Chapter 3 - The meeting

Arabella's eyes fluttered open slowly, her eyes adjustng to the light. She was confused, her surroundings unfamillar. She was in a four poster bed, with sheer white curtains hanging from them, tied loosely to the four posts of the bed. 

"You're awake." A deep voice said coolly, there was something oddly famillar about it. A soft hand rested on Ara's own, and she looked up at its owner. It was him, the same eyes with beautiful grey swirls. Electric waves ran down her hand where the man touched it and she pulled back instinctively, Ara caught a glimpse of hurt and rejection in the man's face before it returned to an ureadable expression.

"Where am I?" She managed to make out, her voice was coarse as if she had not drank for days. 

"The castle" He replied simply. "My castle"

She furrowed her eyes, trying to take the information in. Nothing added up. "Your castle? Who are you?"

Nathaniel stood up, towering over Ara's body. "My name is Nathaniel Devin."

Nathaniel Devin. Ara had heard this name before, she remembers her father mentioning it at pack meetings. Then it clicked. This man, her saviour, her mate, was none other than the ruthless and cruel Vampire King her father loathed more than anything. He was her, and her entire kind's mortal enemy. She hated this man. For everything he had done, for the destruction of cities and nations across the world, for the terrorization he planted in all of mankind, he was hungry for power and evil beyond measure. Yet at the same time she didn't, she wanted more than anything to reach out and carress his soft blonde hair, to place her lips upon his.

"Where is my family? What have you done to them, you monster?" Venom laced her words as she looked up at the man that she hated with every fiber in her body. Yet almost, loved.

His grey eyes turned dark, his fists clenched at his side. "Be careful Arabelle." He said before he walked away. As he exited the door he stopped and looked at her one last time, as if he were hesistating on his next move. Then he walked out, leaving her alone in the big empty room.

He knew her name, she thought. Then again a person of such power would be able to find out these things easily. Her heart tugged at the thought of him being her mate, the one she was destined to love  with all of her heart. Why would the moon goddess do this, to make me love a monster like him? Tears threatened to spill out of her crystal blue eyes but she held them back, she will not cry for him.

Nathaniel's POV

"At your command my King" Xavier stood beside me, waiting on my consent to proceed. 

I tilted my head to the night sky, eyeing the crescent moon. "No moon goddess to protect them now." I chuckled silently at the thought, what fools humans and werewolves were to believe in a God at all. "Attack." I gave the order.

I watched as my army of vampires swarmed in on the unsuspecting crowd of werewolves, drinking and partying the night away. "Careless idiots" I muttered to myself, it won't be long before i wipe out their entire race. They wouldn't stand a chance against my army, carefully selected from the finest warriors across the nation, trained to kill. I paced around the scene of massacre slowly, observing the onslaught of dying werewolves and vampires alike. Sacrifices have to be made for a greater cause.

Amongst the stench of burning flesh and copper blood, I latched onto the sweetest scent. It smelt like vanilla and cinnamon infused into a delicious concoction. Then she caught my eye. Standing smack in the middle of the destruction arround her, a glazed look on the bluest eyes i have seen. Her dark hair fanning around her face from the wind, her full lips parted slightly. She was beautiful, more than beautiful. Something in my chest resonated, tum. I grasped at my shirt looking down at my torso. It was impossible. My heart, still as stone for centuries, had it just let out a beat?

I looked up, but she was gone. I dashed into the forest, trying to follow her scent. But it was getting harder and harder to block out the surrounding smells. For the first time in a long while, I was getting frantic. Something in me knew I had to find this girl, I had to protect her from the danger I had put her in.

"Filthy beast" I heard a girl seeth as I approachd a clearing. She was pinning something down with her knees, a shewolf. The girl. 

"STOP NOW!!!" I commanded as I raced towards them. But she was too slow on her instincts to stop in time and the blade plunged into the wolf's chest. At that same moment, I felt excruciating pain in my own chest. Then a burning sensation as blood began to stain my white shirt. 

Anger started to swirl from the pits of my stomach as I grabbed the vampire girl by her head and snapped her neck with a twist. The other three vampires immediately backed away from the girl that had now returned to her human form, lying limply on the forest floor.

I felt something in me broke as I took in the sight of her life slowly seeping away. I knelt down beside her, scooping her beautiful face into my palms as her eyelids started to close. I couldn't let her die. Without thinking I bit down on my wrist until blood started to flow, then brought it gently to her lips. Her body reacted naturally to the life giving fluid, and her mouth slowly started sucking on the open wound. It was a thrilling sensation, her tongue was soft against my skin working to drain the nectar out. I gave her as much blood as she would take then took her unconscious body into my arms.

Her head rested against my chest as I carried her, even under the pale moonlight she looked ravishing. Her skin was smooth and delicate., it almost looked transluscent. And her smell, I couldn't have enough. I felt for this girl, even though I couldnt undestand why. 

Xavier looked at me questioningly as I approached the rest of the vampire army, gathered for my return. I shot him a glare and he looked back to the floor, saying no more.

"How many dead?" I asked

"Most of the werewolves have been killed, the few left are caught for questioning. Our casualties are at-"

"And the alpha?" I interrupted. I have no care for the weaker vampires, lost to the hands of mere werewolves.

"Dead, Your Highness."

"Good" I looked appovingly at Xavier, the finest of warriors I had taken under my wing. "You have done well Xavier."

"Thank you, Your Highness."

I stepped into the limousine waiting to take me back to the castle, careful not to hurt the treasure i held resting in my arms. Before the car could leave, there was a tap on the window. Xavier. I rolled the window down, but not turning to him as he spoke. "The girl, your highness. She is Arabelle Snow, daughter of the pack's Alpha."

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So this is my first book, ever. Im sorry for the mistakes, the chapters are still unedited and I'm clearly unexperienced at writing. But anyhow, I really hope you guys like this book. Do comment below and tell me what you guys think! 

Thank you so much for reading! :) <3