Hidden in Plain Sight // A Sp...

By _irrational

[IN PROGRESS] It's a Spiderfrost (Peter x Loki) fanfic where a bunch of crazy stuff happens. Just read it, do... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
PSA/Update

Chapter 51

984 47 24
By _irrational

Yeah yeah it's a day late. Oh well, enjoy anyway.

Peter's POV

We swung across the city. Loki clung to me, his face buried in my shoulder. I decided to slow down and not do any fancy tricks or maneuvers, for fear that it would terrify Loki even more.

We touched down at our first destination. Loki jumped down off of me, wobbly on his feet.

"This is the café where you and I first met," I explained, gesturing at the entrance.

Loki's dizzy spell vanished in an instant and he tried to enter.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Wait a minute. Most people freak out when they see someone like you. Can you disguise yourself to look human?"

Loki tilted his head to the side.

"Imagine yourself to look like me."

He closed his eyes and turned into an exact replica of myself.

"No, I mean, look like a combination between you and me."

Loki transformed again and this time he had bright pink hair and tan skin.

I sighed. "Close enough. Wait here, I'm going to go change in the alley."

I took the backpack that Loki offered in his outstretched hands. When I came back in my change of clothes, he had changed his appearance once more. He had short black hair and pale skin.

"That's better," I told him, taking his hand. "Let's go."

The bell jingled as we entered. The barista glanced up as we approached the counter.

"How can I help you today?"

I looked over the menu on the wall. "We'll have a strawberry smoothie and a iced caramel macchiato."

"Size?"

"Medium for both, please."

She pressed a few buttons on her screen. "Seven dollars and fifteen cents. Would you like a receipt?"

I handed her eight dollars. "No thank you."

"It'll be out in a moment, we'll bring it to you," She said, giving back the change.

I thanked her and led Loki to the seat we inhabited at our first meeting. I weaved through the crowded tables and plopped down in our booth, which was thankfully empty.

Loki hesitantly took the spot across from me.

"Okay. You see over there?" I asked, pointing to a table across the room. "When we first met, the others were sitting right there, and we didn't even notice! Can you believe that?"

Loki looked excited. He waved his arms in the air, waving his hands and pointing to his head.

I tried to make sense of it, but the meanings were lost to me. "I'm sorry, I don't understand."

His movements grew frantic and he huffed in frustration. He opened his mouth and garbled noises came out.

"Are you trying to speak?" I asked, shock etched on my face.

Loki gave no indication that he heard and kept trying. Eventually he was able to squeeze out, "Erase Tony."

My jaw dropped. "We erased Tony's memory. That's right."

Loki looked pleased with himself.

I ran a hand through my hair. "You remembered? How?"

Loki fiddled with a straw wrapper and waved vaguely.

"The environment maybe? Being here with me? Maybe its because something specific sparked your memory," I pondered to myself. "Well anyway it's working. That's all that matters."

Loki crumpled his wrapper into a ball and lobbed it at me. It bounced off my forehead and fell under the table. Before I decide whether to laugh or scold him, a woman in the café uniform  approached our table.

She set down the two drinks. "Caramel macchiato and a strawberry smoothie?"

"Yes ma'am! Thank you!" I said.

She smiled and walked away. Loki grabbed the coffee first, and despite the sugar of the caramel, he cringed at the bitter taste.

"That's for me, silly," I laughed. "I got you the other one."

Loki slid the drink to me and picked up the brightly colored smoothie instead. He drank this one with no problems and he finished his before I did. He grinned, his teeth stained red, and leaned back in his seat.

"So next I thought maybe we could go to my old apartment," I mumbled around a mouthful of coffee. "It shouldn't be occupied yet. They are still investigating Aunt May's disappearance." I trailed off, mindlessly stirring my drink.

Loki put his hand on top of mine. I blinked away my sadness.

"Are you ready to go?"

Loki dipped his head.

I finished the last few drops of the macchiato and stood up. I threw my cup in the trash and we exited the café.

I quickly re-changed into my costume, handed the bag to Loki, and we took off. Loki seemed less fearful the second time around, he watched the surrounding fly by and didn't squeeze as tightly.

I spotted my apartment building from afar and my muscles triggered without me telling them to, so familiar with the path back. We swung around to the side of the building and stuck to the wall right next to my window. I easily slid it open and maneuvered myself into the small opening, careful not to hit Loki against the frame.

Loki got down from my back. I pulled up my mask. The room smelled faintly of Aunt May's cookies. As I carefully wandered I was hit with a bout of nostalgia. I brushed my desk, my fingertips stirring up the thin layer of dust.

"Do you remember this place?" I whispered, scared of disturbing the peace that settled over me.

I spotted my phone and bent to pick it up. It was dead. I grabbed the charger that rested in an outlet and gripped both tightly. I turned to find Loki, panic and claustrophobia clawing at my throat.

He was bent over my game console where we played video games that first night.

"Loki?" I asked, panic etching my tone. He turned and I saw that his human disguise had worn off. "I think we should leave."

He picked up a controller and gently handed it to me. Meaning laced his gaze.

"You remember," I stated plainly. "How much?"

Loki shrugged helplessly, tapping his forehead then mine.

"You want to go back to when you attached your consciousness to mine?"

Loki bobbed his head. He held out the bag, staring at the device in my hands. I stowed the phone and charger inside and handed it back. My stomach rumbled. I glanced around and located a clock that rested on my desk. 5:03.

"Do you want to eat first? It's getting later."

Loki placed a hand on his stomach and then flashed me a thumbs up.

I smiled. "Great. I know a place."

I changed for what felt like the millionth time. Loki reapplied his disguise while I shoved my suit into the bag. I handed it to him and he slung it over his shoulders before jumping onto my back. I left the room and shut the window before webbing down to the concrete below.

We walked the short distance to a sandwich shop nearby. I held the door for Loki. I entered and was hit with the delicious smell of food. My mouth watered. I walked up to the counter with Loki in tow and quickly ordered for the both of us. I paid and the worker handed us our food.

I carefully placed the wrapped sandwiches in our backpack. I led us to the building that Loki had requested we visit. I figured it would be more comfortable to eat on the rooftop instead on the noisy streets. Kill two birds with one stone.

Loki followed me without complaint. Once we reached the building, I scaled it with Loki attached to my back.

"Okay, this is the place," I said.

Loki wandered around briefly. I took out the sandwiches and sat on the edge, waiting for Loki to finish exploring so we could eat. He sat down next to me with a disappointed sigh.

"Nothing?"

Loki nodded with downcast eyes. I placed his food in his hands and unwrapped mine. He let his disguise melt away.

"No worries. I figured it was a long shot anyways."

We ate in silence, watching the sunset. Loki seemed to cheer up a bit. I finished my last bite and balled up my wrapper. I sighed contentedly and leaned back on my hands. I was disappointed that he didn't change back, however at least it partially worked. He remembered bits and pieces.

I smiled sadly to myself, disappointed that I wasn't capable of helping him. Suddenly I felt his hand on mine. I glanced at him and he was staring intently at me. Loki grabbed my jaw and pulled me towards him. He examined my face, tracing my features lightly with the pad of his finger. His face was so close.

Nervousness leaped in my chest. I frowned. Why was I nervous?

Loki smiled and stretched my cheeks. I laughed and swatted playfully at him. Loki snatched my hand and squeezed it. His smile was replaced with serious curiosity. I let him play with my face a little more.

Suddenly he was closer but not enough for us to touch. I hated all this teasing and goofing around. I grabbed the nape of his neck and pulled him forward. Our lips touched and our breath mixed. Loki's hands found a place on my back and in my hair. I closed my eyes, trying to savor the moment for as long as possible, scared that this would be the last time we kissed. I teared up and pulled away.

I wiped at my eyes and watched Loki carefully. He had his mouth agape in shock. I inhaled sharply. The blue Jotun marks were fading from his face. The red disappeared from his eyes.

I watched as the blue slowly melted away from him, leaving him looking like he was back to normal. I slammed my eyes closed. I couldn't watch. I didn't want to see the illusion. I knew it wasn't him.

I put a hand over my mouth and my shoulders shook with silent sobs. I felt a hand on my back. I shook it off.

"Don't. Don't do this. It's an illusion. It can't be real. I can't hope for that," My voice was shaky and warbled.

"I remember."

My eyes flew open and I stared at him. He looked normal, he sounded normal. My lips moved, but no sound came out. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't decide if it was real or fake.

Loki looked at me with a sad smile on his face, brushing away my tears. "Don't cry, princess. Tears aren't fit for royalty."

I tackled him into a hug and clung to him tightly, fearful that if I let go he would disappear. I couldn't help letting out a few more tears.

"What? You missed me that much? I was only gone for a day."

I let go and punched him in the arm. "I thought you were going to be gone forever!"

I wiped my face, trying to ignore his goofy smile. I froze, feeling my spidey-sense go off. I glanced around and spotted Tony flying towards us in his Ironman suit.

"Incoming," I muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.5K 1.5K 19
ABUSE, VIOLENCE, TORTURE, GORE, SA(R too), DV tbh Honestly, I don't recommend this book to people, but people like it and think I should keep it. So...
674 2 4
These are fanfics i found on AO3 and on Wattpad so i don't take credit for any of them, But most of them will be on AO3. These AREN'T mine. I might b...
3.6K 150 17
"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom dim...
434K 14.1K 41
LokiXReader Fanfic. Bit of a Slow burner, compared to some I have read ❤️. When Y/N is caught up in an avengers mission concerning Hydra, she is no l...