Chapter 13 - Bon Voyage

Arabella's eyes widened, "Paris?" she repeated softly. She had always wanted to visit the city of love, it was peaceful there - they had no wars, no fighting, no bloodshed. But before she had the chance to visit, the war had begun and she knew her only choice was to stay with the pack.

"Yes," he let out a boyish smile, his eyes glistening. He looked sinfully beautiful, and Arabella quickly looked away to prevent herself from staring too long.

"What about Faye?" Arabella couldn't leave her friend behind, not when they had just reunited.

"Faye will be visiting Ethan while we are gone. She misses him,"

Arabella gave a small smile of relief at the knowledge of his safety, she knew how important Ethan was to Faye and how heartbroken she would be if he was killed in the fight.

"I've made preparations, we leave in three days.... if you agree. That would give you some time to catch up with Faye before we leave."

"How long will we be there?"

"A week, my love." Nathaniel grinned at her question, implicating that she was agreeable.

Arabelle gave a slight nod, her lips tugged upwards lightly. "I'd love to."

___________________________________________________________________________

Arabella's POV

The next two days had passed by quickly. There was not much packing I had to do, the maids had been instructed to pack all the clothes that was necessary into two large suitcases. Me and Faye had spent time roaming the castle grounds. Nathaniel had even given us a section of the forest that we could run freely in wolf form. It had been a while since i've had that much fun and felt so carefree, I was sad that the two days were ending, but also secretly excited for Paris.

I woke up at 9 sharp on the day of the flight. After taking a quick shower I blow dried my hair then put it into a loose bun. I pulled on some skinny jeans and matched it with a simple v neck t-shirt and a caramel scarf. 

When i was escorted to the foyer, a sleek bentley was waiting for my arrival. Nathaniel was there early and shot me a nervous smile as he opened the car doors for me to enter.

I fell asleep most part of the car ride, and when I woke up I was suprised to see my head resting gently upon Nathaniel's shoulder. I kept quiet though, it felt comfortable and I didn't want that to end just yet. The chaffeur drove us to a private airport, there were no more security customs because only the very rich had the priviledge of owning planes now. And their connections allowed them to skip through the entire process. There wasn't even a need for passports anymore.

Nathaniel's private plan was luxurious, perhaps to the point of extravagance. The two level plane had three living spaces, a bar filled to the brim with exquisite wines, liquor and snacks, a dining table, a lounge and a bedroom suite. This guy was definitely loaded. But my favourite part were the large windows that allowed me to gaze down at the vast landscape. The flight was about 12 hours long, I spent the time surfing the TV channels, eating and sleeping. Nathaniel seemed to be busy with something, he was always on the phone. He looked troubled, although he still made the effort to check up on me from time to time.

When we landed it was half past four in the afternoon. The jet lag left me exhausted, werewolves are definitely not meant for flying i concluded. On the other hand, Nathaniel looked buzzng and rearing to go once we had landed. .He must have noticed my fatigue because he kept his apparent excitement contained, requesting the personal chaffeur at the airport to bring us to our residence instead of sightseeing.