SETH (Book Four)

By authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

ELEVEN

255 15 0
By authormsdevera

"Stop slouching over there. The vibe in this room is feeling uncomfortable because of one person pouting, Seth." I say through the tall mirror as I finish fixing my tie.

Seth wasn't too happy I'd be leaving the state - again. After a few days of bed rest, I can finally continue my mission. He has been begging me not to go. After the talk about my job being too dangerous and risking my life. What can I do?

The Order is still active, making children's lives miserable. Eve and her minions walk around the world as if they own it.

I can't let the Order sully the world with their manipulation and belief.

"Seth, I don't like this attitude of yours." I was getting antsy. "Look at Persephone; she looks calm and not even complaining."

I look at the child on my bed with an iPad in her lap and an Apple Pen that I had Kendall ordered for me. She is doing whatever on her new device and not paying attention to the adults in the room. I perk up a smile and glade Persephone acts like the teenager she's supposed to be.

I was afraid that Persephone's mind was still locked in the Order. That fragile child wanted to be free in search of her mother. I'm still waiting for the results from Hector. My patients aren't limited, but I am keeping this child here with me, especially now that Eva has been informed her 'special' child is gone. She will do anything to get her back. I can't put Persephone at risk. Although this mansion is the safest place and the people working here are trained professionals and can protect her, in my gut, I feel uneasy leaving her.

Eva is a cunning woman and can find a way to see you.

"I'm not complaining, Terry," Seth begins to protest. "I just...how long will you be gone?"

I turn to face him and Persephone. "This job was supposed to take at least months. It was cut short because I took Persephone back to LA and got shot. So, now that I'm healed, I have unfinished business to attend to."

"You are going with those two goons outside, are you?" Seth's smiles fade, and he thumbs his finger at the door where Ghost and Gunner are waiting for me.

I sigh and shake my head.

He is still not used to those two whenever they are around, especially when close to me. I explained to Seth that Gunnar and Myles are like my brothers, and we've been through harsh climates and been chased by angry neo-Nazis.

"Gunner is our armory tech, and Ghost is a master of disguise. Of course, they are tagging along. I'm their leader." I explain to him.

"Why can't I come?"

I groan.

Not this again.

"Seth, for the last time, no," I warn him with a glare. "Also, are you supposed to go back home?"

I didn't want to sound agitated toward Seth. He stayed as I healed my gun wound and bonded with Persephone. Sebastian had him stay in one of the guest rooms because Odin permitted it. I don't mind him being around, but I'm still not finished with my mission.

"My brothers know I can care for myself and allow me to stay as long as I want." It's more like he begged. "Besides, I'm worried."

As soon as his voice dropped, I couldn't help but look into those sad blue puppy eyes on his. He still worries about me getting more than a gun wound to the side. The doctor told me that Seth had never left my side when I fell unconscious. During that time, I always felt someone watching me in the dark, and because I was injured, I couldn't face the enemy until I learned it was Seth, who had always been by my side.

I don't know why he didn't tell me he had accompanied me, but I assumed he didn't want me to know.

I'm unsure of his actions, especially that night. Here is my room, where he hugged me surprisingly as I cried. Then, in the middle of the night, I woke up in shock that I had cried myself to sleep in the arms of none other than Seth. My back was against his chest, and his associates were around my waist. I was in a challenging situation because I was lying in bed with Seth, but I worried that he would touch me inappropriately somewhere. Luckily, I was wearing my bind, which hides my chest.

That night, I watched the man who entered my life sleep. I watch as his chest rises and falls, his soft snores as he exhales through his nose. I studied the man who can have any girl he wants but wants to spend time with me. This beautiful island man is sleeping on the same bed as me. I rub my chest, having that thumping feeling. I hate getting close to men, especially what happened during my childhood. I hate men touching me as it reminds me of him. Though I overcame it throughout the year, I can never forget it. But when Seth touches me, I feel warmth and calm from him. He can make the raging monster inside be tamed.

I heard stories from the girls and their men that Seth was a much bigger player than they were. When they were young, their dad was stationed in Japan, and to give a big present to their mom, Seth and his brothers had to work in an unfamiliar place where you have to speak the language.

I heard that Seth's job as a teenager was as an escort. He was picked because of his pretty-boy face. He had many female clients and some males as well. So, it got me thinking if he goes both ways. His becoming close to me the first time we met made me wonder if he saw me as a man. All the blind dates I had to go on with him had me uncomfortable being his wingman. I remembered he was giving me advice on how to court women. Of course, I was furious and yelled at his face not to get into my life regarding relationships.

At that time, I became sensitive and stupid. Seth tried to help me, but I got mad at him because I'm a woman.

A soft knock returns my senses from my mind as Gunner sticks his head. "What is it?"

"Cap, Ghost is on the phone with the Big Boss," he says. His expression tells me that something is wrong. Big Boss he is referring to is Odin.

Am I in trouble or something?

"Okay, what does it have to do with me?" I ask him, then look at Persephone and Seth's curious faces. "Why didn't he call me through my phone?"

Gunner shrug. "I don't know, but he wants to talk to you."

I nod and follow Gunner out of the room as he leads me to the office, where I find Ghost on the phone.

"Yes, sir," he replies and spots me. I close the door and stand next to him. "Yes, sir. She is here. Okay."

Ghost hands me the phone and leaves the room. I place the voice in my ear and answer. "Sir?"

"Terry dear, how are you feeling?" Odin's voice is heard on the other end of the call.

"I'm fine, sir. I can still feel the sting, but I'm okay."

"That is good. When I heard from Kendall that you were shot, I would be worried about you, but knowing you and you've been through more dangerous shit."

I let out a chuckle, agreeing.

"Now, back to the real reason, I had called through Myles' phone instead of yours," Odin's voice became severe as it made me straighten my back. When his voice becomes severe, this call is not personal but business.

I swallow hard.

"I call through this phone instead of yours because we are being cautious when Eva hacks your number."

"Are you saying she knows I infiltrated the auction house?" I feel very uneasy. I had the perfect disguise because Eva didn't know it was me whom she kept as a pet.

"Our spies told us that one of the Order members told Hugo that a woman had taken her child away. She even filed a kidnapping claim to the authorities, but Kendall had to redirect the claim to one of her people."

"Her child?" I scoff at the word coming from Eve.

Her child? Eve isn't the type to have or care for a child. The child may be unique to her, but there is no special feeling between a mother and her child.

Eve is not cut out for her mother after being through with her own.

"Yes, the child you had rescued," Odin explains. "When Ghost had informed me that you kept an Eden Child. What made you take in this child?"

How can I forget that name?

Eden Child.

I wanted to forget that name. The name Eva gave to her unique child. The thought of the name cringes my whole body and makes my blood boil because I was one - Eden Child.

An Eden Child, you are picked by Eva to stay with her. Different from other children, you are unique. You are treated special because Eva prophesied your purpose of being the sacrifice for their make-believe God. You become the soldier of God and a saint of the Order that will build her fantasy kingdom of heaven.

Bunch of bullshit!

"Odin," called by his name. He doesn't mind. After all, he took me in and treated me as one of his children. "There is something about her."

"Like what?"

I exhale. "I don't know. But when I found her, I first saw her through her, but as we bonded through the past few days. I don't usually interact with a child because of my past, but with Persephone, she...I feel something for her. Like I had known her for so long. I know I don't have any siblings knowing of my birth parents, but something about the child makes me want to protect her."

I hear a commotion of female laughter outside after explaining to Odin this uneasy feeling for a child and looking through the glass window. I found Seth and Persephone playing in the backyard, blowing bubbles.

I smile as I watch two people who make me want to protect them. Persephone, in her teens, is playing with bubbles like a child. Her age didn't matter because how she smiled brightly and laughed struck an arrow in my heart. Then I avert my eyes on Seth, who is blowing the bubbles and is acting more like a child than Persephone, but he seems to have fun. They say there is a funcle, a fun uncle. His nieces and nephews love him so much because he loves kids.

That struck another arrow through my heart. I clench my chest and groan.

"Terry? Terry, are you okay?"

I breathe through my nose and calm my heart down before answering. "Yes, I'm okay. I just had a little dizziness." I lied.

"As long as you are okay, my dear, I don't want to lose you like I lost my son."

I know Odin is sensitive about talking about his only son and how he lost his wife and son because of what he does. But he makes his amends by spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Odin may be one of the most dangerous men globally, but when it comes to the family, he will do anything to protect them.

"I won't die easily, Odin," I tell him with a grin. "I still have unfinished business with Eve."

"I know, so I want you out."

I frown and turn away my eyes from Seth and Persephone. "I'm sorry, sir. What do you mean?"

"I know how much catching Eva and bringing her cult down will ease your heart, but for the first time, I want you out of the mission and, from now on, stay in Long Beach."

"Sir, why are you starting to change your mind?" I want to laugh. I cough up a couple, not believing what I hear from the man who supported me. "I'm this close to taking the bitch and her stupid cult down, and you are telling me to end this mission that I had planned forever."

I couldn't believe it. My voice is rising without realizing who I'm yelling at. I couldn't help it. I can't express how I feel about this.

"I understand your anger," he exclaims. "But this secret mission you have been doing for the past years, I realized it is getting more and more dangerous once you are close to your main target."

I let out hot air through my nose.

"Listen to me." Odin's voice became stern. "This secret mission, you are no longer leading it."

"What?!" I scream through the phone with anger. "Odin, please. Suppose I'm not leading, then who will take over? There are still children out there. No need for rescuing."

"Myles will take command from now on."

I have no objections if Odin allows Ghost to lead, but this is my secret mission. I should be the one to show it.

"Why? Is it because I took in an Eden Child? Are you afraid that Eva or her men will look for her? You know what I am capable of. Those fuckers don't scare me."

"Terry, my child. Please, calm down. I know; I was in your position, too, when I wanted to take down those who ruined me—those who wanted to use my life in their control. Look what happened when my mind was full of rage and revenge. I lost the only woman I love and the only child to whom I never got to apologize. " Odin sighs, and I can sense the stressed voice over the phone while arguing with him. "So, when Myles sent me the report of that night, I thought of losing you. I took you in and raised you into the person you are today. We may not be blood, but you are my child. I don't want to lose you."

This is the first time Odin has become emotional, especially regarding terms with the family. I always considered him a father figure and also my savior. I would put him first because of everything he has done for me. He always supports my decision in life, and right now, this conversation about me dropping the mission and living everyday life is the first I have ever heard from him. I dressed as a man and stayed this way until Eva and the Order were taken down for good. Then, I can return to the woman I was born to be. Taking down evil cults and Order bases was my goal in life. I want them gone forever. I wanted a world where a child can feel safe, especially with the people who will love and protect her.

I heard Odin's voice over the phone. I wonder why he will take me out of my mission. He always respects my decision, but something in him has changed.

"Terry, I'm sorry, my child," Odin's voice became soft as it soothed my anger. I can't argue with him anymore. I know he cares for me, even to take me off the mission. "Starting tomorrow, I had bought a house a few blocks away from Effie. I want you and Eden Child to stay there. I know you are eager to return to the field, but she is your responsibility because you took her into your life. You have to protect her from Eva and the Order from now on. Understand?"

Now I understand a bit. He and I were thinking about the same thing about a special childlike Persephone. He probably feels that leaving her with more strangers to protect her, Eva must have someone who can bypass the security, and the only person who can give the child a safe life is the one who saved her life.

I sigh and brush my hair back, looking back at the window where I see Persephone and Seth having a picnic.

I realize now why Odin would have me do this to protect this child, which I've taken away from the most dangerous place. I didn't want any danger from her. I want to protect her. I don't want her to end up like me when I was her age. Her life is too precious to even go through that.

"I understand, sir," I whisper, surrendering, no longer arguing.

"I know how much your revenge means to you, but as I said, I don't want to lose you. I don't want to lose any of my people."

"I know."

After a talk with Odin, I left the office. Ghost and Gunner were waiting, and I returned the phone to the owner.

"I'm sorry, Cap," Ghost returned his phone in his pocket. "I tried to persuade him but-"

I raise a hand to stop him and flash a faint smile. "No, I understand. I'm getting too much of my rage and revenge, taking down Eva and her minions. Odin was just a protective." I chuckle softly.

"So, what will you do, Cap?" asked Gunnar.

"Being a normal person for once." I shrug.

I walk past them and pat Ghost on the shoulder to return to the room. Shut my door, lock It, and drop back on the bed, sighing as I stare at the ceiling, not understanding what happened.

All my life worked on taking down Eva and the Order and saving the child of the future, and I can no longer be a part of it. Now, my primary mission is protecting Persephone, an Eden Child. The child I had promised to protect and find her mother. I wanted to go against Odin's Order, but the thought of Persephone came to my mind.

I closed my eyes, thinking of the challenging things of caring for a child in her teen. I don't know the first thing about raising a child. I distance myself from the children at Effie's house because a flashback of my child appears in my hand as if she was there while I...

I groaned and turned to my side and curled up in a ball, trying not to remember that part of my memory.

Tomorrow, I need to talk to someone. Someone who can help me raise a child and someone with a son almost close to Persephone's age came to mind.

I lift myself from the bed and pull out my phone to call the person I need help with. After one ring, she answered.

"Hey, Claire. I need your help on something."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 22 10
Seth is young man. He has a good paying job and a good life. He's happy, and then he runs into the love of his life while shopping for groceries. She...
34.9K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...
234 5 5
A mate is supposed to love you. A mate is supposed to cherish you and all that you do. A mate is to treat you right because that's your other half...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...