Innocence ✔

By eyeswithoutherface

NOT IN THE EVENTS OF THE GAMES. Based on ''The Last Of Us'' And ''A Plague tale: Innocence.'' Young 16-year... More

Characters.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2- Amicia
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Story Help With The Author
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47- For Each Other
A Plague Tale: Innocence And The Last Of Us
Soundtrack And More
A Plague Tale: Requiem

Chapter 11

98 6 0
By eyeswithoutherface

I felt a cold tap on my shoulder, a whisper in my ear. ''Amicia, come on...get up, time to go.'' Ellie's high tender voice entered my ears, I nodded silently and sat up, yawning as I rubbed my head. ''Went to sleep with a full belly, Right? Must had a good sleep last night.'' Teased Ellie, smiling as she put on her backpack next to her and stood up, opening the door and walking outside. I sighed and pet Hugo's head, I looked at the back of his neck. His veins were worse than before, it was just like 2 years ago when he was sick just like this, there had to be a cure. ''Hugo...Get up, we have a big day ahead of us.'' I told him, he opened his eyes and moaned, I laughed. 

''I'll let you ride on my back.'' I grinned, Hugo sat up and yawned. Ha! It always works. I smiled. ''Good Boy. Let's go.'' I took his hand and led him outside, Joel and Ellie were waiting. Ellie smiled at Hugo. ''Hey, buddy! Stay close to Joel, it's gonna be a long day.'' She sighed, staring at Joel who crossed his arms as he stared at me. ''Alright, everyone. We make our way to the town not far from here, we then cross through it and get on the other side, we then cross a bridge and see from there, you'll better stay close. Got it?'' Everyone agreed. ''Got it,'' I replied, Bending down and letting Hugo get on my back. Ellie began to walk, Joel grasped my arm as I tried to follow. I couldn't believe his grip. ''Now, you let the kid get off of your back when we enter the town, I don't want you two fooling around.'' He told me, I rolled my eyes. ''I'll take care of my brother, Joel. You take care of Ellie.'' I hissed back, raising an eyebrow. Joel sighed and rolled his eyes, walking away with Ellie as Hugo and I followed. 

A MILE LATER

''Damn it! Are we fucking there yet!?'' Ellie moaned, putting her hand on her head and trying to face Joel, who was behind Hugo and I quietly, I shouldn't have known we were walking so far, Hugo's so heavy.  I smiled slightly as Joel pointed towards an open bridge. ''Guys, stay close to me. Amicia, do you and Hugo know how to swim?'' He asked me, ignoring what Ellie had said. I nodded. ''Yes, I can. Hugo.. Not so well.'' I replied to him, sighing of the weight on my back.  ''Okay, then. Ellie doesn't know how to swim yet,  so Hugo can stick with me. Now, Listen. Like I said, stay close to me. Don't make a sound, watch what you're doing.'' Joel warned, grabbing Ellie's arm gently.  I could only see a glimpse of some brick houses on both sides of a street, rusty and old. Not a place Hugo and I would like to live in. Trembling, I nodded with everyone else and took Hugo off my back, Joel stared at him. ''Hugo, stay with me. Amicia, I don't want to hear you worry, I got him.'' I nodded and sighed, Ellie touched my shoulder. 

''You know how to kill, right?'' She asked me, I froze. 

''I-I-I have never killed a person before, Ellie.'' Ellie paused. 

''What the hell? You don't know how to kill a person?'' She hissed, I rolled my eyes and walked away, I needed to keep my innocence. Have they killed before?  If she didn't, why was she asking me? We continued to walk, Hugo kept looking at me, I shook my head. We walked over a rusty bridge, Hugo whimpered as he looked down at the water.  I touched his shoulder. ''Hey, You're okay. I'm right behind you Hugo.'' I reassured him, Joel looked to Ellie who was behind me. When all made it across the bridge, we all slowly walked inside the town. I looked to my left and right, moldy houses were scattered all around, windows were covered up and so were doors, it made me uneasy. We took a turn which leads to an open space, it smelt terrible. Suddenly, I heard a voice. No- voices. So did Joel, he gestured his hand for us to get down. Ellie pulled out her gun as Joel did as well, we all hid behind this broken piece of a barrier scattered around the place, different places.  I pulled out my sling stared at Hugo, he wouldn't stop trembling. 

I heard him whine, My heart stopped as Joel forcefully talked to him. I heard Hugo say something again, Joel pointed his finger at Hugo. The talking of our enemies grew closer, Hugo stood up and yelled, My eyes grew wide as I eyed the enemies not far from us, I frowned. 

''Hugo! Shut up! You are going to get us killed! Are you stupid or what?'' I yelled, Ellie gasped. 

That triggered Hugo. 

''I AM NOT STUPID! DON'T CALL ME THAT! I HATE YOU!'' 

Hugo yelled, I stood up and frowned at him, I looked at a group of men who held machetes and hooks in their pulsed hands. They were dressed in rag grey clothing. I saw the dirty look on thier faces as the looked at me, They were defiantly a mob. Suddenly, the men in the mob charged towards me.  ''Oh, Shit!'' Ellie yelled, She took out her gun and started shooting the mob, I watched in horror as each of the men went down one by one. I frowned. ''No! Ellie stop!'' I pleaded, my voice high as Ellie continued to shoot. Joel cursed as well and pulled out his gun, he began to shoot the blood curdling mob. As Ellie went under cover and reloaded her gun, she yelled at me. ''Amicia! You have to help! Kill someone! Please!'' She pleaded, Shooting the mob again. 

I looked at Hugo who yelled terrified as Joel punched one of the guys from the mob, I couldn't look. I took out my sling and stared at it horrified. I slowly loaded it with a rock from my leather pocket, I then stood up and aimed it at one of the guy's heads, who attacked Hugo with his machete. My heart skipped a beat. My eyes darted between Hugo and my loaded sling. My legs felt like Jell-O. My breathing was heavy as I swung the sling around, I then closed my eyes and waited to shoot the rock, It would hurt too much to look. ''I...''

I shot it. 

I shot my sling. 

I shot the rock. 

Straight at the man's head. 

I watched as he went down hard, dropping the machete and gurgling as blood came out of his mouth. 

I froze. 

I dropped my sling, I covered my hands over my mouth and dropped to my knees. 

I listened to Hugo scream. 

I am no longer innocent. 

I am a killer. 

And only a killer. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 8.6K 56
❝We are never going to be family.❞ • • • Three half-siblings, living in different situations, with enough hate to kill each other. By some joke of th...
1.9K 70 19
*spoilers for A Plague Tale: A Requiem please don't read ahead if you don't like spoilers* It's been ten long years since that fateful day in front o...
46 8 5
in which, Joel and Ella meet again 20 years later. but neither are how they remember one another, and both would rather be miles away from one anothe...
2.5K 58 16
20 years ago the world fell about due to a violent fungus now 14 year old Ashley Miller and her father Joel embark on a journey through a post apocal...