STARTING LINE , teen wolf

By -natalics

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❝ 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓... More

𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒊 , numinous
𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆
𝒐𝒏𝒆 , wolf moon
𝒕𝒘𝒐 , second chance at first line
𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , pack mentality
four; magic bullet
five; the tell
six; heart monitor
seven; night school
eight; lunatic
nine; wolf's bane
ten; co-captain
eleven: formality
twelve; code-breaker
thirteen; omega
fourteen: shape-shifted
fifteen; ice pick
sixteen; abomination
seventeen; venomous
eighteen; frenemy
nineteen; restraint
twenty: raving
twenty-one: party guessed
twenty-two; fury
twenty-three; battlefield
twenty-four; masterplan
act ii. exile
twenty-five; tattoo
twenty-six; chaos rising
twenty-seven; fireflies
twenty-eight; unleashed
twenty-nine: frayed
thirty; motel california
thirty-one; currents
thirty-two; visionary
thirty-three; the girl who knew too much
thirty-four: the overlooked
thirty-five: alpha pact
thirty-six; lunar eclipse
thirty-eight; more bad than good
thirty-nine: galvanize
forty: illuminated
forty-one: silverfinger
forty-two: riddled
forty-three: letharia vulpina
forty-four: echo house
forty-five: the fox and the wolf
forty-six: de-void
forty-seven: insatiable
forty-eight: the divine move
storytime: the person who stole my fic
act iii. monster among men
forty-nine: the dark moon
fifty: 117
fifty-one: muted
fifty-two: the benefactor
fifty-three: i.e.d.
fifty-four: orphaned
fifty-five: weaponized
fifty-six: time of death
fifty-seven; perished
fifty-eight; monstrous
fifty-nine: a promise to the dead
sixty: smoke and mirrors
kennedy hale : crack edition
act iv: bad moon rising
sixty-one: creatures of the night
sixty-two: parasomnia
sixty-three: dreamcatchers
sixty-four: condition terminal
sixty-five: a novel approach
sixty-six: required reading
sixty-seven: strange frequencies
sixty-eight: ouroboros
sixy-nine: lies of omission
seventy: status asthmaticus
seventy-one: the last chimera
seventy-two: damnatio memoriae
seventy-three: codominance
seventy-four: the sword and the spirit
seventy-five: amplification
seventy-six: lie ability
seventy-seven: a credible threat
seventy-eight: the maid of gévaudan
seventy-nine: the beast of beacon hills
eighty: apotheosis
act v: midnight rain
eighty-one: memory lost
OLD & NEW READERS ; PLEASE READ
eighty-two: superposition
eighty-three: sundowning
eighty-four: relics
please stop me from putting kennedy in shadow & bone
eighty-five: radio silence
eighty-six: ghosted
stroytime: another person stole my fic

thirty-seven; anchors

13.2K 321 1K
By -natalics

this chapter is choppy, sorry!
also, kennedy is like always eating i have no idea why LMAO

chapter thirty-seven
there never was a doubt, baby hush your mouth
anchors

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Dear Diary,

It's been a month now since I totally kicked ass and Scott & I became Alphas. Okay, technically I'm this thing called Partenaire Lycan. But that is literally not the point.

To catch up, Stiles and I have been hanging out all month. Ive been trying to plan for my Halloween party, until I realized I won't be able to have it because Dad sucks. So now, I'll have to stick to scary movie date night with Stiles. Which is, fine, wink wink.

Lydia, Allison, and I have been hanging out as much as possible too. With all of us having developing romantic lives, it's been kind of difficult. We made it to Homecoming (where I did win as Homecoming Queen with Lydia as co-queen cause we refused for anything different and Homecoming King was so 2005, why can't two girls be queens together?). However, I already told Allison we could share a birthday party in January. It'll be her big 18th birthday, and I'll be 17. Crazy, right? We've known her for 9 months now, and so much has happened. Her and Scott, werewolves, hunters, druids, me and Stiles. She was my best friend, even in such a short amount of time.

Kennedy slammed her diary shut, looking up as Peter handed her a glass of water. She smiled kindly, standing up. Peter held up his fists, and Kennedy smirked as her eyes turned red. The father and daughter began to combat one another. They were both good, extremely good.

"I'm an Alpha now, RAWR!" Kennedy shouted jokingly as she threw a fist at Peter.

Peter grabbed her wrist, pulling her backwards. "Bunny, when I said I'd help with training, jokes were not apart of it, I'm pretty sure." He said sarcastically.

Kennedy sighed, tossing her hands down to her sides. "Sorry, I thought we were having normal Father Daughter time." She mumbled. Kennedy had been staying at Lydia's for a while now. After Derek left, Kennedy stayed with Stiles for a few days before going and staying with Lydia and her mom.

"Well, we're trying to train you," Peter explained. "You're an Alpha. From both Valet's and from Hale's. People will be threatened by your strength."

The youngest Hale shrugs. "Good thing I'm explicably charming." She says with a grin. Peter rolls his eyes, walking away. "I gotta get to school, I'll see you later." She said as she grabbed her bag.

Peter leaned against the wall, "Remember, I'm going on that trip, alright?"

Kennedy waved him off, "Yeah, have fun with that!" She said with a polite smile before walking out the front door of Peter's home.

༺❀༻

Lydia shut her locker, jumping when she saw Kennedy standing there, holding two cups of coffee. Lydia rose a brow. "For missing our coffee date."

"Why, thank you," Lydia chimed, taking the coffee from her friend. "You seem chirpy today."

Kennedy hummed, leaning against the metal lockers behind her. "It's been officially a month with literally no monsters, drama, and I haven't almost died!" She said with a grateful smile.

Lydia tilted her head, "Well congrats, I think." She unsurely stated. Shaking her curls, she shut her locker shut. "So, I was thinking you and I could get our fall shopping done this weekend. You know, since nobody's dying this week."

The two girls turned heads to see Allison run inside the school, as if she just ran from someone or something. Kennedy and Lydia shared confused looks before walking over to their friend. Allison looked between them. "Allison, are you okay?" Kennedy asked honestly.

Allison inhaled deeply. "No, actually," She mumbled. "I wasn't even here five seconds ago. I wasn't even in the car five minutes ago." She rambled.

Lydia and Kennedy made eye contact before looking back at the Argent. "So where were you?" Lydia asked.

"I was in the elevator at home. And then I was in the hospital, and then I saw-" Allison shook her head slowly, trying to process everything. "What the hell was that?"

"It has to be from what you did with Scott and Stiles," Kennedy states. Lydia and Allison look at her. She slouched her shoulders. "Stiles has been having nightmares." She mumbled.

Lydia sighs. "Okay, so we find Scott and Stiles," She shrugs. Kennedy nods, leading Allison and Lydia down the hall.

"You're seeing things, aren't you?" Stiles asked Scott.

Scott looked at Stiles with wide eyes. "How'd you know?"

Lydia and Kennedy walked in sync as Allison stood next to them. "Because it's happening to all three of you." Lydia said. Kennedy rose a brow at them
all, sipping her coffee.

"Looks like some of you need more therapy than I do." Kennedy said with a smile, waving the three teens along.

Lydia walked inside the school, "Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy ones." She said as she clasped her hands together, looking over at Kennedy with a smile.

"We're not crazy." Allison mumbles.

Kennedy turns towards them. "Let me think about this," She said as Lydia stood next to her. "Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis?" She taps her chin, waving them off. "Yeah, you guys are definitely fine."

Scott shrugs, his hand on his backpack. "We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects, right?" The school bell rings, signaling their first classes.

Stiles looks between the group, "We keep an eye on each other. Okay?" Allison and Scott nod. "And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much." He says before walking away.

Lydia looks up into the air, "What?" She asks, pretending to be oblivious.

Kennedy giggles as Stiles grabs her hand, pulling her away. "Oh, come on," Kennedy whined, "I'm sorry if I made you mad,"

Stiles turned towards her, the two of them leaning onto the lockers. "You didn't," He sighed, leaning over and kissing her softly. "How are you feeling, by the way?" Kennedy exhales as she wraps her arms around his waist, inhaling his scent that has always been a safe place for her.

"I feel like I wish we skipped school so you and I could sit in your bed and watch Star Wars," She says finally, looking back up at him.

"Oh really?" Stiles asked questioningly. "You didn't even turn that into some sex-inuendo." He says.

Kennedy shrugged, "Because I don't need to imply having sex with you to have sex with you," She said. Patting his chest, Kennedy struts away. Stiles blinked as he watched. Scott approached him, patting his back.

"Now you understand why I had a crush on her for years?" Scott asked with a teasing smile.

Stiles swallowed nervously, "I'm the luckiest man in the world," He uttered out before jumping in the air, speed walking towards class. Kennedy was already sitting in her seat, winking at Scott and Stiles as they sat in the row next to her. Scott rolled his eyes, sitting behind the human boy.

"Good morning, everyone." A man said as he stood at the desk in the front of the room. "My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous History Teacher." Kennedy raises a brow, looking around the class in boredom. "My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira." The class was silent, and Mr. Yukinura gives a closed mouth smile. "Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter." The sound of a loud sigh followed by a thump causes the class to turn around. Kennedy looks as a head of black hair looks up, a pretty asian girl looking around. Kira's eyes landed on Kennedy, who smiled innocently. Kira smiled nervously, shrinking in her seat. "Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."

༺❀༻

Kennedy walked down the hall, looking at Scott and Stiles. She smiled, walking towards her locker. "I thought you said you wanted to make friends."

"Not like that."

Kennedy looks behind her to see Mr Yukimura and his daughter talking. "You said you wanted to be noticed."

"I could set myself on fire and be noticed."
Kira pointed out.

"Well, then you'd be dead."

Kira nods, "Exactly."

Kennedy shakes her head, closing her locker. She turns to walk to her friends, pausing when Stiles puts Scott's head down, pushing him down the hall. Kennedy realizes it's something about what's been happening to them. She turns around, rushing to Kira and her dad. If she can't help with Scott, she can't help someone with a normal problem.

"Hi, I'm Kennedy Hale,"

Mr. Yukimura smiles, "Kennedy! I've heard so many things about you from other teachers. All really good things."

Kennedy smiles, "I'm glad," She says, looking over at Kira. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the library with me during my free period,"

Kira's eyes lit up, "Yeah! Sure!" She said. In just the short time being at the school, she had heard a lot about a girl by the name of Kennedy Hale. Kennedy was the resident IT girl of Beacon Hills. Pretty much everyone had had a crush on her, she was smart, pretty, nice, and sadly taken by a resident nerd named Stiles Stilinski.

"Great!" Kennedy chimed, linking arms with Kira. "I'll give you a mini tour while we chat," Kira looked back at her dad, waving goodbye.

"You totally just saved me from that," Kira said quietly.

Kennedy shrugged, "Hey, that's kinda my thing." She said. "So, how do you like Beacon Hills? Just as boring as you'd hoped?"

Kira frowned, "Actually I was hoping for more." Kennedy pushed open the library doors, following the girl inside. "At my last school, I wasn't exactly, popular," The Yukimura explained. Kennedy sat down across from her, the both of them setting their bags down. "I did have some good friends. I was hoping it'd be similar." Kira sighed, looking at the table surface. "But so far I'm out of luck."

The Hale looked down in thought. She reached over, tapping the table with her nails. "Well, as of today, consider your life changed," She said with a grin. Kira looked up in confusion. "We're friends now, silly."

"We are?" Kira stuttered, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Yes," Kennedy stated, "So consider yourself popular, Kira Yukimura, because you just got in with Homecoming queen." Kira smiled softly, excited to actually have a friend. Not only that, a friend who was normal. And, of course, there was the plus of Kennedy being remarkably attractive.

༺❀༻

Kennedy sat in Scott's room, eating a bag of chips as Scott and Isaac walked in. "Right at her head?" Scott asked in disbelief. According to the Lahey, Allison had had another moment, and almost shot Lydia with an arrow. Isaac had luckily been there to save her.

"Almost right through it." Isaac explained, "And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt."

Scott sat down on the bed. Kennedy smirked, "Sounds like someone's a little," Kennedy pointed at her skull, making a whistle noise.

"Whatever's happening to you guys is getting worse." Isaac said, dismissing Kennedy completely. "If I hadn't been there, then Lydia would be dead."

Scott paused, looking up at the Lahey, "What were you doing there?" Isaac paused, looking over at Kennedy.

The Hale girl shrugged, "Can't help you with that one," She mumbled. Within moments, Scott throws Isaac out of his room, this time a picture frame falling.

Melissa looks up at the stairs, "Oh, you guys, come on. This house does not have a supernatural ability to heal!" She yells, "So, stop it!"

"I'll keep them apart, Ms. McCall!" Kennedy yelled as she smiles kindly.

"That's why I love you, Kenny!"

Scott looked back at Kennedy, causing her to give a cheesy smile. "Are you enjoying the rest of us struggling?" He asked. Kennedy paused in thought.

"Usually, I'd say no." Kennedy said, holding her chip bag. "But, I really like not being the one who's going through the dreams, visions, and feeling like I've gone insane." She grinned before eating another chip.

Scott rolled his eyes, "You sound like Peter," He mumbled. Suddenly, he is thrown out of his room, landing next to Isaac.

"What was that!?" Melissa yelled.

Kennedy walked over, poking her head out of Scott's door. "That was me kicking Scott's ass!" She cheered.

"That's my girl!"

༺❀༻

The next day, Kennedy sat next to Scott in Economics. "So I'm thinking if I do all college classes over summer break and senior year, I might actually be able to graduate college early." She explained, holding her pink pen.

Scott shakes his head, "But why would you want to put yourself through that? Don't you want a break?" He asked honestly. Stiles barely said a word as he walked by them, sitting behind Kennedy. She brushed it off, assuming he was tired.

"I want a break from werewolves. Oh wait! I cant! I am one." She said pointedly. Scott sticks his tongue out at her, and she flicks him off. The two teens share a chuckle as they turn back to Coach Finstock. Kennedy became dizzy, but she didn't know why. She closed her eyes tightly, leaning her head on the desk.

It was a car.

It was old and rusted, probably sitting there for years. It was upside down, Kennedy noticed. A flashlight moves around the vehicle. "Look at that." Stiles's voice catches her attention. "See those?" The flashlight moves to claw marks all over the side of the car. Kennedy studies the shape of it all. "Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer."

"Then it was a werewolf." Scott's voice whispers.

"So, my dad was right." The human mumbles.

Kennedy sits straight up, gasping as she looks around. Her brown eyes dilated as if they were adjusting to the class room from the darkness of wherever she was. Kennedy looks over at Scott, who sent her a confused look. "What was it?" Scott asked.

She leaned over, "I had a vision."

"What? Of what!?" He inquired. Scott had never experienced her experiencing a vision. In fact, he wasn't sure anyone had.

"Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?" The two of them looked at Coach, who had just scolded Stiles. Kennedy turned around, seeing Stiles completely lost in his notebook. "Stilinski!" Scott worriedly looks at his friend, not sure what's wrong. Coach Finstock scoffs under his breath, before blowing into his whistle. "Stilinski!"

Stiles shoots up in his seat, as if snapping out of whatever trance he was in. "Uh-huh?" Kennedy looked at her boyfriend worriedly.

"I asked you a question."

Stiles shifted in his seat, "Uh Sorry, Coach. What was it?" He asked politely.

"It was Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?" Says Coach. Kennedy bit her lip, eyeing Scott.

"Oh." Mumbles Stiles. "Well, I am now."

Coach sighs, "Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink...every night. Does anybody else want to try the question on the board?"

Stiles turns his head to see Scott staring at him. "I'm okay. I just fell asleep for a second." He told him, looking at Kennedy. Scott's brows knit together as he looks at his best friend.

"Dude, you weren't asleep." Scott whispers. Stiles frowned, looking at Kennedy. Her eyes were on his notebook. Stiles looks down at his paper. The entire sheet filled with WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP. He slammed the notebook shut, looking back at Scott.

༺❀༻

Lunch time came, and Kennedy sat next to Stiles. She was eating pretzels this time, looking at everyone as they spoke. "Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asks.

Stiles adds on, "And is unable to tell what's real or not?"

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?"

Isaac looks up, "They're all locked up because they're insane." He tells them. Kennedy giggles, throwing a pretzel at him. Isaac swiftly moved, catching it in his mouth.

Stiles looked over, "Ha." He said sarcastically. "Can you at least try to be helpful, please?"

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

Stiles tossed up his hand, "Hey, dude, are you still milking that?" He inquired.

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that."

"Hi." A voice says. Kennedy looks up, seeing a familiar face. "Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about." Stiles and Scott look at each other, before back at Kira. "There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called Bardo. It literally means in-between state. The state between life and death." She explained.

Lydia clasps her hands together. "And what do they call you?" She asks, coming off kinda rude.

"Kira. She's in our History class." Says Scott.

Kennedy smiles, pulling Kira to sit next to her. "Kira Yukimura, my new friend," She said with a cheery smile, sending Lydia a warning look. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Kennedy inquired. Kira smiled softly at Kennedy.

"Either, I guess." Kira shrugs, putting her books on thr table. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations." She explains. "Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

Isaac fiddles with his own, "Wrathful deities? And what are those?" He inquired.

"Like demons."

Stiles scoffs, "Demons. Why not?" He asks sarcastically, looking at the group.

"Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Asks Allison Argent.

"Death. You die." Kira explains. Lydia's eyes widen as she looks at the others. Stiles nods slowly, looking away. Kennedy blinks repeatedly, awkwardly eating a pretzel.

༺❀༻

That weekend, Kennedy sat at her vanity, brushing through her damp hair. She was at Peter's house, luckily able to stay so she could get some new clothes for Lydia's. Peter told Kennedy, many times, he'd prefer if she stayed with him, but Kennedy decided to stay with the Martin's instead.

Peter and Kennedy were still working out their new father-daughter relationship.

A doorbell rang through the large apartment, which was more of a pent house, in Kennedy's opinion. She sighed, walking out and down the stairs to the large double doors. She swung open the left door, looking between Scott and Stiles. Stiles's breath nearly catches in his throat, as Kennedy was wearing a tight pair of shorts, a form fitting tank top, and all of that wrapped in a pink satin robe that if you didn't pay attention, you might've thought she was naked underneath. Scott averted his eyes immediately, thinking exactly that. Kennedy leaned against the door, raising a brow.

"Good morning," She said with a questioning tone. Kennedy hadn't planned on hanging out with either boy, as today she was going to go shopping with Lydia. With Peter's money, of course. Scott looked around behind Kennedy. The apartment was shockingly nice. Much nicer than most homes in Beacon Hills. It was an open floor plan with wooden floors. Behind Kennedy, he could see a wall with a large abstract painting, as well as a piano.

Stiles ignored Scott's amazement, having already seen the apartment himself. "Can we come in?" He asked.

Kennedy sighed, moving aside to let the boys walk inside. "You're lucky my dad's gone for the weekend, it's his monthly vacation," She told them matter-of-factly. Scott looked around in amazement. "Yes, Scott, the couch is designer. We had it shipped from Italy,"

The McCall looked over at Kennedy in shock. "I didn't know Peter was rich," He mumbled, looking around the luxurious apartment.

"You should've saw the blueprints for the house he and my mom were gonna build," Kennedy said as she shut the front door. "Follow me,"

Scott trailed behind Stiles, looking at every luxurious item Peter owned as he follows the couple to Kennedy's just as fancy bedroom. Stiles threw himself onto the purple bed, spreading out comfortably as Kennedy sat at the vanity again. Scott looked at Kennedy's closet, the same one Stiles picked out an outfit for her from just a month ago. It was bigger than his bedroom, not that his room was very large, but it was large for a closet.

Stiles looks over, "Scott, we get it, her dad's loaded, can we move on?" He asked, his hands up in annoyance.

Kennedy leaned onto her hand, looking between the boys. "So, what do you need?" She asked.

"Actually, it's what my dad needs," Stiles informed. Kennedy rose a brow. "I guess eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident." He began. "But there was a girl named Malia who was never found. My dad thinks that a werewolf could have been the cause of the accident, and then, you know." Kennedy scrunched her nose, disgusted at the thought "He wants you and Scott to help find her body with scent."

The Hale girl sighed, putting down her brush as she looked at the vanity in thought. She tapped her nails on the surface, before grabbing her phone. Scott and Stiles shared confused looks. "What are you doing?" Asked Scott.

Kennedy typed away, "Telling Lydia I cant make it, I have werewolf duties," She explained. She put down her phone, looking at the boys. "Are you two going to watch me change or leave?"

༺❀༻

Kennedy climbed out of Stiles's Jeep. Now, she wore a red long sleeve and jeans. Her boots thumped against the dirt, and she looked around the Tate house. Stiles and Scott lead the way to a door that snuck to a bedroom. Kennedy followed, carefully dodging anything that would cause ruckus.

Stiles and Scott walked over a metal animal cage. Kennedy followed nearly tripping over herself. Quickly, Kennedy put her hands on the base of a chair, doing a hand stand as she shifted her legs over, letting Stiles catch her legs and place her softly on the wood. She propped back up, smiling awkwardly.

Stiles reached for the door handle, all three of them wincing at the loud creak it made. They shuffled inside quickly, and Stiles shut it tightly. Kennedy looked around the room. It was cute. Country type of decorations, just like the rest of the house. Kennedy grunted as Stiles started throwing things at her and Scott. They kept inhaling things, and Kennedy shook her head as she looks at the stuffed bunny in her hand. It reminded her a lot of her own stuffed bunny she used to have. Except hers was cuter, of course.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell." Scott mumbled.

Stiles walked over, "What kind of animal?"

Kennedy looked over at the door, her eyes widening, "Dog."

The boys looked over, seeing a Rottweiler looking up at him. "Hi, puppy." Scott hummed,

"Get rid of it."

"Me?" Scott whispers, holding on to an elephant tightly.

Stiles edges closer to his friend. "Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the Alpha." He explains.

"I can't. I don't have control." Mutters Scott.

The Stilinski sighs, "Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something."

Scott purses his lips into a thin line, stepping forward. "Nice doggy-"

The dog starts barkign like crazy, catching the whole house off guard. "Apollo! Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!" Kennedy steps forwards, her eyes glowing red as she lets out a low snarl. The dog clamps it's mouth shut. It lets out a whine before trailing off.

Stiles looks at his girlfriend, "I love you," He said, kissing her on the lips. "I love you, you know that? I love you." Stiles pushes by Scott. "Here. Try that." He says, handing him a book. "Anything?"

Scott shakes his head. "All I'm getting is that dog." Stiles sighs, staring at a photo. He pulls out his phone, taking a photo. Kennedy raises a brow, looking at the photo. She looks at the older sister, trying to figure out what felt different.

"Ken, come on," Stiles said, patting his girlfriends back. Kennedy snaps out of it, trailing after Stiles and her friend.

They meet up with Sheriff at their cars. Scott shakes his head, "I'm sorry. We tried as hard as we could. If it wasn't so long ago, We might have been able to do it."

"It's okay. It was a long shot." Sheriff says, "In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man." Kennedy looked at the house, "I never should have brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking." Noah pat's Kennedy's arm. "Thanks for trying, all right?" He said, climbing into his car. "See you at home."

Scott looked over at Stiles, "Aren't there a lot of cases that go unsolved?"

"Yeah, I just think this is one he felt like he could've figured out right now." Stiles said slowly.

Kennedy looks over at her boyfriend, "Okay, but why is it so important now?" She asked him.

Stiles shoved his hands in his pockets, "He wants to be able to solve one more while he's still Sheriff." Kennedy snapped her head at him, confused.

"What do you mean, still Sheriff?" Scott asked.

༺❀༻

Kennedy chased Scott up the stairs to his house. She had decided to stay for dinner, as she didn't have much at Peter's house. "Scott, let's not start a fight," She said slowly.

"No, we're starting a fight," Scott said, slamming open his front door. Kennedy stood at the entrance, sighing loudly before rushing after the McCall.

Rafael sat on the couch, looking over at his son and Kennedy. "Kennedy, nice to see you again,"

Scott didn't give Kennedy any time to answer. "Why are you trying to get Stiles's dad fired?" His voice was loud as he glared down his father. Kennedy raises her brows, backing up slowly as she edges towards the kitchen. If she was going to watch them fight, she was going to eat while watching.

"Scott, that is not what I'm doing," Rafael tells the boy. Kennedy looked around the kitchen, opening up the pantry to see a jar of cookies. She hummed, taking the jar and walking back out to watch the rest of the argument. "I'm trying to help."

Kennedy stepped into the doorway of the room "That doesn't make any sense, Dad. Who are you helping? Just get out." Scott yelled.

"Scott."

Melissa McCall walked in, and Kennedy shoved a cookie in her mouth. "What? I can't believe that you'd do this to my best friend."

"I'm not doing anything to your friend. I'm doing my job." Rafael said pointedly. Kennedy walked further into the room, hugging the jar of cookies like a child.

"Your job sucks."

Agent Mccall tilted his head, "Some days I can't argue that."

Melissa looked between her ex husband, son, and the girl she considered as her daughter, "Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?"

"He's trying to get Stiles' dad fired."

Rafael points at Scott, "No. That's not true."

Melissa's hands are on her hips as she looks at Rafael. "What are you doing?" She asked him. Kennedy rose a brow, eating another cookie.

Agent Mccall purses his lips into a thin line. "Conducting a case for impeachment." He retorted.

"That sounds a lot like getting him fired."

"The lack of resolution and ability to close cases is what's going to get him fired." Rafael remarks. Scott rolled his eyes, looking at his dad with an angry look. "My job is just to collect the information. And it's the job my superiors have given me."

"Your job sucks." Kennedy yells, her mouth full of cookies.

Rafael looks at the Hale, "Who even are you?"

Kennedy held up her hands, "I'm the sexy best friend, duh,"

Melissa looked at her son, seeing his claws come from his finger tips, "Scott, sweetheart, calm down." Kennedy realizes what's going on, "Come with me right now." Melissa leads Scott to another room, and Kennedy looks at Rafael.

"How do you manage to be everywhere?" Rafael asked. "The hospital, with Scott," Kennedy ate another cookie, staring. "How long have you known my son,"

Kennedy walked over, shoving the jar of cookies into Rafael's chest. "Longer than you have," She said with a fake smile. She quickly turned on her heel, walking towards where Scott and Melissa went.

Scott groaned as his face slowly began to change, "My anchor was Allison. I don't have Allison anymore."

"Then be your own anchor." Melissa said. "You can do this." Kennedy walked in just as Scott finally turns back to human completely, all of his features normal. Kennedy walks over, wiping sweat off the boys forehead. She was worried for him. Melissa puts a hand on her sons shoulder, "You two, let me tell you something no teenager ever believes, but I swear to you is the absolute truth." Kennedy looks up at Melissa, still keeping her hand on Scott's arm. "You fall in love more than once. It'll happen again. And it'll be just as amazing and as extraordinary as the first time. And maybe just as painful." Kennedy smiles, knowing what Melissa meant. "But it will happen again, I promise." Scott nods at his mom, who shakes her head, "And until then be your own anchor."

Scott pulls Kennedy upstairs to his room. "Your mom has good advice," Kennedy shrugs. Scott kneels down, shuffling through things under his bed. Kennedy thought about what Melissa said, and she was right. You do fall in love more than once. Kennedy's first love was Jackson. As weird as it was to remember, freshman year was an amazing year for her. She was popular, with best friends and boyfriends. Jackson and her were picture perfect, until that summer when he cheated with Lydia. Kennedy thought she'd never fall in love again.

And then she met Stiles.

Her thoughts are cut off guard when Scott pops back up on his feet. "Remember when Stiles and I called you to come to the woods, and you said no cause you were busy?"

Kennedy nods, "Yeah, that was when Stiles and I," Scott sent her an expectant look, and Kennedy cleared her throat. "Okay, yeah, it was the night you got bit. So what?"

"Well, tonight we're finding a body, but this time you don't get a choice," Scott tossed a flashlight in the air. Kennedy reached up, catching it swiftly. She adjusted her grip on the light as Scott smiled at her. "Now, let's go get your boyfriend."

༺❀༻

Stiles stared at his ceiling in thought. He wanted to sleep, the idea of a dreamless slumber sounded amazing. However, it wouldn't come. The nightmares would come again, and the thought scared him dearly.

Suddenly, his window sprang open just as his door opens. Kennedy rolls in from the window, landing on her feet as Scott walks in the door. "Hey, what's going on?" Stiles asked, he looked at Kennedy, "And why did you come in through the window?"

"For special effect, obviously," Kennedy said.

"You and us." Scott said, ignoring the Hale. "We're going to go out and find a body." Stiles looked at the flashlight in Scott's hand. "A dead body."

Obviously, Stiles agreed. The three teens made it to the woods. Kennedy wrapped her jacket around herself. The group had made their way to the Beacon Hills Reserve, walking through the woods. "You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet." Stiles begins, looking at Scott.

"I know." Scott huffs.

Stiles looks behind them, before leaning towards Scott. "If it turns out to be something like triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that." He explains.

Scott scoffs, "Yeah. Me either." He looks at his phone, which somehow was tracking the location of the car. "Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore."

The three approach a steep slope as the sound of a loud howl fills their ears. Stiles jumps, tugging onto Scott. This causes the McCall to drop his phone, and they all watch as his phone falls into a puddle. Kennedy raises a brow as she looks down. Stiles looks up, "Sorry, buddy." He mutters. "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

The McCall effortlessly jumps down, walking towards the puddle. Stiles is not so graceful, falling into the rocks. Kennedy slowly makes her way down, Stiles grabbing her arm to help steady her balance. She smiles at him, keeping her hand locked with his. Scott picks up his phone, "It still works." He grins.

Stiles looks up, seeing something from a distance, "Let me see the flashlight." The human boy takes the flash light from his girlfriend, looking in the distance "I think we found it."

The trio approach a tipped over car. Kennedy looks down at it, feeling like she has seen it somewhere. "Why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asks

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out." Stiles explains. Kennedy studies the car in thought. It was old and rusted, sitting there for years. A flashlight moves around the vehicle. "Look at that." Stiles's voice catches her attention, a flash of deja vu flooding her system. "See those?" The flashlight moves to claw marks all over the side of the car. Kennedy studies the shape of it all. "Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer."

"Then it was a werewolf." Scott whispers in realization.

"So, my dad was right." The human mumbles.

Kennedy shook her head, "I had a vision about this moment," She said quietly. The boys looked at her in confusion. "In class! I, I had a vision of right now. We were here, and you guys said those exact words," She turns to the car, "So this has to be important, right?" Kennedy kneeled down to the ground. Scott and Stiles frown as they watch the Hale crawl inside the old car. Something was there, but she couldn't recognize what. Kennedy reached her hand out, grabbing the small pink object. The boys helped Kennedy out as held up what was an old baby doll. It was dirty and it's clothes had faded from weather. Kennedy adjusted it in her hands, looking down at it with furrowed brows.

"I'm hungry."

Kennedy jumped, throwing the doll down on the ground in surprise. Stiles lets out a loud scream as he falls into the car. "I think I just had a minor heart attack." He grumbles.

Kennedy shook her head, "I hated those as a kid. Cora had one and I tore it open and ripped out the sound box when I was seven." She explains to the boys. The Hale tenses up, hearing a sound of something in the distance.

Scott's head snaps to the side as he hears a low growl. "Hey, guys, Please tell me you see that." Stiles and Kennedy look over to see nothing but two glowing blue eyes.

"I see it." Stiles mutters.

Kennedy sighed, "I wish I didn't." She adds.

Instead of answering, Scott breaks into a sprint, "Wait, hey, Scott!" Stiles yells, "Scott, wait!" The McCall is already gone, leaving Kennedy and Stiles.

NATALIA'S NOTES
━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

we are finally to 3B!! y'all have absolutely no idea how excited i am for you guys to see what i have in store<3. i had a 3B trailer made , it was basically the real 3B trailer but i threw in kaylee bryant (kennedy) at various points, but i cant post it on tiktok so idk what imma do ab that.

i wanted to say thank you for 80K reads on starting line, literally a few weeks ago this fic was at 50K & im just amazed at how fast this has grown. so many new readers have been coming from tiktok & it makes my heart so full to see people (hopefully) enjoying the story. kennedy is by far my favorite oc, i love her & her development thus far & i cant wait to show you guys more.

anyways, i have some questions to ask, including something about kennedy's love interests. so as we know, this is a stiles fic. kennedy's had some side love interests (cough, isaac, cough), but i think considering it says stiles x oc we can assume my plan has ALWAYS been stiles to be endgame in whatever capacity.

but do we still want that?

i started this fic like 10 months ago, so obviously some of my various plans have changed and developed over time. and i was making an edit for tik tok & i was like "huh, what if i changed the ending?" what i mean by this is what if kennedy actually ended up with someone else? it wouldn't be SHOCKING to see her with other people (not saying we won't wink wink), and so i wanted your thoughts.

hear me out, her & scott very much have this "partner soulmate, together til the end" kind of vibe, which will carry through the rest of the fic. what if, sometime later, kennedy & scott get into a rocky situation & one of them saves the other, & scott's feelings for her from season one kind of begin to spiral back? first of all, this would technically leave the door open for stydia (if any of you are diehard stydia stan) , but it would also open the door for that cute trope where he finally gets the girl.

as far as i know, this is NOT happening, only because i do still love stiles & kennnedy (ship name still to be determined). but i do love scennedy (?) & i just wanted to put it out there to see what y'all think. sorry for the MASSIVE authors note, i feel like i had lots to say. i hope you enjoyed this chapter & what comes next in 3B, i'll see you soon<3

toodles!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 755 41
lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other best friend would turn into a werewolf and...
6.7K 170 20
"Every girl deserves a boy that can make her forget her heart was ever broken." [Teen Wolf] [Season 1 - 6] [Stiles Stilinski x OC] STARTED: OCTOBER 2...
59.3K 1.2K 30
"𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃' 𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝓌𝑒'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑜𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝐿𝑒𝓉'𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒾�...
7.3K 299 12
𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔, 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒔. 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒊𝒔...