Chapter 7 - Unwelcomed

Arabelle could hear the sound of birds chirping, pleasant melodies in tune with the rest of nature's grand orchestra. She felt a weight upon her right arm and she slowly peeled her eyes open as she came to. She shifted slightly, but found it hard to move as the weight above her arm wouldn't budge. She tilted her head slightly and was greeted with a sight millions of vampire women all over the world could only dream of - Nathaniel Devin. She was embraced between his two strong, toned arms. The veins of his forearms popped out distinguishedly against his slightly pale skin. The memories of the previous night hit her like a tsunami, flooding in and filling a deep sense of dread in the pit of her stomach.

Then his eyes snapped open, his grey eyes a lighter colour than usual. "Good morning" he said softly, gazing down upon the beauitful thing in his arms. "Morning." she mumbled back, wondering if all vampires were lucky enough to not have morning breath. Before she could ask him, Nathaniel swooped in upon her, clamping his big hands upon both sides of her face and planting a gentle kiss upon her pouty lips. Electric tingles ran from her lips throughout the rest of her body and she could sense her wolf getting aroused from that simple kiss. Arabella widened her eyes as her mind tried to process what was happening, and she shoved hard against his chest - trying to break free from his hold.

He stared back at her confused, hurt lacing his eyes but were gone as soon as they showed. His face returned to a stoic expression as he calmly got out of the bed. He was half naked, wearing only a grey pair of sweatpants that hung loosely upon his hips. Arabella gulped hard at the sight of his solid six pack and perfectly built chest - trying hard not to let her wolf  pounce on him. He pulled his shirt on, flexing his biceps in the process and she cursed him silently as if he was doing it on purpose. She watched as he strode out of the room, stopping just as he reached the door.  "Thank you, for last night." he said with his back still facing her, before walking out.

"Where are you going?" She called out, a part of her didn't want him to leave.

"I have things to attend to, help yourself to some breakfast in the meantime!" He called back.

Breakfast it is, Arabelle thought to herself as she looked around the room. It must be Nathaniel's room, she concluded. This room was, if possible, larger than the one she had stayed in. The curtains were drawn shut, instead crystal chandeliers hung above the high celing giving the room a warm tone. The walls were painted black with blood red accents. It was nicer than she expected for a vampire, no cliche coffins or dead humans lying around. She stalked over to his open wardrobe, pulling in one of his shirts - they were ironed perfectly and crisp to touch. She leaned in and took a slight whiff, comforted by his lingering scent on the shirt. 

____________________________________________________________________________

My subjects bowed their heads in respect as I entered the oval. I nodded at them before making my way to the chair at the head of the rectangular table and sat down. I could see the slight surprise in some of their faces - clearly due to the fact that I was greatly underdressed in my t shirt and slacks. I did not have the time ro be properly dressed for the meeting. With the exception of today, I had never been late for any of my appointments. It was my first time oversleeping ever since i became a vampire, simply because vampires didn't need sleep. We could sleep, if we wanted - but it was unncescessary. And vampires aren't a big fan of unnecessary things. 

I cleared my throat and looked at Xavier, signalling for him to begin. 

"We have successfully eradicated the threat of the werewolves," Xavier announced. "Resistance from werewolves have been furtile ever since the obliteration of Black Crescent. The public execution of key members of the human resistance group has also severely halted their movement. We will continue with our plans of rounding up the rest of the human population and colonising their towns starting from the circumfrence of the first legion. Phase one begins tomorrow and we expec...." I tuned out his words, already aware of the rest of what he was to say.