𝘿𝙖𝙢𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙠! ⏱ ᴮᵒᵇᵒ...

By -MUNCHKINNIE

❝Because of you, this stupid prophecy got me under a damned mask!❞ → Betrayed, accused and blamed, ... More

「Prologue」
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
▪︎ S. Chapter I
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
▪︎ S. Chapter II
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
DISCORD SERVER
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI

XXII

1.8K 133 127
By -MUNCHKINNIE

Chapter XXII: Glitch

════════ ××× ════════

TROTTING THEIR WAY PASS leafless bushes, the whole group was surely beat from the Caecus and their journey even took them hours to walk to the destination where the Centaurs resides which they were still doing. Everyone was very exhausted and this slowed down their pace and was nowhere close to their energy when they arrived in Planet Terra. A sound of cry erupted from Gopal as he slouched and raised his head up in an irritated manner. As he continued his tearless sob, he was shot various of annoyed looks coming from his companions.

"Can you not?" Fang commented at the Indian boy with a blank look displayed on his face. "Yeah, can it Gopal. It's annoying," Ying piped in with a sigh. "No offense but, it's making my ears hurt," Boboiboy complained with a deadpan. "I'm sorry. But, it's my only way of releasing stress, I'm so tired and exhausted it's the only thing I can do rather than complain," Gopal responded with a tone that was similar to saying 'For your information.' The three sneered at the molecular manipulator's comment.

"Yeah, like we don't know that," Fang clicked his tounge in annoyance. "We are literally as tired as you, did you ever hear us release those weird cries?" Ying rolled her eyes as Gopal gave her a look. "Exactly," Fang agreed with Ying's statement as he gave Gopal a look that showed victory. "There they go again," Ochobot sighed, done with their constant argument. Captain Papa was riding at Cosmo's back since he was getting tired, he was preventing himself from falling asleep too.

Which he was completely failing at.

Yaya used her powers to lift up the very big bag that Captain Papa was carrying earlier for him to properly rest on the pegasus' back. "Hey, F/n, how much longer until we get to the Centaurs and the artefact?" Boboiboy curiously turned his head to the elf who was leading them at the moment. "I am not sure but, it seems like we have a long way to go for us to arrive at our destination. We might need to find an area to stay soon to continue our journey the next dauna," Y/n turned to the elemental hero and this made Boboiboy sigh in defeat.

"Really? If that's the case then we'll have to search a place for us to camp then," Boboiboy nodded his head as he finally decided what to do next. "Hmm, yeah whatever. If we get to rest and eat a bountiful feast then my day is complete," Gopal chirped blissfully, sparkles began surrounding him; various of flavourful fantasies about numerous delicacies invaded his head. He earned bewildered stares to which went unnoticed by him since he was too engrossed in his daydream. "Bountiful feast?" Ying repeated in absolute confusion.

"What is he on about?" Fang added with a blank expression. "Beats me," Boboiboy shrugged his shoulders, turning to continue and catch up with Y/n who was already walking way ahead of them nonchalantly. The others caught up to the elf whilst Gopal was at the very back, too occupied with his food fantasy. "So which way do we go?" Cosmo started with a sleeping Captain Papa Zola from behind him. "Hmm.. this place is way different than the other ones, the ground isn't that dusty anymore but, something isn't right," Ochobot started as he scanned the place that they were in.

"Yeah, now that you've said it, the ground feels weird to step on," Yaya replied as she started flying, not wanting to stay on the ground for any longer. "It's sandy and slightly wet," Fang cringed as he tried to step away from the area, unfortunately, mostly everything in that place were muddy. "This is rather adherent, it looks like it have not rained for while but why is this area filled with tenacious sand?" Y/n questioned out of nowhere which caught everyone's attention.

"Unless..."

"Oh Eros, Gopal, stop!" She commanded, gesturing with her hand to make the Indian boy stop on his tracks midway towards them. Gopal froze and flinched, the molecular hero's eyes travelled its way towards his feet. Adrenaline was released from his bloodstream, his heart quickening its pace as he began shaking involuntary on his spot. "What!?" Ying and Yaya both yelled in confusion as everyone turned to Y/n for an explanation. "Quicksand, were in an area where quicksand is mostly found," Y/n elaborated with seriousness.

"Quicksand!?" Fang, Gopal, Boboiboy and Cosmo repeated in shock, startling a sleeping Captain Papa Zola who soon bolted awake. "Woah, what huh?" The captain let out subconsciously with half-lidded eyes, he was clearly not fully awake yet. "Yes, it all make sense. This area is indeed filled with muddy and sandy ground, therefore a place where quicksand is usually found at. Good job, F/n," Ochobot praised the elf to which she nodded her head at. "Quit doing nothing and help me!" Gopal cried as he began sinking.

"Stop, panicking! It'll only make things worse!" Ying scolded the boy, as Yaya flew above the him and began pulling him up with all of her strength. The gravitational hero managed to get Gopal out of the quicksand and settled him down safely together with his other companions. A sigh escaped his lips as he dramatically held his chest. "Phew, that was close. I could've have been suffocating from the quicksand by now, thanks Yaya," Gopal let out in relief as Yaya nodded her head in responce. "Stick around us, Gopal. Thinking about food at the moment isn't a big help, now look what happened," Ochobot lectured the boy who nodded his head in defeat.

"Yes, I'm sorry," Gopal scratched his head sheepishly.

"Come on, cheer up, Gopal. We're just searching for a place to camp for the night, we can think about the food that we brought there," Boboiboy reassured, hoping for his best friend to lighten up his mood. "Hmmm, okay then. Let's go! The faster we find one─the sooner we'll get to eat," Gopal placed an arm over the elemental hero's shoulder.

════════ ××× ════════

"Wahh, what a dinner," Gopal marveled happily as he leaned against a log that was meant to be a sit upon. Everyone had found an area for them to stay for the night and set up a camp. It was at the end of the dessert-like biome and is a completely different environment in contrast to the place they landed earlier. Trees have surrounded the said area, multiples of bushes everywhere and large mountains were present too. In short, they are on a wide valley. The sky was dark, the stars were twinkling brightly as it brightened the dark sky of pitch black.

The clouds weren't present and everything from the sky was displayed beauteously. It was a nice night indeed. The Indian boy shifted comfortably in satisfaction, trying to find the position he is deeply contented on. In front of him was a quite heated bonfire, the effulgent flames illuminated the nearby area as it was the only source of light available. Boboiboy fueled the fire more before he settled himself to easefully sit on the top of an another log. A small grin made its way towards his face as he turned to Gopal, agreeing with the statement.

"Yeah, that was great. After the long journey, the food tasted better than it was supposed to be," Boboiboy spoke as he let out a relieved sigh. His eyes drifted to the tent they had set up earlier for an exhausted and sleepy Captain Papa Zola. Cosmo had volunteered to guard the outside of the tent for the said captain, the two were surely getting along with each other quite well. "Hey, mind if we join?" Yaya questioned as Ying followed her from behind. "No, not at all," Boboiboy shook his head at the two. The two girls sat from the other side of the bonfire, across from him and Gopal.

"We haven't experienced a mission as tiring as this before, it feels like all of my body parts hurt," Boboiboy started with a groan, caressing his neck; trying to ease the pain. "I agree, the worse thing is that we only have a limited time for us to rest. This mission is grueling," Gopal agreed with his best friend. "You guys are right, this mission is so new. After completing a mission, we immediately go to an another one. As tiring as it is, it's one of the most important missions that we have," Ying chimed in as she pulled her legs up to her face.

"Don't worry guys, we'll definitely succeed! After that, maybe we can ask Commander to go back home for a break. Our hard work will pay off," Yaya tried to lighten the mood up. "Yeah, together, we'll do it. But, for now, I can't help but think of how tired I am. I really want to rest at least for a while, not only for myself though, for you guys too," Boboiboy replied, as he slouched his shoulders down with a tired look on his face. Ying, Yaya and Gopal looked at the boy in sympathy, he was probably the most exhausted one out of all of them.

"But, yeah, it's not good to think that way. I should push all of this away, we still have more important things to do and that is saving Glamoura," Boboiboy shifted the topic, trying to get rid of the gloomy and tired mood that he had. He was trying his best and that pained them. There must be something that can help him lift his spirits up, something to look up and take motivation to. He lacked that but, they'll help him find that. That's for sure.

"Oh! F/n, where were you heading to?" Yaya turned to see a certain elf making her way towards them. This earned everyone near the campfire's attention. The elf walked closer to them as she sat beside Yaya before responding to the question she was given. "I was just having a nice walk when I saw you all sitting around the campfire. In result, I have decided to join, if you do not mind that is?" Y/n answered, shifting comfortably on the log. "No, we don't mind at all, you can sit with us," Ying smiled at the elf who nodded her head in appreciation.

"Advanced apologies for prying but, I was just curious─what were you talking about?" Y/n asked the Earthlings. "Oh, you don't have to apologise. But, we're just talking about the mission, is all," Boboiboy waved a hand, telling her that it was all fine. "You have concerns with the mission? If so, I do not mind enlightening and helping you all," Y/n responded to which everyone shook their heads at, knowing that she had misunderstood what Boboiboy was talking about. "Not like that, it's more like a personal issue," The elemental hero clarified nervously.

"Personal?" Y/n repeated as she tilted her head in confusion. "Yeah, being a hero is fun, we get to save a lot of people who are still worthy of living but, sometimes it's just..." Boboiboy trailed off as he began to wander within his thoughts. "Exhausting?" Y/n questioned him, finally getting into the topic. "Yes... that," Boboiboy confirmed as he gave the elf a sad smile. The elf studied his expression as she analysed what she had heard from the said boy. She understood their struggle, she understood their personal issues.

It wasn't easy and they had to go through so many things before granting the good causes that will save the lives of everyone. They had to sacrifice so many things, they had to sacrifice their time, their fun, theirselves, just to save lives.

And that is astonishing.

For Y/n, that is incredibly amazing.

"I get what you are on about," Y/n began, earning everyone's attention in result. "You do?" Boboiboy blinked his eyes. The elf nodded her head and turned her head towards the bonfire in front of them. Ying and Yaya smiled warmly at the elf, ecstatic that the elf understand their struggles. Gopal stayed silent as he waited for Y/n to speak once again. "All of you had to sacrifice everything that you have, those precious moments that could've been spent just like a normal teenager and yet, you decided to pick these decisions. You all are selfless," Y/n began.

"That is amazing. You all are. You could have been living your normal lives by now without any danger and life-threatening problems─but, you didn't. You are all inspiring and please continue being like that. All of you are heroic and kind-hearted that shall serve as a good role model to everyone. To me. I understand everything and I hope that will help you all find a reasonable purpose and why should all of you be motivated," Y/n continued as she thought of the moments when she was still at Lluminaria.

'I could have been that person but, I was too caught up with the death of my parents. I regret not being that kind of elf. Maybe if I was like that I would have not been suspected as a traitor. But, then again, I would have not met you all if none of that happened,' Y/n thought to herself with a frown. "Please continue being like that. You are the only cre─ 'people' in your term rather, who can stand as aspiring young heroes," Y/n finished her motivational speech, silently hoping that it might help them find something to look forward to without minding the blood, sweat and tears they have shed throughout their whole hero life.

The group was moved at the elf's short non-verbal ramble, it wasn't as emotional as someone would think since it came in a written way yet, it surely managed to capture everyone's hearts at least. "Awww, F/n, that's so nice," Yaya responded with a huge grin on her face. "Yeah, that was so heart warming," Ying beamed as she placed her chin on her kneecaps. "F/n, bro, you're good at this kind of speeches. Maybe you should talk like that more, so that you'll talk longer─ow!" Gopal encouraged but, was earned a smack from Ying.

"Really? You know F/n, you're a good person or elf in your term or whatever it's a headache. Your attempt of cheering us up is working, your words were loud and clear. Thanks for that," Boboiboy sheepishly commented, stunned at the elf's motivational words. The elemental hero shifted on his spot as he let out another sigh. "Maybe everything will indeed make us regret nothing in the end. We just need to accept it, maybe that'll make things much easier, yeah?" The elemental hero wondered as he placed both of his hands at the back of his head in a nonchalant manner.

"It's better to have positive thoughts, this way everything will─" Boboiboy suddenly paused on his words which cautiously alarmed everyone around the campfire. "Hey, Boboiboy, is there something wrong?" Ying questioned in concern, tensing on her spot with her orbs not leaving the boy's figure. The element manipulator just stared at his power watch with both of his eyes squinting in absolute suspicion as if something happened to it. "I... I don't know, it suddenly─" He stopped mid-way on his words once something had happened again.

This time, everyone noticed what was happening all of a sudden. Boboiboy's power watch screen began glitching endlessly, it released weird glitching sounds. It glowed brightly, illuminating both him and Gopal's face as they worriedly watch it do things that are quite bizarre. The elemental hero felt his stomach churn as he suddenly felt a slight déjà vu from the whole situation that he is currently witnessing. Things will surely won't end well. There is definitely something wrong.

"What's happening!?" Ying panicked as Yaya, Y/n and her stood cautiously, feeling tensed than before. "I-i don't know!" Boboiboy responded as he stood abruptly, not knowing what to do which was soon followed by a slightly scared Gopal. Boboiboy tried to tap his way out of this problem, messing with his power watch in attempt to stop the glitching. "It won't stop─wait, oh no," the panicked elemental hero froze and immediately back away from them. Everyone felt their hearts drop as soon as those words left Boboiboy's lips.

Multiple light particles began surrounding Boboiboy's power watch, sucking them all in at once. Everything illuminated the area, much more brighter than the bonfire that was in front of them. His power watch was switching elemental symbols in a rapid pace to the point no one would know what elemental symbol was displayed on screen and sparks began appearing.

Boboiboy glowed suddenly and in a flash, he transformed out of nowhere. Wearing a greyish-blue jacket with white and neon blue linings over a grey shirt with similar linings and accents as the jacket hood was put on his head, it had white fur-like design on the edges. His jacket reached over to his wrist ending with a blue folds, he had darker blue trousers with his signature bright linings. Around his shirt's waist, he had a belt on and on top of his head he had a teal blue cap with a certain symbol.

The cap nearly covered his face but, his cyan blue eyes were still visible from under. His gaze was blank, showing no hint of emotion. His lips weren't rested with a smile nor a frown, he was just neutral but, he was clearly Boboiboy just in an another form. Y/n didn't recognise this element at all, it was her first time seeing this elemental side of him. Basing from his look, he looked calm and rather relaxed for some reason. Or was it just his normal expression?

"Ehhhh!? BOBOIBOY ICE!?" Ying, Yaya and Gopal soon yelled simultaneously which made Y/n flinch because of their loudness. "But how!? You didn't even try to transform!" Gopal shrieked in absolute confusion earning nods of agreement coming from the 3 female. Boboiboy Ice stared at Gopal for a while as he tried to process what was happening. "I don't even know what's going on either, don't ask me," The ice element responded with a relaxed shrug. Y/n raised an eyebrow at Boboiboy Ice's behaviour to which she wasn't used to.

'This is his ice element? The secon-tier to his water elemental power?' The elf wondered.

"Hey! What's going on? We saw a bright light coming from here so─oh," Fang intervened from who knows where with a certain yellow power sphera following him from behind. "Eh? Did something happened? Why did you transform?" Fang questioned again as both him and Ochobot made their way towards everyone from in front the bonfire. "Well, we didn't know what happened exactly. First thing Boboiboy's power watch was glitching and suddenly he transformed out of nowhere," Yaya explained to the confused shadow manipulator.

"Glitching?" Ochobot questioned as he flew to Boboiboy in curiosity. "Huh-uh and that wasn't even intentional, I swear," the ice element chimed in, his bright cyan blue eyes darted towards Ochobot as he crossed the part where his heart was located at. "Yeah, we didn't hear him say 'Elemental Power' or whatever, we didn't get to continue our conversation too," Gopal added. Ochobot spoke no words and began scanning Boboiboy Ice and his power watch, trying to find the reason why this was happening.

Blue light suddenly appeared, scanning Boboiboy Ice from top to bottom countless of times. That went for a while before Ochobot stopped, earning stares from everyone, hoping to get an answer for why this occurred out of a sudden. "So? What's wrong?" Ying asked the yellow power sphera. "Surprisingly, nothing is actually wrong with your power watch. You mentioned it kept glitching; nevertheless, it's completely fine as it is," Ochobot spoke which earned even more confused stares from everyone. "Hah!?" Gopal, Ying and Fang chorused loudly. "What? Are you serious?" Boboiboy Ice questioned in bewilderment.

"Yeah but, I wasn't even done talking," Ochobot deadpanned at everyone. Gopal, Ying, Fang and Boboiboy Ice sheepishly murmured their respective apologies. "There's nothing wrong with your power watch although I can't say the same to your powers," Ochobot pointed out which earned various of reactions from everyone. "My powers?" The ice element repeated with a dazed blink. "Your powers are somewhat unstable at the moment although the reason is unknown," Ochobot told them his findings from the scanning. "What do you mean unknown? You found nothing in connection to it?" Yaya questioned.

"Unfortunately," Ochobot responded. The power sphera should've known the reason by now since he was the one who gave it to Boboiboy although he wasn't the original power sphera who owned it. There is a secret to his powers that even himself doesn't know, they need to solve it somehow. "You've mentioned there was something wrong with his powers, yes?" Y/n started as she finally had the courage to talk after having a debate with herself. "Well, yeah, it's the only thing that I don't know of. These elemental powers weren't exactly owned by myself to begin with, they belonged to another power spheras actually so I can't dig a further dive into it," Ochobot turned to the elf who started to think.

'Not his? That makes everything more complicated that it was, did it somehow belong to one of the elemental power sphera Lluminaria used to have?' Y/n thought to herself in wonder. "Can you try and go back to your original form?" She suddenly turned to the ice element who looked at her with tired-looking cyan eyes. "Sure, I guess," he agreed without a problem. Everyone watched in anticipation as he closed his eyes, trying to get back to his original form. But, he wasn't able to do that since he was still on his ice elemental form. "Well, looks like I can't, no matter how many times I try," Boboiboy Ice spoke out honestly.

"Can you somehow still control your powers?" Y/n added another question. Although Boboiboy Ice was perplexed at her request he just nodded his head and shrugged nonchalantly soon after. The said elemental hero gently touched the ground with his blue coloured hand, as it made contact with the ground slowly, it turned into freezing ice. Everyone tensed since the ground changed so that means they were no longer standing on a rocky ground anymore. Boboiboy Ice stood back up and placed his hands inside his pockets in a calm and laid-back way before giving Y/n a small tired smile with half-lidded and sleepy-looking eyes.

"Seems like I still can, worried I might lose control of it soon?" He tilted his head at her, still having a tired smile plastered on his face. "Hey! Boboiboy! You could've tried an another way and not turn the ground that we're standing on into ice!" Gopal complained as he struggled to balance himself on the ice, not wanting to slip. "Yeah! You even destroyed the bonfire!" Ying added to Gopal's complaint. Boboiboy Ice just scratched his cheek with a sheepish smile plastered on his visage. "Whoops, sorry about that," the ice element chuckled.

"You could've just summoned something instead," Fang rolled his eyes. "Nah, that'll be a lot of work, I'm too exhausted for that," Boboiboy Ice shrugged his shoulders with a look that says that he doesn't care. "We're not going to deal with your laziness again, turn it back to normal!" Ying demanded with a glare. "No can do, you see─it doesn't work like that," Boboiboy Ice argued, his calm demeanour not even trying to change just for a tad bit. "Doesn't work like that? You can turn things to ice and can't turn them back again? That's lame," Gopal intervened with blank expression.

"I don't have molecular powers like you, Gopal," Boboiboy Ice deadpanned at the Indian boy. "I have a conclusion," Y/n started out of nowhere, earning everyone's attention. "Please share it with us," Yaya nodded her head at the elf. "Not only his powers are unstable, I have a feeling that the Water Gem is infected just recently─therefore, the reason why his power had a problem that led him into transforming into this form," Y/n started. "Recently infected!?" Everyone exclaimed in unison, leaning closer to the said elf.

"Yes, the other artefacts that are infected only had loss of control as an effect to Boboiboy's powers. But, this time it seems like this is new and he can still control it, the only problem is that he can't go back whenever he wants to. I have theories that he might return back soon but, his power will do it on its own. Plus, Boboiboy was so caught up with his tired state earlier, that must have been the trigger for it. He wanted to relax for a while thus, transforming into Boboiboy Ice against his own will," she elaborated.

"Boboiboy did get caught up with his emotions the past few days but it didn't led to something like this, because those emotions that he had was connected to each element that he has and those artafects were infected already and had different effecfs. We all know his elemental powers are somewhat connected to the artefacts. When he got angry during the fight with Pamola he was still able to use Boboiboy Blaze, why? Because the Fire Artefact must have been infected already. Therefore my conclusion states that, newly infected artefacts will give an impact to Boboiboy but not all of it. Artefacts that are already infected will make him lose the control of his powers while newly infected ones will make him lose the control to transform," Y/n explained like it was no problem and everyone else could only jaw drop at her explanation.

"What?" Everyone said in disbelief which caused for the elf wo give them a blank look.

"This is just an effect from a newly infected gem, an artefact that has been already infected will make him lose his powers while in our case right now, he will temporarily lose his power to transform and transform back," Y/n clarified to which everyone nodded their heads slowly, their mouths turning into an 'o' once they understood what she was on about. "Wait so, newly infected gems' effect will only be like this and is triggered by intense emotions? Just like when Boboiboy was talking about how tired he was?" Yaya questioned, earning a nod from the elf.

"Yes, I will assume that once we arrive at Planet Agua, he will start experiencing the loss of control of his ice powers. He will go back to normal but we do not know when is that, hopefully soon," Y/n stated as Boboiboy Ice looked at her dead serious with his eyes. "I believe you," he blurted out, earning everyone's attention all of a sudden due to his sudden statement. "I'll always believe your conclusions no matter how complicated it might be, you've always been right. There's no way I'm backing down," he continued with a blank expression, his captivating cyan blue eyes not moving away from her figure.

"F/n, I'll give you all my trust."

Y/n's eyes widened at the boy's confession, never once experiencing something like this.

'No one has trusted me that much before.'

════════ ××× ════════

A/n: So, I've decided to give Boboiboy Ice a screen time since he's practically the only one who hasn't appeared in this book before this chapter. Every elemental side of Boboiboy deserves screen time so I shall give you this.

Disclaimer: The illustrations and pictures above aren't mine. They belong to their original artists.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 643 47
This is a continuous series of Boboiboy Galaxy -Dark secrets and I already posted previous chapters on Wattpad . This is a story of Boboiboy and his...
3.4K 99 17
A few crossovers and cute short stories that could help you cover your time. It's all for fun. I hope you all enjoy!
8.4K 169 45
Just random posts, small notes, one shots, pictures, short stories, news all about Boboiboy. No need to vote its just a useless book. (CLOSED BOOK)
11K 318 24
AU name: Boboiboy Universe Guardian ⚠Disclaimer⚠~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ⚠Boboiboy Galaxy belongs to Monsta⚠ But AU belongs to me ~~~~~~~...