White Sins

By Book-Aholic16

In which Ashley Gilbert is the albino twin sister to Elena Gilbert and meets the infamous Original hybrid... ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight(Senior Prank Night)
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty

Chapter Twenty

24.9K 819 105
By Book-Aholic16

"Caroline," I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed deeply. "Do you mean that you signed me up to help, or to actually be in the Pageant?"

"Uh...you're officially part of the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant!" Her voice from the speaker sounded slightly forced, like she was waiting for me to explode.

"Let me guess. You thought it unfair that I missed it last year because of an exam, and so you convinced the board to let me compete this year. Even though I aged out months ago."

Honestly, I was more annoyed than angry.

"Yes! Exactly! And you don't have to worry about a thing. I've already got you a dress and a date! Just be there at five-thirty at the Lockwood Estate." Her voice regained it's perkiness as she realized I wasn't going to get mad at her.

I sighed, again, "Fine, but don't expect me to be there any long than I have to. And please make sure my date isn't a overzealous jock please? I'd at least like to have an intelligent conversation with the guy."

"Ok then! I'll see you there!" A beep echoed through the cave, signaling the end of the call.

Discarding the phone on the table, I turned around and collapsed on my bed. Wrapping myself in blankets, I settled in for a well-deserved nap.

~~~~~

Inhaling a deep breath, I entered the room from which hairspray and perfume emitted. The chatter from the many girls died down as they noticed my presence. I waved my hand to tell them to continue with whatever they were doing.

Making my way to a private room to the side, I patiently waited for Caroline to bring my dress. She came in a moment, looking even more flustered than usual.

"Sorry Ashley. There's was a little problem with the dress April's wearing..." She continued chatting. I smiled sardonically as I recounted the conversation I'd eavesdropped in on earlier. Oh if only they knew...

Slipping on my dress, I reluctantly let Caroline put a minimal amount of makeup on.

~~~~~

Third PoV:

The overlapping sounds of many tables conversing decreased as the sound of a microphone pierced the air.

"Welcome to this season's Miss Mystic Falls." Announced Mayor Lockwood. Everyone clapped and cheered.

"We are so excited to showcase our most outstanding community leaders in the making."

She continued on with her speech as Caroline slammed glasses down on a poor bus boy's tray.

"Hey, why am I bussing your tables? I said no empty glasses."

She then preceded to let out more of her frustration on the orchestra.

"Will you guys pick up the tempo?" The blonde angrily snapped her fingers at them. "This is a pageant, not a funeral."

"And how am I doing?" Asked Klaus' voice behind her. Caroline stopped, looked at him, and sighed.

"You're... perfect." He smiled happily, knowing that he had her.

"Just so beyond annoying, I can't even look at you."

He did look fine indeed. A light gray shirt, with an even darker tie, complimented his black suit very nicely. Klaus' attention was caught over Caroline's shoulder as Tyler and Hayley walked up in the background behind her.

"They didn't waste any time, did they?" He couldn't resist commenting.

Turning her head, Caroline took notice of the two wolves.

"Let's just get today over with." She was about to waln off when her phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" She answered. "What do you mean you can't make it?!" She practically shouted at the poor device in her hands.
"You're where?! In the hospital?! Because of a lab explosion?! Listen here you little rat-"

Klaus yanked the phone out of her hands and hung up before she could insult the poor guy on the other end any further.

"Now, what was that all about, love?" He asked patiently, trying to calm her down.

"The guy I got to be Ashley's escort was involved in a lab explosion at the place where he worked. So... now she has no date and no replacement, that's just great!" Caroline shook her head in frustration.

"What do you mean Ashley's date? Didn't she compete last year?" Klaus questioned, confused.

"No! That's the point. She couldn't go last year because of a scheduling conflict with an exam. I barely convinced the council to let her b-" She trailed off as realization struck her,

"I wonder if..." She glanced at Klaus hopefully.

"Absolutley not!" He stated, catching on to her idea.

"C'mon Klaus! All you have to do is some fancy dancing, a little etiquette, and you'll be fine!" She tried convincing him.

"No. I refuse. Ashley will stab me if I even touch her." He flat-out refused.

"I'm the one that picked out her dress! I know for a fact that she can't have any knives stashed away, so there's nothing to be scared of! Please? For me?" Caroline gave him puppy-dog eyes, and like the weak-kneed simp he is, he gave in.

"Fine."

She squealed in excitement and ran off to announce the girls.

A minute later, Caroline walked up on the stage and spoke into the microphone.

"As the reigning Miss Mystic Falls, it is my honor to introduce this year's Miss Mystic Court!"

Polite calls rang out across the lawn as she preceded to call out each girl and her escort. There was a bit of a kerfuffle with April Young's escort, but it was resolved quickly with Matt stepping up to help.

"And finally, we have a last minute, but well awaited entry by Ashley Gilbert! Accompanied by Klaus Mikaelson!"

Even louder claps and cheers rang oir from the crowd, and the lady herself walked down the stairs. Spellbound silence was held as she descended. Her hair was braided in a loose ponytail, and her gray dress somehow complimented everything about her.

The necklace around her neck littered with many crystals and resembled lace. Klaus couldn't help but stare open-mouthed at her magnificence.

Ashley's PoV:

That's it. I'm going to kill Caroline. I'm going to shove a knife in her throat and watch her bleed out. Taking Klaus' arm with a fake smile, I let him lead me out to the dance floor. His eyes didn't leave me once, which made me slightly uncomfortable, but I ignored it.

Placing our hands opposite each other, the music started and we began the dance. Klaus' blue eyes met my gray and stayed that way. We danced together like we had done it a thousand times before. Gliding across the floor, we ignored our surroundings and were lost in each other.

The moment became even more real when the no-touching section part stopped, his firm hand gripped my waist and our hands joined together.

"I believe I haven't mentioned how absolutley magnificent you look." Klaus's smooth accent broke the silence between us.

"I suppose you look alright yourself." I replied back simply. Not bothering with flattery.

"Come on now love," He pulled my body unnoticeably closer to his. "Don't be like that, enjoy yourself for once. Be happy in the moment." Klaus urged, his hot breath fanning across my face.

"I would, except there's nothing really to be happy about. One, Caroline practically forced me into this. Two, I'm somehow dancing with you, no offense, by the way." I replied back reasonably.

"None taken." He responded, spinning me out and back in.

"Although I am curious as to why you said yes when Caroline asked you." I stated firmly, genuinely curious.

"Well love, it was only after she assured me that you had no knives on your person that I accepted." Klaus said cockily, a smirk on his lips.

"Oh ha, ha, ha. Very funny, you should be a comedian." I sarcastically replied.

"You know, considering all your intelligence, it's a probability that you've hidden a knife somewhere." His eyes suddenly turned mischievous, and I tilted my head at the change. "Perhaps I should search you just in case."

His hand trailed up and down my spine, leaving warm touches in it's wake.

"Klaus," I said, tight-lipped. "What are you doing?"

"Well love," He leaned his head next to my hand so that his mouth was against my ear. "I making sure that you don't have any weapons that could potentially harm me."

"You could've just asked." I lamented, ignoring the still-there touches of his hand on my back.

"Would you have told the truth?" He asked.

"Probably not," I answered nonchalantly. "But it's the thought that counts."

"You're right, of course." He straightened back up to a respectable distance between the two of us.

"Ms Gilbert," Klaus said formally. "Do have any knives on your person?"

"Absolutley not." Replying immediately, I smirked as his face contorted in confusion because my heart hadn't skipped a beat.

Before he could say anything, the song ended and the contestants stepped away from each other and to the dining tables.

"You might want to stop Caroline before she slaps Elena." I nodded towards the arguing pair. Klaus rushed off to de-escalate the situation while I sat down to eat.

~~~~~

After a while the judges finally made their decision, and told everyone to gather around.

"And now the moment you've all been waiting for. Caroline, would you do the honors?" The Mayor rhetorically asked, and she stepped up to the microphone.

"This year's Mystic Falls is..." A dramatic pause as Caroline opened the envelope. "Ashley Gilbert."

Applause shattered the air as everyone turned to look where I'm sitting. Caroline walked over and placed the tiara on my hand gently. I resisted the urge to tear it off, instead I politely smiled and waved.

But what I hadn't noticed was Klaus behind me, staring at me with a smile so genuine, it's like I was the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 8.8K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
20.9K 843 15
𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐒𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐰𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧...
956K 24.8K 37
"𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭." - in which the eldest gilbert becomes wrapped up in one of the mikaelson...
116K 3.4K 46
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...