Death, Love and the Emerald R...

By Lilly_Maximoff

Director Fury recruits Lilith Avenal, a known killer and patient at a mental institution, to be an Avenger bu... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Epilogue
~Bonus~

Chapter nine

6.4K 195 35
By Lilly_Maximoff

-Third Person Point of View-

"Oh come on Parker, don't be shy!" Lilith said chasing the young boy around the Avenger's Tower.

"Lilith get that thing away from me!" Peter shouted jumping over the Kitchen counter island. Lilith jumped over the counter running after Peter. The two ran into the dining room where the team was eating pancakes which Clint had made for breakfast.

"Come here Peter! ~" Peter slid across the floor behind Thor who stood with a pop tart in his hand. Lilith stopped right in front of Thor and tried to peer around him to see Peter.

"What the hell is going on?" Sam asked. Lilith rolled her and revealed the little creature which sat in her hands. "Why do you have a spider?"

"We found him in the garden and Peter is terrified of him, I on the other hand think he's adorable" Lilith stroked the spider with her finger, it crawled along her hand making Peter shriek.

"The spiderling is afraid of... spiders?" Loki deadpanned.

"Ironic isn't" Wanda said eating her pancakes. Peter glared at the team making Lilith cackle as she set the spider on her shoulder.

"We should burn it and all of it's kind" Peter said glaring at the spider which sat comfortably in Lilith's palm.

"Lilith, I have good news for you" Cap said placing down his coffee. He slid a file across the table to Lilith, it was a SHIELD file. Lilith gasped in delight and opened it. "It's-"

"My first mission! What is it?" Lilith said tossing the spider aside and flicking through the file excitedly. "Oh... an interrogation.... cool" Lilith's excitement faded in an instant. She hoped for a Hydra base takedown, or a secret undercover mission, not some crappy interrogation. Behind her Peter flailed about as the spider crawled along his arms making him making him screech.

"Cheer up, they'll get better I promise" Nat said reassuringly, Lilith rolled her eyes at the assassin.

"Says the gorgeous assassin bad ass to the crazy chick who's on so much medication that she sees stars" Lilith said sarcastically making Pietro snicker. "Shush Pietro I'm still mad at you and Bucky!"

"Oh come on! It was funny! I'll but you ice-cream to makeup for it" Pietro smirked as Bucky nodded sliding some cash across the table.

"Fine" Lilith narrowed her eyes at the boys and stuffed the cash into her pocket. 

"If it makes you any better your furniture arrived today" Tony added. She smiled and shut the SHIELD file flinging it back to Steve, her mood slightly raising.

"Would you boys mind setting it up for me while I complete my mission" Lilith gave the boys an innocent pout instantly melting their hearts.

"Of course kid, you better get ready, Maria is picking you up in twenty minutes. SHIELD left you some clothes to wear in your room" Tony ruffled Lilith's hair as he walked out with Bruce to the lab.

Lilith rushed off to her room to get ready bouncing in anticipation. 

~~~

Lilith and Agent hill arrived at headquarters and waiting for them was Director Nick Fury looking angrier than usual. Lilith couldn't help but fiddle with the clothes they had given her. It was black pants, a black jacket and a plain white T-shirt. It was incredibly boring, she couldn't even wear jewellery!

"Agent Hill, Agent Avenal" Fury said nodding to each girl.

"Oh I'm an agent now? Thanks Nicky" Lilith patted Fury's shoulder as she walked past him into the building. Inside were rows and rows of agents typing away at computers and talking into earpieces at 100 miles a minute. Agents walked in and out of doorways and glass elevators.

"Lilith, this way please" Maria led Lilith down a narrow hallway to a room that was dark and small. Along the wall was a glass window which looked into another room where a man sat hand cuffed to a table. "Did you read the case file we sent you?"

"Mostly skimmed through it but I think I got gist of it. Interrogate the dude, found out if he killed this other dude who was an uncover SHIELD agent, blah blah blah" Lilith said gesturing with her hands.

"That's extremely simplified but yeah..." Maria said a little annoyed. Lilith stared at the man in the room on the other side of the glass. He had short blonde hair, tan skin, and a large scar over his right eye. He looked intimidating but nothing she couldn't handle. Fury walked in through the door.

"Agent Avenal are you ready?" Fury eyed the woman with his one eye.

"Sure am Nicky" Lilith left the room and walked into where the man was being kept. "Hello sir, I'm Lilith" she said sitting in the chair across from him.

"Hello gorgeous" the man said in a deep voice. "Have they sent you in here to interrogate me? Normally they would send a man, not some... little girl" Lilith clenched her jaw. She wanted to punch this man in the face, but she had to keep her innocent façade.

"Yes, well I suppose I'm all they had. Tell me sweetie, what's your name?"

"James Garrison, nice to meet you sweet cheeks" the man said with a smirk on his face, Lilith gave him the sweetest smile she could muster.

"Tell me James and be honest" Lilith said leaning across the table and resting her head in her hand, "did you kill him, Agent Smith?"

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about darlin" James said but with a menacing look in his eyes.

"You will" Lilith closed her eyes and the single hanging light in the interrogation room began to flicker and swing. In the corner of the room appeared a tall and slim man. He was dressed in a SHIELD uniform and was as white as a, well, ghost. James's eyes widened and he tried to stand up and run but his hands were tightly handcuffed to the table.

"W-what the hell!" James cried out. Lilith opened her eyes to look at James.

"This is the man you murdered right? Agent Smith? Doesn't matter if you deny or confirm, I can ask him myself and use that against you" Lilith said casually tapping on the table.

"I thought you were dead! I killed you!" James screamed out terrified. Lilith rolled her eyes and stood up out of her seat. She looked at the glass which the two agents were behind and gave them a wave before leaving. As Lilith left Fury chased after her out into the car park.

"Avenal! Wait!"

"No way Fury that totally sucked! I could have done that from back at the tower!" Lilith called to him not turning around. Lilith got into the SHIELD van and started it up. She rolled down the window to look at the Director. "I'm borrowing this by the way" Lilith smiled and waved at the fuming director before driving back to the tower. It was a little difficult considering she never got her licence but that's what the ghost were for.

~~~

Lilith arrived back at the tower holding a pint of cookie dough ice-cream and flopped onto the couch in the library were Loki sat reading his book with a cup of tea in hand. Loki noticed her enter the room and looked over to see her sad pout.

"Are you okay Lilith?" Loki asked putting away his book. Lilith looked up at him with said eyes.

"No. My first mission sucked, it was over in about five minutes, I think Fury's mad at me for stealing the SHIELD van to get back here and they put me in this!" Lilith pouted gesturing to her attire. Loki furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but shrugged it off. 

"And you ended up buying ice cream to eat your sadness away?" Lilith nodded hugging the ice cream to her chest.

"Was your first mission boring Loki? Did it suck just as much as mine?"

"My first mission was infiltrating a Hydra base with the other Avengers actually" Loki said sipping his herbal tea. Lilith glared daggers at Loki who smirked behind his cup. "If it makes you feel better, I ended up getting thrown out a window and Thor had to save me because they restricted my powers." Lilith let out a chuckle and grinned at the god.

"Still cooler than mine" Lilith smiled sadly at the roaring fire in front of them. Loki looked at her with sympathy until a thought popped into his head.

"I and the others finished setting up you room, would you like to see it?" Lilith's eye lit up.

"Yes! Let's go!" Lilith tried to run off, but Loki caught her arm.

"No need for that" green magic swirled around and engulfed the them. Suddenly they were in Lilith's new room. The walls were painted a red that was red as blood and covered in band posters. Along the back wall was a Queen sized bed with black sheets that faced a massive tv. In the corner of the room was a desk and a massive dark bookshelf with small gold accents that took up nearly the whole wall. On it where the books Lilith had bought with Nat and Pepper plus some new additions Loki had gifted to her. On the floor there laid a fluffy rug that felt like a cloud and in the other corner of the room sat a giant dark crimson bean bag. Lilith's eye lit up.

"Thank you!" Lilith wrapped her arms around Loki before flopping onto the bed. Loki smiled at the girl as she rushed around her new room.

-Lilith Avenal-

Sorry if the description for the bedroom wasn't clear - was kind of hard to visualise

~ Lilly <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

344K 8.6K 30
What would happen if the Winchesters figured out they had a sister? Would they go find her or leave her to live her life? **going through extreme (an...
684K 14.1K 38
Percy Jackson Fan-fiction Isabelle Olympus thinks she is an ordinary girl until one day she takes a bus ride that throws her into a world of Greek go...
224K 8.2K 36
"you trust me?", he asked incredulously. "if i said i did, would you believe me?" "no.", he sa...
182K 4.9K 31
Lucy knows she's weak and thinks about leaving Fairy Tail. But, she decides to stay until a girl named 'Lissana' gives her second thoughts. She leav...