Chapter 5

Warning!! This story includes panic attacks, swearing, terrible jokes, depression, bullying, and probably other uncomfortable topics.

~~~

Did I procrastinate in writing this? Yes.

Am I writing this late at night? Yes.

Hotel? Trivago.

~~~

Peter's P.O.V

I woke up shrieking.

I was covered in sweat and trembling uncontrollably. Tears started streaming down my face and I curled up in a ball, sobbing loudly.

Woah. Calm down. It was just a nightmare! Loki yelled, sounding freaked out.

I couldn't respond. The memory of the nightmare kept me frozen in place. I sobbed louder remembering the lifeless bodies of everyone I had ever loved scattered across the ground.

Peter! Focus on my voice. Block out the nightmare and focus all of your attention on my voice. It'll be alright. I promise. Loki said in a calm and soothing tone. To my surprise focusing on his voice comforted me and I began to calm down. He kept muttering comforting things until I eventually stopped crying. I took a shaky breath in and thanked him.

No problem. He responded. To take your mind off your nightmare how about you ask me some questions. Since you were too tired yesterday. I'm sure you have tons.

My eyes lit up and I grinned. "Yeah!" I took a deep breath and shouted, "HOW AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY FUCKING HEAD?!"

Loki chuckled. I figured that would be your first question. He paused and a tense silence filled the room. I could hear him take a deep breath in.

Do you remember the New York attacks from a couple years ago? Loki asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. Why?" I responded, curious.

That was me.. Loki admitted, his voice filled with shame and guilt. I was under mind control but no one would listen to me! They thought I was lying and I was banished from my home in Asgard as punishment. Now I'm stuck here, in the place I failed to conquer.

I stayed silent and he continued. So then I saw you sitting on the roof and I thought you might be able to help me. So I used my magic so that you would be able to hear me. Loki finished and I could hear the misery in his voice.

He sighed. I'm so sorry. I know you probably hate me now. I-

"Shush," I said cutting him off.

Did you really just shush me?

"Yes, now be quiet. I don't care about what happened in the attack. That was not your fault. In the past day you've been helping me and you're my friend now so I'm going to help you." I said in a firm voice.

It surprised me how much I have already started to care for Loki. I guess he was surprised too because I heard sniffles coming from Loki.

Aww Petey! He cried, sniffling some more. That was beautiful!

I rolled my eyes. "Where are you? If you're going to be living with me I might as well meet you now."

Oh right! Meet me in the coffee shop on 44th street. He chirped sounding excited. Also you didn't have to talk aloud, you could've just said that in your head.

I groaned. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier? Now Ironman thinks I'm crazy!"

Whatever. Just come meet me! Loki whined and I laughed.