The Hallowed Heart - English...

By RatnaDewi971

Its been 10 years since Ye Jin's mom remarried to a nice man with a son. Unfortunately never once Hyun Bin, h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21 (Part Two)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 (Part Two)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
INTERMISSION
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38 (Part 2)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilog (Part 1)
Epilog (Last Part)

Chapter 34

455 37 4
By RatnaDewi971

"I didn't know oppa smoked now...." Ye Jin approached Hyun Bin who was alone in the side yard of the house with a cigarette stuck to his lips.

Hyun Bin smiled awkwardly, took a deep breath of his cigarette before throwing it on the ground. "Gi Dong still sleeping?" he asked distractingly.

Ye Jin nodded, looking at the cigarette lying on the ground curiously. "Since when did you smoke...?"

"Since I can't run to alcohol, so I'm looking for an escape to something else." he replied with a wry smile. "I meant to stop though..." he added after seeing Ye Jin's displeased face.

"Is there a habit or something else I need to know...?" Ye Jin asked probing, "plans to return to America, or maybe someone is waiting for oppa there..?"

Hyun Bin stared blankly at Ye Jin, did she ask about his current relationship status?

"We haven't had time to discuss what our plans are after Chul Soo-I mean Gi Dong's back..." Ye Jin explained, her cheeks suddenly turning red.

"Oooooh... I see..!"  Hyun Bin hastily replied.  "And no, I have no plans to return to America.. Nor do I have anyone waiting for me anywhere. There has never been anyone else.." he emphasized.

Ye Jin nodded stiffly, holding back the smile that tickled the corners of her lips.

"How about you?"  Hyun Bin ventured to ask.

Ye Jin raised her gaze in surprise, "Me? What about me?"

"Is anyone waiting for you?"  Hyun Bin asked bluntly.

Ye Jin sighed loudly, "I have no desire to start a relationship again, oppa. I just want to reunite with Chul Soo and make sure my son grows up well to make up for the time I lost without him..."

Hyun Bin was silent listening to her answer.  Does that mean he shouldn't expect to be able to resume their delayed story?

Reluctantly Hyun Bin pulled Ye Jin's hand suddenly. "I've just accepted to a job in Seoul, Ye Jin. Next month I will start working. My salary is more than enough to support the three of us. I beg you, marry me again please. Real marriage, this time! We give Gi Dong a complete family!"

Ye Jin who was surprised to accept his proposal could only look at him sadly, remembering their promise to get married soon after Hyun Bin returned from America 5 years ago. But 5 years is not a short time, Ye Jin doesn't know if Hyun Bin is still the same person she loved 5 years ago. And she also doubts if Hyun Bin can accept all the fragility she has caused by trauma and depression over the past few years.

"Don't answer now if you still have doubts." Hyun Bin looked at Ye Jin's misty eyes, "Right now I just want you to know that my feelings are still the same for you, and I'm much more ready to marry you than 5 years ago."

"Thank you, oppa... For trying to understand my current situation." Ye Jin smiled, relieved at not having to hurt Hyun Bin with rejection.  Perhaps it was best for her to face the current situation in front of him one by one.  Let time show them, whether it's better to continue the relationship or really separate for good.

"Hey! There you are!" Ye Jin and Hyun Bin were surprised to hear Gong Yoo's voice rushing towards them. "Yu Mi-Gi Dong's adopted sister is here now. I think we should just tell the truth about Gi Dong right now. I'm afraid we don't have much time!" Gong Yoo urged as he grabbed Ye Jin's hand with Hyun Bin trailing behind them.

Ye Jin turned to look at Hyun Bin frantically, unprepared for this sudden change of plans.  What's going on? Why is it now Gong Yoo oppa who is urging them to tell Yu Mi about their relationship with Gi Dong? Hyun Bin looked back at her while nodding reassuringly.  Whatever happens, Ye Jin and Hyun Bin must be able to bring their child home later.

***

Yu Mi waited anxiously for Gong Yoo to return. Haish, where did that Ahjussi go at this critical time. Yu Mi was usually quite amused by Gong Yoo oppa's behavior which sometimes makes a tiring day at the shop where they work more enjoyable. But this time Yu Mi had no time for jokes. She wanted to immediately hug Gi Dong, make sure he was safe and find a place to hide.

Her stomach suddenly felt queasy when Gong Yoo appeared with a beautiful girl with him. Wait, that girl's face looks familiar, is she the girl whose photo was in Gong Yoo's purse that she had accidentally seen once?

A man who was slightly taller than Gong Yoo oppa followed them from behind. His demeanor was calm but his piercing eyes made Yu Mi's hairs stand on end. They are clearly city people, what business they have in Jeju?

"Yu-Mi this is Ye Jin, that one with flat face is Hyun Bin. Please tell them what you just experienced." Gong Yoo pointed at her suddenly.

Yu Mi looked at the two townspeople beside Gong Yoo doubtfully. Did they have anything to do with what had just happened? But since Yu Mi believes Gong Yoo doesn't mean any harm to her, Yu Mi finally starts telling her story.

"Just now... a group of strangers came looking for Gi Dong at the house..."

Yu Mi was surprised to see Ye Jin suddenly stumbled backwards. Fortunately, the man named Hyun Bin immediately grabbed her with amazing reflexes.

"What's this, oppa...?" confused, Yu Mi looked at them alternately.

"Excuse me, has a woman in her 40s visited before in these 5 years...?"  Hyun Bin asked while helping Ye Jin sit across from Yu Mi.

Yu Mi think hard tried to remember, but none of the women with the traits that Hyun Bin mentioned had ever visited, except… "I've only seen women with those traits a few years ago. When Gi Dong was brought to us when he was a baby."

Gong Yoo shook his head in concern while the two people beside him exchanged glances with sad faces.

"What is this, oppa? Why is no one answering my question?" Yu Mi asked again.

Gong Yoo took a seat beside Yu Mi, holding her hand as if mentally preparing before delivering the bad news, "Yu Mi, the woman who delivered Gi Dong as a baby is Hyun Bin's mother... And these two are Gi Dong's biological parents.  "

Yu Mi was flabbergasted by Gong Yoo's words. Ye Jin and Hyun Bin sitting in front of her are Gi Dong's biological parents? That's not possible right? They seemed too young to have a child as big as Gi Dong.

"I gave birth to Gi Dong at the age of 17..." Ye Jin finally spoke up. "At that time Hyun Bin Oppa and I were separated, and suddenly Chul Soo-I mean Gi Dong was kidnapped by his own grandmother..."

Hyun Bin lowered his head holding Ye Jin's shoulder sadly. Yu Mi studied their faces and saw their resemblance to Gi Dong.

"Are...you guys intending to take Gi Dong back...?" Yu Mi asked with trembling lips. If Gi Dong leave she really had no one left.

"Sorry, but we've been looking for Gi Dong for years. Ye Jin even had to undergo therapy until now because of the trauma after losing Gi Dong when he was a baby..." Hyun Bin tried to make Yu Mi understand their suffering.

"Is that oppa's purpose of coming to Jeju, to investigate about Gi Dong and my family...?"  Yu Mi turned to look at Gong Yoo with a hurtful look.

Gong Yoo looked at Yu Mi worriedly, "I-I just meant to make amends... Because I contributed to Gi Dong's disappearance..." he said carefully.

"So.. The people who were looking for Gi Dong earlier, did they have something to do with you guys too...?"  Yu Mi asked scared.

Hyun Bin shook his head with knitted brows, "My mother must have sent them after hearing the news of your mother's death..." he said sadly, "I'm sorry I didn't get to meet her.. Your mother was very kind to me..."

"Gosh.. So oppa is the child that my mom took care of years ago?"  Yu Mi couldn't believe it, "Eomma used to tell me about Hyun Bin oppa..." she recalled sadly.

"She treated me much better than my own mother." Hyun Bin whispered sadly.

"Noona..." Gi Dong's soft voice startled the four of them.  The boy stood in the middle of the door rubbing his eyes.

Yu Mi ran to hug Gi Dong tightly. If he had known this would happen, maybe Yu Mi wouldn't have left Gi Dong here. It was very hard to let go of his adopted brother to his biological parents.

"Noona why are you crying...? Noona is still sad because eomoni died...?" Gi Dong gently wiped the tears on Yu Mi's cheeks. Yu Mi laughed sadly, she should be the one comforting and strengthening her adopted brothrr, why is it the other way around?  "Noona don't be sad, Gi Dong is here.."

Yu Mi's tears really broke now.  If only he had known that they would soon be separated, Yu Mi lived alone and Gi Dong would live happily with his parents.

He wanted to take Gi Dong away from these strangers, unfortunately Gi Dong's safety would be threatened if he stayed in Jeju with her. Moreover, if Gi Dong's grandmother was really that evil to separate a mother and child, Yu Mi didn't dare to imagine how desperate that person was to get what she wanted.

"Yu Mi... Do you really have no one here anymore...?"  Ye Jin asked gently, "Come with us to Seoul. I'm sure Gi Dong wouldnt want to part with you suddenly..."

Yu Mi looked at Ye Jin in disbelief. Was she really going to take her to Seoul...? But what about her house here...? The mourning period is not even over yet, her mother will be cremated just tonight.

"I agree, it's not safe for you to live here with Hyun Bin's mother running around." Gong Yoo chimed in, "Finish your mother's funeral procession first, we will wait here."

"I... will consider it, oppa..." Yu Mi replied hesitantly, "but I have to bring Gi Dong now to pay our last respects to eomma..."

Ye Jin looked at Hyun Bin, worried about their child's safety with the people who were sent by Hyun Bin's mother still looking for him. Not to mention the worry if Yu Mi decides to run away with Gi Dong because she is not willing to hand him over to Ye Jin and Hyun Bin.

"Let me come with Yu Mi." Gong Yoo seemed to read Ye Jin and Hyun Bin's unspoken worries.  "Besides, I also want to pay my last respects to aunty who has always been kind to me."

Hyun Bin nodded in agreement. Right now the most important thing was to keep Gi Dong and Yu Mi safe. Hyun Bin knew exactly that his mother will not hesitate to use violence and hurt others to get what she wants. The last thing he wanted was to lose his chance to get his family back because he underestimated his mother's evilness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 537 24
Yn is currently running to her university because she's kinda late, she didn't took breakfast so she decided to take something from the café and eat...
125K 3.9K 22
"She gave the most sincere smile she could ever muster, as if giving him an assurance that something between them has changed- something turned int...
38.2K 1.9K 14
Sponsored by a new mayor candidate, Hyun Bin with his influencing blog in was in movement to stop the reopening of a gold mine while the incumbent ma...
167K 9.2K 59
All Ye Jin wanted was to lead a simple life. Have an average job, an average family, an average life. But what happens when she gets caught in a sche...