Here To Stay | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

❝Wнαт ιғ I αм нere тo ѕтαy?❞ • • • Indiana (Indy) Wilson was left heartbroken after her father walked out... More

Author Note
Character Aesthetics
Cast
Prologue: "Don't talk to her like that."
Chapter 1: "He is going already?"
Chapter 2: "Good choice."
Chapter 3: "Damn, this looks good."
Chapter 4: "Who would've thought?"
Chapter 5: "You're one of those girls."
Chapter 6: "Oh, for the love of God. It wasn't a date!"
Chapter 7: "Yeah and Mars doesn't have a president."
Chapter 8: "Where are your pills?"
Chapter 9: "I miss you, Gwen. So much."
Chapter 10: "Reed! Off the field. Now!"
Chapter 11: "You have been looking for him all night, haven't you?"
Chapter 12: "We need to talk."
Chapter 13: "Your shirt looks nice today."
Chapter 14: "No problem, shorty."
Chapter 15: "I am scared Indy. So, fucking scared."
Chapter 16: "Oh my god! Finally!"
Chapter 17: "Can I kiss you?"
Chapter 18: "Friends?"
Chapter 19: "I was on the phone."
Chapter 20: "Still a gentlemen aren't you, Reed?"
Chapter 21: "Blushing now, aren't we?"
Chapter 22: "Are you okay?"
Chapter 23: "Is he your boyfriend or something?"
Chapter 24: "Would you like to wear my jersey?"
Chapter 25: "Don't fucking touch her."
Chapter 26: "What the hell is going on here?"
Chapter 27: "What if I am here to stay?"
Chapter 28: "My dad left a few years ago."
Chapter 29: "Be my girlfriend?"
Chapter 30: "What's going on?"
Chapter 31: "Wanna video call?"
Chapter 33: "Good things only, I hope."
Chapter 34: "I love you."
Chapter 35: "She sounds amazing."
Chapter 36: "You and my butt, I swear."
Chapter 37: "Together."
Chapter 38: "Shut up, you look at my brother the same way."
Chapter 39: "Oh my god, it's like having kids all over again."
Chapter 40: "We'll make it work."
Epilogue: "You're pregnant."
Character Interview
Bonus Chapter: "Love capacity, remember?"
Bonus chapter: "Surprise."
Bonus Chapter: "Will you marry me?"
Bonus Chapter: "I love you, Mrs Reed."

Chapter 32: "You and I both know that's not going to happen."

4.6K 106 68
By yourneighbourhoodcow

"Aus! Wake up!" I hear my dad call out and I groan slightly. I hear the distant sound of someone moving and my eyebrows furrow as I slowly open my eyes only to be met by one of the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Indy.

Right there on my phone screen is my gorgeous girlfriend who is asleep and looking as adorable as ever as she cuddled more into her blanket in her sleep.

Her hair was slightly covering one of her closed eyes and a bit of her lips and my hands itched to just go through the screen and push the strand behind her ear so that I could see her beautiful face better. Her face has this very morning-ish natural look to it, making her light freckles even more noticeable on her cheeks and her lashes look longer.

She looks fucking gorgeous is all I can say.

I take a screenshot of her before speaking.

"Indy? Babe?" The endearment escapes my lips subconsciously as I rub the sleep off my eyes. A slight mumble escapes her plump lips as her palm goes to her eye rubbing it the same way I was just a second ago.

Slowly her eyelids open revealing her hypnotising ocean blue eyes. "Aus?" She mumbles still sleepy as she looks at her own phone with furrowed eyebrows.

"You didn't hang up?" I question. Indy and I were on a call till very late and I think I fell asleep somewhere in between. After her dad showed up yesterday I know she was pretty upset and after everything, she told me she sure was shaken and I wanted nothing more to go over and just cuddle with her to make her feel somewhat better but I couldn't and I understood that.

"I thought you were gonna hang up," she mumbles cutely and a quiet chuckle leaves my lips. "You look gorgeous," I compliment as I stare at her.

She blushes, "Stop. I literally just woke up I probably look like a beast," she says and I shake my head, a fond smile on my face. "You don't, you looking beautiful," I say sincerely and a shy smile comes on her face.

"Thank you," she mumbles just as my room door opens. "Austin, get up- oh hey Indy," my dad says in surprise as his eyes land on my phone screen that is on my nightstand and being supported by my lamp.

"Hey, Jacob," Indy says shyly. "Well, both of y'all are gonna get late for school so I suggest you start getting ready and then come down for breakfast, Austin," Dad says and I nod my eyes not removing themselves from Indy.

My dad exits the room mumbling something about 'me being whipped' but I pay no mind to it as I keep my eyes on Indy, wanting to memorise just how perfect she looks in the moment.

"Aus, stop looking!" Indy whines as she pulls her covers over her head when her cheeks turn pink. "I can't help it," I say and I hear her giggle.

"We have to get ready for school," I remind her and she nods as she finally lowers the covers. "I will see you at school?" She asks me and I nod, "Duh," I mumble and she smiles. "Alright," she smiles brightly.

For seconds none of us says anything, just waiting for the other to hang up. "Hang up," I say and she shrugs slightly. "Why don't you?" She says.

I shrug back, "I don't want to," I say and she smiles more as she shakes her head at me. "Bye," she says. "Bye," I grin before she hangs up.

I then finally get up and out of bed starting my day with a huge smile on my face since it started in one of the best ways possible.

♡♡♡

I close my locker and turn only to face Britney who is standing there smiling up at me as she twirls a strand of her hair on her finger.

I roll my eyes as she leans against the locker next to mine giggling when my eyes meet hers. "What do you want?" I ask and she fucking giggles again. "You," she says with a "flirty" smile.

I roll my eyes and resist the urge to just fucking walk away. "You and I both know that's not going to happen." I deadpan and she rolls her eyes still smiling.

"I've had you once, I think I can do it again," she whispers the last part. "Britney-" She cuts me off by placing a finger on my lips and I take a step back not liking her touching me.

"Aussie, we both know you can't resist me, the same way you couldn't that night," she whispers as she starts trailing her finger down my chest. I roll my eyes and take a hold of her hand before pushing it off me.

"You and I both know that night was a fucking mistake," I say as I clench my jaw. We were both drunk as fuck and neither of us even remember that night properly.

"Austin, we were both each others first, there are feelings, I know there is but you are just playing hard to get!" She whines.

"Britney," I sigh, tired of explaining this to her every fucking time. "We were both drunk as fuck and were hurting. What happened that night, both of us know was uncalled for and wasn't suppose to happen," I explain and hurt passes through her eyes.

Britney and I had a one night sort of thing at that party I went to with Zac, it was my first ever party since I moved here and I was still grieving over my mom leaving and Gwen passing away. That night I got drunk as fuck and then Britney who was also drunk came up to me and we started talking. I ended up telling her everything about Gwen, my mom and my dad because I wasn't in the right mind and she ended up telling me everything about her cheating parents who were both cheating on each other and her mom had just left that night.

We got more drunk as time went and before we knew it one thing lead to another and we both lost our virginity to each other.

The next morning we both agreed to forget that night and accepted it was a mistake and moved on. Well I did, she on the other hand didn't.

She started having boyfriends always in an attempt to make me jealous or something I don't fucking know and she was always behind me and annoying the fuck out of me.

"Didn't that night mean anything to you? It was both our first times! And we had opened up to each other," she says teary eyes. "No it fucking didn't, I don't even remember half of that night! I wasn't in the right mind, for fucks sake both of us were drunk!" I nearly yelled causing a few people to look at us.

She scoffed as she wiped under her eyes, "This is because of that bitch Indy isn't it?" She mumbles bitterly and before I can say anything she speaks again.

"Just wait and watch what I do to her. Nothing gets in between you and me. And if they do it doesn't end well. No one takes what's mine," she spits.

"For the last time! I'm not fucking yours!" I say and she rolls her eyes. "You are and always will be," she says as she pokes her finger in my chest before she struts away.

My eyes remain on her retracing figure, my eyebrows raised up.

God, she is acting like a fucking psycho and possessive bitch.

♡♡♡

"Hi," I say as I wrap one arm around Indy's waist from behind. Her head turns back as she looks at me and smiles. "Hey there," she says cutely and I lean down and peck her on the lips before she turns her head away from me and takes out her books.

She closes her locker before turning around, holding her books to her chest. "How are you?" I ask softly as I look down at her both my hands going on her hips. Her smile widens, "I'm good, you really made me feel better last night," she says and I smile. 

"Fucking glad I did," I mumble as I kiss her forehead. She blushes, "Where were you first period? I was looking for you," she says. "I ended up reaching late and then Britney happened," I mumbled.

"Britney?" She asks and I nod with a sigh. I am still hung on to her words, I am trying so fucking hard to tell myself she won't do anything to Indy but the way she said it is making me stand on my toes and be cautious.

"Yeah, Britney," I mumble. "Aus, what happened between you and Britney?" She asks and I look down at her as I roll my bottom lip on my mouth in thought.

Just then the bell rings, I sigh knowing Indy should know what actually happened between Britney and I before Britney starts telling her shit that isn't true.

"How about I tell you after school, yeah?" I ask and she nods before the both of us start walking to class.

♡♡♡

After school, I am waiting by my bike for Indy. "Hey," Zac nods at me as he sees me. I nod back as Zac starts putting on his gear before getting on his bike which is parked next to mine.

He keeps his helmet in his hands as he looks at me. "Wanna hang out today? We can play COD or something," Zac offers with a shrug and I nod.

"Sure. My place," I say and he nods. "Who are you waiting for?" He asks. "Indy," I say and he smirks, "Of course you are," he says smugly.

"You made it official huh?" He says and I nod with a faint smile. "Yeah, I asked her when I went to her house for Thanksgiving," I mention and he smiles. "When do you plan on telling her you love her?" He says and my eyes widen. "How the fuck do you know about that?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes, "Everyone knows at this point that both of you are in love with each other. I mean have you seen the way you both look at each other with fucking heart shape eyes," he says with a scoff.

"No, I don't," I say as I rolled my eyes. "Sure," he said dragging out the 'e'. I rolled my eyes at him before I see Indy walking towards us, a smile on her face as she looked at me which made my own smile appear.

"God, you guys are so fucking cute that sometimes it makes me wanna puke," Zac says and just like that my smile falls off as I look at him with my jaw clenched. "Just shut up," I grumbled just as Indy reached us.

"Hey!" Indy smiles at both Zac and I. "Hi," Zac says with a kind smile, as I lean down and kiss Indy's forehead in greeting. "I will see you later, Aus. Bye, Indy," Zac says and Indy waves. He drives off on his bike and after he has exited the school gates I turn back to Indy.

"So, I believe we have to talk," Indy says and I nod. I lean against my bike and take a hold of her hips pulling her closer to me. Her hand goes on my chest as she blushes causing me to chuckle. "So fucking cute," I mumble as I kiss her red cheeks. 

She slaps my chest lightly, "We have important matters to talk about, so you better get serious," she says with a cute stern look. I chuckled before I fake coughed, "Yes, ma'am," I said as I made a serious face.

"Idiot," she mumbles with a smile and I almost crack a smile too. "Alright so, Britney," I start and she nods, urging me to go on. 

I sigh, "I had recently moved to New York, at the time and I had just known Zac for a few months then, I think. I was still getting over Gwen passing away and all when Zac decided to drag me to a party that night. I didn't mind, since I thought I needed something to distract me and stuff. That night I got drunk, I did exactly what my dad had done and had alcohol because in a way it did help me forget and made me free in a way if that makes sense. Britney was there that night and she was drunk too. Shit was going down in her life too, that night we bumped into each other and then somehow ended up telling each other everything. I told her about my dad, Gwen and my mom and she told me about her parents who were both cheating on each other and how her mom had left that night. We got more drunk as the night went by and one thing led to another.

That night Britney and I had a one night stand kind of thing. We were both each others... firsts. It just happened and neither of us even remember most of that night. We both agreed to forget the night and just move on and I did but I don't know about her. She has been behind my back since and she keeps changing from guy to guy expecting me to be jealous," I complete and I see Indy looking at me with slightly wide eyes. 

"I don't know what to say," She mumbles and I chuckle. "You don't have to say anything. It's all in the past I swear, it just happened once and as bad as it sounds it was a mistake and it is never gonna happen again," I say as I rub her sides.

She nods and I smile slightly. "Thank you for telling me," she says and I grin and lean down, kissing her softly on the lips. As I pull away I see Britney standing there in distance, her arms crossed over her chest as she glares in our direction with her jaw clenched. 

Subconsciously my hold on Indy tightens and I remove my eyes from her direction. "Let's get going to Macy's," Indy says and an idea goes off in my head.

"Actually, I have somewhere else in mind to go. It can be like a small date, you up for it?" I ask and her eyes shine as she nods. "Of course, where?" She asks, excitement clear in her voice. "That's for me to know and you to find out," I smirk and her smile drops. "Aus! Come on, you know I don't like surprises," She whines. 

"Do you though?" I ask knowing very well she enjoys surprises. She rolls her eyes slightly, "Fine you got me there. But at least give me a hint!" She says. 

"Well, I know for sure you will like it there," I say. She huffs, "That's all I get? Just wait till I get you back for this. The next date of ours is gonna be planned by me and I will tell you absolutely nothing about it," she says and my grin flatters a bit.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I say and she raises an eyebrow, "Really?" She asks. "Fine, maybe just a bit fair," I mumble and she hums. 

I let go of her as I start putting on my helmet and gloves, handing her the spare helmet that is now pretty much her helmet before the both of us get on the bike and off we are to the spot I have in mind.

X-X-X

(Austin Above ^^ 🥰)

Heyyy!

Me updated ekk.

So how r y'all? How's life, fill me in!

How did y'all like the chapter? So now we all knew what happened between Aus and Britney huh? Did y'all expect this or did u have something different in mind?

Where do u think Austin is taking Indy? 👀 

Anywayyy, I sat and completed a ton of things this weekend and got things done so yayy me! I also organized my phone amazingly and I am so proud of myself :)) My to-do list has gotten so much more shorter and I am so thankful for that. 

I am also very obsessed to writing chapters on my phone now, like half of this chapter I wrote on my phone rather than laptop. My screen is soooo smooth and nice now because it has gotten fixed and I cant seem to stop touching it 😝

Also, feel free to drop in ideas or whatever u would want to see happen in the book before it's over (Idk when is that) and I will try my best to add it in. It can just be like cute moments between the two or like drama or something.

I am also thinking of doing a Q&A after chapter 35.

That's pretty much it. I shall end it here.

See y'all soon.

Byee!

Love,

Your Author, Caramel <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 9.3K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
1.8M 93.9K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...
1.4M 45.3K 50
"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lig...
223K 4K 19
Meet Isabel. She gets along with most people, not super popular but she's not a wallflower either. Isabel doesn't need anyone else in her life not to...