The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip

1.2K 49 0
By DayDreamerBookReader

Alexander Rybak- Fairytale (Nightcore). Not my song, or video. Just another song I was listening to, while writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Video by Nightcore Kitty.
-Rose

------------------

Lyra's POV

I glanced down at the food feeling oddly guilty. I had to help him, I knew that for sure, I had to!

I had to think...

My vision was spotty momentarily and I had to stop and lean against the wall from the ache behind my eye. I wasn't quite used to the side effects of the trade that me and La had agreed to yet. It was simply due to him using his powers to balance the tides.

I figure perhaps it would be better if I gave my vision a break. I grabbed the blindfold which sat on my blind eye and pulled it over my seeing one. My vision cut out completely into blackness as I unhooked the connection (temporarily, obviously) and my bending automatically spread around me leaving glowing transparent white orbs one tenth the size of a grain of sand.

I slumped with relief as the ache went down. I needed to work on my stamina, that was a must. But I didn't need to get out of practice with my mistbending.

I peeled myself from the wall and manuvered around the people in the market until I had met up with the group (minus Katara).

Sokka was bothering a poor guy,

"I bet Aunt Wu told you to wear those red shoes, didn't she?" Sokka accused.

"Yeah she said I'd be wearing red shoes when I met my true love" I froze my lunge towards Sokka, and Aang glanced towards me in confusion.

"Uh-huh" Sokka nodded, clearly unimpressed,
"And how many times have you worn those shoes since you got that fortune?" Sokka egged the man. At this point I was very unimpressed.

"Every day" the man said with a lovey dovey smile.

I had to physically prevent myself from face palming.

"Then of course it's gonna come true!!" Sokka shouted.

"Really?!" The man said obliviously and grabbed Sokka's hands, "you really think so?I'm so excited!" He said as he skipped away.

My irritation with Sokka's stupidity leapt a little, and I grabbed his ear making him squeak.

I pulled him away from the crowd and gave him an angry look in his direction,

"You can't just come up to people, and be rude like that!" I scolded him in a whisper and pinched his ear between my fingers making him whine childishly.

"But, Lyra-" he whined.

I shook my head and crossed my arms after handing the food off to Aang.

"No, Buts!" I interrupted him, "you lost boomerang privileges. Hand it over" I ordered and held my hand out for the boomerang.

"But- But, Lyra!" He whined and I cut him off with a silence motion.

"Ughhhhh!" He moaned and handed over the empty case stubbornly, "there" he nodded.
I simply quirked my eyebrows and motioned for the boomerang itself.

"Ugh! How did you even see that anyways?" He moaned, but handed the boomerang over.

I bended the water around me into a condensed ball the size of a marble,

"Oh" he realized, as I let it evaporate instantly.

"Oh" I mocked him childishly, "why do you act so skeptical, what if there's some truth to Aunt Wu's answers?" I asked him as I put the boomerang in its case, and hung it over my neck.

He clearly was displeased by my words as he huffed, and kicked a pebble. I heard the squabble of a duck of some sorts. Asura had her fur standing up in seconds and her back arched with suprised hisses. I stepped back to avoid the incoming duck which brought down its fury upon Sokka.

"Ahhh!" Sokka gasped as he crawled away.

"See?" I shrugged to Aang and went to dig into the food, taking Appa's, Asura's, and Momo's.

I approached the two who chattered back, and fourth.

Asura was clearly still startled as her fur had just begun to settle back.

Momo chattered a greeting to me and leapt to my shoulder. I scratched his chin gently and offered up the kebab to him.

"Share" I ordered firmly, and turned to the small barn where Appa had settled for a nap.

"Hey, Ap" I greeted him and he growled a greeting, "I got some food. It's not a lot, but I hope you like it" I smiled and took the contents off the raw, vegetable skewers. The guy had given me an extra, I hadn't even noticed.

Appa blew out his nose his thanks and I laughed as it tickled my face.

-----

As I returned back to the group I was annoyed to find Sokka still yelling, and Katara yet to return from Aunt Wu's.

"-I don't care what Aunt Wu told you! You have to take a bath sometime!" Sokka shouted angrily.

The man shrugged, and I was hit with a rancid smell; from said man.

"So, Sokka you know some stuff about ladies, right?" Asked Aang.

I was quick to jump in,

"Don't listen to a single thing, he says, Aang" I warned him.

Sokka slumped sadly, as he held up a finger and opened his mouth.

"But why?" Aang asked me.

"He isn't the smartest ladies man, I'll put it that way.."

I patted Aang on the shoulder reassuringly,

"Anyways, I'm bored. I'm going to practice my waterbending" I stated, as I walked towards the dormant volcano, waving behind me.

Asura followed not far after, and Momo came in tow.

"Hey, look at that. Why don't you guys go play" I urged them. They didn't hesitate to race up the volcano, "don't go near the mouth of the volcano! It's really high up!" I warned them.

I heard Asura hoot, and Momo chatter in response, ahead of me.

I breathed the warm air, and found myself at the same spot as before, only this time without vision.

The air smelled rich with earth, and fading rain. It was a smell I found quite nice...

Hours passed as I sat there, just meditating. Occasionally, I practiced with the physical forms of waterbending, which had returned to its former glory in no time, at least I think so.

It was as I heard two pairs of footsteps approaching, when I realized I had fallen asleep. Momo, and Asura slept soundly, curled into my left side.

I pushed myself up, and licked my dry lips.

I yawned, and stretched as I sat up. Man, that insomnia must've really messed with me this past week..

"Hey Sokka, hey Aang" I waved to the approaching boys.

Aang, and Sokka returned the greeting, and Aang was at my side with a cheerful smile.

"What's got you some smiley, Mr, Airboy?" I smirked and rubbed his head.

"Hey, Lyra! We're getting a flower for my true love! Sokka thinks it's a bad idea, but I think she'll like it" Aang grinned excitedly.

I smiled at him,

"Well, I'm sure she'll love it" I assured him.

"Look! On the rim!" Aang pointed towards the edge.

"Careful, Bud. Please be careful" I worried.

Aang reached the top and plucked a panda lily taking in the scent of the flower with closed eyes.

Aang gasped and I leapt towards him in fear he was falling.

I checked him up and down finding nothing wrong, but his raised heart rate.

"What's wrong, Bud?" I sweated with anxiety, and a sudden overbearing heat.

"Aunt Wu, was wrong" Aang gasped.

"What do you- holy shit" I coughed as I was hit with a huge wave of heat across my face, and smoke was thick in the air.

"This is bad.." Sokka stated in horror.

-----------

Hey Guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Anyways stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Until next time my Bookworms, I'll see y'all in the next one! ❤️
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 69 4
WARNING!!!! The following story contains spoilers of Netflix's new live-action series; "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Read at your own risk. Water 💧 ...
88.1K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
253K 7.4K 70
𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 | ᴀʟʟ ʙᴏᴏᴋs ❝ Fire can be and is destructive but learning doesn't have to be. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧...
282K 7K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...