Code Blue - Grey Anatomy

By AuthorN01

Dr. Ortega, head of critical care in Seattle Grace, is enormously happy her brother accepted the job opportun... More

Characters
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen

Fourteen + Trailer/summary

248 5 0
By AuthorN01

Olivia's P.O.V.

"Missed me?" I say as I make my entrance through the emergency exit as I had just been in a massive train wreck.

The emergency room is packed as there were 300 passengers on that train.

"Olivia, you are not in a state to walk," George says as he is the first one to spot me as the others are dealing with other surgeons and patients.

"Head of critical care surgery. There is no way I am missing this." I explain to him before he chuckles.

"What injuries do you have?" George asks me to make sure I will not die as I work on other patients after he sees my clothes all bloody.

Yes, I was injured but I still went and helped people on the scene as much as I could. After all, it is my job. A lot and I mean a lot of dead bodies. It was a horrible crash and everything flying everywhere. Thank god, nothing went towards me or nor did I went towards anything dangerous.

"Soft tissue damaged as I got a sprained wrist, second burn degree on my leg, and a mild concussion. I am all clear to work, I already assisted to my injuries in am ambulance." I tell him before I show him the bandage on my left wrist and my right left for the burn.

"You have to rest for a mild concussion," George says trying to have my back.

"Going to report me to Dr. Webber? I thought so. Now come on, you will be assisting me." I say before I see a smile on my face that I choose him.

I realized that Derek nor Preston ask or tell George to scrub into their surgeries so I like asking George so he can get a fair chance.

"Now, go get me my scrubs and coat, please. I will page you in which room I go to." I tell him before he nods and goes to do what I just told him to do.

As soon as he leaves, a male and a female, attached to a pole, are pushed in front of me. Now, this is why I am a surgeon. They are rolled into trauma room one in which I go attend too and I see Preston Burke and Miranda Bailey follow behind me. The nurses quickly plug everything up to the two people attached by the pole to get their vitals and hydrate them.

"Good to have you back." I hear Dr. Bailey speak up as she is behind me before I page George to let him know what room I am located in.

"Good to be back," I say before we stop right outside of the room and the EMT person comes out to give us an update.

"His B.P.'s holding steady at 90 over palp. She's had two hypotensive episodes to the lows 70s." The EMT speaks up a bit confused on who to talk to as I have my civilian clothes on but then she recognized who I am.

"You couldn't get a saw in there?" Dr. Burke asks before the ETM woman shakes her dead.

"Not without moving them." She responds.

This case will be tricky as if we move them we could be causing more damage to their organs.

"Any experience with this before Dr. Ortega?" Dr. Burke asks before I shake my head.

"Never seen anything like this in my whole career. This is a very tricky case, moving them even ¼ of an inch could dramatically change the whole case from two patients to one or maybe even known. We must take our time to review each organ and outcome but not too much for them to get an infection. C-T is the best possible test." I say responding to them.

"We would not be able to fit them in. We will be flying blind. Dr. Bailey, get X-rays and labs and page us the minute you are done." Dr. Burke says before I shake my head.

"No need to page me, I will stay by their side the whole time to see if something comes to mind," I say correcting him.

"Excuse me."  We hear a female voice say from inside the room, must be the female patient.

I make my way into the room with Dr. Burke and Dr. Bailey following behind me.

"Good evening, Dr. Ortega head of critical care surgery," I say introducing myself to the patients before I hear rumbling through the front door.

"Dr. Ortega, I have your clean clothes." I hear George say from the door.

"If you excuse me, I must change. Dr. Burke and Dr. Bailey will be assigned you to." I say excusing myself before I head to the door and George hands me my things.

I grab them and head to a closet down the hall to change extremely fast. Once I change, I leave my dirty clothes there to get them later and head back to the door.

"Olivia." I hear someone say my name behind me.

I turn around to face my brother.

"Derek."

I would probably make an excuse I would need to get back to my patients but I know Dr. Bailey asked one of the interns to take them to the x-ray room.

"Were you on that train?" Derek asks me after looking at me up and down before I nod.

"Not a good day to take the train, I guess." I joke before he chuckles.

"Are you okay? Do you need to run any tests?" He asks me before I shake my head.

"There are worst people at there. I have two patients stuck together through a pole." I say before he looks at me surprised.

"You did not get that in New York?" He asks me before I shake my head.

"I would have stayed longer than a week if all my 30 cases were like that. They were mostly busywork."

"I have to scrub the OR. I need to talk to you afterward." Derek tells me as he is in a hurry.

"Sounds important, just page me or something," I tell him before he heads towards the OR and I make my way to the emergency room before the intern gets the X-ray and tests done.

I make my way to the emergency room to see Alex doing stitches.

Fun.

"Olivia, we need to talk later," Alex says out loud in front of the patients as he spots me.

"I guess everyone needs to talk." I chuckle at Alex before I roll my eyes, if he only knew I already got told.

"Are you hurt?" I hear Alex ask me as he continues to stitch up a woman on the forehead.

"I'm fine. I have patients to get too." I say before my eyesight begins to fade.

This is not good.

"Alex. Alex. Alex." I yell in a hurry as I am unable to hear or see.

Soon enough I feel someone wrap their hands around me before I quickly lose consciousness.

~~

I slowly open my eyes to find Derek sitting next to me holding my right hand.

God, this headache is horrible.

"I'm not dying," I tell him before he looks at me.

"Olivia, you said you were okay," Derek says sadly.

Honestly, I think this is the saddest thing I have ever seen. Derek was not this sad when Addison cheated on him. Like this is the saddest I have ever seen him. It just hurts to see him hurt and there is nothing I can do about it.

"Why did you lie?" He asks me concerned about why I did not tell anyone I had internal bleeding.

"I would not be able to help out the people in need."

"Your first job is to make sure you are healthy and then help others." He says sounding disappointed in me.

"It is not that easy. I can not just sit there and see others suffering knowing I could help myself. Changing topics, what did you want to talk about that sounded so urgent?"

"That is not important right now."

"If it is important to you then it is important to me. What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Addison is staying and I am giving it another chance." He says before I reach up and slap him or try to because he stops me.

"Are you fucking dumb? You are letting go of a woman who loves you for a woman who cheated on you with your best friend." I basically yell at him before he shakes his head.

"Please, you are my sister, just be on my side for this once." He says about to cry before I shake my head at him.

"Derek, I am on your side but I want you to be happy and I know she can not give you that," I say before he nods.

"But if you want to give it another try, I will be by your side through it all." I continue to speak as I know this is what he needs to hear right now.

"Can you get me some dihydroergotamine? This headache is killing me." I ask him before he nods and gets up to get me.

They did not change me to these ugly hospital gowns. No offense as it is my hospital after all.

As Derek leaves my room, I see Alex make his way inside.

"Falling for me, I see." Alex jokes before I roll my eyes.

"Should have fainted when George was around then," I say before he chuckles and makes his way to sit on my bed and face me.

"You heard?" He asks me before I nod.

"I have no idea what I was thinking when I asked her out," Alex speaks up after a couple of seconds of silence.

"First date you actually showed up on time. Means you wanted to be there."

"That is not fair."

"Not fair? Never did you show up on time for any of our dates."

"I had my reasons."

"Which where?" I  am honestly very curious.

"Jack."

"Jack has nothing to do with this."

"He does. Before I left the hospital to go get ready to go get you he came up to me. He basically went on how you deserve someone better than me and how I am of less value." He says which honestly takes a lot of guts as Alex does not try to show behind his walls.

"Fuck what he says. If he is right or wrong, I make the pick not him. After all, he is the one that keeps trying to get into my pants and I let him but that is not the point at the moment. The point is that you went out with Izzy."

"I did not give her a good night kiss if it makes you feel any better."

"It does not."

"What else do you expect me to do?" Alex asks me before I shake my head.

"I do not know. Is this even worth saving?" I ask him before he nods.

"When you fell in my arms all I could think was how much I fucked up with you and how I do not want to lose you," Alex tells me before he puts his hand on my cheek.

"It is our turn to talk. Leave, Devil Spawn." I hear Christina say from the door as she interrupts Alex and me.

Alex lets go of my cheek before he gets up and leaves.

"Thanks for interrupting my romantic time with Alex," I say sarcastically as Meredith and Christina walk into my room and sit on my bed.

"I am dating Preston," Christina whispers loud enough for me to hear before I look at her surprise.

"That is amazing, I am glad. Preston is a great guy." I tell her before she nods.

"Unlike Alex," Christina comments before I shake my head.

"He is a great guy to me."

"Not sure with all the ditching, cheating, and Izzying," Christina says before I chuckle.

"There are a couple of downs. Meredith, Derek told me what he chooses. Are you okay?" I ask her wanting to know if she is good as I know how much she likes my brother.

"Apart from telling him to pick me, choose me, love me then all good." She says before I look at her surprise.

"You said what!" I exclaim before she nods.

"Honestly, as a friend and as a human being he is making a horrible decision." 

My brother can be dumb sometimes.

"Now, how was New York?" Meredith says trying to change topics before I smile remembering the time I had.

"Great cases I see," Meredith says before I nod, more like a great guy but okay.

"It was a learning experience, I will say that."

"Who was that guy who kept being in your background noise?" Christina asks me as Mark always interrupted me when I was on the phone with her.

"Just an old friend," I say not lying at all.

"Old fling?"

"I wish. He is too much of a fuck boy to settle down with." I say speaking about Mark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 27.7K 156
Fresh from a divorce from Plastic Surgeon Mark Sloan, Sky Rivers finds a new start at Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital. But the past eventually catche...
125K 2.5K 74
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙜𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪�...
101K 2.4K 74
Danica Rose Millers has gone through hell on earth. She starts her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital and meets people who will change her life for...
26.1K 704 22
"You were like coming up for fresh air. It was like I was drowning and you saved me." ~Derek Shepherd Melissa Gordon is a surgical intern at Seattle...