Chapter 1 - Nathaniel

Nathaniel Devin was never a kind man, being kind was a weakness. He would not allow for any weakness. 

As he looked at himself in the mirror, his reflection was nothing short of perfection. Tousled dark blonde hair, piercing grey eyes, a broad chest, and well defined abdominal muscles forming a 6 pack. Despite being centuries old, he looked as young as he did all those years ago. When he was made a monster at the tender age of 19, he shook away the bitter memories.

Still he was unimpressed at what he saw, he grew bored of beauty. Vampires are a naturally attractive breed of creatures, still there were a few who stood out more than others. Him included. But being surrounded by beauty and perfection so constantly made it plain to him. Perhaps that is why he could never take true interest in any female vampire. To him they were just useless play things he only bothered with to fulfill his lustfull desires. 

"Your Highness, it's Xavier." a deep voice called out from behind the large doors. Nathaniel frowned, he hated to be disturbed so early in the morning. 

"Come in." 

The doors opened and a young man strode in, 6 ft tall and devillishly handsome. He stood a few feet away from the King and bowed his head as he spoke. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but there has been updates coming in from our allies. We recieved of them just a minute ago." Xavier waited for Nathaniel to respond, but was met only with silence. He understood the consent from Nathaniel's silence and continued. "There will be a celebration tonight. For the coming of age of the only daughter of Black Crescent's Alpha. Patrols will be lower, they will be distracted. It is the perfect opportunity to strike."

Again, silence.

Xavier looked up at his King, half in admiration and half in fear. Despite being the King's most trusted follower and head general of the military for almost a century, he was suprised at what he saw next. The King was smiling, a smile that sent shivers down his spine. "We attack tonight" Nathaniel said coolly, and dismissed Xavier.