Roses, Elms and Lilies | Jack...

By bubblwannie

"Eric is Rose, like roses" he smiled. "And Dewey is Elm, like Elms," the other finished . "So we thought it w... More

info
cast
1; The City
2; The First Class
3; The flaws
4; The Christmas
5; The game night
6; The gravity
7; The new world
8; The time capsule
9; The mayor of St. Upid town.
10; The hurricane
11; The senator
12; The semi-formal
13; The fights
14; The fear
15; The forgiveness project
16; The money
17; The trip upstate
18; The true Maya
19; The Ski Lodge (1)
20; The Ski Lodge (2)
21; The wedding
22; The teddy bear
23; The monster
25; The Sweet Sixteen
26; The Goodbye
27; The End
THANKS + Q&A

24; The Christmas With Maya

1.9K 55 11
By bubblwannie

Season 3 episode 18 "girl meets Christmas Maya"

So... Besides this one, there's only three chapters more. I can't believe we've gotten this far. I will be posting the last three episodes over the course if next week.
Thanks for everything.

"Who's ready for Egret-- Ahh-Ahh!" Riley entered the bakery with Maya and sat with his friends.

Delilah was with Eric at the bakery, helping out, while Riley and her friends talked about Secret Santa.

Riley and Maya sat on the couch with Zay on the cube chair and Farkle and Smackle on the other side of the table on the backless couch.

"Do you never give up with this?" Smakle asked as Delilah cleaned the counter,

"Secret Santa's horrible every year." Farkle agreed.

"You know who's the smartest man alive?" Zay asked.

"Thank you, Zay." Farkle smiled.

"I wasn't gonna say you. I was gonna say Lucas." He corrected.

"Why is Lucas smart? He's not even here. Oh!" Farkle realized as he complained.

"Yeah, where is Lucas?" Riley asked

"He went to Texas for the holidays." Zay explained.

"How could he have gone without telling me?" Riley frowned.

"Because this was his way out of Secret Santa." Smakle smiled.

"He knows even you can't reach him 2,000 miles away." Zay said.

"Oh, trust me, he's doin' it." Riley said in anger.

"Or," Eric approached them, "you could let the poor man live, and I could join you." He said lenaind next to Maya.

"Yeah, let take the empty spot," Zay agreed.

"Ok, Eric," she smiled, "Whoever get's Lucas' name, has Eric." She nodded. "Now, I want you to really think hard about the person that you get, because this gift tells them how much that you know about them. And whatever happens, do not say who you have. That's the egret part of Egret Ahh-Ahh." Riley ranted as Eric stood next to Maya.

"Ready?" Riley passed a box with the namesand the group picked up papers.

"Yikes."

"Yikes."

"I got Maya."

"Smackle!" Riley shouted at her, making Eric chuckle.

"This is who I am!" She shrugged and Eric stared at her with a smile, making Delilah stare at him suspiciously.

"Okay, you go. Do not react." Riley insisted as it was Eric's turn.

"Oh, please, Riley, show him how." Maya said unbothered.

Riley picked a paper, opened it, looked at Zay, then at Maya, back at Zay and then closed it. "It's Farkle."

"Smackle!" She shouted at her, making Eric chuckle again, this time, Delilah widened her eyes and gasped at him.

"Let's go," Eric smiled and picked up a paper, "Okay!" He celebrated.

"All right, Peaches," Riley told Maya and she picked up a paper, "do not say who you have."

"Never, Sweetie, I know how much this means to you." She said seriously.

"Tell us."

"Never," she paused, "I won't even tell you if it's a him or a ha-hurr." She finished, making Zay smile.

"Thank you, Maya." She smiled, "Okay, everybody. Let's find out how well we really know each other."

•••

Smackle and Farkle sat together on the couch while Zay was outside sitting on a table. Riley and Maya had left and Eric was helping his mother. Or at least trying.

"Eric," she talked to him, "Why are you cleaning the counter for the fifth time?" She asked

"Not clean enough," he said staring at the couple.

"Ok, baby," she dragged him into the kitchen, "you're gonna make them uncomfortable,we don't want that." She said and he nodded, "What's going on with you?" She asked and he sighed.

"I think I like Smackle," he confessed.

"Yeah, I knew that," she said, "but why are you suddenly a acting weird around her?"

"Wait, you knew? How?" He frowned.

"You're my son," she said, "I know everything," she smiled.

"Well," be paused, "then you should know that Farkle and Smackle have been having a little trouble lately," he started, "and Smackle is confused and doesn't know if they should be together anymore?" He ranted.

"Oh, wow," she said surprised, "I knew you two were friends, but not that much," she looked at him, "Just let things be, ok?" She said, "Don't Force anything," she patted his shoulder and left.

"Of course,"

•••

"Okay, who goes first?" Riley smiled.

They were sitting in the same position as before, but Eric sat next to Maya.

"No! We're not going one at a time," Maya said, "I want this over with as quick as possible."

"I don't think everybody feels that way, Maya." Riley said and everyone opened theirs except for her and Eric.

"Oh," Eric said surprised.

"Oh, boy."

"Uh, it's a clock." Maya said looking at hers, "It's broken." She paused, "And the instruction manual on how to fix it." She picked up the manual, "Best Christmas ever."

"I must've opened the wrong one." Zay said looking at his, "The Magical Gathering of Dungeon Masters. Of Catan. For Nerds." He left it on the table, "This can't be for me."

"It has your name on it." Smackle smiled.

"Oh, wow. Just... Hmm. Thank you."

"Boy," Smackle talked, "I may have never done this with you before, but even I know you could at least pretend to deeply appreciate whatever you get." She complained and then opened hers, "Etiquette: A Guide to Manners and Proper Behavior Among People." She smiled fakely, "I deeply appreciate it." She said and then threw it at Zay.

"Guys, that's a really mean gift." Farkle said, "Guys?" He stared at Zay.

"Farkle, wait." Riley talked, "I'm sure there's a good reason that somebody would--"

"Yeah, is there a good reason somebody would get me this?" He asked offended showing his gift.

"Farkle, you found out that your ancestors are Jewish." She explained

"So-- I don't know who I am anymore, I shouldn't even be celebrating Christmas?" He asked.

"No. No, that's not it at all." She frowned.

"Why are you pushing me?" He asked.

"I'm not! I didn't mean to." She said sadly.

"Great job." Zay applauded, "I mean, another brilliant year, Secret Santas."

"Yeah, I guess we don't really know each other at all." Farkle finished and everyone stayed silent.

"A broken clock?" Maya asked, "That's what you think of me?" She tried to leave but Eric stopped her.

"Maya, we're not going anywhere until we figure out why these horrible gifts are great." He said and everyone stared at him.

"Since when do you have Christmas spirit?" Zay asked.

"Since this Christmas," he paused, "for the first time, my father was home." He explained, "It gave me hope." He looked at Riley,

"There's nothing to figure out," Zay said, "the whole thing's a disaster."

"Riley," Eric smiled, "open yours," he said and she did as said.

Riley looked at the inside of the box confused and then smiled a little, "Your golden locket?" She frowned, "but why am I getting this?" She frowned.

"You know why my mom gave it to me?" He asked and she nodded,

"She gave it to you with a picture of you father inside so that he would still be with you," she paused, "even when she wasn't," she finished.

"Yeah, but that wasn't the original purpose of the locket," he smiled, "your father gave it to her when they were younger. For Christmas. For Secret Santa." He paused, "He gave it to her so that she could keep her most treasured people there,"

"Who was that?" Farkle asked,

"Her friends," he smiled, "she kept a tiny picture of her friends there." He looked at Riley again, "I don't need to have my father there anymore, but I want you to keep your friends close."

"Thank you," Riley smiled and grabbed his hand, "it's a great present," she looked around, "and so is every present in this table, so let's figure out why!" She insisted.

"What does this mean, Riley?" Farkle asked, "How is this great?"

"Farkle, I got this for you not to change you, but because it's a part of where you came from." She started, "Ever since the day after our culture week, when you found out that you might have a new ancestry, I started reading about it. Because I love you." She stated and he looked down, "And I would always want to know who you are. Whoever you are. Did you know that in Hebrew everything goes from right to left? All this time, everything you've done, you've always thought left to right. And now, you may need to consider that there's another way. And when I thought about that, I thought it would be good for you, because if you know both ways, well--" she paused and smiled, "then you have an even greater understanding than you did before. Isn't that what you've always wanted?" She paused and looked around, "Happy Hanukkah, Farkle. Merry Christmas. Happy everything."

"Thanks, Riley, uh-- You're right. I'm gonna try to learn everything I can about this." They hugged and Eric smiled.

"One done, three to go!" He celebrated.

"This was from me, Zay." Farkle told the boy,

"The Magical Gathering of the Dungeon Masters. Of Catan. For Nerds." He paused, "Why would you think I'd want this? Isn't this something you'd want? Is this what you think of me?"

'No, we know how close you are to Lucas, and--" he paused, "with him away for the holidays, we didn't want you to feel like you were alone." He looked at his girlfriend, "So Smackle and I wanted to include you in our world, too."

"Farkle told me that he didn't know what to get you, and it bothered us that we didn't know you better." She said, "And we want to. So he got you this game, that will help us to get to know you."

"How?" He frowned.

''Because it takes 17 years to play." Drake answered.

"Then we better get started." Zay joked, "Thank you." He smiled and stood up, "I'mm the one who, uh, got you this he picked up the book.

"I know that there are some things that are different about me. That's why you got me an etiquette book?" She asked offended.

"Well, if you open it, you'll see there's some writing in the margins." He sat next to her,

"Yeah, you crossed out a lot of stuff. And you wrote some of your own stuff." She noticed.

"Yeah, here, see, it says, uh, 'A young lady speaks in a gentle tone, and never raises her voice.' " he paused, "Your voice is my favorite thing about you. That's why I crossed all these things out. That's why I changed everything to the funny things you do that I like." He looked at her, "Because I know you're working on stuff, but I never want you to forget who you are, and what makes you wonderful." He stood up and sat back on his seat.

"I'm feeling things because of you!" She complained.

"Well, " Zay looked at Eric, "I got a little help, but, You're welcome, Smackle."

"You gave him the idea?" Smakle asked Eric,

"Oh, no," he shook his head, "That's All his," he chuckled, "I only told him everything I knew about you," he smiled

"Which was surprisingly a lot," Zay frowned.

"Can't wait to hear this one." Maya said and everyone looked at her.

"It's beautiful." Smackle started, "But it's broken. It was hard to find a broken one." She paused, "Ever since I've known you, you've never stopped trying to put yourself back together. I wanted to get you something to let you know that you've done a great job, and it's okay to work on something else," she explained.

"But why a clock?" Maya asked confused

"You already know that time fixes a lot of things," she said, "I thought you might like to return the favor."

Maya stayed quiet as tears formed in her eyes, "I'm not crying, you are."

"You did good, guys." Riley smiled.

"So did you, Riley." Farkle smiled back.

"Yeah, Riley, maybe we should give this Secret Santa thing one more year." Zay joked.

"Wait," Maya stopped everyone, "Eric hasn't opened his, yet," she looked at him and he smiled.

He took his box and opened it. When he saw what it was, he chuckled, "A locket?" He smiled at her.

"Yeah," she smiled, "When you told me you were giving Riley yours," she paused, "I thought maybe it was time for you to get your own locket with your own meaning," she smiled.

"It's beautiful," he smiled at her.

"Open it!" She said happily.

He did and his smiled dropped for a second, "It's--"

"Yes!" Maya raised her arms,

"What?" Riley frowned in confusion.

"It's--" he was interrupted by the blonde

"Don't jinx it!" She smiled.

"I love it," he hugged her, "I love you, Maya" he cried a little, "You're my favorite cousin, now."

"Hey!" Riley complained, "Hey, Maya," she smiled, "you know the good thing about having a nice clock?" She asked, "Once you fix it, it will always point you towards your," she made. Dramatic pause as she threw confetti around, "Christmas future."

"Ghost of the Future." Maya stood up, "I fear you most of all."

•••

"I'm home!" Eric said as he entered his house.

"Hey buddy," Jack talked from the kitchen,where he sat with Doy and Delilah.

"We're about to have dinner," Delilah smiled, "come here," he walked to them and sat next to her mother, her brother in front of him and his father next to Doy, "did Riley like the locket?"

"She loved it," he smiled.

"What locket?" Jack asked, "Your locket?" He looked at his wife and she nodded, "You loved that locket!"

"Yeah, but," he paused, "I didn't need it anymore," he smiled at his mother.

"And what's that?" Doy pointed at his new locket.

"Oh," Delilah smiled at it, "it's beautiful."

"It was Maya's present," he smiled.

"What does it have inside?" Jack asked.

"Something I'm hopeful for," he smiled, "I don't wanna jinx it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 429 40
"Maybe I'm scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You are everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want." ☆☆☆ "I...
104K 2.8K 28
𝗮𝗳·𝗳𝗶𝗻·𝗶·𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻 ↳ 𝗮 𝗻𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘆𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗯𝗲𝘄𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 �...
284K 6.8K 30
THE FIRST JACK HUNTER FANFICTION ON WATTPAD "I'm sure there's more to you than the pretty, awkward guy you show." "Lilacs and sunsets."
154K 4.4K 60
THE SEQUEL IS OUT Joshua Matthews is not related to Riley in this story, they just both have the last name because it's a common lasts name. Maya is...