Requiem of the Broken

By kendilish

When All Might died, killing All for One in the process... the world was left wanting for a new icon as villa... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Dark Nights
Chapter 2: And So It Begins
Chapter 3: Races and Remembrance
Chapter 4: Stoneside Coincidence
Chapter 5: Monument
Izuku
Chapter 6: Thunder and Lightning
Chapter 7: The Card
Chapter 8: Vertigo
Chapter 9: Relax
Izuku II
Chapter 10: First Contact
Chapter 11: Arrival
Chapter 12: Reunion
Chapter 13: Blitzkrieg
Chapter 14: Broken Chains
Chapter 15: The Hounds of Zeus
Chapter 16: Aftermath Meetings
Chapter 17: Recruitments
Izuku III
Chapter 18: Plans and Preparation
Chapter 19: Operation Blackrock
Chapter 20: The Depths
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Dead Dreams
Chapter 23: Apprentice
Izuku IV
Chapter 24: Frenzy
Chapter 25: Debrief
Chapter 26: Eri
Chapter 27: A Day In
Chapter 28: Nightcap
Chapter 29: Connections
Chapter 30: Mind Dive
Izuku V
Chapter 31: Dark Encounters
Chapter 33: Assault on Mufustafu
Chapter 34: Predator and Prey
Izuku VI
Chapter 35: Cooldown
Chapter 36: A Dark Horizon
Chapter 37: Bargain
Chapter 38: Old Ties
Izuku VII
Chapter 39: Operation Kiso
Chapter 40: Death and Darkness
Chapter 41: Strangers Reunion
Chapter 42: Past Unveiled
Chapter 43: Reflection
Izuku VIII
Chapter 44: A Bargain Upheld
Chapter 45: Reconnaissance
Chapter 46: The Calm
Chapter 47: The First Step
Izuku IX
Chapter 48: Cometh the Hour
Izuku X
Chapter 49: Operation Hiraishin
Chapter 50: Encroaching Shadows
Chapter 51: Wildfire
Chapter 52: Doorstep to Olympus
Chapter 53: Wrath of Olympus
Chapter 54: The Fall of Mufustafu
Chapter 55: Fallen Angels
Chapter 56: Lord of the Hounds
Chapter 57: Evil Salvation
Chapter 58: Lost and Found
Chapter 59: Lost Legacy
Chapter 60: QUEESS
Chapter 61: Rebirth
Chapter 62: Twin Angels
Chapter 63: The Final Condition
Chapter 64: Ashen Light
Chapter 65: Bloody Silence
Chapter 66: The Storm
Chapter 67: Titans
Chapter 68: Thin Line
Chapter 69: Remains
Chapter 70: Red Sun
Chapter 71: Lasting Pain
Chapter 72: At the Beginning
Chapter 73: Duel of the Fates
Chapter 74: Requiem
Epilogue
Authors Note
Update

Chapter 32: Fenrir

82 4 0
By kendilish

"The fuck are you?" asked Bakugo, trying to stall for time while he did some quick thinking.

"Fenrir, at your service. Though, in this case, I'm afraid it's Zeus's service. See I got a job to do, and part of that job is taking back the girl Eri, and if possible, kill three specific heroes if convenient. You just so happen to be on that list." Said the man casually, as if he were simply shooting the breeze in a bar.

Fenrir then turned to look at The Hunter, "As for you, I don't care. You can go do whatever for all I care." he said.

The Hunter's eyes narrowed. "If you intend to kill him, then it's become my business. I'm not about to let a hero die to one of you villainous bastard." growled The Hunter, his narrowed eyes blazing in anger.

Fenrir merely shrugged. "That's rather surprising, I thought you two were just fighting a moment ago." he inquired, arching one eyebrow.

"We may be on different sides, but we have similar goals. Namely, taking care of villains like you by almost any means necessary." snarled The Hunter in response, a scowl plain on his face.

Bakugo looked to The Hunter, and their eyes met. They knew without having to say anything. While it rankled Bakugo to do so, pairing up The Hunter seemed to be necessary. Better to fight together against the same foe, rather than fight separately.

Fenrir gave a great heaving sigh and cracked his neck.

"A two on one fight, haven't had one of those in a long time. I really hope you two manage to make this at least moderately entertaining, otherwise, I'll just feel bad when I snap your necks." Said Fenrir.

Fenrir just stood there though and made no move to attack. After a few moments, he motioned at the two of them. "Well come on, I don't have all night. Since I'm the challenger I'll be a good sport and let you two have the first move." He said, raising his eyebrows in expectation.

That was all the invitation Bakugo needed, and he launched himself at the man. The Hunter did the same, sprinting at the man and throwing a couple of knives at him while he did so.

The man didn't seem perturbed by the attacks, but in a sudden burst of movement that belied his age, he caught the knives out of the air and then performed a mid-air roundhouse kick. The kick hit Bakugo in the side and was sent flying into the far wall. Bakugo hit the wall with a force that a man in his 70's or 80's shouldn't have been able to deliver. Bakugo got to his feet, shook his head to clear it, and focused on the fight while he got up.

For the first time since Bakugo had seen him, The Hunter actually fought with his full arsenal. Dual-wielding his wakizashi and katana, Bakugo fully appreciated just how skilled and dangerous The Hunter truly was. He went at Fenrir with a fury that bordered on fanaticism, the blades a whirlwind of deadly precision. Even Fenrir seemed shocked as he was rapidly forced to give ground, deflecting blows away from his body with arms, the blades sliding off without so much as nicking him. 

Bakugo got up and ran at the fight, throwing arcing explosions that curved around The Hunter and came at Fenrir from the sides. Despite the onslaught coming at him, he somehow managed to front flip over The Hunter and kick him from behind and into the explosions. The explosions weren't designed to be incredibly powerful as they lost a lot of their power due to travel distance and time, but they were a nuisance and if the opponent was careless could still hurt.

The resulting explosions didn't phase The Hunter very much, but they served to turn the initiative of the fight around. Fenrir pushed off the ground with one leg as he landed and boosted backward into the disoriented Hunter and hit him with a devastating reverse lariat. The Hunter was sent flipping forward, end over end into the blast weakened wall, and went straight through it.

Then Bakugo was in close with Fenrir, he blasted himself sideways and sent a diagonal series of condensed explosions. Their effective range was much shorter, but their power was greatly magnified and they wouldn't get in the way of nearby allies due to the blast being limited to only a few feet in size. 

Fenrir put an arm in front of himself for defense and the explosion burned his shirt sleeve to ashes but only succeeded in burning the fur on Fenrir's arm.

Bakugo cursed inwardly at the monster's durability and unleashed a point-blank chain explosion. The blasts magnified each successive explosion and actually managed to push Fenrir back a few steps, not forced to use both arms to shield himself. The massive blast blew the roof off of the warehouse, and as a result of the smoke and dust, Bakugo didn't see Fenrir until it was too late.

A hand shot out of the obscuring smoke and dust, grabbed him by his shoulder, and then pulled him straight into a devastating right hook. Bakugo's head snapped backward and he felt his nose break, causing blood to burst out of his nose and dribble down his front. Then he felt himself get thrown onto the floor, and by sheer instinct he detonated a blast with his left hand, causing him to avoid the quick stomp from Fenrir's massive foot.

Bakugo sent a blast underneath himself and went flying into the air. He spun in the air and looked down at Fenrir, who looked up at him. Bakugo grinned and thrust both arms towards the giant of a man and unleashed his upgraded AP Machine-Gun, Gatling Blast.

The expulsions rained down on the villain like hellfire, the explosions blowing that entire side of the warehouse apart and causing the rest to collapse on itself. He kept up the onslaught for several seconds before stopping. He guided himself down to the ground a fair distance away and just waited. Given the durability displayed so far, he doubted that attack killed him. He stood, hunched over ready to react at a moment's notice when he felt that cold breeze again and the smoke dissipated. Revealing a well singed Fenrir in a furious fight with The Hunter.

The Hunter had apparently gotten the drop on Fenrir just after the attack stopped since Bakugo could see several fresh cuts on Fenrir's chest. They oozed blood slowly but were nothing significant. What caught his eye though was the fact that Fenrir had a mutant type quirk. His clothes had been mostly burned away by Bakugo's attack, revealing his arms, chest, and legs to be covered in moderately long, curly, thick fur. It had likely been pure white originally, but as he aged it seemed to have slowly transitioned into a grey leaving only patches of pure white left.

Bakugo launched himself at the fight, closing in and releasing several blasts at the man's fur-coated back. He altered his blasts to prioritize heat, replicating the effects of thermite and trying to burn the protective fur away.

The blasts only succeded in burning off a small amount of fur, nowhere enough to be able to cut through it all and reveal the vulnerable skin beneath. Switching targets, Bakugo tried to release a blast at the man's un-furred face, but Fenrir lunged to the left avoiding the blast.

The lunge also served to get him closer to The Hunter, who sent a slash towards the man's arm, only to have his wakizashi skid across the fur, like some kind of steel armor. Then Fenrir tackled The Hunter full-on and bowled him to the floor. Bakugo sent a condensed blast into Fenrir's side in an attempt to check his momentum, but Fenrir had instead rolled over the top of The Hunter, avoiding the attack. Then from his crouching stance, Fenrir swept his left leg to the side along the ground and into The Hunter, sending The Hunter straight into Bakugo. They were sent backward, skidding across the ground until they stopped.

At once they leaped to their feet, and both the combatants glanced at each other. Bakugo couldn't see the expression on The Hunter's face due to the mask he wore, but Bakugo could sense the wild look in his eyes and he doubted he looked much better.

"I must admit you two are impressive. That explosive rain rattled me quite a bit, and you must have some seriously sharp blades with some serious strength behind them to cut through by fur like that." Said Fenrir, getting up and rolling his shoulders.

"You're pretty tough yourself, I can count one hand how many people are capable of taking my blasts with only minor singing." Said Bakugo, really starting to enjoy the fight now.

To all three of them, fights like this were like a drug. The sense that you may die at any time, with only your own skill and prowess being the key to your survival. They reveled in the thrill of the fight, no matter how they might try to deny it.

"I feel as if I've been unfair, here you both are, trying your hardest and I haven't had the courtesy to do the same. Age must really be getting to me, I've been out of the system too long, got too arrogant, and far too sloppy." Said Fenrir, mumbling the last part to himself.

Then Bakugo felt that chill air again and he was sure it was coming from Fenrir as he suspected. The breeze turned into a full-on gale a half-second later, pushing both himself and The Hunter backward as they struggled to stay standing.

They watched as Fenrir grew in size until he was at least 4 meters tall, his fur grew longer covering his entire body, his clothes simply fell off as what remained was stretched to the breaking point. His hands increased in size and became giant claws, his feet following suit. His legs stretched and morphed to become like that of a dog's hind legs. Frost formed across the landscape, and the moonlight reflected off his eyes. His head morphed into that of a giant wolf, massive teeth forming and long incisors on the top and bottom of his mouth sticking out like tusks.

"He has second damn form?  The fuck is this?" Thought Bakugo.

When it was all over, Fenrir stood staring at them with unblinking eyes. Bakugo felt goosebumps form all over and he knew that he was going to have to get serious about what came next. He hated getting serious, cause it meant that he was going to have to be ready to die at a moment's notice.

Then Fenrir's leg muscles flexed and in one bound he close the distance in a heartbeat. Giant claws came at the two and they only had enough time to block the attacks before being sent flying through the air. They hit a building and crashed through it into a series of offices.

Bakugo grunted as he started to get up, grumbling to himself. "The bastard hits as hard as a High-End Nomu." 

"I think he hits harder, actually." Said The Hunter in response, clambering to his feet.

Bakugo filed that statement away for later and looked through the hole in the building to see Fenrir stalking towards the building casually. Bakugo leveled a gauntleted arm towards Fenrir and then pressed a series of buttons on the neckpiece of his suit. He felt several dozen small needlepoint tubs dig themselves into his veins and channel small amounts of blood into the hexagonal capsules storing his sweat across his suit. He felt a phantom connection between himself and the capsules, always a strange feeling, and fired an Explosive Snipe. The resulting blood-red blast blew into Fenrir's shoulder. He had intended to try and blow his entire head off, but the dust cloud threw his aim off. The shot still blew Fenrir off his feet and tumbling to the ground.

Bakugo hated using his blood as a catalyst, it hurt, and it was very self-destructive over time. If it ever came to it he could even detonate himself wholesale. He didn't know how strong the blast would be, but seeing how little sweat it took to produce supermassive explosions, he was sure that if he detonated all the blood in his body he'd at least hit a half-mile radius, if not larger. He even came close to using his Final Move once during the war. Back before the angels had emerged, he'd contemplated blowing himself up to try and take Shigaraki with him.

"Damn, that was a nice hit!" Said Fenrir, sounding impressed.

"Unfortunately, I learned how to deal with attacks like that decades ago." Fenrir got up and pulled something off his shoulder. A slab of shattered ice fell to the ground with a loud clunk and they saw ice reform itself around the shoulder.

"See, before I retired, or thought I did, I did the gladiator's death battle circuit back in Europe. Illegal of course, and always to the death, but damn if it wasn't fun. I became the ten-year champion of the circuit, a record that is yet to be broken. I've killed more people than you can count, and I've seen every trick in the damn book. So your gonna have to do something more than up your output to get past me." boasted Fenrir.

"He's got the physical strength and durability of Muscular, and condensed ice armor on top of that." Thought Bakugo, scowling at the man. Honestly, he wasn't sure if he could beat him, he was already tired from fighting The Hunter earlier, and by the looks of it, The Hunter was in the same boat.

That wasn't to say he didn't have options, Fenrir was tough and thoroughly experienced but so was Bakugo. He definitely had a few tricks left up his sleeve, at the very least he was gonna make the bastard really work for it.

________________________________________________

Nezu was doing paperwork when his personal phone began to ring. He set his pen down and answered,

"Yes?" he asked.

"It's Hawks, wanted to let you know that our vigilante friend popped in to see the girl." Said Hawks.

"And the bad news?" asked Nezu, sighing. A call from Hawks on his personal number was rarely good.

"Bakugo Katsuki went after him, but when we tried to get an update about five minutes after his first check-in we couldn't reach him. We can't say for certain but we think he's being jammed." Said Hawks grimly.

"Jammed? Do we have any indication of where he might be?" asked Nezu, suddenly fearful. They couldn't afford to lose an asset like Bakugo, not like this anyways.

"Oh he is definitely in the industrial district, kinda hard to miss the guy once he gets going, but the nearest heroes are gonna take at least 3-5 minutes to get there. That kid can really cover ground when he wants to." Replied Hawks

Nezu did some quick thinking, "He should be fine, he can take care of himself but tell them to get a move on. The last we can afford is to lose someone like Katsuki" Said Nezu, bring up a map of the district on his computer.

"Should we call the rest of 1A?" asked Hawks.

"Not quite yet. If they are in the industrial district then it's more than possible that the building they are in may be interfering with the signal. Unless things escalate we'll neglect to inform them for now. Especially Uraraka, she's in a precarious enough position as is. That being said, let Todoroki and Eijiro know. They are already involved but try not to spook them." Said Nezu, putting a paw to his chin in thought.

"A- ight- a- lse-...." Suddenly Hawks broke up in a burst of sudden static.

Nezu instantly hung up, then quickly made another call. As it rang he hopped off his chair and made his way to the door. When the call failed, he hung up and called a different number.

"Nezu? what's wro-" came Naomasa's voice from the other side of the line, before Nezu suddenly cut him off.

"Communications to the industrial district and the Mufustafu hospital have been jammed. Assume enemy forces have breached the city and are currently focusing their efforts on the hospital, likely an attempt to retrieve Eri. We have already lost communication with Katsuki, Hawks, Todoroki, and Kirishima. The enemy likely has a functioning teleporter, they could appear anywhere, assume the worst, and scramble everything." Said Nezu quickly, while heading to the Support Department of the school.

"Understood," said Naomasa, his tone switching to his professional one.

"I'm heading to the tower as we speak, get ready to patch me through to everyone." Said Nezu as he sprinted down the hallways.

"Got it, I'll fire up the tower here as well." Said Naomasa before hanging up.

Nezu put his phone away and kept running until he finally got to the relatively new elevator in the heart of U.A.'s administration section. He put in the code, then the scanner lit up. He put his paw on the device and a second later the door slid open soundlessly.

He hopped into the elevator, closed the doors, and in the span of ten-second had reached the top of the 50-meter tall tower. He walked out the elevator into the small control room, and the floor lit up and at his command, a tactical holo of the city appeared. Crude, and unrefined it was still one of the most advanced military command posts in Japan. With this tower, along with the help of several others across the city, he could form a rough holo of the city and connect to any registered communication device. During the war, a portable version had rigged up on the back of a large vehicle, with Nezu and several other military personnel going with it. From it, they had organized and operated the war effort. They could display holos of the battlefield, and while it couldn't show people, objects and terrain were simple. People were instead seen as green dots on the blue light backdrop due to special ID tags that were keyed to bio signs. Should someone remove it or they die, the dot would wink out. Best of all, so far as they knew, it was impossible to jam.

It took a few moments to fire up the network, during which time we affixed the headpiece to himself. Then when it was ready, he waited for the communicators carried by all heroes, certain policemen, and the QSU tactical personnel to appear.

Five minutes later, we has communicating with and organized the response teams. It was as he feared, enemy forces had been teleported into the city. Several enemy squads had even warped in around the hospital, some even on top. Todoroki, Kirishima, and several others were already engaged in combat. Other heroes across the city also reported enemy forces, like distractions so they could focus their efforts on the hospital and whatever other objectives they may have.

For the second time in the city's history, it was under siege.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 11.2K 47
Faltering, the villain known as Deku is struck by a mighty blow from the Number One hero, All Might. Upon awakening, he finds that he remembers nothi...
15.8K 604 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
339K 13.1K 37
Bakugo Katsuki and Izuku Midoryia. unsuspecting of both of them become vigilantes... secretly the UA Traitors. no one knows though... In a freak acci...
985K 18.3K 151
Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka are two pro heroes in training and promising ones at that. They attend UA High which is well known for producing po...