How Karma Found Jesse Again|1...

By TheChiaPet

Jesse Duran is back. After five years of being separated from the rest of the world due to his own mistakes... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE/CAST
PLAYLIST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY (.5)
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO (RE-UPLOADED)
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FIVE
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2
Epilogue #3
Epilogue #4
NEW STORY
Follow my Bookstagram!

THIRTY-FOUR

2K 111 90
By TheChiaPet

"Someone get me an Advil, ibuprofen, and a Redbull!" Ryan says as he paces around his suite as Cyrus and I look at each other before shifting our eyes back to our nervous best friend as he had a break down again about the wedding that was supposed to be happening in the next thirty minutes.

"How many times are you going to do this, bruh?" Cyrus rolls his eyes, "You already ate five tacos and it's only 9 AM. You better calm down before you throw up on your bride's dress while you're reading your vows." he groans in annoyance

Sometimes I wish I was a woman because I'm sure they're a lot less stressed out in Paola's room than we are in this one. Well, I'm not stressed. It's not like it's my wedding day or anything but since Paola did me a solid, I think I owe it to her to at least try to tone down my usual charm and sarcasm just for today. This is especially hard to do with Carter in the same room as me but whatever.

Ryan stops pacing and uses a finger to loosen the top of his tie a bit, "Fuck you. Why would you say that to me?" he complains, "Now I feel like the food's about to come up." he fans himself and I begin to roll my eyes

Part of me wishes he had gotten drunk at the bachelor party but he made it a point to not drink as much even when I offered to be the designated driver. He's usually a quiet drunk which is a complete 180 from how he is normally.

Karma finally started answering my texts last night after we spent the whole rehearsal dinner, well, she spent the whole rehearsal dinner ignoring me.

Her parents had let her know that they had spoken to me and apparently they're not as disgusted by me. I guess Paola was right when she told me to tell them that I was willing to turn my life around and do better things with my time, which is exactly what they told Karma.

This business meeting with her dad was important I guess because he had been trying to get a reservation at my place for the longest to impress his boss. I told him when we spoke that all he had to do was call me and I would work everything out in whatever way I needed to, to make that happen.

However, I still don't know if they would approve of me dating her...but I'm sure that they would. I'm a lot more confident about us now than I was when I freaked out on her in my hotel room. However, I needed to make things right with her before the wedding starts because I don't want us to spend another day with that awkward cloud above our heads so I needed to head down to Paola's suite any minute now to talk to her.

"Well, you only have a little over twenty minutes to decide if you're gonna be a runaway groom. If you'll excuse me I'm going to get going." I say to Cyrus and Ryan. Don't really have much to say to Carter and I'm sure it's the same on his end.

Holding a paper bag to his mouth, which I don't know where the hell that came from, Ryan looks at me incredulously once he takes it away from his mouth to control his breathing, "You're not leaving me on my wedding day! You promised we'd get through this together!"

The left side of my lip curled up in confusion as I shook my head looking at him in confusion shrugging my shoulders, "I'm coming back?"

"Oh, I get it! So when the going gets tough you just get going?!" he asks as he puts his hands on his hips

Running my hands through my hair, I turn to head towards the door of the suite so I can leave. I don't have time for him and his antics. Literally.

"Breathe into the bag, man." I hear Carter say before I leave and Ryan counters back with a "Don't tell me how to breathe on my wedding day, man"

The girl's suite wasn't necessarily that far from Ryan's but it was another floor below us. I took the closest elevator and hit the button that was marked with the number and three and pulled out my phone to send a quick text to Karma.

I always wondered what name she had for me in her phone. It was probably something sweet like 'My baby' or 'Sweetie' something frilly and girly

To: GoodLuck Charm 🍀

Ryan's hyperventilating and I don't think I can stand in the same room as him anymore. I'm coming down to you guys' suite.

From: Bipolar Asswipe ❤️

Ryan's hyperventilating and I don't think I can stand in the same room as him anymore. I'm coming down to you guys' suite.

To: Bipolar Asswipe ❤️

Yeah okay. And really? Paola can't wait to walk down the aisle I didn't think he'd be so nervous.

"Paola, you got this boy having some sort of meltdown in their suite. Jesse said he's hyperventilating." I yell over at Paola as she stands in her dress, her face getting touched up by the makeup artist/ her cousin Marisol.

I watch as Paola rolls her eyes, "This is my life?" she asks jokingly looking up at Justine, "It's not too late to run away is it?"

Justine nods her head and places a hand on her hip, "Um hell yeah it's too late to run away. You did not bring us to another country to treat us like we're starring in one of your mom's telenovela's. Sit your ass in that chair." she scoffs playfully as she sits in her own chair as it's her turn to get her hair curled.

I was the only one in the room that was done and we had about 15 minutes before the wedding had to start. So we weren't doing too bad on time.

Justine and I were both wearing burgundy bridesmaid dresses to match the burgundy and silver theme that Paola had chosen for the wedding.

Paola's dress was white, burgundy, and silver. The main color was white, the top,bottom and the back were lined with burgundy and there was silver embroidery that could be found around the dress.

There was a knock at the door and I rushed to go open it knowing who it was. When I open the door I'm met with Jesse's blank stare that soon morphed into a smile seeing me fully dressed. I couldn't help but grin back at him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the suite closing the door behind both of us as we stood in the middle of the hallway in front of it.

Clearing his throat, he does the thing that he always does when he's nervous, scratching the back of his neck he looks down at his shoes briefly before looking up and tells me, "I'm sorry." he lets out a sigh, "I shouldn't have said all those things to you. it was a moment of weakness and you had every right to be upset at me afterward. You didn't deserve to hear any of that and I don't know why I said any of it."

I cross my arms over my chest and I almost row my eyes when I see is that his eyes flicker down to glance at my cleavage a few times in a way that he thinks I wouldn't notice, "You're gross." I hold back a laugh

He makes a whining sound and goes to grab my hand again, "Just tell me you're not upset at me anymore I feel awkward knowing that you're upset at me."

"No one told you to say that we wouldn't last." a shrug

"Like I said it was a minimal moment of weakness. It just kind of came out. You know I want nothing more than for us to work out the way that we talked about and besides," he shrugs," I think me and your dad are going to have a beautiful friendship someday."

I nod my head, "I heard about Paola giving you advice."

He rolls his eyes and sighs loudly, "Never again. However, I don't mind it. For once she actually said something that was useful."

We hear a loud bang on the other side of the door and Paola's voice coming from behind it, "I heard that!"

Jesse yells back, "You were supposed to. Now you can't say that all I ever do is insult you."

She yells again, "The fact that you're at my wedding and one of my future husband's groomsman is an insult enough!"

I watched as he chuckled to himself quietly a light smile grazing his lips, something I never thought I would see especially since it's because of Paola.

"I already know you guys will be the bestest of friends when we go back to America." I poked his cheek in a teasing way and he grabs my hand placing a kiss on my knuckles, Holding it tightly

"Don't push it." he smiles, "Am I forgiven?" I give him a nod and he takes a hold of both sides of my waist pulling me close enough to place a light kiss on my lips.

" I appreciate you for talking to my parents. I'm pretty sure I know how scared you were. My mom can be...."I trail off not knowing the exact words but he finishes my sentences

"Intense as fuck?" he says back with an eyebrow raises

"Well, I wouldn't put it in those words." I let out a laugh and he nods, sticking to what she said

"She talked about me in your language right in front of me and then asked me if I stole the money I used for my restaurant."

"Well didn't you?"

"No...my father did but that was years ago and none of my business." he answers half-jokingly, "But I think I can win her over too."

"I'll tell then about you as soon as we get to America then. I just don't want our last few days here to be filled with any drama." and he nods and responds to this agreeing

"Yeah. And besides, we have to make up for lost time anyway."

My face twist in confusion, "What do you mean by lost time?" I am no longer confused when his eyebrows start to wiggle suggestively and then I know what he means... of course, that's what he meant.

"Don't think Justine didn't tell me about your comment in regards to being put in several positions during your stay here in, Mexico." and I groan

"I hate that you're close to her." I lie. I actually think it's kind of sweet.

"No you don't." he says knowingly, he takes one arm off of my ways to look at his wrist checking his Rolex watch as he looks at the time, when he sees that the wedding is supposed to start any minute he places his hand back and looks me square in the eye, "You ready to walk down that aisle?"

He asked and I scoffed, "Of course. Why would I be nervous? it's not my wedding."

He reaches one hand up and tucks one of my dark curls behind my ear, his voice dropping as he speaks quietly, "Not yet anyway."

-------------------------------------------

Third Person

One by one, bridesmaids and groomsmen accompanied each other as they walked down the aisle to stand in their rightful spots waiting for Paola to make her grand entrance.

As Ryan and Paola (mainly Paola) envisioned, they were having their wedding on the beach outside of the hotel.

The sun was shining and everyone was in good spirits. Paola's family shed tears as the realization that their niece/cousin/granddaughter would no longer bear the name of Paola Ramirez anymore as her and high school sweetheart were prepared to vow and declare their for each other in front of everyone.

And although they weren't biological, Karma's family shared the same emotions as they eagerly awaited the arrival of Paola, someone who they viewed as a third daughter and little sister for years as they come to realize that Karma and Paola truly were not the same little girls who stood outside of each other's houses and would jump rope, gossip or obsess over who was their favorite/cutest Jonas brother for hours.

Although Ryan didn't have as many family members as Paola's his grandmother was in attendance and she was struggling to keep the tears at bay.

Karma looks up at Jesse with a smile, happy tears in her eyes as she awaited the moment that she and Paola had been talking about for years. All Jesse could think about was how his childhood friend was actually going to be someone's husband and wondered who the fuck let that happen.

Nonetheless, he was excited although he wouldn't dare show it. But he was eager because he knew that if he was patient enough...it would be him waiting for Karma at the end of the aisle.

When all the bridesmaids and groomsmen made it to the end of the aisle. Jesse took his spot behind Ryan and Cyrus was behind Jesse. Carter stood behind Cyrus. The order of who is closest to the groom.

Karma stood in her spot as maid of honor with Justine behind her.

Everyone's head turned to look at Paola who was accompanied by her mother, who walked her down the aisle along with her not-so-little brother Brian. Paola always wondered what it would be like to have a father. Especially since she's left when she was so very young. She always wondered if she was missing out on what other girls who had fathers were doing. She felt like her family was incomplete for a long time.

Until she grew up and learned the value of family and everything her mother had done to provide for her and her brother. So she stopped wishing for a father because she knew that her mother was a superhero of some sort, understanding how hard it is to take on both roles.

From teaching Paola and Brian how to ride a bike, consoling Paola during her 1st period when she thought she was dying and told her that it was part of becoming a woman. Showing Brian how to shave properly when he started growing facial hair at 15 and cut himself trying to shave the barely-there mustache that was coming in.

She did it all and for that Paola thought it was important she was in this position.

When Paola reaches the aisle, her mother and brother place a kiss on both her cheeks and Paola's mom reaches a hand up to stroke Ryan's cheek grasping his hand tightly before letting go of both of them and taking her seat.

Paola smiles widely at Ryan and he returned it, whispering to her about how cute she looked. Her dark hair was in a high bun, with small pieces of hair framing the side of her face.

Ryan couldn't believe she was his. She would always be his.

The priest speaks, his Mexican accent heavy as he speaks in English, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony." he starts, "The bride and the groom have prepared their own vows to recite today. Ryan would you like to go first?" he says to Ryan

Ryan chuckles, "I was really hoping you'd make her do it first." he says and all the guests erupt in laughter

"Paola. I know I never shut up about this story. Ever. Cyrus and Jesse always complain about it." he says as both Jesse and Cyrus nod behind him, "I've known you a bit longer than you've known me. That's because I quite literally would stalk you every time you stood near your locker. I thought you were just a pretty face until I heard about how smart you were and what classes you had been taking and I was stunned. Beauty and Brains. I just knew you were one of god's favorites." he says and yet again people snicker quietly and even Paola cracks a small grin

"I know that you can do a lot better than me. But for some reason, you chose me and continued to stay with me and I was and am completely floored. But because you've chosen me, I want you to know that I vow to always laugh at all your jokes...even the ones that suck. I vow to sit with you for hours as you brainstorm ideas for your youtube channel because I love how much you adore your subscribers and want to produce the best content. And I adore all of them too for seeing what I see in you, even through a screen. I vow to hold you when you get cold in the middle of the night and to not laugh at you when something scary happens in those horror movies that you insist on watching. I vow to protect from any negativity whether it's an online troll or the barista from Panera who you threatened to cut for flirting with me." all of the guests laugh again and Paola scratches the back of her head shyly

"Essentially, I vow to be here for you through anything and everything. I vow to love you through everything." Paola's tears stream down her face before Ryan pulls out his burgundy handkerchief from his chest pocket and dabs her face lightly, trying not to ruin her makeup.

She sniffles and says, "How the fuck do I follow that?" she thinks out loud and immediately covers her mouth apologizing to everyone immediately. All of the kids in the room giggling at her slip up including Giovanni who puts his hand out waiting for Chinelo to place a dollar in his hand. Because he bet her that either Ryan or Paola would curse during their speeches.

Clearing her throat she says, "You have always held me on such a high pedestal from the moment we met. And for that, you've been my driving force and my biggest fan throughout the entirety of our relationship thus far. All I've ever wanted and all I ever want to keep doing is continue to make you proud. Because from this day forward I vow to be the kind of woman that you deserve. You've always told me that I can do better when I feel the exact same about you. Then I took a step back...and I realized that we're only human and we can't expect each other to be perfect." she pauses and takes a breath, "I don't want to be perfect for you but I want to be enough for you. We're so young and there's so much room for improvement...I want to improve with you. Have a family and grow old with you. And within that time, become a better version of ourselves for our kids, role models. The same way that mom was for B and me." she turns to look at her mother briefly with a smile who had been tearing up this whole time.

"I love that you wear your heart on your sleeve, you're so open. I want to work on that and learn to love as hard as you do because I know that I couldn't have gone through these last couple of years without you being exactly who you are today. I vow to be your cheerleader and number one fan as you've been to me, but this time it's for the rest of our lives." she finishes and by the time they've finished their vows there's not a dry eye in the house as everyone has teared up, some were on the verge of sobbing.

Chinelo was crying and Gio had been rolling her eyes and patting her back.

For once Jesse didn't have a snide remark to make because he actually found the vows moving as well as Cyrus and Carter.

Karma and Justine had tears rolling down their cheeks.

It was a beautiful moment.

The priest asks for the rings and Paola's little cousin, Gabriel who was only four had provided them.

"I give you this ring as a token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love." Paola and Ryan repeat to each other as they each put on their rings.

The priest continues, "By virtue of the authority vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Ryan, you may now kiss your bride."

Ryan jokingly rubs his hands together and grabs Paola by the waist and dips her slightly, his arms wrapped around her as he places his lips on his and kisses her deeply not caring who was watching.

Claps erupted from all the guests as smiles graced their faces

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Simpson!"

------------------------------------

[a/n] they're so cute I'm crying  *sniffles loudly*

btw this isn't edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 10.9K 87
BWWM** Seventeen year old aaliyah brown has the hands of an angel and has been gifted with a god given talent for bringing anything to life on a blan...
Sweet Moana By 🌬

Teen Fiction

296K 13.5K 43
We're both broken and torn apart. We've been through so much and we don't know where to start, but as long as we're together we don't have to travel...
1.4M 85.4K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...
94K 6.8K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...