SETH (Book Four)

By authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

FOURTEEN

209 14 2
By authormsdevera

The BBQ party is still alive and well; the men are surrounding the grill, talking about men's stuff, and the ladies are in their own space doing the same thing, especially since the two of them are close to giving birth. The children are in the sandbox with the elderly guardians watching over them.

My eyes roamed around, trying to look for that person. Since the time I arrived, he was nowhere to be found.

"Looking for someone?"

My heart almost jumps at the sound of Effie by my side.

"No," taking a sip of my drink and lying. "Just being precautious." The two men were standing next to Rex at the grill, and my eyes landed on the two men at the grill.

They look familiar. Judging by how they act, I smell trouble coming from them once they look at me.

"Seth went out to buy more ice."

"Okay," sounding nonchalant, like I'm looking for him. But my eyes were on those men.

"Anyways, you don't need to be on the job, Terry."

"It's a habit," I tell her and look over at Persephone, who has little Zara on her lap, as they make a sandcastle together. A bright smile on the young girl makes my heart melt.

Persephone has opened up a bit but got used to the company of the children.

"Mmm..."

I glance at her, arching a brow at her response. "What?"

"You and Seth had not made any progress."

"Why are you bringing him up again?" I say with confusion.

"Ever since he came home to visit you, he's been acting weird."

That got me curious.

"Like how?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. But he keeps mumbling to himself like a crazy person."

I had no clue why Seth would act that way after our little 'talk' about him liking girls and not someone disguised as a man. It hurt when he said that. I had no choice but to dress like this. It's just...

"Anyways, you two need the talk."

"Effie, I'm not five," I snort and drink the cup of water. When I saw the beer in the cooler, I grabbed it, and with my pocket knife, I quickly popped the top.

"I don't quite understand why you can't express your feelings to him."

I tell that to myself a lot.

"I had lost my emotion to love a long time ago," I jug a mouthful of cold beer.

"I'm sure you feel it, though," she states, and I can tell how worried she is for me. "I worried about you, Terry. I missed you a lot when you were adopted. I was happy you had found a family, but you've become the first time I met you all these years. Grandpa told me how he saw you, but I don't know the whole story.

I appreciate her concerns, but right now, she should think about her family first than someone who is just an outsider.

"I know it's not my business, but I consider you like family."

My body twitches.

Family?

This is the first time I have heard that word. The definition of family is with the ones you love. But for me, family is nothing but a lie.

My life has been like that since my mother abandoned me. I was adopted but used to be a babymaker for some psycho bitch, and since I killed my baby girl.

Family, in my mind, is the feeling of emptiness and sorrow.

I have a lot of people in my life who are family, but the real question is, who is your true family?

I empty the beer bottle, put it on the floor, and grab another one.

"Um...Terry, you should go easy on the beer."

I smile at her. "No worries. I have high intolerance when it comes to alcohol."

When doing jobs such as dressing up as an escort and entertaining clients, I would have to pretend to be drinking water. But I use alcohol to make my clients drunk to share intel.

Suddenly, a wave of lightheadedness starts to emerge.

Well, that's a lie.

"I need to...*hic*," I burp and excuse myself. "Need to use the bathroom."

"Okay," Effie didn't question as I tried to walk straight, heading inside the house.

Lying about being intolerant about alcohol was the dumbest shit I ever said. Of course, I use it when I'm on the job entertaining clients of my targets, but truthfully, I don't drink. Especially when it comes to alcohol. Alcohol reminded me of my past when it came to Order. They use alcohol and sedatives to give them to the girls before they rape them.

The memory of my past had brought me to the scene with Eva when she forcefully put the alcohol into my mouth before the effect occurred. It's why I didn't fight against Hugo when he forced himself on me. I felt still like a doll being used as his plaything.

It was disgusting. Horrendous. And now I can avenge him and the Order for using me as a tool for their so-called kingdom.

I never knew drinking beer could make me feel this way. My whole body is feeling hot and shaky. I look around the room, unsure if I'm going in the right direction.

I only drank two, and I'm already tipsy. "Shit, where's the bathroom?" I mutter.

Still figuring out where to go, I lean against the hallway wall and fan myself.

"Terry?"

Hearing a familiar voice, I slowly turn to find the man I have not seen for a while. I smile at him, a broad grin on my face.

"Well, well, lookie here," I giggle and hiccup. I arch my back and tilt my head to the side, pointing at him like he has been caught doing something illegal. "Seth Wolfe, you...you are such a meanie."

"Are you drunk?" he asks in such worry.

I stare at him blankly and giggle some more like a little girl.

This has never happened to me before. I randomly picked up the beer bottle because of the conversation with Effie, and the topic was about the man standing in front of me.

"Maybe," I giggle and breathe when I frown. "You ignored me. I know I said some things you didn't want to hear. But don't ignore me."

I'm saying some nonsense to him. Is it because of the alcohol? But beer is supposed to have a tiny bit of alcohol. The first bottle didn't affect me, but the moment I drank the second bottle. This is where I am today. Drunk.

The second bottle wasn't beer but something else. The taste is the same but affects my drinking tolerance differently.

"I'll be good, I promise," I say in a purr. Saying that makes my stomach churn. It reminded me of my childhood when I begged Hugo to stop.

"Come on, let's get you some water," before he can walk past me. I grab his wrist.

I use my strength and push him to the other side of me. A surprising look falls upon him as I cage him with both arms. His face turns away the moment I stare at him.

I groan. "Do I look ugly?"

"What?" Seth snaps his head.

"Do I look ugly?" I repeat with a slur. "Am I repulsive to look at?"

Those words came out to me without realizing what had overcome me in this state of mind. But saying how curious I am in front of Seth wants me to hear how he feels about me.

I was taking his silent answer. I claw my nails on the wall. I drop my arms down and step back. Hit the wall again and let out a stern tone laugh. I didn't realize the tears in my eyes; I let them fall.

"I get it," I exhale. "I'm a freak of nature. Never been loved. I grew up not knowing what love is." Nonsense is spitting out of my mouth. It's like a river that continues to flow.

"Life can be shitty sometimes," I sniff, then scoff. "My life, though, is lower than shit." I hiss at the pain in my head.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I shake my head, but the ache is still there.

"Terry, are you okay?" He grabs me by the arm. "Come on, let's get you some cold water."

I look up at him. Then, an electrical wave pours through my body. As I look closer, I find Seth more attractive, like his handsome brothers. Something about him makes me irritated, but I feel comfortable and safe.

I get mixed feelings when it comes to Seth. I told myself not to get too close to a guy like him. I've been close to men, whether they are from my team or on missions, and my body always feels quiver. But with Seth, his touch, and his closeness, I never feel a threat.

I touch his face and trace my finger to outline from his head down to his jaw. My eyes landed on his lips, and my heart couldn't help but drum.

Images flashed in my mind of Hugo's lips on me, which made me want to puke.

"Terry," Seth pats my back once I gag. "How many drinks did you take?"

I seriously don't know why I'm feeling this way. Two beer bottles shouldn't make me think this drunk. There is only one guess I can think of. The second beer bottle I took was different from the first one. I was just in a hurry to waste away my problems with drinking, which I have never done.

"The second beer bottle," I breathe after breath. "It's next to the cooler. There...there is something...in it."

I had come to my senses and realized the situation causing me to act like this—hot and uncomfortable breathing and getting emotional. I realized now that I'd been drugged.

But how?

I close my eyes, remembering my trace of steps. Entering the party, having a girl talk with the girls, watching everyone having fun and relaxing, Persephone with the children, and if I remember correctly, there were unfamiliar faces who attended. Besides Effie's friend Clark and his fiancé, there were two new faces I hadn't seen.

They had told me they were new workers at the auto shop. Their names were Frankie and Lou. I remember their faces. I now remember who they are. I can never forget those disgusting faces. They work under Sully.

"Fuck!" I hit my fist on the wall.

"Terry, what's wrong?"

How the fuck did they find me? Or did they come for Persephone?

I don't think they put a tracking device on a child. But knowing Eva, who treats an Eden Child like a prize, will never give up on it. The tracking is probably an upgrade after I left.

They were quick to find her. It has been a while since Persephone, and I moved into this neighborhood. But I know the Order; they can have eyes and ears anywhere. I need to find her before they do anything.

I try to lift myself with Seth supporting me, but my legs are numb.

Were they the ones who added something to the beer?

It has to be. Those men look suspicious from the start.

Pretending to work under Rex at his family auto shop, they want to keep an eye on the people close to Persephone.

Shit!

I get my guard down.

"Terry, are you okay?"

I was letting Seth's voice soothe my anger. Before dealing with those lackeys, I need to deal with my problem.

I slowly look at Seth, and my heart beats rapidly like I ran a marathon.

Everything about him was a Godsend; my whole body was boiling up sensationally, and my heart couldn't stop the pounding.

Those fuckers didn't put what I think they put. A fucking aphrodisiac. I don't know the purpose of putting the drug in the beer. But knowing those two are here to sabotage me and take Persephone is probably the first step.

Though they are out there and will have a plan to take her away, I need to get rid of the drug.

I again focus on Seth, who hasn't said anything except to try to help me. Now I know what is in the second beer bottle. My whole body has taken effect from it. And the only way to get rid of the drug is...

"Terry?"

I gripped his shirt and pulled him into my lip. The moment our lips touch, I crave more. Seth, on the other hand, did not push me off. Knowing him, kissing a guy isn't his style because he's into girls. If I can unleash the sensation from the drug with a kiss, nothing more will sober me up to get Persephone and leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
131K 6K 25
This is the second book in the Hitman series, it can be read as a standalone but you'll understand characters a bit better if you read 'Falling for a...
2.1M 83.2K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...