A Violent Love - Werewolf/Vam...

By sushioverboys

#1 in Vampire 18.7.2015 "Stay." He commanded. Arabella's lips quivered, she blinked furiously trying to hold... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Nathaniel
Chapter 2 - Arabella
Chapter 3 - The meeting
Chapter 4 - Benjamin
Chapter 5 - A Meal
Chapter 7 - Unwelcomed
Chapter 8 - Hurt
Chapter 9 - First Kiss
Chapter 10 - Flirting
Chapter 11 - War Talk
Chapter 12 - Paris
Chapter 13 - Bon Voyage
Chapter 14 - One day
Chapter 15 - Emergence
Chapter 16 - Secrets
Chapter 17 - The Truth Stings
Chapter 18 - Cliff Hanger
Chapter 19 - Mystery
Chapter 20 - Apologies
Chapter 22 - No good
Chapter 23 - Shatter
Chapter 24 - Take Care
Chapter 25 - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Chapter 26 - Run Baby Run
Chapter 27 - Safe House
Chapter 28 - Gods & Monsters
Chapter 29 - Found
Chapter 30 - Bite
Chapter 31 - Partners
Chapter 32 - Bargain
Chapter 33 - Forget Me
Chapter 34 - Goodbye
Chapter 35 - Like The First Time
Chapter 36 - Camping (RC)
Chapter 37 - Haven
Chapter 38 - Please Stay

Chapter 21 - The Escape Plan

99.2K 3.5K 1K
By sushioverboys

Arabella's POV

I didn't understand how he could act like this. Was this his way of rejecting me as a mate?

I feel pathetic for feeling this way, this wasn't what I imagined love to feel like. I never expected finding my mate to be this miserable. 

My wolf whimpered inside me, she has refused to talk for days. I am not sure how long I can go on for before i break. I have not seen my family for months, neither have I heard any news from them. I hope Faye is doing well with her mate, Nathaniel had promised me that he would keep them safe. 

Nathaniel hasn't been the same after that day. Our conversations are cold and adrupt, we sleep on far ends of the same bed. I couldn't keep waiting on him, I had to leave and find my family. At least I would have them, things could go back to the way they were.

I had already been plotting my escape. The castle is designed to be impenetrable from the outside, but from the inside there are many ways to get out. During my walks with Benjamin, I noticed that there are less guards at the south wing of the palace. That is where all the servants stay, I could disguise myself as one of them. The south entrance leads away from the town and into the forest, which was ideal. Now I just needed to find the right opportunity to leave, the timing was everything.

I didn't know exactly how far out Black Crescent and the pack house is from here. I could only estimate about a 3 day journey, from the last time I saw my father's map of the Kingdom. I vaguely remembered seeing the location of the castle East of home. 

My hands were tingling in anticipation and excitement, the more i planned, the more determined I was to get home. I needed to see all the familiar faces of my friends and family, to be in the warmth of their love and away from this icy castle. 

"Knock knock" Benjamin poked his head around the door of the bedroom, grinning a child on christmas morning.

"Hey you," I said with a smile. "You ready?"

"Always am." He replied confidently.

"Give me a minute," I grabbed a pair of comfortable boots, slipping them on. Benjamin was taking me horse riding today. I had learnt to ride a horse as a child, but it's been a long time since i've been on one. 

We walked towards the palace stables, keeping a light conversation. Benjamin told me about his plans to visit Germany soon, he was supposed to attend a meeting as a diplomat. But he seemed more excited about visiting its museums.

I would be sad to leave Benjamin behind. He has been a very dear friend who I have come to love very much. I looked at him, he was practically glowing under the sunlight. His golden hair seemed to reflect a halo. He really did seem like an angel in this castle. He is one of the only people, or perhaps the only vampire who has shown me such kindness unconditionally. I didn't know if I could trust him with my plans to leave the castle just yet. I wondered if he even knew I was a werewolf since most of the other vampires in the castle could not tell.

After a fifteen minute walk, we reached the stables. Benjamin guided me through it, allowing me to have a pick from the range of magnificent creatures. A black beauty caught my eye, she was fully black apart from a little patch of white on the centre of her head. She was average sized, but comparing to the other horses she was one of the smallest. Benjamin had his own horse, which was named Zeus. 

We rode fast for about an hour, out of the castle grounds. I hoped that we would ride through the woods, but we went another direction instead. Still, I tried to remember as much as I could take in, it might help me when I plan to escape anyway. It felt good to be able to go out of the castle, for a second, it felt like I was free again. 

We had rode past a couple of small towns and farms, and were approaching a more deserted area. It was beautiful. There were lavendar pastures as well as rows of tulips. 

"Where is this place?" I asked in awe.

"My secret hideout. I ride out here when I want to get away for awhile." Benjamin said contentedly.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I needed this."

We rode in silence for a couple of minutes before Benjamin asked, "Are you happy, Ara?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you happy in the castle?" He asked, turning to look me in the eye.

"Sometimes," 

He didn't say anything about my response, instead he dismounted and motioned me to do the same. He brought the two horses off the road and into the pasture of lush green grass where he let them rest.

Then he walked over to me, taking me by the hand. I felt guilty for even holding his hand, but I didn't shrug him off and followed him silently instead. The green pasture rolled out into another field of big, tall sunflowers. It was beautiful. I've never seen a sunflower field before, only pictures of them. We don't have any sunflowers near Black Crescent. 

Benjamin led me through the rows of sunflowers cautiously, brushing away any branches of leaves that came in the way. His hand was large but soft, his skin felt like velvet. 

"Where are we going Benjamin?" 

He didn't respond. 

"Benjamin?" I asked curiously, wondering if he had not heard me.

He turned around adruptly, still holding my hand. His eyes were a wild shade of blue, the colour of great oceans my father had shown me. His usual "i could care less" expression was replaced with that of an intensity of storms. I had never regarded Benjamin as threatening, but right now his eyes looked dangerous as though he was running away, or after something. 

"Are you alright?" I asked him softly, looking around to see what he was so alarmed about.

He opened his mouth to speak, hesistating a moment before he spoke. 

"Ara, do you want to run away with me?"

__________________________________________________________________

Benjamin's POV 

I still remember the day I found this sunflower field, like golden treasure in the middle of nothing. I told myself I'd never share it with anyone, vampires and humans alike destroy anything beautiful they stumble upon. I wanted to keep this field my secret, until I had the right one to show it to.

I knew she wasn't happy in the castle. I could see it. I'm sure anyone could. Her eyes are always glued to the floor, her expression deadpan. She tries to smile when she is around me, but her forced smile does not fool me. Nathaniel is like my brother, and a very dear friend, but I will not stand for how he treats Ara.

Especially when I am in love with her.

I tried to keep my distance, but the more I wait, the more broken she seems. I am afraid she will do something foolish, she is suffocating from being in the castle.

I wish I could tell her, how much she really means to me. I want to let her know how much I care, how her happiness has become mine. How can I bear seeing her getting hurt by him anymore? I know Nathaniel would kill me if he knew my feelings for her, even if we are cousins. He might seem careless, but he is an obsessive and possessive man. That is how he became the most powerful King in all of vampire history. The tension between us has been building up from the day he came back from France, he would have suspected by now. I know Xavier has been observing my actions when I am with Ara, that's why I had to bring her out of the castle.

I lead her into the sunflower fields, she looks amazed, almost enchanted. And her expression almost brings me to my knees. Her eyes are sparkling under the sunlight, her mouth slightly ajar, gasping at the magnificent beauty of the flowers. I am tempted to hold her in my arms, and kiss her right here.

"Benjamin?" She calls out to me.

I turn to look at her, her face is lined with worry. She does not know the little things she do that makes me so god damned in love with her. I cannot help but fall deeper everytime I am with her.

I don't know what comes across me, a thought flashes into my brain like lightning and I can't stop the words from coming out. "Ara, would you run away with me?"

She stays perfectly still for a minute, taking time to digest the thought I suppose. She does this often, whether or not she realises it. Her mind seems to wander off to far places, but I wait for her to come back.

"What?" She manages to stutter out.

"I'll take care of you, I want to. We could run away from all of this, isn't this just what you want?"

A guilty expression lingers in her face, I know she wants to leave. Who wouldn't?

"I love you, Ara." I finally confess. My heart goes into overdrive, thumping like a hammer in my chest. Her expression changes from guilt to pure shock, she opens her mouth and shuts it then opens it again. I am nervous at what she is about to say next, my adrenaline from pure fear is kicking in and my heart is racing like a bullet train.

"You... love me? But you can't Benjamin. You don't understand..."

"I love you. I've never felt the same way about any of the other girls, not even a fraction of how I feel about you. You drive me crazy, I can't stop thinking about you."

"No... This is wrong Benjamin... I'm sorry...." She says, "I'm sorry..."

It feels like someone grabbed my heart and squeezed it, crushing it like a can. The adrenaline dies down, leaving me feeling bruised and lifeless.

She reaches her hand to my cheek, her body leans in for a hug. I grab her close to me, and she gasps slightly at the impact of our bodies colliding. I hug her tight, my chin resting on her shoulder, my face buried in her soft hair. I never wanted to let her go, it was as if the only reason why I was still standing is because I was holding her.

But slowly, she pulled away. And reluctantly, I let her.

The ride back was silent. I called for a car to chaffeur us back to the castle instead as it was getting dark. Nathaniel stood by the doors of the castle, expecting our return. I was guessing he wasn't too happy about me bringing her out. 

Nathaniel walked towards the car as soon as it came to a stop, helping Ara out. "Goodnight Ara," I said as she exited. She gave me a small smile in return.

Nathaniel bent down until he was level with the car window, "Have a goodnight, Benjamin." It was friendly words, but his tone was dark, delivering it almost as a warning.

_____________________________________________________________________

A long update for you guys!!! Hope you liked this one!!! 

Who's team Benjamin???

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3 Thank you all for reading and for your sweet comments and messages (which I am going to reply now!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1M 360K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
928K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
508K 15.3K 14
Zander Anarchy Black, Alpha of the Black Moon Pack, the strongest, notorious and the most biggest pack in the United Kingdom. The word black seems to...
705 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...