The Consort Of House Marasarah

Galing kay sheldrian26

Isalinah never wanted to be someone important. She never wanted to spotlight or the weight of responsibility... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26

21

399 45 7
Galing kay sheldrian26

Issy was shocked to her core by the series of events that were unfolding. Arion, that arrogant fool had really fucked everything up. The commotion seemed to have caught the attention of the entire room because all conversations had stopped and every vampire in the room seemed to be waiting to exhale.

Issy had to do something to defuse the situation before this matter blew up anymore than it already had. She moved her lips to speak but not a sound came out so she tried again.

"Massillon... " was the only word that came out. No honorific or title accompanied the name.

"MASSILLON!" Issy shouted this time and it seemed to snap the male out of his anger because he turned to face her. His beautiful green eyes were dark with anger and yet cold. His features were so hard as if cut from stone. In that moment she almost didn't recognize that face and that scared her a little making her hesitant to keep speaking.

Some of that fear must have showed on her face because the coldness slipped for a moment and confusion marred his prefect mask.

"Isalinah... Issy," Massillon said in a quiet tone before sighing alond, most of his reason returning to him. Then the embarrassment of the whole situation replaced the rest of his anger. He had allowed the boy to gall him into an outburst in front of some many witnesses to boot; in front of Isalinah. He hated himself in that moment for the look of fear he had seen in her eyes. She must now believe him a beast.

"Let's go Markus," Massillon mumbled as he turned to the nearest exist to leave with whatever self-respect he had left.

"Wait your Grace please!" Shouted a female voice behind him. It wasn't his female's voice but her mother's. The Consort was running after him most likely to beg for his forgiveness. Despite himself, Massillon made himself stop and face the female because she seemed determined to run him down.

The female for her part launched into a rambling apology but Massillon heard none of it. His entire focus was on the now tear stained face of the female he had began to think of as his. Fucking hell, he swore she had started to cry.

When the Consort before him finally stopped speaking and looked at him expectantly, Massillon could admit to himself he had no idea what she had said or what type of response she was expecting because he had been focused on Isalinah's face. So he gave her a curt nod and turned to leave, this time she didn't follow.

Markus stayed close this time as they doubled timed it to the drive way. No doubt he had organized the car to collect them from there. As expected the Maybach was there waiting and Massillon pulled open the rear door and hopped into it; no pageantry this time. He simply wanted to leave.

"Take us straight to the airport. I want to be in the air as soon as possible," Massillon ordered. His tone was tight and he could feel a tension headache starting to form.

His staff had already seem to most of his packing so he really didn't need to go back to the penthouse. The jet was specially designed for travel during the sunlight and he could sleep on the plane if necessary.

As they drove farther away from the palace, Massillon could feel his headache growing more intense as his mind went the highlights of the night. God's above and below, he thought, what a fucking mess. Massillon knew that despite the fact that the Doesharee had been unacceptably rude, he had overreacted and now he had ruined their courtship.

Issy watched helplessly as Massillon practically ran away from her and her House and her stupid family. The male had been embarrassed by his outburst, she could see it in his features but she was prefectly clear in who the true culprit was here. It was the male standing next to her with barely contained smugness.

"What have you done!" She barked at him, she voice tight with burning anger. For the first time that pride seemed to slip and confusion flashed there for a moment before a prefect mask of arrogance and indifference took over. However, Issy was too mad, she knew that her brother did not approve of their courtship but he had gone too far. He had done this on purpose to force a confrontation. She couldn't understand the level of dislike he had towards Massilon or why he would display it in so public a place and manner. Of course, Massillon had lost his cool and she couldn't blame him. He had tried to be civil and friendly with everyone she had introduced him to and Arion had ruined everything.

Issy could feel another emotion threaten to take over once more. Her eyes had betrayed her when she had been forced to watch Massillon march away from them and the entire scene with her mother hot on his tale. Of course she had protected her precious baby boy, Issy thought. Her throat burned with more unshed tears and anger.

"How could you..." she screamed at him again.

She could also feel the eyes of their guest on them as they lapped up every moment like starving scavengers. The fucking vultures made no effort to hide the fact that they were watching the siblings but in the moment Issy didn't care one bit. She wanted to rage and scream at Arion and she didn't care who watched.

"Isalinah please come with me," came a female voice from deep in the crowd turned audience.

It was May who spoke as she pushed her way to the middle of the circle of onlookers gathered to watch.

"Come along." Her tone was firm and carried none of the usual bright, airhead qualities it usually did. She didn't wait for Issy to comply and pulled her along by the arm.

Issy started to fight that firm grip, she was far from finished with Arion and May was not about to pull her away like some small child throwing an unwarranted tantrum in public.

"No!" she began but something in May's serious features made her hesitate and allow herself to be pulled along. May was apprehensive but determined, Issy concluded.

"Isalinah I said to come along," she stated again this time Issy was paying attention she she could tension in her cousin's face.

When she seemed sure that Isalinah would follow she turned to Arion who still remained rooted to the same spot as if frozen by the shock of Issy's accusatory tone.

"You cousin, must going to our Doeshar's office. You are expected." May continued.
A hushed whisper fell from the crowd still gathered as Lords and Ladies spoke in hushed tones about this new tidbit of information and what it meant for the Doesharee.

Issy again started to resist May's pull which was in the opposite direction. She wanted to go with Arion to their father and demand satisfaction. Her father had not been here when the incident had occurred she needed to make sure that the right series of events were retold to her father. She would not have Massillon made out to be the villain in her father's eyes.

No doubt her mother would take her baby boy's side. She would not outright lie to her mate but she would downplay Arion's rudeness and its effect.

Issy had been so caught up in deciding how she was defend Massillon that she had not realized just where May was leading her. She had been pulled back to the present by her old companion; claustrophobia. May was leading her down a dark poorly light tunnel. The ground slooped downward and Issy almost tripped as she struggled in her nice heels and the dress in the uneven ground.

"Where are we and where are you taking me?" Issy questioned her cousin as she showed no signs of stopping. Issy liked to think she was aware of the wealth and privilege into which she was born but she couldn't begin to understand where in the palace they were or where this corridor lead.

"Crap I forgot about your claustrophobia Issy. Of course you would never come down here but it's the fastest way and you won't want to get boxed in by the crowd." May explained, however Issy was still confused, that is until they reached the end of the corridor and May entered a 8-digit code and the metal door release a loud beep and then May turn the knob to reveal Arion's collection. May stepped into the poorly lit room and flipped a large lever that caused the overhead lights to come on revealing row after row of expensive cars displayed on mini platforms.

Now Issy was confused, she turned to ask May whey they were doing here of all places but she had disappeared down one of the rows. Issy was about to shout for her cousin when she heard May call out to her from several rows down. There were at least 50 sports cars from the pass century in the garage. The collection was worth more than a small fortune and Issy liked where May was going with this revenge scheme. She almost skipped in the direction of May's voice as she wondered which poor baby she would be ruining first. Issy had been so upset that revenge had been the farthest thing from her mind.

"You do remember how to drive stick right?" May asked as she held up a large key chain her hands, offering it to Issy.

"What?" Issy asked in complete confusion.

"Manual Isalinah, all the cars in here are manual so if you are going to drive one that you have to drive stick," May explained.

As comprehension came over Issy, she felt completely mortified and quickly took the offered keys.

"Thank you," she said as her breath caught a little. May waved her gratitude off and ushered she into the car.

"Go get your male," was all she said as Issy hopped into the retro style silver Aston Martin and slowed rolled it down the little platform it was kept on and out the garage and down the little dark road she knew lead to a private driveway at the far end of the palace grounds and eventually to the main road.

May had really pulled through for her and Issy vowed to thank her properly for her fast thinking. She used the slow drive on the pebbled ground of the driveway to reacquaint herself with driving. It had been more than a decade since the last time she had driven an automobile and she had never been a fan of the extra work that driving manual demanded. She wasn't worried about the car or engine as she was sure her brother kept each vehicle he owned in perfect working order, going so far as to have a team of mechanics on staff to see to the cars.

By the time she reached the freeway Issy felt pretty confident and pushed the little car to go as fast as she could manage. She needed to get downtown as quickly as possible. She was also a nervous wreck because she had no idea what she would say to Massillon when she got to his penthouse, but she knew she had to get there. The male was leaving the following next and Issy was afraid that he would refuse to talk to her or end their courtship.

She pushed those kind of thoughts away, there was no way Massillon would react so drastically. She was sure the ride home was enough time for him to calm down and see that her brother's action were childish and not a reflection of her. She had finally found someone she liked and she would not let this courtship be ruined. Issy was also sure that she could quite whatever anger was left in the big male. She had no idea when next he would return to New York and she couldn't stand even the idea of him leaving without them working through the damage her brother had done.

When she reached the hotel where the male had taken her to less than a week ago, Issy could feel a ball of nerves at the pit of her stomach but she refused to let that stop her. She gave the human valet who eyes never left her chest, the keys to the Aston Martin and hurried up the steps to front desk. She demanded to have the penthouse contacted and her presence be made known.

The receptionist looked nervous but rushed to complete the task. Issy was sure her tone had not been the friendliest but she didn't have time for pleasantries. She took a seat in the lobby area and waited.

After several minutes had passed Issy rose again to see what was taking so long. Surely Massillon won't keep her waiting in the lobby like this. She was to debate how many floors of stairs she would have to climb to reach the penthouse because as she recalled the elevator required a special key. She was fit enough to be sure but she wasn't dressed for climbing of any type. The dress barely had enough room in the hips for her to step comfortably.

She was about to go up to front desk again have the receptionist contact the penthouse in her presence this time. This time using her full name and title, when the male server from the night when she had had midnight meal with Massillon approached her.

"Good evening the Lady Isalinah, I am Azakin, Majordomo of the residence of the Doeshar of House Marasarah. I apologise for keeping you waiting." The male stated as he feel into an elegant bow.

"Good night Azakin," Issy replied, "I don't want to hear whatever excuses your have been seen down here to deliver. You will take me up to the penthouse and deliver me upon your Doeshar immediately."

She poured every bit of arrogance and haughty privilege into her voice as she could. She had to see Massillon and talk to him. She could not allow him to leave the continent with such a drift between them. Issy was also a bit upset he had sent the butler to do his dirty work. The male before she for his part looked decidedly nervous.

"The Lady is misinformed as my Liege is not in residence," Azakin responded.

Issy was starting to get annoyed with the male before her.

"What do you mean?" She demanded.

"My Liege left the continent. His plane departed 30 minutes ago." Azakin responded.

All the haughty indifference drained from Issy as the implication of his words sank in. Massillon had left and she wasn't going to be able to fix anything tonight or maybe any night.

"I see," she replied simply no longer trusting her own voice not to betray the emotions welling up inside her. Issy said nothing she gave the male a curt bow and turned to leave. Massillon was gone.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1M 34.7K 40
Book #1 in The Bonds of Fate Series "Excuse me sirs, but I think one of you dropped something." She spoke, her eyes not entirely fixed on them. Her...
135K 2.8K 37
Life is hard when your eighteen, your still trying to figure yourself out and find your place in everything. But its a lot harder when your the only...
4.2K 173 7
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...