Spark (Kenma X Reader)

By OhJeeJay

In a world where soulmates are real, you can only find yours through touch. Once you make physical contact wi... More

Author's Note
Up and out
The First Day
The Team
Your First Practice
Hangout
The Race
Couple
The Thing About Soulmates
The Exams
Camp
ZAP
Realization
Great Job Tsukki
Suga's Side of Things
The Last Day
No
Quagmire
Telling Her
Paintball Pt.1
Paintball Pt.2
Gifts
Alone
Fin
Author's Note

Levy

2.6K 63 15
By OhJeeJay

Meeting

The half-Russian male drummed the eraser of his pencil against his desk, resting his head on his hand as his eyes fell on the trees outside. Leaves swayed gently in the September wind. Some crisp leaves floated down, spinning lightly before resting on the ground. Last week had been nothing but boring and tiring for him so he hoped this week would bring something new. And something new it brought.

The sound of the classroom door opening caught his attention. Him and everyone else turned their heads. In walked a new girl he had never seen before and his heart leaped out of his chest. Her [h/c] hair fell perfectly around her face and her [e/c] orbs made him want to faint. He had heard about a new student... but he didn't know that she would be this beautiful.

The teacher smiled "There she is. Please, Introduce yourself."

The girl nodded politely and glanced around the classroom "I'm [Y/N] [L/N], and I'm glad to be joining you all this year."

[Y/n]... Her voice rang throughout his mind, rattling around helplessly. The way he was making her feel.. She must be his soulmate! He bit his lip, sitting up straight as he heard his name.

"You can sit in the back with Haiba." The teacher said before motioning towards him. [Y/n] walked past all of the staring eyes and sat down next to Lev, clearly trying to avoid physical contact.

He looked down at the girl with excited eyes, feeling his heart race from being so close to her. "You can call me Lev!" He said, excitement leaking through his tone.

[Y/n] nodded and smiled, reaching down to grab her things. Her smile... oh her smile... it was so pretty it made him want to die. Every part of him screamed to touch her, but he didn't. She was obviously trying hard not to touch anyone at all. He couldn't help it. The entire class period, he was thinking about her.

Finally, the time came for their next class. He wanted to be around her for longer. He wanted to keep talking, he wanted to stay beside her. He stood up, grabbing his bag and looking down at her. She was clearly startled, but he was too in love to notice.

"So, [Y/N], what class do you have next?" He asked, gripping the strap of his bag tightly. He prayed prayed PRAYED she had science next

"Oh!" She glanced down at her schedule which was neatly tucked into the front pocket of her binder. "um... Science.." She mumbled, gathering her things together. His heart leaped

"Me too! Wanna walk together?" He asked, plenty of joy in his voice as he bit his lower lip 'please say yes...please say yes...please say yes...please say-"

"Oh, uh sure" She nodded and stood with him. 'FUCK YEAHHH'

Lev quickly grabbed her wrist and his heart sank. No spark. No mark. No soulmate. He tried not to show his disappointment as he dragged her to science. Soulmate or not, he wanted to be with her forever. The way she made him feel was so different and he never wanted it to go away.

-----

The Walk Home

[Y/n] hit the tall her male. It didn't hurt but he still reeled back all the same. "Tell. Me. Now!" he stayed quiet "Lev Haiba!" She shouted at him, huffing angrily.

"Fine! Just don't tell Kenma I said this, but He was staring at you for like 5 minutes."

The girl's expression instantly turned from one of frustration to one of panic. She pulled out her phone and checked her face and teeth, prodding her skin as the male continued his sentence.

"Come on. Your mom is gonna get worried."

The two of them walked the rest of the way in silence until they finally reached [Y/n]'s house. She opened her front door and turned to Lev. "Bye Lev!" she said calmly through all of her panic.

His emotions fell flat as he felt what he thought was heartbreak. He was aggravated that [Y/n] cared so much about what Kenma thought about her. His mind flashed to the moments in which the two had been blushing together and played video games together at the café. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked down.

She was almost inside when he spoke, not looking up from the ground "Do you like Kenma?" He asked with zero emotion in his voice.

"What was that?" [Y/n] asked, barely able to hear him.

He looked at her, an almost sad look in his eyes as he prayed he would get an answer that would give him hope "Do you like-"

He was cut off by her mother. "[Y/N], close the door! You're letting all the cold air out."

The girl with [e/c] eyes glared back at Ms.[L/n] and she got quiet. When she looked back at Lev he had his normal smile on his face. "Oh, it's nothing! Goodnight!" He then turned heel and walked away.

His heart ached as he took deep, pained breaths. His eyes burned as he reached his own home, ignoring his sister's questions and going straight to his room. He knew he loved [Y/n], but he knew she didn't feel the same. All he wanted was to be with her, and he was gonna do whatever it took to make sure that she would be his. He rolled onto his back, staring at the ceiling with empty eyes.

"Levochka.." Alisa said sweetly from outside the door, knocking on it lightly. "Do you wanna talk about it?.." She slowly opened the door and peered inside.

Lev rolled over to face away from her. She took that as a cue to leave but stopped when he began to speak. "Why doesn't she love me?..." he asked, whimpering softly as he tried to contain his tears.

"Lev..."

-----

Studying

It was finally time for exams and since Lev liked the new manager, he used this as an excuse to hang out with her and go over to her house. Usually, he would go over to [Y/n]'s house with Shibayama, Inuoka, Teshiro, and the others. He decided today was the day to go by himself. The half-Russian male took a deep breath before raising his hand and knocking on the door lightly. Almost instantly, the manager opened the door.

"What do you guys- Oh.. it's just you?" She cocked her head and leaned against the doorframe, crossing her arms. Lev's heart beat impatiently as he looked at her small figure and the clothes she was wearing. It wasn't anything too special... just some teal dri fit shorts and a white hoodie over it. He loved it.

"Yup! Just me.. I was wondering if you could help me..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, laughing lightly.

"I was actually just helping my mom clean the-"

"It's fine, Beanie! I've got everything else covered." Her mom was eavesdropping again and soon appeared in the doorway. "Hi Lev! Come in. Come in. I don't understand why she always makes you guys wait outside like that." [Y/n] and her mom glared at each other spitefully.

Lev knelt down and took his shoes off as his classmate began to walk up to her room. Lev quickly stood and chased after her, taking a deep breath before entering her room and sitting on the bed. Just as [Y/n] was about to close the door, her mom screamed for her to not close the door as it was 'the rules'. He glanced around the room. This wasn't his first time in here, but it was their first time alone.

Haiba sat up straight as [Y/n] flopped onto the bed. "So what do you need help with today?" She rolled over and reached under the bed, grabbing her Nerf gun and turning to face him.

He looked down at the gun with panicked eyes. "Uh.. English.." He sucked his lips in as he looked at [Y/n] who was confused.

"But you're good at English, Levy. You shouldn't need my help.." She cocked her head slightly, looking at the journal he had brought with him.

"I mean I'm good at it, but I wanna be great at it! And since you're great at it, I want your help." [Y/n]'s eyes softened as a smile grew on her features.

"Aww~ Levy!" She giggled, putting the gun down and throwing herself on top of him.

His cheeks flushed a bright red as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She giggled and pulled back, her arms slung around his neck "I'd love to help you." Closer... but not close enough.

He slowly leaned in, preparing himself to kiss the girl of his dreams. The moment he had been waiting- "[Y/N] GET OFF HIM AND START STUDYING" Her mom screamed, making them both jump. Lev fell backwards, taking the girl down with him.

"Moooommmm!~~" She whined. Her mom laughed sweetly and left the room , leaving the door cracked.

Lev's mind was left in a tizzy. He almost kissed her.. 'WTF I ALMOST KISSED HER WHAT WAS I THINKING-'

-----

No...

"Can I talk to you outside, Lev?" She spoke in a tight voice. He of course nodded, a little bit afraid of the conversation he was going to have with her.

The two walked out of the cafeteria and through the front doors. She took a deep breath. "Can you please stop trying to put me with Kozume? I'm getting-"

"Kozume? Did something happen between you two?" He crossed his arms, his eyebrows scrunching together as he analyzed the girl. He felt worried because she had never called him that in the history of like... forever.

"No... well. Y-no." She stuttered. To him, it was clear that she was hiding something. He just didn't know what it was and why she wouldn't tell him.

"[Y/N], you're my best friend. You can tell me anything, but I won't force you. I'll get Kuroo to back off a bit but I can't promise Yaku will leave the two of you alone." His voice was steady and reassuring, yet the amount of pressure the manager felt to tell him was immense. "Is th-"

"I tripped and fell on Kenma and we're soulmates!" [Y/n] blurted out, just slow enough for him to understand and quiet enough for him to be the only one to hear.

Lev stared at her in shock as he felt a pang shoot straight through his heart. He just couldn't let it show. Not now. That wasn't what she needed from him and he knew it. "Wait, really?! Hold on, you've never touched each other?!" She simply shook her head and sighed, her shoulders relaxing slightly from being able to talk to someone about it.

"Please don't tell anyone." She pleaded and he nodded, childishly zipping his lips shut.

The pain he felt was so immense, but being selfish and needy wasn't what she needed right now. She needed Lev to be her best friend and he was going to do that for her even if it hurt him. Even if he found his own soulmate, even if she and Kenma got disconnected, even if it killed him, he would always be her... best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 277 17
You're Tendou Satori's sister and you fall in love with his best friend. Your go to Karasuno as a second year. ENJOY!
128K 4.5K 19
(Y/N) (L/N), just another second year at Karasuno. During her first year, she became the manager for the tennis team. However, once her second year s...
390K 18.1K 42
" 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕒𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤. " - - - - A story where a germaphobe encounters a "broken" girl. - - - - ⚠️ Disclaimer ⚠...
852K 25.5K 18
(L/N) (F/N) is the childhood friend of Bokuto Koutarou. In middle school she had to move to America, and three years later she's reunited with her be...