our last winter || james pott...

By notcoucou

With his hands crossed in front of him, the Professor watched the girl carefully, as if expecting her to brea... More

cast
prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
epilogue

11

5.8K 202 43
By notcoucou

January 1st, 1977

As the year of 1977 was welcomed, James and Donna were still on each others arms. James dipped his head to kiss the girl once more, bringing his hand to cup her face, as his thumb caressed her cheek. The girl smiled in the kiss, and soon the bespectacled boy smiled as well.

He moved so Donna's back was on the rail and he was hoovering over her, their lips still connected as he pressed his body on hers, making the girl sigh.

But soon, red locks and green eyes flashed on James' mind, and he suddenly pulled away from Donna, as if she was poisonous. Donna frowned, seeing his expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked, extending her hand to hold James' face, but the boy took a step back from her. Her eyes flashed with hurt.

"I-I need to go." He didn't give Donna time to answer before turning away and hurriedly leaving the balcony. Donna just looked at the boy's back, her heart hurting from rejection.

She couldn't understand what she had done wrong. Her mind replayed the moment to see if she had done something to anger the boy, but she simply hadn't done anything.

'Maybe you suck at kissing.' Her conscience shouted and she furrowed her brows. 'But then he would've ran away the moment I kissed him.' She retorted.

'Maybe you have bad breath. You did eat that ugly snack.' Donna's eyes widened and she brought a hand to her mouth, breathing on it so she could smell her breath. 'Nope, no bad breath.'

She ran out of ideas of what could possibly had caused him to run away and she sighed in defeat.

Donna decided to go back to the manor, exhausted, physically from the ball, and mentally from the last minutes.

'What a way to start the new year.' She thought.

After going down to the ball room, she went towards her grandparents. Her grandma held a knowing smile on her face.

"Nonna, can I go back home? I'm a bit tired." She asked her grandma, who instantly frowned.

"Alone?" Lucia raised an eyebrow, suspicious.

"Well, yes. You don't have to come if you don't want to." Donna answered, not understanding why her grandma narrowed her eyes at her.

"What about James?" Lucia tried to ask as if she didn't know anything, but this time, Donna narrowed her eyes.

"I don't know where he went." Giuseppe just stared at his wife and granddaughter confused, not understanding why there were so many eyes narrowing.

"Yes, pumpkin, you can go. Just make sure the doors are locked." The man said, narrowing his eyes as well, not wanting to be left out. Donna and Lucia just looked weirdly at him.

"Okay, thanks." She gave them a small smile, and turned around. But before she could walk away, she gave them a hug. "Happy new year. I love you."

She went towards the fireplace, taking the powder and saying where she wanted to go, and, in seconds, she was back at her home.

She checked to see if the doors were closed and she went to her bedroom. She was eager to get out of the dress, wear her nightgown and take off her makeup so she could pity herself comfortably on her bed.

After being ready to sleep, she laid on her bed. But her mind was working too fast for her to be able to sleep.

She didn't know how long it has passed since she laid on her bed, but when she heard a light knock on her door, she assumed her grandparents were back. She got up to open the door, but she was surprised to see James Potter outside her bedroom, still with his white dress shirt (though with the sleeves folded up to his elbows) and dress pants.

She furrowed her brows at the boy, who held his head down.

"Can we talk?" He asked her.

"Sure." She opened her door, but extended her hand to stop him. "Wait, are you sure you're not gonna run away right after? Just to be sure, so I can leave the door open to make it easier for you." She had a hard expression on her face, and the boy sighed.

"Please?" He raised his head at her, and she noticed how disturbed he looked.

"Fine." She let him in, and she crossed her arms, waiting for him to talk.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, looking at her with puppy eyes.

"It's fine, James." She sighed. "I just want to know what happened."

James ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"I don't know." He just answered and the girl scoffed.

"You don't know?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's what I said, isn't it?" James retorted and the girl huffed, turning around. He closed his eyes in regret. "Sorry, sorry."

"Look, if you're just gonna be an arse every time and then apologise with these bloody puppy eyes, I really don't want us to be friends."

"No, I'm sorry, I really am. I just...." He sighed, not knowing what to say. "I freaked out, okay?"

"Why?" Donna asked, confused.

"Merlin, I don't know!" He exclaimed, opening his arms in frustration.

"So, Potter, when you decide what you want to tell me you can come back, I'm tired and I just want this day to end-"

"Godric, you drive me utterly mad!" He exclaimed and the girl scoffed.

"I drive you mad? You are the one who one day is the sweetest boy and the other act like some bloody git!" She retorted, angry.

"That's because I can't stay too long with you without going crazy." He yelled, and the girl was happy that she mustered a silencing spell on her room, or else they would wake her grandparents.

"Get out, James." She laughed bitterly, but the boy didn't move. "Get out, or I swear on Merlin's beard that I will hex you-"

She was interrupted by the boy connecting their lips in an angry kiss, and she widened her eyes in surprise, but soon kissed him back. James cupped her face with his hands, trying to keep her as close as possible. They pulled slightly away minutes after.

"You do things with me." He whispered and the girl opened her eyes. "Things that I've never felt and that I can't explain at all."

"You do things with me too." She admitted, smiling.

She pulled him for another kiss, and they walked till they got to her bed, James gently pushing her to lay on it and laying on top of her, with one hand supporting his weight as the other one gripped her hips. They were sloppily kissing each other, refusing to pull away as they tried to pull the other closer, even though it was impossible.

James' lips traveled through the girl's jaw before kissing her neck, making the girl sigh as she tugged the curls of his hair tighter. He went back to kiss her lips, but he pulled away right after.

"Are you sure?" He said, lips still connected.

"Are you?" She pulled away slightly. James desperately nodded and she chuckled. "Then I am too."

She kissed him once more.

"I don't have a condom." He groaned, mad at himself for not bringing one.

"It's okay." She whispered. "I'm on birth control potion."

"Oh, thank God." James mumbled and the girl laughed.

Donna pushed him so he could lay on the bed and she could be on top of him, straddling him. She started to undo the buttons of his shirt, not disconnecting their lips, when his hands grabbed hers.

"What were you saying about hexing me?" He whispered, a smirk on his face.

She pulled him back at her, needing to kiss him just like she needed to breath. The bespectacled boy smiled and put his hands on her hips, trying to bring her closer. "Shut up."

❆ ❆ ❆

Hours later, the sun was starting to rise, and the two teenagers were wrapped in each others arms. Donna's back was pressed on James' chest, and the boy held the girl tightly by her waist, caressing it with his thumb.

They were in silence, although they both knew the other was awake. They were just laid on the bed, tangled on the sheets, enjoying being so close to the other. But, unfortunately, they both knew that they had to part before anyone would wake up and find them together on Donna's bed.

"I should go." James whispered, pulling the girl closer.

"Yeah..." she hummed, but none of them made a move to let the other go.

The bespectacled boy chuckled, hiding his face on the crook of the girl's neck, leaving a quick kiss there.

They stayed like that for what seemed forever, but it hadn't been more than ten minutes.

"I really should go." James repeated and Donna smiled.

"You should." The boy kissed the girl's bare shoulder before letting go, taking his boxers and pants from the floor.

He looked at the girl sprawled on the bed, her messy hair and tired smile making him shiver. He just wanted to jump on the bed and kiss her senseless.

And that's exactly what he did.

Donna laughed when James plopped on top of her, leaving small kisses on her whole face while smiling and trying to hold back his laugher. He pulled away and stared at the girl's blue eyes, finding himself lost on her gaze. He leaned his head to give her one last peck on her lips, smiling brightly as he took his shirt and buttoned it before leaving the room to go to his own.

The italian laid on her back staring at the ceiling, her mind replaying the night as she held a big smile on her face, feeling it getting hot as she reminded the things they did hours prior.

Minutes later, she got up from her bed and went to her bathroom, taking a long shower. She hadn't slept a wink, but she felt energised as if she had just woke up from a twelve hours nap.

After she finished her shower, she decided to wear a bikini and a yellow sundress, thinking of taking James to her favourite place on the city. She got down the stairs with the same smile on her face, meeting all the adults there.

"Good morning." She exclaimed, sitting on the stool behind the counter so she could face them, putting some coffee on a mug. "Happy new year!" She turned to Mia and Fleamont, not having seen them last night.

"Happy new year, sweetie." Euphemia answered.

They all started some light conversation while they had breakfast, when James entered the kitchen, wearing a blue, short sleeved button shirt and a grey pair of pants. He smirked at Donna's direction, and the girl rolled her eyes, holding back her smile.

"Good morning." He said, walking behind the counter that Donna was sitting on. He neared her as he was taking a mug to pour some tea, and he discreetly put his hand on the girl's tight, making her shiver.

"What are you two planning on doing today?" Lucia asked, sharing a knowing smile with Euphemia that went unnoticed by the others.

James looked at Donna's direction. "I was gonna show James some places that we couldn't see the other day." Donna shrugged, smiling as James nodded.

"Sounds great." He said, squeezing his hand on her tight. She slapped it, making him let out a small yelp that he covered coughing. Donna smirked as he cleared his throat. "We can go after breakfast."

"And how did you two liked the ball yesterday?" Euphemia questioned, smiling at them.

"Oh it was great." Donna said, smirking slightly as she took a sip from her coffee. 'Two can play this game.' She thought as she raised her leg to caress James', making his shoulder tense.

"I-it was good. The manor was beautiful." James stuttered, trying to calm himself while the girl teased him.

"Oh, indeed it was." Euphemia agreed, smiling at Lucia. "I particularly adored when the fireworks started, didn't you, Lu?"

"Oh, it was the absolute best, Mia!" They shared another knowing smile, and their husbands just stared at them confused.

"Yes, at the beginning it was nice, but then it became a bit boring, you know? I could swear some people ran away after sometime too." Donna looked at James as she said, making the boy flush.

"They were probably scared of how intense the fireworks were." He retorted, narrowing his eyes at the girl.

"Yeah, they must be some cowards." James pinched Donna's side, and she bit her lip, holding her laugh.

"Anyway, we should get going. Come on." He grabbed Donna's arm, pushing her out of the kitchen before anyone could say anything.

"We have weird families, don't you think?" Fleamont muttered to Giuseppe, who shook his head while drinking his coffee.

"Tell me about it." The italian answered, going back to read the Daily Prophet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 74 13
The marauders are starting their last year at Hogwarts. Unfortunately, there are being confronted to a brand new situation. This is a little tribute...
869K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
7.1K 216 33
"I remembered that you said that I'm always welcome at your house." Sirius mumbled. "I guess that was only when we were on good terms." Lorelai grabb...
12.1K 342 29
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...