The Endearment of a Twin-flam...

By and-the-children-too

(Anakin x Reader AU) Recently heartbroken; you are just a young 17 year old girl that believed you had your e... More

Authors Note; Important
Cast: 1/2
Cast: 2/2
Introduction - Blondie
1 - Yours
2 - Peter Pan
3 - Friends
5 - Lead the Way
6 - Vacation
7 - Angelic
8 - I'm Not Him
9 - Beautifully Tempting
10 - Chivalrous
11 - A Diamond
12 - Leap of Faith
13 - A List
14 - Its a Small World
15 - Lily
16 - Reapers
17 - I Promise You
18 - Officially
19 - Hopelessly Falling in Love
20 - Defending My Honor
21 - Love and Regret
22 - Infatuation at First Sight
23 - Weaknesses
24 - Under the Stars
25 - Girls Day
26 - Andres
27 - Talk
28 - Disgraceful Conversation
29 - Rare
30 - Obsessed
31 - Bet
32 - The Suspected Rat
33 - Euphoric
34 - Dead to Me
35 - Liar
36 - Depressed, Self-destructive, Angry, and Alone.
37 - Him and I
38 - A Second Chance
39 - Thirty Minutes
40 - The Last Time

4 - An Audience

3.4K 168 250
By and-the-children-too

༻✦༺
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4
༻✦༺

2k words

(y/n)'s POV
I continuously glanced at the clock, impatiently waiting for my time to be off of work. And when I wasn't looking at the clock, I was looking out of the windows; anticipating Anakin's arrival.

I currently had about fifteen minutes left of my time here, and he had promised that he was going to pick me up and take me somewhere, although I'm not sure where. But I didn't care, I enjoyed the mystery, along with his company and his friendship. He was making everything that I was going through more bearable by keeping my mind occupied.

But I'm also slightly nervous that he may have forgotten, since being forgotten was something that I was all too used to. Hence why I keep checking, and growing more anxious by the second.

I looked away from the window and sighed as I went back to counting and writing down what pastries we had left. It's what we do to make sure no employees have been sneaking them on the side without paying or marking them out; since we do get two free ones per shift. Then I heard the bell on the counter being rung, and seeing as I was the only one up front at the moment, it was I who was going to have to take the order.

I set the pen and paper down, and made my way to the register, "Hi what can I get for-" I paused when my eyes landed on the last person I wanted to see right now, "Clovis," I uttered his name in surprise.

He looked a bit startled when he saw me, and awkwardly cleared his throat, "Hey (y/n), um—can I just get two of the ham and cheese croissants?" He asked as he slowly slid a few dollars my way, doing his best not to make eye contact with me.

"And don't forget my orange juice babe," Celeste appeared next to him with a smile. She was still in her cheerleaders uniform, so I'm guessing he picked her up after summer practice; at least her he remembers. Her shining brown eyes shifted to me and she kissed him on the cheek; her gaze never leaving me as she so-obviously taunted me, "Hi (y/n), cute shirt." She ridiculed me with a giggle as she eyed me up and down, before walking away towards a small group of their friends. It held both players from the football team, as well as a few of the other cheerleaders.

Clovis's eyes met mine and they held an apology, "I'm so sorr-"

"Two croissants and an orange juice; coming right up." I cut him off as I accepted the money, and placed it in the register, not bothering to give him his thirty cent change.

I spun around to get his order ready, doing my best to hide the tears that were brimming at my eyes. The fact that he brought her here of all places, knowing this is where I work, was the lowest thing he could have ever done, "I didn't know you worked today or else I never would have agreed to come here." He spoke from behind me, trying to defend his shitty actions.

"It's friday," I faced him as I poured the cup of orange juice, "I work morning to noon every Friday, you would know that if you had bothered to remember my schedule." I snapped, and practically slammed the cup in front of him, and small drops spilled over the side; landing on the white counter, "But no, you forgot, like you used to always forget about me. Leaving me to either walk home alone at night, or how about we talk about prom when you left me there and disappeared so I had to call my dad to get me; were you fucking Celeste then too?" I grabbed his croissants and bagged them during my rant and proceeded to throw them next to the juice. His eyes were wide at my blow-up, since normally I'm very calm and collective. I hardly ever cuss, but this little stunt pushed me over the edge, "I don't actually want that answer, I just want you to stay away from me. So enjoy the croissant, although I do hope you choke." I smiled sarcastically before turning around to get back to my inventory.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down, and I heard the sound of his footsteps as he walked away towards wherever table they decided to occupy. Luckily I didn't start to cry again, my anger had taken over more than my sorrow did.

After a few minutes, I finally felt myself calming down, and I set the pen and paper down since I was now done with the inventory. I then heard the bell again, and I sighed; looking up at the clock. It was officially noon, so it was my time to leave, but I figured I'd help Kelly out and take this last order.

I turned and faced the guest at the counter, "That was an interesting little show, do you have a habit of treating all your customers with such hostility?" Anakin leaned on the counter with an amused smirk.

I immediately smiled, feeling my mood lift up, "Only when they're assholes." I walked towards him with a chuckle.

"Ouch," He placed a hand on his chest, "I wasn't that bad was I?" He asked referring to our first encounter.

I pinched my thumb and index finger closer together, "Just a little." I dropped my hand down when he laughed at my gesture, "So," I took off my apron with an embarrassed sigh and , "How much of that did you hear?"

"I walked in around the time you said 'it's Friday'," Okay, so he heard the whole thing, "Then I sat over there in the corner and watched the whole thing play out; you really are a little ball of fire you know that?" He poked my nose with his index finger, making my smile widen, "Then I decided to give you a few minutes to calm down, since you looked ready to commit your first murder," He joked causing me to laugh, gaining the attention of Clovis who I could see from my side vision was now watching us, "And now I'm here, and I'm ready if you are."

I nodded, "I am, let me just tell Kelly that I'm leaving and I'll meet you outside."

"Sounds good," He dug into his leather jacket pocket and pulled out some money; handing it to me, "Buy yourself whatever you want, and grab me a cheese danish please; I've been craving one."

I smiled with another nod and accepted the money, "Sure, are you going to tell me where we're going today?"

He hummed for a moment as he tapped his chin like he was in thought, then he smiled again, "You'll just have to wait and see." He shrugged and began walking backwards towards the door. He shot me a wink before turning around, and almost bumping into someone who was walking from the bathroom, "Sorry," he mumbled the girl an apology and I immediately recognized her.

"Oh it's no problem handsome." Celeste smiled up at him, and he looked down at her with furrowed brows, "I really like your jacket." She attempted to flirt while lifting her hand to touch it.

I stared at her in disbelief; Seriously? Her boyfriend is less than ten feet away from her. I quickly glanced in his direction to see that he was talking to one of his friends; not paying attention to her in the slightest.

Anakin moved away as his face twisted into disgust, "Don't touch me. I have no idea where those sleazy little hands have been." He remarked rudely, making her jaw almost drop to the floor as well as my own.

I'll be honest, I half-expected him to flirt back, Celeste is beautiful. But the way he looked at her would make you think he was looking at a cockroach, "Excuse me-" She began but he cut her off.

"You're excused." He moved past her, and pushed the door open to leave and wait outside for me.

After telling Kelly I was leaving, and getting food for both Anakin and I; I stepped outside and walked towards him, "That was quite a show," I mimicked his words from earlier, "Do you treat everyone with such hostility?" I chuckled while holding out his food to him.

He smiled as he accepted it from my hand, "Only when they're bitches."

I raised my brows at his comment, "You don't even know her, how do you know she's a bitch?"

He shrugged as he pulled a piece of pastry off from the corner and tossed it into his mouth, "I don't have to know her, she was being flirtatious when her boyfriend was right there. Not to mention I didn't like the way she was looking at you earlier when I first showed up."

"And how was that?" I asked curiously. I didn't even notice her looking at me if I'm being honest. I was too focused on my anger towards Clovis.

"The same way I was looking at her." He responded, folding the pastry bag and placing it in his bag and I handed him mine so he could do the same.

"Like she's a cockroach?"

He chuckled as he grabbed the helmet and placed it on for me, "Exactly." He smiled, and his eyes shifted over towards the bakery for a moment. His smile dropped slightly, and he looked back down to me, "Your ex is staring, let's give him something to look at."

And before I could ask what he meant, he lowered himself down and placed a kiss on my cheek; catching me completely by surprise. I immediately felt my cheeks heating up from the act, and my heart began to beat faster than I was used to. His lips were soft and warm, and I strangely found myself enjoying the gesture.

He stood back up straight, and smirked when his eyes scanned my cheeks, "Are you blushing?" He asked with a head tilt.

I instantly shook my head, "No it's just hot today." I responded a little quickly, and his face said it all; he didn't believe me.

He looked up at the sky then back down to me, "It's seventy-six degrees."

"Let's just go." I looked away from, and walked toward his bike.

He chuckled as he followed behind me before stepping in-front, and bringing his leg over to sit. Then he waited for me to get on behind him, "Once again, try not to suffocate me." He teased.

I giggled as I got on and hugged him from behind, "Don't go up any hills and you should be fine." I laid by head on his back like I enjoy doing, it somehow makes me feel a little safer.

I sighed as I opened my eyes, and peered through the bakery windows; my gaze landing on Clovis. I was startled for a second, since it was actually only him looking at me. It was their entire table; all of his friends that I personally knew, an annoyed looking Celeste, and her friends that I hardly knew.

"It appears we have an audience," I mumbled when I heard him turning on his bike.

"I know," He chuckled and I could hear it rumbling through his back, "They've been staring since you walked out of those doors."

I closed my eyes so I could no longer see them, even though I could feel their gazes burning holes into me, "Let's get out of here."

༻✦༺
I know this story is moving a bit slow, but I'm just taking my time with it. I have plans for future chapters and even some good old-fashioned drama to make it more exciting. But in all honesty, it's a love story so I really will be focusing on their relationship a lot. I'm sorry if it's boring right now but I swear it'll get more interesting.
༻✦༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...