Shattered

By nic275

A story based on the life on a young woman who falls inlove with a man that seems like the love of her life... More

Beginning of your deceit
The Blacks
Halloween
Bug eyes
Danger
Sincerely
What A Girl Wants
Surprises
Feelings
See the world for what it is
Oasis
The most wonderful time of the year
New year, new beginnings?
Tear me to pieces, skin or bone
Why
Where do you go when there's nothing left
A/N
Growing up
Loving someone
Wedding bells
Cold feet or cold heart?
Dead
I'll handle it
Coping
Magazines Do The Talking
I'm Okay
A/N
At Life's Mercy
It's Not A Mistake
Blast From The Past You Say?
Here again
Back To The Usual
Try, just try
Happily ever after? No, not yet
Something Just Had To Go Wrong
Permanent
Met Gala
Meeting You
Things I Never Said
Welcome
Oh Hear My Cry
Not Yet
City Of Love
Fun And Paparazzi
Was That Necessary
Smarter Than You Thought
All To Myself
Happy Birthday Ethan
Whose Son
Old Friends, New Emotions
Broken Glass
The Recipe
Hart's Story
Super Power
Never Let Go
Smirks And Smiles
Soraya
How Love Should Feel
Stars Are Closer
Fairy Lights And Stories
Guess I Really Am
Dinner
What?!
With You
Friends
Our Son
Guests At The Rickelle's
Dinners and Duels
Your Move
Invite Who?
People Change
Clearer
L-word
Jealous
Surprise guests
Brunch
For You
And Only You
Clinton's Luck
I Attract Pain
Trouble At The Rickelles
Gone
Faded
Playing House
Plan B
Dad Was Right
Appearances
Devil
Rock Bottom
Christmas
Letters To My Heart
Heart Strings
You're Almost There
White Bells
Forgiving And Learning
You Gotta Love It
Golden Gem
Where It Lies
Authors Note

Amusement park

688 41 0
By nic275

The halls of the schools are unusually quiet today. It's a bright and beautiful morning , the sun embraces the sky and the sky dances along.

With my Economics books in hands , I walk down to my Econ class .

"Hey." Someone says , and I jump in fright. Where did he come from?

"Dont look so scared Gemma. Just wanted to update you on what we're doing this week." Tyler says.  I give him a glare which he ignores .

"Morning Tyler." I say , trying to make him see how frightened I still am.

"Yea , yea,  morning . Everyone is going to Lake Shawnee Abandoned Amusement Park  for Halloween on Friday . You want to come?" He asks , slinging his arm around my shoulders .

"What time Tyler?" I ask him .

"I'll pick you up at six. " he says .

"Oh , sure then . I'll talk to Ally . And she'll talk to her boyfriend , then I'll get back to you." I say to him . He kisses my cheek .

"Eww , dont you have a girlfriend?" I ask his retreating back while whipping my cheek.

"Nope!" He yells over his shoulder.

I push the door to the class. The lecture has already begun , everyone turns my direction and my head habitually bows .

I sit on my usual chair the entire class , I feel someone's eyes glued to the back of my head .

When the bell rings , I grab my stuff and bolt to my English class . I am not fit for all of this .

It still feels like someone is watching me .

The moment I enter Mrs Jackson's class , I notice Ally on her usual seat .

I head to mine which is next to hers .

"Hey." I say to her , she looks up and smiles .

"Hi, did Ty tell you about the Halloween party? Colt wants to go but I told him I wouldnt go without you." She says .

"I told Ty I wouldnt go without you." I say and she nods .

That means we've agreed that we're going , it's kind of our thing .

"Ahh , Mr Goldberg.  Finally decided to attend my class." Mrs Jackson says. For some reason that name sounds familiar.

I look closer at the person at the door frame . Its Jeremy .

"Yes." He simply says .

It seems that bad mood I'd seen him in the first time we bumped into each other - literally - was just that , a bad mood.

"There's an empty seat behind Ms Summer . Ms Summer , just raise your hand so that he sees you." Mrs Jackson instructs .

I raise my palm and he walks directly to me . I dont miss the eye contant he gives me the entire way .

His eyes are stuck like glue to my face . It's when he bumps into my table that his eyes peel off me , his cheeks turn a light red that you'd only see if you're close enough to him . He walks to the desk behind me and sits .

The entire class is watching , the deafening silence in this room cause my heart to beat faster . It's as if they are all expecting something to happen . But nothing happens .

You could literally hear a cotton ball fall with how silent it is in here .

I'm surprised Ally is able to be this quiet too . Even Mrs Jackson , the most talkative teacher in the entire campus , is quiet.

I feel his eyes burning holes onto the back of my head . But I dare not turn to see this action.

"Take out your notepads." Mrs Jackson says after what feels like years.

The entire lecture , I feel his eyes drilling holes onto my skull . It's hard to ignore it because everyone keeps looking at us and murmuring .

"Okay,  when you head home be sure to study the notes that I've given you . And most importantly read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  It'll be an assignment essay which contributes sixty percent of your end of semester marks.

Alright, enjoy your day . And learners ,  class dismissed ." She says and leaves the room.

Quiet murmers hang around the room,  nobody moves and then I hear shuffling from behind me .

"Hey Gemma , see you at lunch." Jeremy says then leaves the class .

The moment his cologne is far enough from the class , learners burst into conversation.  As if there was never any pin drop silence .

"What was that?" I ask Ally , she's been miraculously quiet .

"That guy ." She says .

"Allison , I know it was that guy , I want to know what it was about that guy . " I urge her . Speaking through my teach.

"Okay , rumour has it..." she says , lowering her voice .

"Wait , since when do you listen to what naysayers have to say?" I ask her.

"Well , its because this time , I'm an eye witness . Look , people say that he's a boxer . " she says .

"Okay, what's wrong with being a boxer?" I ask, feeling very confused.

"Well , nothing is quiet wrong . Its just that he has an issue with anger , he is always angry and he beats people up.

People have seen him with bruises on his face and limps and visiting the hospital once .

He's just dangerous . I know this because I almost say him kill Colt for bumping into him one time." She says , still whispering .

"Oh " is all I manage to say .

"Yes , and there's more . People actually think that he's from juvie.  We're not sure but that's what people think .

Gemma you have to stay away from him please." She says .

"Yea, yea sure." I nod , still in shock from what I'd heard.

I mean,  a light 'he has bipolar ' would have been much better.

Instead we're talking about a possibly mentally disabled person.

"Come on , you know how professor Jenkins gets when we're late. " She says pulling me.

Our economics professor is really old and even stricter than he is old . He will throw you out of his class for coming late.

Ally and I push our legs faster .

We take our seats in the class , but luckily for us Mr Jenkins is out of the class.

"Hey , tomorrow my mom is hosting a birthday dinner for my dad . Would you like to join me?" She asks .

Before I answer her , Mr Jenkins walks into the class and greets us . He begins drawing the demographic cycle and continues to explain it to us .

After class we head straight for the seating area , not before buying two cups of coffee from a near by stall .

Colt slides to the seat next to Ally and the two begin to chat .

My phone pings , saving me from having to feel lonely watching these two.

Al : Hey there : )

Me : Hey Alyster.  How are you?

In less than a second he replies .

Al : I'm great , how are you?

Me : Could be better : (

Al : What's wrong? : (

Me : Just came from my Econ lecture , she gave us a load of work and I was hoping to catch some rest tonight . Oh , and I heard about your mom's dinner party .

Al : Sorry hun, but you only have two years left . Just hang on.

Al : About my mom's dinner party ...

I wait , thinking about what he's going to say next.  What if he asks me not to come because I make him feel uncomfortable? Oh snap this is scary .

Me : What about it?

Al : Dont go.

I freeze , its exactly what I thought would happen . Maybe I make him feel uncomfortable.

Me :  Oh , okay : (

Al : Yes .

I see this reply and I throw my phone back in my bag .

What was I even thinking , persuing my best friend's brother. It's just low of me.

My phone pings .

Al : Let's both not go , I'll tell her that I have a meeting at work and its urgent . And you'll tell Allison that you have a load of work you want to complete or that you have to go visit your parents . I dont know , you'll think of something.

Another ping sounds .

Al :  We'll go on a date.

He says again . And I swear my heart just stopped for a minute.

I stare at the text long . With a toothy grin painted on my face .

"When am I going to meet him." Ally says . My head whips up and I see hers and Colt's smiles .

A blush runs up my cheeks . I stare at the both of them , trying hard not to blush 

My mouth was about to say 'you know him , he's your brother .' But I snapped it shut .

I stare at them both . My mouth feels extremely dry , my eyes are a bit teary . And I suddenly have an urge to pee.

"Excuse me." I say , rushing fast out of the room.

I push my legs fast through the corridors. My body moving opposite to the wind .

Then suddenly I'm stopped by a big wall of muscles .

"Hey , Gemma." The deep voice says.

"Hi Jeremy ." I say then I push right past him .

I push my legs to run faster but my action goes in vain because my wrist if pulled and I fly back and land on that big wall of muscles again.

"What's the rush ?" He asks .

He's holding me onto his chest , my chin is tilted up to see him clearly . His head is bowed a bit , our lips are just a breath away from each other .

"B-bathroom." Is all I can muster .

I stare into his mesmerizing eyes . He says nothing , he dips his head and places his lips on mine .

The kiss is gentle and soft . Then he pulls back . He suddenly pushes  me back , as if I'm the one who kissed him .

Then all of a sudden he walks what ever direction he had been going.

My phone rings , I dont even look at the caller ID , I just answer .

"Hello?" I ask .

"Hey Gem , are you okay?" Alyster's deep voice asks .

Author's note

Hi everyone , I know I kept y'all waiting for the next chapter . Super sorry about that , like I said on the other book.  Just going through something. 😭

But now my attention is here . Did you enjoy the chapter? Comment your thoughts.🥺

Vote , comment and recommend 😛❤

Nic275 🧚‍♀️❤💍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 6 8
Warning: This book contains explicit sexual content, including erotic themes, detailed sexual descriptions, and scenes intended for mature audiences...
824 305 26
Just when you feel so close to someone you realize just how far you are from that person. United by fate yet living in two different worlds. Luna is...
10.1K 689 36
A Not so Typical teen love story where she loves him he doesn't , but then he falls for her and they live happily ever after!!.. Isn't that what ever...
4.4K 356 37
(POV for all characters ) The story follows a couple over the span of 10 years with soon to be mob boss Vincenzo whose suffered rejection and allowed...