Chapter 29

I finally got some sleep. 

It's not like I wanted to, But at least I slept, Right? I slept with Hugo in the master bedroom not far from the door. Ellie and Joel slept in the other, But I believe Joel slept in a rusty un comfy chair, so he could guard the door. The bed Hugo and I sleep in was- decent. I keep tossing and turning, Hugo kept rolling over and tossing me off the bed, Ugh. When will this night be over?

I yawned and sat up from the bed, I stared at Hugo who slept quietly, the veins now began to stretch across his face. I frowned and sat up, I figured I would go for a walk....It looks like the sun is beginning to come up, That means no more rats I guess. I sighed and walked out of the room, shutting the door quietly. 

I walked into the small kitchen, I gasped when I saw Ellie there, packing her bag. 

She gasped as well, I stepped back. 

''Uh- Amicia...I can explain''-

''You're leaving....Aren't you?'' 

I hissed, She tried to hide her packed bag from me. I knew she let out a nod.

I frowned. 

I looked behind me, Joel was standing in the doorway of the kitchen. 

Ellie looked down at her sneakers, Joel walked towards me. 

''It was nice meetin you and your brother, Amicia.'' He told me, Grunting as he put on his backpack. I looked at Ellie, She put on her backpack as well. ''So, You two were just going to leave without telling me? You two expected to leave in the morning...And then Hugo and I would wake up and you two would be gone? That's fucking messed up!'' I snarled, Ellie held onto my hands. 

For some reason, I wasn't mad. Or upset.

I was just sad. 

I always have been. 

I looked into her sad green eyes for a moment, She looked into mine. 

She took me in for a Hug, I never felt a hug like this one before.

Sad. Comforting. Having to leave but not wanting to. 

I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back.  I dug my face into her jacket. 

I heard her mutter something into me, Something sad. Something she said made me feel she never wanted to let go, And neither did I. 

She pulled away and sniffled, She held my hand as we walked outside, Willy the horse was there, Joel getting Willy ready to ride, Ellie wiping tears away from her cheeks. She turned to me, choking on her tears. ''D- Don't tell Hugo, okay? I don't want him to be more trouble for you than he is.'' She fretted, I nodded. I could hear her let out a small chuckle. 

''I am going to say this again....I am going to fucking miss you, Amicia.'' She now began to cry, We hugged again. ''I'm going to miss you too...Be careful, Okay?'' I replied, I felt her head nod. ''You be careful too....I hope we see each other again.'' She wailed, I nodded back. ''Don't be a bitch when you're older, Got it? I guess just be ruthless.'' I joked to her, I felt her chuckle. ''Yeah...I will. I'll be ruthless. And you stay badass.'' She joked back to me, I let out a smile. 

I pulled away, She wiped the tears from her eyes. ''I won't forget that accent of yours, De Rune.'' She told me, I looked down at my feet. ''I won't forget your accent either, Williams.'' I replied, backing up. She smiled and looked at Joel, He let out a wink to me as he got on his horse. ''Be careful, Kid. You and Hugo...He's a lot to handle, You know what I mean.'' He orded to me, Grunting as he helped Ellie up on Willy, Ellie bting her lip. 

''I'll be careful....I promise.'' I replied, Joel nodded. 

''Good, Kid. See you sometime...You will know where we are.'' Joel winked, looking at Ellie. 

I stared at Ellie for one last time. 

''Yeah....I know where to find you.'' I replied, Ellie smiling. 

I waved goodbye as they rode away.

Farther. And farther. And Farther. 

Away.