Affinity [h.s]

By Louisgurl1D

[COMPLETED] "I see you've become brave" He chuckles, his eyes dark. "I didn't have a choice," I say without a... More

teaser & introduction
trailer & castings
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
♡ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ 'ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ'ꜱ ♡
1st year & new book

60

1.3K 56 1.1K
By Louisgurl1D

This is the end😭

But yeah, after this I have a separate author's note. PLEASE read that. I have a lot of important stuff to say.

This is the longest chapter ever but it's also the last one so I guess it's alright.

Do. Not. Skip. Anything.
(Take a break in between if you have to but this is the most important chapter.)

Trigger warning:-
//blood--violence//

I've suggested two songs for the chapter. It's optional but play it for intensity if you want </3

___________________________________________

People.

We win some. We lose some. 
We make memories. We share secrets. 

We love them. We hurt them. 
We do everything humanly possible to other humans, why? Because we're them. 

We are humans. We make mistakes.
We screw up.

And sometimes, just sometimes, it's okay. 

***

No perspective

Her eyes flutter open, her vision blurry, her head hurts and she's extremely weak to even move a limb. 

Consciousness hits her as she realises she's still restrained, her body on the cold hard floor of a dim room. The skin on her wrists hurt because the nail cuffs sank into them.

Rolling over onto her back, she notices the huge light that hung from the ceiling. Her eyes squeeze shut at the sudden exposure. She lets out a small whimper, her raw wound hurting. 

She realises how much of a huge trap she was wrapped in. Those guys, the musicians, they were all a part of this. And she couldn't help but feel surprised about it.

"H-Help.." Her voice was faint and barely audible. 

Pulling at her conjoined wrists, she tries to get rid of the cuffs but little did she realise that she was too weak. 

The door squeaks open as her head turns towards it. She saw two pairs of legs, her eyes blinded by the light that existed beyond the door.

The heels click their way towards her. Her eyes open again to see the crooked smiling face. 

Lauren. 

"Lauren-" she speaks.

"Oh- she speaks." Lauren chuckles crouching down next to her head.

"What am I doing here? Let me go. Please." Grace speaks, tears choking her throat. 

"Really now?" She laughs. "What happened to you being so strong? Remember when you threatened me?"

"You didn't do any less. But you can't just do this because I challenge you." Grace furrows.

Lauren's finger slowly traces against her face as she turns away.

"Hm. No wonder Harry likes you." She grins. "Soft, sweet, gentle."

"Let go of me!" Grace shouts when Lauren grabs her face bringing it near her.

"Shh baby. This is the worst time to pick a fight." She leaves her face. "Anyways, I didn't bring you here. He did."

Grace's head turns towards the door again when she sees the other pair of legs approaching her, revealing the face. 

Her eyes widen as she looked at him. 

Garrett Bergman.

"Garrett-"

"Yes. Surprised?" He questions crouching next to her. "Wait. Should I call you Alice or Grace?" He smirks.

"What - why am I here?" She questions utterly perplexed.

"You see," he starts "Your boyfriend, did something. Extremely bad."

"What-"

"He killed someone. Very close to me."

"Killed? He can never-" she starts defending.

"Shh, darling. Let me speak." He warns. 

"He, killed my wife. While she was pregnant." He states, the smile starting to disappear as a demonic expression surfaces his face.

"Oh- I'm really sorry." She sniffles.

"Yeah." He nods, a smirk surfacing his lips. 

"But- what did I do?" She questions tears brawling down her eyes.

"You didn't do anything, he did. Now he'll get exactly what he did to me." He speaks as her brows furrow in confusion.

"What do-"

"He took away the only two people in my life that kept me sane, he killed them mercilessly. He didn't think once." He keeps going. 

"I'm sure it's a mistake. He can't-"

"Oh yes, he can. I saw it myself."
Lauren speaks suddenly. "I mean- on camera. He did it. We have the video." 

"Lauren why would you do this to him? What did he ever do to you?" Grace charges. The smile on Lauren's face only growing.

"Aw are you feeling sad about your boyfriend now?" She pouts.

"He was just a kid- he just wanted to live his dream. Why would you destroy him like that?" Grace questions, her voice laced with tears.

Lauren's heels come up to her face as she shoves it down on her cheek smashing her head down harshly.

The pointed end of her heels digging into the skin of her cheeks as she cries out.
"It's hurting!" Tears running down the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah? Is it?" She presses further clenching her jaw.

"Okay that's enough." Garrett pulls her back.

"I'm sorry, Grace. You were a nice girl. I wanted to know more about you the reason I wanted to go for a coffee with you." He fixes his suit standing up.

"But I'm glad we didn't. Because I fear I got to know you, I might not have been able to kill you." He states glancing at her.

"Kill me?" Her eyes widen as she starts scooting away. 

"Yes. I haven't slept for two years. I cannot imagine that he was out there living his life. But I waited for the perfect moment." His fingers trace her hair. 

"The moment where he could feel exactly the way I felt." His eyes tearing up.

"The breaking of a heart so loud that he'd be deaf to his own cries.
A present so devastating that he'd forget ever used to be happy in the past." His voice breaks. 

"He broke me. He took away the one thing I cared about the most." As his words meet her ears she keeps sobbing. 

"I'm so sorry- Mr Bergman. I'm sorry that happened to you but please - please hear me out.
I'm sure there has been some misunderstanding because I know him. I've known him all my life. I know he can't do that. He's not capable of doing anything like that." She defends.

"I know you're hurt and angry and in pain but please, don't do this." She sobs. 

"My parents haven't seen me in months. I'm all they have left. If I die, they'll have no one. 

And Harry, he won't survive this. Please. He's all alone. He needs me." She begs as tears choke her throat. 

"I don't have anything against you, but I know just this one way to get to him and I won't let this go. I've waited two years for this." He shakes his head.

"He's going to break inside -"

"And I didn't!??
My heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest when I found her body. I didn't even get to say goodbye. The foetus was shot. Can you imagine how I felt??" He breaks down. 

"Yes, I know-"

"Enough talking- Garrett kill her. She's just stalling." Lauren gets out her gun. 

"No.." Horror filled in Grace's voice as she starts scooting away. 

"Yeah." He nods sniffling. "I wouldn't have done this to you if you weren't connected to him." Slowly he gets out his gun. 

"But I guess we don't have any option, do we?" He looks at Lauren who shared a menacing smirk. 

"Goodbye Gracie, thank you for being one of the best assistant managers ever. I'm sure the guys will miss you." She pulls the slide getting ready to shoot. 

"Please don't do this! I'm sorry please don't kill me-" she cries out loud.
"I don't wanna die please."

And before she could comprehend the first sound of the shot.met her ears as her body jolted backwards from the impact of the bullet that pierced through her anatomy. 

Her cries coming to an abrupt stop as she looks down at the red dot appearing on her white shirt, the unbearable pain kicking through her senses.

Another shot, from Garrett's gun, hit her shoulder, causing her to cry out in distress.

And another and another. The shots kept firing at her until both of their guns were empty. 

Her body perforated with gunshot wounds, twelve of them, blood gushing out like water from her system as she laid there in the pool of her own blood.

"Leave her here. He must be on his way. Let's keep this piece of art here that we made." Lauren smiles tucking the gun back in her jeans and strides out. 

Garrett pauses for a moment looking at her, and looking above before speaking something inaudible as tears streamed down his face. 

"I'll sleep again." He looks at her before storming out of the room.

Looking at the screens, Zayn silently wipes away a tear.

"Your job is done."
Garrett speaks walking into the room.
"Now evacuate the building before the cops arrive. We don't need a mess. But let the rest stay back, so when he arrives, he cannot take her to the hospital. The moment he walks in, lock the door and go somewhere else."

***

## suggested song ###
Hold on- Chord overstreet

Harry bursts through the doors, a gust of wind hitting his face as his hair blew away. His tears dried down his cheeks. His heart slamming against his chest. 

The door was immediately slammed shut behind him so they don't escape. He turns around looking at the locked door but didn't have the capacity to fight over it. Turning back towards the room, he starts walking.

He prayed to all the heavenly creatures he knew, for one last chance. One, simple, last chance. 

The moment his eyes met hers, the tightness in his chest intensified. 

It wasn't normal eye contact, it was one that would scare even the darkest nightmares.

The blood smeared across her face, her white shirt drenched in her own blood, her hands that were covered in mittens a few hours ago now shackled into nailed cuffs, the sharp edges sinking into her skin. 

He didn't believe what he saw. He couldn't. 

His throat drier than the desert, his eyes - they were numb. 

We've all experienced a breaking point. Where we just hit that metaphorical wall. Where we crash down onto our knees and surrender. Where our body gives up. 

It was that. Just a hundred times more intense. 

He stumbled his way to her, his eyes locked with hers the whole time as few faint, weak sobs left her lips. 

As the distance disappeared, his stomach turned into knots, his hands shaking as his breath felt like it would be robbed any moment. 

Reaching her, he falls onto his knees, next to her body. The blood that pooled around her now getting soaked into his jeans. 

His hands shook as he tried to find a place to hold her- where she won't be hurt considering the multiple shots on her body. 

He couldn't think. He couldn't move. He couldn't speak. 

He was paralysed.

His trembling hands went under her head to cradle it and lift it. Carefully, he brings her head closer to him, softly embracing her in the attempt not to hurt her even more. 

"Baby..." His voice breaks taking a look at her wounded body. Her upper body perforated with gunshot wounds, the skin on her arms sliced open. 

Her eyes drooped as she strived to keep them open, just for one last look at him. She didn't want him to cry. 

"Babe.. just- just hold on-  okay? They've locked us here." He stutters stroking her hair with his trembling fingers. "The police will get here, I've texted them the address and We'll get to the- hospital. You'll be o-okay." 

She hums something inaudible, her body almost lifeless now, the stains of blood on her cheeks now dried, her beautiful lips now chapped. 

"I'm so- sorry. I shouldn't have behaved that way." He bends down kissing her forehead. 

"But I'll make everything okay baby. I promise. I'll make everything alright."

He breaks down crying, resting his forehead against hers. His heart breaking so loud, it could be heard in his wails. 

It wasn't just his heart that was breaking- it was him.

"You can't leave me." He mutters crying. 

"You have to stay. We just started, Grace. This- this can't be it. Hold on for me." He grips her hand holding onto her palm. 

"We've got so much left. You can't do this to me." He shakes his head. 

"We- we need to get matching tattoos. We need to hold a sweater themed party. We need to go on more tours." He sobs loudly. 
"We need to be officially a couple. Baby don't give up just yet." His grip on her only growing stronger. 

Her blue eyes that once were full of life now drained of emotions. Still, she looked through them into his, trying anything to calm him down. Her hand softly rests against his face as he cries into it. 

"I love you, Grace. I always have loved you. I'm so sorry I never confessed but I've loved you since we were kids." He holds her hand softly kissing it. 

"I've loved you in those tiny braids, I've loved you in the cute little pink dress that you wore on your 7th birthday. I've loved you in the moments when we would fight. I've loved you when you were broken. I've loved you when you got your first boyfriend. I've loved you when you had your first kiss. I've loved you when I left."
Softly embracing her face, he leans in placing his lips on hers. 

"And I've loved you through everything. I never showed it, but I loved you all the way through, Grace. And I can't stop loving you. I can't. I'm all alone. And I need you." Tears keep choking his throat but he speaks anyway. He gazes into her eyes, tears blurring his vision. 

With a slight nod, she agrees. Making a promise even she can't say she'll be able to keep. 

Getting her closer on his lap, he tilts his head back against the wall, looking at the ceiling. 

"Let's - let's do one thing. You love stars, yeah? Imagine the ceilings not there, try to- try to hold on to the vision of the bright, starry sky that you like.." He strokes her hair gently. 

Her tired eyes looking at the ceiling, knowing there's barely a chance of her making out alive.

"Can you see the stars?" He questions meeting her eyes. 

Waiting for a moment, she nods, the tears rolling down the corner of her eyes and getting absorbed into her hair. 

"Talk with me through this okay? Keep talking and you'll be fine." He softly caresses her head. 

"Y-yeah." She stutters faintly. 

"So, tell me. When we get out of here and everything's fine, what kind of apartment do we get?" He sniffles, giving rise to the most confident voice he could.

"A con- condo." She speaks, her hand gripping his fingers tightly.
"With- floor to-" she lets out a small whimper in pain. 

"Yes. A condo. With floor to ceiling windows. Yeah." He nods frantically kissing her hand to help her with the pain. 

"And we'll have pets? You like pets?" He questions looking at her. 

"Y-yes. A dog." She sniffles nodding. 

"Okay.. But he'll have a separate room because- you'll love him more than me and if you didn't already know- I'm a jealous person." Harry chuckles a little making her smile.

"Okay.." She speaks faintly.

"We'll travel- to all of your favourite places, baby." He strokes her hair gently. "We'll see the world."

"And after that, we'll date and date and date and one day, when you're ready," He smiles a little tucking the loose strand of her hair behind her ears. 

"We'll go pick out a white dress."

"A white dress-" she speaks confusedly. 

"Yes. You'll wear a white dress. A-and I'll wear a tux. And your dad can walk you down the aisle. And we can have a stupid thing called a wedding-" He chuckles as a small smile surfaces her lips. 

"And Niall, Louis and Liam can be your bridesmaids." 
He laughs through the tears. 

"Man they'd look horrendous in gowns."

She lets out a weak laugh but shortly crying out because her stomach hurt from the shot. 

"It's okay babe.. You're doing so good." He instantly consoles her. 

"Just a little while longer."

She weeps as he bends down to kiss her forehead. His hands were covered in her blood, but he was doing anything he could to avoid thinking about the situation they're in. 

"And then, one day, you'll say you feel sick and I'll be worried so we'll go to the hospital. And you know what the doctor would say?" He looks down at her. 

"Mrs Styles, it seems like you're pregnant. Congratulations."
The moment the words leave his lips, she smiles, tears rolling down her cheeks when she sucks in a sharp breath. 

"You said you wanted to be a mom, and I know you read those parenting magazines because you want to be the best. And I know you'll be the best mom ever." He sniffles bending down to kiss her lips. 

"How many kids would you want to have?" He questions in the effort to make her speak because she was visibly growing weak now. 

"T-two." Her voice trembling now. 

"Two? I want more." He dramatically furrows his brows through the tears. 

"Th-ree?" She questions. 

"More." He shakes his head. 

"You- you give birth to- the rest." She furrows her brows joking as he laughs. 

"You see, God didn't make me that way." He states bending down to kiss her lips yet again. 

His heart was tearing apart but he had to pretend everything was okay because a better part of him knew that it wasn't. But he was in denial. 

She looked at him, her eyes swelled with tears, her heart wrenching in pain. She knows how much he wants this. Parting her lips, she speaks, her tone feeble.

"In another life, Harry. I promise."

"No no no don't say that. Please stay with me, Grace. You're all I have." He sobs holding her face.
"I can't function without you. I can't. I've got everything I want but they would be nothing without you." He didn't know what to do. 

"I'm- trying.." She states faintly.

"I know.. And you're doing great. I love you so much." He hugs her, burying his face in the arch of her neck, he cries into her. Holding her as firmly as he could. 

"I love you so much." He whispers into her ear dropping a kiss there. 

"We'll make it through this. You're strong enough. I know." He holds her head against his shoulder, softly cradling her. 

"Just hold on for me okay? We're almost there." He sobs into her. 

Slowly letting her head down on his lap, He tilts his head back against the wall, his eyes shut to control the pool of tears. 

The sound of police sirens met his ears as he immediately looks out of the window to look down at the road. "The police is here. It's just a matter of moments before they arrive." He states looking out.

No response.

"Babe? The police are here." He says again without looking at her because the tightness in his chest instantly heightened.

His veins started to freeze. All of his instincts urged him to look at her but the numbing pain of the thought restricted him from doing so. 

"N-no." He mumbles to himself. "Grace. Say you're with me." His voice shaking uncontrollably. 

The silence screamed into his ears as his heart shattered each passing second that he didn't hear her voice. 

His denying eyes turned to her, his heart bursting out of the chest.

Her eyes stayed still, open, blank, staring into the void. Her lips parted a little, her hand that was once gripping his fingers now softened. 

"No." He shakes his head in disbelief. "Grace wake up." He moves her a little as her face stayed emotionless. 

"Don't- Don't do this baby please-" He sobs rubbing her cold palms. "Wake up." He looks at her eyes. 

They stayed still and lifeless. 

"No. I know you're tired. I get it." He speaks in denial. "And I'll get you to the hospital. You didn't die. I know it. You can't." Tears gushing down his face unstoppable. 

The door bursts open as the cop strides there hastily indicating him to leave for the hospital seeing the amount of blood lost.

Getting on his knees, he scoots his hand under the crease of her knees and the other one under her shoulder and lifts her. 

"Stay with me baby, please. It's okay if you're sleeping. Just don't give up on me. On us." He sniffles rushing out and going down the stairs. 

One of the other cops gets the sight of him carrying her down as he immediately sprints over to help. They both get her into the elevator. 

"She'll be okay right?" Harry questions the cop, sobbing. 

"I- I don't know. Let's hope for the best." He states taking a look at her. "What happened here?" He questions. 

"I-I don't know. I found her like this" Harry shakes his head.

The doors open up as the herds of cops drag out a few different people. Harry couldn't think of anything else. He just had to save her. 

Passing through the entrance, he notices Zayn. 

He looked numb. His eyes were red and teary. Even though he was being handcuffed, he didn't seem to protest. He didn't react, he didn't stop. He just stood there with a blank vision. 

"Get her in the car. We need to go to the hospital soon." The cop shouts in stress as they get her getting her off Harry's arms and taking her to his car.

Due to the commotion, Zayn's head turns to him, noticing her bloody anatomy his heart broke. Slowly dragging his eyes back to Harry's he looks at him. 

Harry didn't know what made him pause in his tracks. He stood there for a moment before speaking. 

"He's not with the rest. He's a friend. He helped me." 
Harry states as the officer nods before getting rid of the handcuffs from Zayn's wrists. 

Zayn stood there perplexed. He didn't know what just happened. Why would Harry save him? Why would he take his side? 

Then he realised that he doesn't know that he is involved with Lauren and everyone else. 

"Harry-" he speaks.

"I can't- I can't talk. I need to get her to the hospital." Harry shakes his head striding towards the car. 

"Let me come with you then- please." Zayn's eyes tear up, his hands shaking. 

Harry nods getting in the car as Zayn follows him shortly. 

As soon as they get in, Harry gets her head on his lap. 

"Baby I'm here with you. Please stay." He sobs rubbing her palms.
"We're almost there."

Zayn takes a look at her, his heart breaking. 

"She- she celebrated my birthday." He speaks softly.

"What?" Harry looks at him stressed and tired of all the crying. 

"Yeah. After 8 years, she celebrated my birthday. She said she was proud of me. She said I was a good person." He sniffles. 

Harry didn't know what to say but he looks back down at her softly caressing her head. "I'm sorry baby."

"And she cared. About everyone." Zayn looks out of the window, tears streaming down his face uncontrollably. 

"Stop talking like she's dead. She's not gone. She is here with us. It's just- she got tired. Losing a lot of blood makes you tired." Harry states furious.

A painfully long ride later, the car finally halts as they rush into the hospital, carrying her lifeless body in.

"We have an emergency please help." Harry shouts rushing in. 

The security follow in vacating the floor because of the commotion created seeing Harry.

A few nurses rush up with a stretcher and lay her down. One presses the fingers below her jaw to examine. 

"She's not breathing. Get a crash cart. We need to defibrillator her." She speaks getting her into a room. 

"Sir we need you to leave." One of the other nurses blocks the door. 

"No she needs me- she can't be alone. Please -" He cries. 

"I understand but we can't let you in. Please." She explains again. 

"Okay, but can you please hold her hand? She can't be alone. She's hurting. Please-" He requests joining his hands together. 

"Yes okay. I'll hold her hand." She nods. "But we'll do everything we can. Please take a seat and do not panic." Saying that, she shuts the door. 

"I- I can't breathe." Harry says resting his head against the wall. "She has to be okay. She has to be okay. Please God don't do this." He punches the wall as Zayn gets a hold of him.

"Harry please calm down -"

"She could be dead!" He shouts, his knuckles bleeding. 

"She'll be fine.." Zayn speaks not knowing what else to say. 

The guilt was eating him up from the inside. The fact that Harry didn't know that he was also a part of this was what made him hate himself more. 

"Harry-" he speaks. 

"What!?" He turns to him enraged. 

"I'm- I'm sorry." Zayn says his voice breaking. 

"Just shut up I can't listen to anything right now-" Harry shakes his head walking into the empty room at the end of the hall, the blood-soaked into his shirt and jeans now dry. 

"You have to hear me out." Zayn follows him in. 

"What?"

"I'm- I'm involved with what happened to her." He speaks, knowing he might have made the worst decision. 

Harry stands there quietly for a moment. "What?" 

"Y-yeah. I knew all of this. And - and I'm the reason she's here." 

The tears stop for a moment as Harry looks at Zayn in disbelief. 

"You- You can't be serious-" He shakes his head. 

"Unfortunately I am." Zayn looks down. 

The next moment  Harry's fist met his face as he shoots him a strong punch. He grabs his collar pulling him. 

"Why did you do this!??" He shouts, his voice trembling in rage. "She didn't deserve any of this! Why would you do that! Why!!?" He keeps driving punches on his face. 

"I didn't want to either! I was bound to- because of you! Why did you have to go mess up?" Zayn questions pushing him off himself. Blood at the corner of his lips.

"I messed up!? Don't you dare turn this on me!" Harry shouts enraged.

"Why did you have to kill his wife!? Why couldn't you find someone else!?" Zayn drives a punch at his face. 

"What? Who are you talking about!?" Harry questions pushing him away.

"Garrett's wife! Why did you kill her!?" Zayn repeats.

"I don't know who you're talking about-" 

"The pregnant woman you killed - she was his wife." Zayn explains as Harry finally realises.

"I was forced to kill her! I fucking didn't want to! I didn't even know who she was." He cries falling on his knees. "I didn't even know who she was.." His voice breaking. 

Zayn sighs and kneels down in front of him holding his shoulder. 

"I love her. She can't die. If she dies because of something that I did, I won't survive theis." Harry bends down, his head resting on the floor as he cries loudly. 

"Nothing -"

"I LOVE HER!!!!!" Harry screams at him. 

"AND YOU THINK I DON'T!!??" Zayn retaliates in frustration. 
"I wanted to be with her! But she chose you. Despite everything you did to her, she fucking chose you." He breaks down. 

"You didn't love her. You don't kill someone you love!" Harry shouts, anger filling his veins.

"I had to! Because I knew if it wasn't me, someone else would've been ordered to my job and God knows what they would've done. I couldn't trust anyone else. I thought even if I had to bring her along the path, that be it. I don't trust anyone else with her." Zayn exclaims, his face drenched in tears. 

"You didn't think once to tell me about it? I could've talked to Garrett. I could've explained. She would be fine." His breathing gets heavier.

"You and I were never on good terms! You destroyed my life!" Zayn shouts. 
"And you destroyed hers! She was always fucking chose you. You treated her like shit and she still tried to defend you. She loved you even after you put her through hell." He cries out. 

"It'll always... Be.. You." His voice breaking as his head hangs down. 

"I never did anything on purpose. She knows that I would never hurt her on purpose. I had to do it because I didn't want her to be dragged into this. But I failed! And I didn't destroy your life either!" Harry grips his hair pulling at the roots.

"I didn't fucking know until after the performance. It was all Paul. The others had no idea! I tried to talk to you but you wouldn't listen!" Harry strides up and punches him again. 

Zayn stands there taking it all in. "You- you didn't know?" He questions in disbelief. 

"No! You should've talked to me. You should've listened." Harry slams his hand on the wall. 

"I'm- I'm sorry -" Zayn shakes his head.

"Fuck this! we need to get back and check on her. The guys were on the way. They must be here by now." 
Harry strides out as Zayn follows behind him. 

They reach the reception and see Liam standing with his hands in his pocket. 

"Liam-" Harry blurts out, breaking down as he immediately turns to him and rushes forward.

"Harry, what happened? You said Grace was admitted, what happened to her? How are you and God - wait. Why are you all covered in blood?" He keeps questioning in panic. 

"She's... not okay." Harry cries slowly hugging him. 

It was a first. 

Harry would never the one to initiate a hug first with the guys. But this time, he needed to be held. He was breaking inside and he couldn't go along anymore. 

"Harold- what happened. You're scaring me." Liam speaks stressed as shortly Niall and Louis come sprinting inside. 

"Sorry, we're late. What happened to Izzy?" Louis questions looking around and taking a look at Zayn. 

Harry was crying too hard to even speak so Louis turns to Zayn. "What happened here? Who are you?"

"I'm- I'm a friend." Zayn speaks looking down. 

A Doctor walks up to them. "Mr Styles, We've been looking for you-" she speaks. 

"What happened is she okay?" Harry turns around wiping his face. "Please say you guys did it. Say she's fine." He steps forward. 

She looks down before shaking her head a little. 

"We did everything.. We could.. And I'm sorry-"

"No no no! Stop talking!" He shakes his head. "This isn't true. Don't say that. Please."

"I'm so sorry. She was already gone by the time you got her here. We still tried. She's in room number 16 if you want to see her." The doctor suggests before walking away. 

Zayn rushes out because he couldn't bear being with them here.

"Harry calm down-" Louis holds his shoulder as he immediately gets away. 

"No. Don't you dare. She is okay. She has to be fine. Tell me she is okay!!!" He slams his palm on the table. 

"Harold please- come with me." Liam speaks, his voice trembling listening to the doctor but he knew Harry was in a much worse place. 

"Liam please tell the doctor that Grace has to be okay. She needs to be okay. I can't live without her please." His fists grip Liam's shirt as he tugs at it hard. 

"We didn't get matching tattoos yet. We didn't even start living our life please do something." He was a crying mess.

Louis quickly wipes away a tear before turning to Niall who hadn't said a word yet.

"Niall.." He turns to him rubbing his shoulder. 

He didn't respond. He didn't move. He didn't do anything. 

He just stood there, numb, paralysed. 

"Niall come here." Louis pulls him into a hug but Niall doesn't hug him back. 

"Say something, Niall c'mon." Louis rubs his back. 

"Harry, how did this happen?" Liam questions, tears running down his face but Harry was too weak to speak. 

"Can we go see her?" Louis questions looking at Harry. 

"You go. I'll take him to see her later." Liam nods sniffling. 

"You wanna go see Iz?" Louis questions softly holding Niall's face. He slowly starts walking but Niall doesn't budge. 

"Niall. Come with me." Louis says again but he stays reactionless. 

"Lou you go. I'll take care of both of them. She needs someone who can be there. And-" Liam states as his voice shakes so he takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Hold her hand while you're there."

Louis nods slightly, his eyes blurry with the tears. He starts walking to the room, his heart heavy. 

### suggested song ###
Before you go- Lewis Capaldi

'16'

The room number glowed. 

Louis wasn't ready to face it. He begged for this to be a joke. That he'd walk in and she'd be sitting there saying "Surprise!". 

The moment he stepped at the door, he saw her body on the bed. The machines turned off. The room was dead silent. 

He didn't understand what he was supposed to do. 

Nevertheless, he steps in.

Making his way to the bed quietly. "Izzy." He calls out in the hope she'd respond. 

Nothing. 

He sniffles a little stepping closer as he gets a look at her face. 

Her eyes shut, lips closed and her complexion pale. 

He couldn't recognise that this is the same girl who offered them chocolates, watched their practices, got drunk and spilt secrets. 

This girl who laid here didn't feel familiar at all. She wasn't their Izzy or iz anymore.

She was just, Grace.

Reaching out, he softly grips her ice-cold hand. 

"I'm- I'm not good with..words.. but Izzy.. You hurt us, yes. But you-" he sniffles. "You broke Niall."

"He's a kid, Izzy. He doesn't understand. He won't bear this." A teardrop rolls down his face. 

"I- I can't talk if I know you'll never say anything in return. But, I'm sorry that this happened to you." He softly caresses her head. 

As he turns around he notices Liam and Harry standing at the door, Niall quietly standing with them. 

Harry stumbles in looking around at the black screen of the monitors. "Why aren't they on?" He questions. 

"Harry.. They said-"

"Yeah. She's dead. I know that. I can see that."
He speaks irritated, his voice scratchy because of the amount of crying.

He makes his way towards her, seeing her hand in Louis' he immediately gets him away. 

"So you did it, yeah?" He looks at her. "You left me." He sniffles sitting on the chair next to her bed.

"You- left me, baby. You would always say that you'll never leave me and today, you betrayed me." He looks down at her hands, scared to even touch them.

"I hate you." His eyes turn to her closed ones.
"I hate you so... Fucking much. And I'll never love you again." He sobs trembling.

"Harry-" Liam steps forward but he raises his hand denying help at the moment.

"She left me. You guys see that?" He turns to them.
"She never loved me or anyone of you."

"She loved you, Harry." Liam states quietly. "She loved all of us."

"Why would she leave me then?" He turns back to her.
"Baby wake up, please. I'll never ask for anything ever again. Just, this once, say that this is a joke. Please." He shakes her body.

Louis notices Niall still hasn't said a word. He nods at Liam indicating that he should step up.

"Niall." Liam walks over to him. "Niall cry it out. Don't suppress the emotions. It'll get worse with time." He rubs his back.

"Niall say something. Speak up!" Louis walks over.

"You see what you did?" Harry looks at her lifeless body. "You said Niall was your best friend? Look at him now. You did this to him."

Liam softly gets a hold of Niall bringing him closer to her.

Niall's eyes stayed still. No emotions. No tears. Nothing.

Harry gets up and places his lips on hers. "I hate you so much because I can't - I can't stop loving you. And I'll alwayss love you and that's what hurts." Tears stream down his face.

Liam gets Niall's hand and places it on hers. Thinking maybe the touch will trigger the emotions but in vain.

He looked at her silently, his gaze stuck.
But he clasps her hand tightly.

"Babe please come back. I'm sorry for everything. I'll never be mad at you again. I- I got you a customized pendant baby. Please. It's your birthday- please." He shakes her again.

"Niall, don't you want to say something to her?" Liam whispers in his ear.
"Say something. Anything."

He still doesn't react.

"Niall talk to her!!" Harry states frustrated. "Maybe she'll listen to you! Talk to her please!" He shouts.

"Harry he's experiencing too much at once. Let him be." Louis steps up to him rubbing his shoulders.

Harry looks down, tears rolling down his face. He suddenly realises what would help.

"You're her person, Niall. She wrote you a letter. A letter stating how much you mean to her." He states looking at Niall.

"A letter none of us ever got. She loved you the most." His voice trembles.

For the first time since they arrived, Niall moves a little.

"You were her person." He repeats.

His features soften a little, his eyes fall at the hand that he was holding. Slowly, he sucks in a sharp breath, his hands shaking.

"Yes, let it out." Liam softly rubs his back.

Niall blinks a couple of times, his eyes watering. His breathing gets heavier.

Louis and Liam exchange looks as Louis nods wiping away a silent tear.

Niall looks up at her face, a single tear rolls down his cheek. Slowly gripping her hand, he moves her. "Wake up.." He speaks, his voice breaking.

"Iz.. Wake up... Playtime's over." He states vigorously shaking her hand.

She lays there still, lifeless and dull.

Niall starts hyperventilating. "Iz.. Don't do this.." He cups her face.

Seeing Niall, Harry bends down resting his head on her body, crying silent tears. He still couldn't believe she was actually gone.

"You said- you said you'll be there for me. Iz. You can't- you can't do this to me. You're just like the girl in my dream-" he starts sobbing.

"But she left after she gave me the letter. But you- you promised you'll never hurt me. Iz don't leave me." He shakes his head, his sobs getting louder.

"You're more of a family, Iz. If- if you're gone, who will convince my dad?" He starts whimpering. "Who'll hold me when I'm sad?"

Standing up, he grips her shoulder and bends down to hug her.

"She'll be fine. She just- she just needs a hug." He sobs into her.

"Whenever I'm sad- she always hugs me and I'm fine. She just needs this. I know."

Harry holds his head in his hands, looking down. He didn't know what to do anymore.

Liam finally holds him. "Niall.. Let her go."

"No!" He shouts. "I can't let her go. She needs to be held."

"She's gone, Niall. She's not coming back!" Harry raises his voice hurtfully making Niall flinch. "She's gone. Just accept it."

Liam gets him up and hugs him as Niall starts crying loudly against his shoulder, pulling at his shirt.

"We'll get him out. You come later okay?" Liam walks out as Louis follows him.

The room returns to being dead silent.

He looks at her one last time.

"So you're really gone."
Harry sniffles.

She was gone.
Like a very short moment.

When we love someone, we think we'll always have them. That they'll always hang around.

We think we have time.
But in the end, do we really?

As he sat there crying against her body, her hand falls onto his.
Taking a look, his heart breaks further.

Her pinky finger rested on his own.
He knows what this meant.

He starts hyperventilating, it was getting harder to breathe but at this moment, he didn't care. He wanted this to end.

He just needed the pain to stop.

He bends down resting his head against her body. His eyes shut, his heart aching from the impact.

"Till forever ends, Grace. I promise."

He was breaking inside, every second.

To think of a life without her- it broke him.

Imagining how her scent would fade away from the sheets and pillows. Her closet would lose her fragrance. Her accessories that he always made fun of would remain unused.

A life where he'd turn around and find the other side of the bed neat and empty rather than her curled up inside a blanket.

A life he'd wake up at the middle of the night hungry and have no one to scold him into eating scrambled eggs and toast.

A life where no one would persuade into going to the places he hated the most.

A life where he'd cry and there won't be someone to hold him and say that things would get better.

A life where he won't just go to the kitchen and find her sitting on the counter reading parenting articles while making cupcakes.

A life where no one would wrap him in a blanket when he feels sad and run fingers through his hair while he sleeps.

A life where he'll be all alone, all the time. Her bright blue eyes, her golden hair, her fragile lips- they'll just be a memory.

He dreaded that life.
He wouldn't survive that.

As his eyes remained shut and the ache in his heart kept rising, he gripped her hands hard. Swallowing every tear, every moment.

Moments passed as his face relaxed, his features losing the tension, his grip loosening on her hand.

A life without her- he didn't want it.

"See you on the other side, baby."

•••

Affinity [h.s]
(28th February, 2021 - 31st July, 2021)

___________________________________________

I'm sorry, I tried my best. :')

I have a whole 'goodbye' written for you guys but before that,
I'd really appreciate it if you answered these questions first.

What was the best moment In the book?

Favourite line in the book?

Favourite characters? (mine was Niall and Louis)

1 thing you love and 1 thing you hate about the story.

1 thing you love and 1 thing you hate about the author.
(Y'all can talk bad about me, I don't mind lol)

Anything you wish would be different?

Would you support my future projects?
(More About this in my author's note)

Last but not least,

Did you have a good time?

•••

Scroll up for the last author's note.

It's important, I have a tonne of things to say. :)

(If you can't see it when you scroll up, leave the book and open again. Hopefully that'll fix it and if not, restart the app :) )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...
12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
49.1K 1.3K 53
*this story contains mature and explicit content.* [on going] rules, secrets, and lies all get uncovered eventually. and then what remains is the b...
10.5K 586 37
Brinna Harper has worked too hard to overcome the downfall of her addict parents, until one night of fun turns into a full blown addiction of her own...