Voices ☽ Teen Wolf {Book 1}

By TamiaDemarest

When Lea Martin, Lydia Martin's adoptive sister, begins to hear voices in her head, she finds it hard to con... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
Sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forth one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven

fifty

50 1 0
By TamiaDemarest

Voices

Season 3 Part 2
➳➳➳➳➳
Stiles' Point of View
I breathed heavily, trying to collect everything that's happening in this current moment. I could feel the pain in my right leg. I slide my hands around and find my phone, turning on the flashlight and looking down. Fear strucks down my spine and I let out a horrid scream. My foot is trapped in an animal trap, it's bleeding a lot and I feared that maybe I won't ever be found. What if I die down here? I found myself sobbing at the thought of dying down here, being all alone.

The sound of scraping pulls my attention away from my foot and I flash the light in every direction.

"Who's there?" I call out through my sobs. "I know you're there. I can hear you." I declare. I turn the light up towards my head, staring from the top and slowly moving down the basement, waiting to see something. I make a double take when I see a balled up figure against the wall, causing the scraping noise.

"Who are you?" I question. The figure drops what looks like an chalk stick. I hear his words echoing in my head.

"Self." The light on my phone suddenly cuts off. I pull my phone back and see the screen showing a low battery before it turns off.

"No, come on." I panicked, trying to turn it back on. I hear shuffling around and I look up. It's a bodily figure, wearing a bombers jacket. His head is wrapped in bandages and he walked a funny walk.

"Who's there? Who are you?!" I yell. The voice comes back, speaking Japanese. I fall more confused and I shake my head.

"What?" I ask. The voice continues speaking the language and I shake my head.

"I don't-I don't understand." I stutter.

"Not who are you, Stiles. Who are we?" The voice calls back. "It's getting colder, Stiles. Did you noticed we've stopped shivering? Do you know why that's a bad sign?"

"It's the body trying to conserve energy." I sniffle. "It was my fifth grade science report."

"Hypothermia. Our speech is starting to thicken. Then comes fatigue. Confusion. We're going to die if we don't get out of here."

"Stop saying that. Stop saying we." I frown.

"We're just trying to keep you from freezing to death. You better get up, Stiles."

"How? There's a freaking steel-jawed trap on my leg!" I growl.

"Is there? Notice something different? It was on your right leg before, wasn't it?"

"No." I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" I furrow my brows and look down, now seeing it on my left leg.

"What is this? What are you doing?" I sob.

"We're trying to save you, Stiles. We're trying to save your life." I wipe the tears from my cheeks, shaking my head. This is just a dream. It has to be. "You don't understand, do you? It's a riddle. Do you know any riddles, Stiles?"

"A few." I respond.

"What gets bigger the more you take away?"

"A hole."

"What gets wetter the more it dries?"

"A towel." I sniffle.

"When is a door not a door?"

"When it's ajar."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?"

"I don't-" I exhale deeply and felt a cold chill running down my back.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it, Stiles?"

"I don't know. I don't know." I sob.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." He begins speaking Japanese again and I'm left confuse even more.

"I don't know." I beg. I watched him approach the trap and he snatches it up in his hand. I let out screams of terror as he begins dragging me across the floor. I twist and turn my body, trying to find something to hold onto, something to get away from him.

"No, wait!" I scream. "Wait! Wait! Wait!"

"Stiles!"

"Wait!"

"Wait! No, wait!"

"Stiles!"

"Wait!" I sob loudly.

"Stiles, you're alright! Okay!" I open my eyes and see Agent McCall standing around me. I look down and see woman's hands wrapped around me. I inhaled deeply, turning my head and seeing Melissa. "Stiles, you're alright." She says softly. She rubs my chest and holds me tight. I breathe heavily, clutching my hands to Melissa's.

Lea's Point of View:
Melissa quietly shuts Stiles' door and she turns to Sheriff and all of us waiting for her to share the news about Stiles. Melissa and Agent McCall found him out in the woods. It was a major relief when we go that text. Lydia and I stayed behind to find any answers. We both came to the conclusion that he was at Sri hen House basement, but when we got there, Stiles was nowhere to be found.

"He's sleeping now. And he's just fine." Melissa informs us, Lydia and I holding each other's hands. "He doesn't remember much. It's a bit like a dream to him." She explains.

"Thank you." Sheriff thanks. Melissa smiles and turns away.

"It was that repellant we sprayed in the coyotes den to keep other animals out." Agent McCall informs. "I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. It was just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone."

"No, it was more than that." Sheriff says. "Thank you."

"It was a lucky connection." Agent McCall shrugs.

"McCall, can you shut up please and accept my sincere gratitude." Sheriff frowns.

"Accepted." Agent McCall nods. He then turns away.

"And you three." Sheriff points at us. "You've got school in less than six hours. Go home. Go get some sleep." It wasn't until Sheriff mentioned us getting some sleep. Scott, Lydia and I all yawned and began rubbing our eyes or leaning on each other, trying to keep ourselves standing. We all turn away and walk down the hall.

"I don't know what happened. I was so sure." I utter.

"We both were." Lydia says. "How could we be wrong? We're usually right with this kind of stuff." She sighs.

"I wasn't help much either." Scott says. "Doesn't matter, if he's okay." The sound of mental clanking fills my ears and I turn to Lydia. I let out a sigh.

"Lea?" Scott asks.

"Do you hear that?" I ask Lydia. Her mouth forms into a thin line, letting out a sigh.

"I didn't hear anything." She growls and walks away.

➳➳➳➳➳
Scott and I stood in the hallway at school. I leaned against the wall of lockers while Scott switched out books in his locker. Each and every sound I heard, it made it so like I was standing right next to the biggest speaker in the world, everything was so loud. A student shuts their locker door and I jump at the sound, letting out an annoyed sigh.

"You okay?" Scott asks me.

"Yeah." I utter. "Just a little hyper-sensitive to loud sounds today."

"How's Lydia?" He asks.

"She went home." I quickly answer. Scott holds a stare with me before he shoves a book in his backpack.

"They're doing tests on Stiles all afternoon. I was gonna go over at around 6:00 to visit. You wanna come with me?" He asks.

"I should just go home like Lydia did." I say. Another locker door slams and I jump and wince at the sound, squeezing my eyes shut.

"You sure you're okay?" Scott asks.

"Yeah." I sigh. "I'll text you later." I pull myself from the wall of lockers and walk away from Scott. As much as I wanted to visit Stiles at the hospital, I knew that I just needed to be alone. Being alone seemed a little more important.

I quickly walk to my jeep, unlock the doors and climb in. In start the engine and found myself driving around the town instead of driving straight home like I had planned. Eventually, the metal clanking sound fills my ears and I park myself in a vacant shopping mall. I lean back in my seat, closing my eyes and breathing heavy. Seconds go by and the sound grows louder. I shift my eyes to the radio and turn the volume up, hoping to block out the sound. But just as I turn the radio up, the clanking went up. I sat in the drivers side for a while longer, feeling myself going insane. I squeeze my eyes shut, cover my ears and lean over. I let out whimpers, wishing this sound would end. Finally, I slam my hands on the steering wheel and let out a scream.

Stiles' Point of View:
I sat on the table in the MRI room. Scott came to visit me. I don't remember much of what happened last night. It was all like a dream to me. But it all felt so real.

"Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to bear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulse of electricity going through metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want, we can go get you earplugs or headphones." My doctor informs.

"No, no, no, no. I don't need anything." I say.

"Hey, we're just on the other side of that window." Dad smiles at me.

"Okay." I nod. Scott walls closer to me, keeping his eyes away from mines. With all the tests they've been doing on me this afternoon, they didn't wanna tell me at first, but I figured it out. I knew. But even now, even when they told me, it still scared me. It's like getting told you've got cancer, and there's no way to beat it. Sure, with stage four of any cancer, you still get to go down fighting. But with this, there's literally nothing you can do to stop it, slow it. Nothing.

"You know what they're looking for, right?" I ask Scott. "It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink." I sigh, trying to hold back my tears. "It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure." I explain.

"Stiles, if you have it...we'll do something." Scott and I finally lock eyes. "I'll do something." He says. I pull up and open my arms. Scott and I lock arms together and we both sit here for a while hugging. Scott and I don't do a lot of hugging. But in this moment, we're about to find out if I'm gonna die within a few weeks, months. This could be the last hug Scott and I give each other. Could be the last hug Scott will ever get of me.

I told Scott to go ahead and leave. I didn't want him listening to the doctor telling dad, Melissa and I what's going on in my brain. Besides that, maybe he can figure out more about the Nogitsune and stop it somehow.

A nurse soon walks in and helps me lie down. She gives me a pillow and covers my body with a blanket. She shows me a smile and soon exits the room. I look around and felt a little awkward as the machine begins to move me backwards and into the circular machine.

"Okay, Stiles." I hear the doctor over a speaker box. "This will take about 45 minutes to an hour. Now remember, try not to move. Even just a little bit." I wanted to shift and let myself get comfortable. Maybe I'll fall asleep and this will go by faster. "Stiles, you're going to hear that noise now. It's going to be a loud clanging. Kinda like a hammer hitting an anvil." The doctor describes. The sound he mentions behind and I felt myself grow uneasy. The longer I lied here, the more uneasy I grew. I inhaled deeply, let out a small whimper and squeeze my eyes shut.

The sound finally stops. I hear nothing but silence. I open my eyes and noticed I was standing up. I look around everyone on the other side of the window seeming clueless of my actions.

"Have you figured out my riddle yet, Stiles?" I turn around and see him standing over by the MRI. "If you answer correctly, we might consider letting them go." He says.

"Letting who go?" I ask, hearing the audible shakiness in my voice.

"Your friends. Your family. Everyone who ever meant something to you. We're going to destroy all of them, Stiles. One by one!" He growls, standing at the window. We look at Melissa, dad and the doctor staring at the computer. Dad looks terrified and hopeless as Melissa rubs his shoulder, comforting him.

"Why?" I ask.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it-"

"I don't know." I begin crying.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" He growls. His hands pull up to his head and he begins unwrapping the bandage. I squeeze my eyes shut and turn around. His voice raises and he begins to roar out the riddle. I cover my ears, letting out sobs, wishing I'd wake up.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it! What is it? What is it?!"

"I don't know!" I shout. The answer finally pops in my head. My eyes shoot open and I stand frozen for a second.

"What is it, Stiles?" I hear a whisper.

"Shadow." I whisper. I slowly turn around and see another me, standing in the bombers clothes. I stared at myself. I had dark, deep circles around my eyes. A glare that could kill. A stance of power. I watch the corner of my mouth pull up into a devilish smirk...

I open my eyes and found myself lying back down in the MRI. The lights around begin to flicker and I turn my head. The sound of the electricity cackles. Seconds later, the power goes out and everything goes black...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 84.4K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
62.8K 217 11
As the title says
187K 4K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...
31.2M 849K 63
QB Bad Boy and Me movie coming out soon in 2024! WATTPAD ORIGINAL EDITION Dallas Bryan is focused on her future, but whenever she's around Drayton L...