Wherever the sun shines (Sak...

By zamaschi

Atsumu runs away from home when he is only 18. he, his best friend Oikawa and Oikawa's boyfriend go on a jour... More

Journey
Flower king
Market stranger
Magical encounter
Sunscreen
Hot springs
Snowdrops and Sunflowers
New moving home
Bonus Chapter: Market stranger
Tales of the south
The one thing we know
Big city
New friend
The smell of love
Galaxies
Trail trough memories
Palace gardens
Letter to the ones I miss
Gift shopping
Fashion show
Siblings and cherries
Colourfull days
Forgotten cities
Kisses
Exploration
I'm sick
Finally some volleyball
Search the key
Holidays
House of music
The sad pianist
Fireflies
When the stars are further than you thought
I'm here
Look alike
The truth can be hard

Children's play

378 12 8
By zamaschi

Three days went by, Atsumu and Oikawa started to get bored. "Why doesn't Iwa-Chan just come here?... I'm boooored." The older wined. "Jeez Thooru, I told you to wait for just two more days, we need some more money so I volunteered 'till the end of the festival!" a shout came from farther away.

The two best friends were waiting by the water while their car was parked only a few streets away. The Mayor's family let the three friends sleep in his house. Atsumu believed his name to be Komori. He had talked a little with their son Motoya, the brown-haired boy was nice and at times Atsumu thought that Motoya might be the Motto that Bokuto was talking about.

As Atsumu looked at the scenery he could see people trying to get all the food and decorations to the right places. He and Oikawa could help with it, wouldn't they?

His thoughts went to the black-haired boy from the market. 'Where was he? Was he just here for some days and went away now? Why do I even worry about it, it's not like I wanna meet him again, right?'

The young boy felt a push on his head. "Earth to Atsumu." He could hear someone say. "Yeah, sorry I wasn't listening," he looked up to see a worried Oikawa and Motoya. The two brunettes sighed. "Two of our actors for the children's play fell sick, I was wondering if you and Oikawa could take their place?" he said, a little nervous. "YES YES, I'M SOOOO BORED!" Oikawa screamed. "Of course you guys will get paid, what the pay is is still quite sure because the original actors did it for free." The fake blond looked at his friend.

"You don't need to pay us," Atsumu said, smiling at the smaller boy. "Why not?" A frown found its way on that boy's face. "It's for the children, and the originals wouldn't take pay either," he said determinedly. He could feel Iwaizumi's glare on his back. It was screaming "We need the money, why did you say that?" "NO, I insist on paying you two!" The other said back. "You know, just give us a coupon for the festival." Oikawa broke the argument. "Okay, I'll get you a card so you guys can have a free pass on every attraction. I'll get the Iwaizumi one too." With that, the brunette left to find his father.

"Thanks, Kawa, if you hadn't come between us Iwa would have killed me." that earned a laugh from his BFF. "Let's go, we finally have something to do!" the taller screamed attracting some attention from people passing. "Well, it looks like projecting your voice isn't any problem." Atsumu giggled being dragged away by a now embarrassed Oikawa.

They arrived at the practice room. "Hello, we are the replacements for the theatre," Atsumu said softly, not wanting to startle the girl who was working on the dresses. He failed however because the blond screamed a little scared. "S-Suga-san, the replacements are here." A dark-haired buff boy screamed to someone in the back.

That is when a gray-haired boy with an open sweet smile came running. "Thanks, Daichi." He said punching the boy on the shoulder. Atsumu didn't know if it was supposed to be a shoulder pat or a passive-aggressive punch. "Hi my name is Sugawara Koichi, but please call me Suga," he said smiling, giving a hand to the other two. "You guys must be the placements for Kiyoko and Tanaka right?"

Oikawa was looking for prince clothes together with Yachi, the girl Atsu startled. "So I have to play the princess?" Atsumu asked, a little surprised. "Yeah sorry, we originally had Kiyoko play that role but, do you think you can do that?" Suga said, giving him the script. "Atsumu-san, could you come here for the make-over?" Yachi asked.

Atsumu got some extensions for his hair, Yachi had some mad make-up skills making him look like an actual girl. "Say, Yachi... I'm sorry for startling you." Atsumu awkwardly said. "Oh, it's nothing. We're all just happy we got replacements so fast."

"What happened to the two other actors?" The fake blond asked, closing his eyes to make sure the brush didn't get in his eyes. "Well, they ate something wrong, I was the first one Kiyoko told." She said proudly. "Ooh, you guys are close?" The fake blond asked. "We dated in high school." She answered simply.

"Did I ask about something sensitive? I'm so sorry." He said bowing. "Oh no, It's nothing. We're still best friends. Besides, I'm dating Kanoka" She said pointing at a raven-haired girl fitting in a knight outfit. "She is also very happy with Tanaka-san and it wasn't a bad break-up." "I'm still sorry" Atsumu apologized, earning a giggle from the girl doing his hair.

"Waaaa, Atsu, you look so cute!" Oikawa screamed, squeezing Atsumu's cheeks.

"Right, you look perfect as a princess, the little kids will love it," Suga said, hugging Daichi from behind. "Oh, love isn't that my job?" the buffer guy asked, smiling at his lover. Suga just stuck out his tongue.

Atsumu had a red, black, and orange dress. They gave him puffy sleeves to hide his muscles. They also put some soft fabric for breasts, he truly looked like a girl.

Atsumu was nervous, to say the least. He was terrified of being found out. What if the children found out he was actually a guy. What if they hate him?

"Everything will be okay, we trained hard on your voice and your acting," Suga reassured him. The gray-haired boy had taken Atsumu under his wings and taught him a lot of stuff in only a short period.

Suga, Daichi, Yachi, and the others were from a different town. They said that it was much smaller than this little village. Suga was studying to become a teacher while Daichi was working to be a cop. They would go around other places to perform for children on their summer break.

As Atsumu came on the podium he saw the crowd of kids. There were a lot of children because it was free.

Atsumu: Oh, my dear kingdom, I don't want to marry some random guy I never knew.

Atsumu said it in a sweet cotton candy voice.  

Kanoka: But my princess, it's written in all the rules that the princess must marry the one of our king's choosing.

Kanoka played the princess's knight and best friend. The story was a weird mixture of Aladdin (Disney), and the typical 'dragon kidnapped princess' story. Oikawa was the prince who ran away from his kingdom and lived as a street rat and Daichi was the knight desperate to find the missing prince.

The play went surprisingly well. Atsumu stayed in character and even had to improvise some lines because he forgot what he was supposed to say.

In the end, the kids would ask the actors some questions, which means that the crew had to stay in character. Oikawa had so many little girls asking for his autograph or a hug that he wasn't gonna be done any time soon.

Atsumu had another problem though. "Please marry me, princess Lily.' one of the boys asked. "No, I wanna marry you." Another screamed. Atsumu felt honored but a little awkward.

"Is this normal?" he asked Suga who was announcing that the kids had to stop fighting. "Oh, totally. Get a sweet person in a nice suit or dress and they all come running." He laughed.

After that, the kids could take photos with the actor. Now they are finally done.

"Atsu, me and Iwa-Chan are going to another theatre directed to teens. Are you coming?"

Atsumu was tired, not to mention that he had forced his voice a little at the end. "Sorry, I'm coming later. 'Just want some time alone." He looked at Oikawa who just nodded.

When he arrived at a place Motoya had shown him he finally could let himself rest.

It was on a hill, so you could see the whole village from there.

The fake blond had kept the dress, make-up, and longer hair for if he saw some of the children again. Suga has even insisted on giving them the costumes because nobody in their crew would fit in the clothes.

A cold wind was present, but Atsumu shot up when he heard a familiar voice.

"Well well, looks like you are alright even with your indecisiveness."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I drew Atsumu even though it's not that good, I just wanted you guys to have an idea how he looked like in his costume).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6.2K 101
A story about our ships meeting each other for the first time. The Miya twins were separated when they were 10 after their parents divorced. Atsumu w...
32K 916 30
𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 (𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵...
328K 13.4K 50
𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙮 𝙖 𝙗𝙪𝙨, 𝙊𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙬𝙖.╰── ➤ Miyazaki Kaiya (OC) is an aspiring artist who moved from Tokyo to Miyagi just before she started her...
56.3K 743 66
||Characters belong to the creator of Haikyuu!! (Haruichi Furudate)|| Random one-shots I make or think of for Haikyuu ships I accept requests but no...