Chapter 27

11-YEAR-OLD AMICIA

I ran as fast as I could through the rain. My boots splashing through the muddy puddles. My braided hair and clothing getting soaked. I was running with Melie right behind me, We were playing in the lake for a couple hours...But then it started to rain. I laughed and looked behind me, Melie was running so slow she was still in the entrance of the town, She has always been a slow runner. I laughed and turned around, The rain chasing into my clothing, Making me jitter as I moved. 

''Come on!! Let's go to my house, slow poke!'' I teased, I could see her roll her eyes as she ran closer. ''I don't want to go to your house! It's so boring There! Let's go to the playground!'' She replied, I shook my head as she came in front of me. 

''Sorry, I can't. I have to be home for dinner, I don' t want to walk in being wet anyway.'' I replied, The rain getting into my eyes. I quickly wiped the tears away and stared at Her, she put her hands on her hips. ''To hell with that, Amicia! Let's go have some more fun! Please!'' Melie replied, I shook my head again. ''Sorry, Melie. I can't.'' I replied uneasy from the rain, She rolled her eyes. 

''Nope, Fine. Let's go to your house...I like the luxury.'' She giggled, Holding my hand. 

I blushed fondly as rain wet my pale cheeks, I ran with her towards my house, I looked like a castle...That's what it felt like to Melie...I guess. My family has more money and food and luxury than her, I guess that's why she likes it at my house? I don't want to ask yet...We have to much fun together. 

We continued to run through the rain and we made it to my front door, I knocked frantically as Melie stuck her tongue out and let rain fall on her tongue, I frowned. ''Melie, Stop! I don't want you to get sick!'' I yelled worried, She walked up to me.  

''Oh Shut up, Loser. Come have fun with me again! Taste the rain! It's salty.'' She joking to me, I frowned and shook my head. ''No...'' I replied, She bit her lip and took my hand, leading me out of the cover of my head under the door, instead into the rain where now my hair getting soaked again, She laughed as I stuck out my tongue to the rain, but then hesitated. 

''Have a little fun, Amicia! Stop being the nice little innocent girl you are! Have fun!'' 

She told me, I bit my lip and lifted my head up, sticking out my tongue to the rain.

I could feel the tiny raindrops drop onto my tongue, I was having fun. 

I laughed as she smiled and continued to hold my hand, I blushed. 

I turned to the door as I began to open, Melie frowned as Laurentis's figure appeared in the doorway, cane in hand and a big book in the other. I smiled as he walked closer to me, fidgeting in the rain. 

''Amicia? Melanie? What are you two doing out here? Come inside! Quick!'' 

He called, I smiled as I gave him a tight hug. He let out a chuckled. I turned around to Face Melie.

But she was gone. 

I frowned and tried to see through the rain, Nothing. 

I looked towards Laurentis who stared at me, I frowned. 

''Melie? Where did you go?''

I bit my lip and walked into the rain again. 

''Melie! Come back! Where are you? Come back!''

I began to get worried every second. 

''Please...''