Chapter 51

Yeah yeah it's a day late. Oh well, enjoy anyway.

Peter's POV

We swung across the city. Loki clung to me, his face buried in my shoulder. I decided to slow down and not do any fancy tricks or maneuvers, for fear that it would terrify Loki even more.

We touched down at our first destination. Loki jumped down off of me, wobbly on his feet.

"This is the café where you and I first met," I explained, gesturing at the entrance.

Loki's dizzy spell vanished in an instant and he tried to enter.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Wait a minute. Most people freak out when they see someone like you. Can you disguise yourself to look human?"

Loki tilted his head to the side.

"Imagine yourself to look like me."

He closed his eyes and turned into an exact replica of myself.

"No, I mean, look like a combination between you and me."

Loki transformed again and this time he had bright pink hair and tan skin.

I sighed. "Close enough. Wait here, I'm going to go change in the alley."

I took the backpack that Loki offered in his outstretched hands. When I came back in my change of clothes, he had changed his appearance once more. He had short black hair and pale skin.

"That's better," I told him, taking his hand. "Let's go."

The bell jingled as we entered. The barista glanced up as we approached the counter.

"How can I help you today?"

I looked over the menu on the wall. "We'll have a strawberry smoothie and a iced caramel macchiato."

"Size?"

"Medium for both, please."

She pressed a few buttons on her screen. "Seven dollars and fifteen cents. Would you like a receipt?"

I handed her eight dollars. "No thank you."

"It'll be out in a moment, we'll bring it to you," She said, giving back the change.

I thanked her and led Loki to the seat we inhabited at our first meeting. I weaved through the crowded tables and plopped down in our booth, which was thankfully empty.

Loki hesitantly took the spot across from me.

"Okay. You see over there?" I asked, pointing to a table across the room. "When we first met, the others were sitting right there, and we didn't even notice! Can you believe that?"

Loki looked excited. He waved his arms in the air, waving his hands and pointing to his head.

I tried to make sense of it, but the meanings were lost to me. "I'm sorry, I don't understand."

His movements grew frantic and he huffed in frustration. He opened his mouth and garbled noises came out.

"Are you trying to speak?" I asked, shock etched on my face.

Loki gave no indication that he heard and kept trying. Eventually he was able to squeeze out, "Erase Tony."

My jaw dropped. "We erased Tony's memory. That's right."

Loki looked pleased with himself.

I ran a hand through my hair. "You remembered? How?"

Loki fiddled with a straw wrapper and waved vaguely.