Chapter 23

I'm actually really proud of this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Also 25K reads?! You guys are incredible!

Peter's POV

I spun around and caught the knife. "Wade?!"

"Yeah, I'm okay," He answered.

"What happened?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well I was trying to open this stupid bag of marshmallows, but the knife slipped."

I breathed a sigh of relief. "Jesus, Wade."

"Why do you look so freaked out?" He asked.

I gestured for him to come closer. He bent down. "I have a bad feeling. My senses don't go off like that for no reason." I whispered.

Wade nodded. "I'll be on my toes. You wanna change?"

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed. "Where are my clothes?"

"You mean mine. They're over there."

He pointed to the couch. They were slung over the arm.

I thanked him. "Are you going to change too?"

"Yeah. You remember where the bathroom is?"

I nodded. I went to the bathroom and quickly changed. A loud pop came from the kitchen.

"Wade what was that?" I called, stepping out of the bathroom.

I took in the scene. "What the hell did you do?"

Marshmallows were scattered all over the floor. Wade was standing with an empty bag in his hands. He had already changed.

"Oops?"

I bent down and picked one up. "You're clumsy today, huh?"

I squished it in between my fingers, before popping it in my mouth. I hopped onto the counter as I chewed.

"So now what?" I asked, with my mouth full.

"You're staying here for a while, right?"

"I mean, is that okay?" I finished chewing and swallowed.

"Well yeah. I don't expect you to go back after that panic attack in the parking lot."

I rubbed my arm. "Sorry about that."

Wade jumped up next to me. "Hey don't sweat it."

We sat in silence for a few moments. I got down from the counter and grabbed a new bag of marshmallows. Wade raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked defensively. "We got forty bags of marshmallows so why bother eating the ones on the floor?"

"I wasn't judging you for that. Who cares about marshmallows? But it's like six p.m. Why the fuck are we here eating marshmallows instead of going out and partying or something?"

"Well, one, because I'm borrowing your clothes and I don't look ready for a party. And, two, because I'm underaged. And, three, because I don't feel like it," I answered, counting off on my fingers.

Wade got up. He swiftly picked me up and threw me over his shoulder before I could expect it.

"What the-? Wade! Let me go!" I yelled.

"Nope. If we're going to stay here, we're going to look fabulous while doing it," Wade said, heading towards his room. "Besides I have alcohol here."

I groaned and stopped struggling. "You're an asshole."

"I love you too, Petey."

Wade entered his room. He tossed me onto his bed and started rummaging through his closet. He muttered things like, "No too big." And "Shut up, Yellow."