Chapter 2

Warning!! This story includes panic attacks, swearing, terrible jokes, depression, bullying, and probably other uncomfortable topics.

Peter's P.O.V

I took in my surroundings with awe. Equipment was everywhere and futuristic tech littered every surface. The air was filled with the sounds of mechanical whirring and the smell of oil. A giant white board stood against one wall and I walked over to it amazed at how many equations were on it. I frowned. One of the equations were wrong. I glanced around and picked up a piece of paper and a pencil from one of the tables.

I rewrote the problem and solved it correctly in under thirty seconds. I went back over to the white board and taped it next to it's incorrect twin. At that moment my Spidey Sense went off and I dodged the wrench that went flying past my ear. I spun around.

"M-Mr. Stark!" I squeaked turning red, "I'm sorry f-for being in here! Th-the receptionist said to go to f-floor five and w-when I got here I saw an equation that w-was wrong so I w-wanted to fix it! I-I'm sorry!"

"Kid! What happened to you?" The question caught me off guard.

"W-What?" Mr. Stark was examining my face with a look of worry.

Mr. Stark frowned. "F.R.I.D.A.Y scan him for injuries."

"Mr. Stark please you don't need to do that," I said my voice wavering. Panic began to set in.

"Scanning now," F.R.I.D.A.Y's disembodied voice relayed, "He appears to have six broken ribs, a broken nose, a black eye, a split lip, internal bleeding in his abdomen, and he is on the brink of starvation. He also has bruises and cuts almost everywhere-"

  F.R.I.D.A.Y's voice faded out and the world seemed to go silent. My heart pounded in my ears and I could barely breathe. Black spots danced across my vision and a few stray tears squeezed out if my eyes.

It took me a minute to realize that Mr. Stark was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear him. My vision swam as my breathing became uneven.

I couldn't hear.

I couldn't see.

I couldn't breathe.

All of a sudden, the fluorescent lights became so bright I had to slam my eyes closed. The sounds I couldn't hear a second before slammed into me, ten times louder.

I wailed and crammed my hands against my head, trying to block out the noise and I crumpled to the floor.

'Why is this happening to me?' I thought to myself. Even my thoughts were loud. Tears were freely pouring down my face now.

I heard Mr. Stark's shouts and thundering footsteps, but I couldn't process them.

I barely felt the needle prick my skin. The black spots took over, crowding my vision, and I passed out with a wimper.

I woke up in what looked to be a medical bay. I looked down to see that I was shirtless, my messy bandaging replaced with bandages that were expertly wrapped around my many wounds.

Thinking about it made me sick.

I tried sitting up but ended up falling back down on the table. I cried out clutching my ribs, it felt like they were on fire. I started to sob. Huge racking sobs that, if anything, made the pain worse. Mr. Stark rushed into the room and started to hug me, trying to calm me down.

"M-Mr. Stark?" I asked in a feeble voice, "I-It h-h-hurts!" I squeezed out. He tried to put a comforting hand on my shoulder but I violently flinched.

"W-What happened? Why am I in the hospital?" I questioned trying to remember, but I was grasping at straws. I looked desperately at Mr. Stark and he seemed to understand.

"You had a panic attack and we had to knock you out. This isn't the hospital. It's the med bay in Stark Towers," He said trying to sound comforting. Concern danced in his eyes. I winced clutching my sides, my fingernails digging into my flesh.

"Why were you so badly injured?" He asked looking me in the eyes and I brought my hands away from my sides to figit with my fingers, a nervous habit.

"Bullies," I said in a small voice avoiding eye contact.

"Why aren't you mad?" I asked surprising him.

He glanced up taken aback. "Why would I be?"

"Because I was intruding your lab," I said guiltily, "That's why you threw the wrench." My hands stopped figiting and went back to squeezing my sides, making me gasp slightly at the sudden pain.

Mr. Stark laughed. "Did seriously no one tell you? You're my personal intern, kid."

My head whipped up to stare Mr. Stark in the eye and my face turned red. "W-What? I am?"

Mr. Stark laughed at my astonishment and nodded. Just then my stomach growled, sounding like a beached whale. My face turned even redder from embarrassment.

Mr. Stark smiled. "Come on let's go put some food in you," He said helping me off the table. I smiled gratefully and carefully stood up. We slowly limped to the elevator and Mr. Stark pressed a button. The elevator doors closed and we zipped upward.

Hey guys! I updated again! Yayyy

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you lovely people have a good day!