Our Destiny

By mnjlnn

Severus Snape falls hopelessly in love with a girl named Lily but then he later found out that she was murder... More

DISCLAIMER
AUTHOR'S NOTE
I. First day at Hogwarts
II. Troll in the Dungeon
III. Fountain of Fair Fortune
IV. Scrivenshaft's Quill
V. Inspection of Umbridge
VI. The Three Broomsticks
VII. Whomping Willow
VIII. Sonnet 130
IX. The Secret Savior
X. Expecto Patronus
XI. The Dreamless Potion
XII. Remus Lupin
XIII. The Marauders
XIV. The Aurora Borealis
XV. Beginning of Together
XVI. Red Chrysanthemum
XVII. Infinity Pendant
XVIII. Yule Ball
XIX. Tom Riddle
XX. Death Eater
XXI. Greatest Phobia
XXII. Avada Kedavra
XXIII. Nagini's Venom
XXIV. The Elder Wand
XXV. The Secret of Horcrux
XXVI. Order of the Phoenix
XXVII. The Battle of Hogwarts
XXVIII. The Great Lake
XXIX. The Counter-Curse
A/N: You are invited!
XXX. White Gown
XXXI. Yellow Person
XXXII. Little Snape
XXXIII. Alexander Colonel
XXXIV. The Boy in the Bubble
ACKNOWLEDGMENT
ACHIEVEMENTS

XXXV. Back at Hogwarts

450 21 20
By mnjlnn

FINAL CHAPTER

FIVE YEARS LATER

King Cross Station remains exactly as it was when I arrived for the first time as a first-year Hogwarts student. Alex was both excited and nervous. He was astounded by the way 9 3/4 worked. Severus arrived at Hogwarts earlier than usual, as he is the new headmaster. We purchased all of Alex's Hogwarts supplies yesterday in Diagon Alley, and he now has his white owl named Sinclair. His wand is 11 inches long and made of hazelwood and veela hair. We took our seats in the front compartment and the train departed promptly at 11 AM.

"Mom. What would happen if I didn't sort to Slytherin?" He asked. I smiled and put my hands on his face. I told him that I was the only Slytherin in a family of Gryffindor and he smiled.

"You must be a good boy because your father is the headmaster of the school who also teaches potions while I teach defense against the dark arts." He gave a nod to me.

The train finally arrived at Hogwarts after two hours. As soon as we stepped off the train, we found Hagrid. He greeted me and extended a greeting to Alex. I left Alexander with him because I needed to go inside at the moment. They are probably searching for me in the great hall.

I walked into the Great Hall and saw many students from the second year to the seventh year chatting and laughing. There was a slew of Hogwarts professors awaiting the first-year students' arrival. The sorting hat and wooden chair had already been placed in front of them. I sat down next to Severus and he noticed me.

"Where's Alex?" He asked then he kissed me.

"Outside." I replied.

Professor Flitwick approach me and said "Adelia! It was a pleasure to see you again."

"It was also a pleasure to see you again, Professor." I replied, smiling.

Minerva arrived in the hall, with the first-year students lining up behind her. Hogwarts was breathtaking to Alex, who couldn't believe his eyes when he saw it for the first time. It was time to sort the students into their respective houses.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted." Ms. Minerva said.

"Alexander Colonel Snape." Minerva called, and Alex sat down. The sorting hat was placed on his head by Minerva.

"Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting. So where shall I put you?" The sorting hat said. "Slytherin!"

The entire Slytherin house erupted in joy. I noticed Severus smiling as he clapped his hands. Minerva stands up for the announcement as the sorting ceremony concludes.

"Hogwarts has a new headmaster and we are pleased to share this news with you. Let's all welcome, Severus Snape!" everyone claps as Severus rises to his feet.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I'd like to introduce our new professors. Let us extend a warm welcome to Mr. Neville Longbottom who has agreed to fill the Herbology position left vacant by Ms. Sprout's retirement."

Everyone welcomes Neville as he rises to his feet. Seeing him again as a co-professor was a pleasant surprise. I also heard that Hermione is now the Deputy Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic, while Harry and Ron have been promoted to Aurors.

"Finally, but certainly not least, my beloved wife, Mrs. Adelia Snape who has returned to us to fill the vacancy left by Mr. Slughorn's retirement. Additionally, she will serve as the Head of Slytherin. Welcome back to Hogwarts!"

Everyone including Severus, joins in the applause as I rise to my feet and bow in thanks.

ALEXANDER'S POV

"Let the feast begin!" My dad said and the food appeared like magic on the table. The dishes in front of me were now piled with food. I piled my plate with a bit of everything and began to eat. It was all delicious.

"Hi. What's your name?" The question came up by a stranger sitting next to me.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Snape and you are?"

"Edward Lupin but you can call me Teddy or Ted."

"Oh. Uncle Remus is your father! I'm happy to hear that you were sorted into Slytherin, too."

Suddenly his face changed. "I was surprised that I sorted into Slytherin. Gryffindor is my dream house."

"It's alright! Slytherin was a great house too! Look how remarkable my parents are."

"Yeah. Thanks." He smiled and we continue our food.

"So, how were they doing?" I asked him.

"bout my parents? Oh. They were both employed by the government agency in charge of magical affairs."

He suddenly whispered, leaning in closer to me. "The girl in your front was staring at you." Then I turned around and saw the girl. She shifted her gaze. Coughing, I introduce myself as Alex. She immediately accepts my handshake when I offer it.

"Yes I know you, I'm Victoire Weasley and who are you, then?" She fixes her gaze on Teddy who choked on his meal.

"Hi. My name's Teddy. It's a pleasure to meet you." He grinned.

After the ceremony, our house prefect escorted us back to our common room. The entrance to the common room is located behind a bare stretch of stone wall in the dungeons of Hogwarts. A password is required to enter it; whereupon a passage is revealed leading to the common room

"domum callidorum" Our prefect said.
  (House of cunning)

The common room is a dungeon-like room with greenish lamps and chairs. This dungeon extends partway under the lake, giving the light in the room a green tinge. The common room has lots of low-backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas; skulls; and dark wood cupboards. It is decorated with tapestries featuring the adventures of famous Medieval Slytherins. It has quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one.

Before going to bed, Teddy and I played wizard chess which we both enjoyed.

ADELIA'S POV

"I'll see you again next week. Thank you." I said and Gryffindor first year walked away.

Today, I completed all of my classes. Alex is still in his final class, which is in his favorite subject, Herbology. I also discovered that he has two new friends, Teddy and Victoire.

I went to see Severus in the Headmaster's office but he wasn't there. I asked as to whether Professor Minerva had seen Severus. She stated that he visited the Astronomy Tower to have fresh air.

I made my way to the Astronomy Tower and found him there, all by himself. I stood next to him and he saw me.

"The views are beautiful, isn't it?" He said while watching the sunset.

I nodded and said "Yes, they are beautiful."

"But yours hits different" I added as I glanced at him as he admired the view. He shifted his gaze to mine, I notice a curve on his lips.

He's the view that I want to stare indefinitely.

"I remember the times when I came to that tree and found you, that was the moment when time stood still and my heart beat fast again. Meeting you is like a miracle in a world full of billions of people." He was referring to whomping willow.

"Thank you for loving me." I said.

"And thank you for choosing me." He said.

"I'll choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'll find you and I'll keep choosing you." I smiled as I said this.

"I'm forever yours, Adelia." He stated and leaned in closer for a kiss. The kiss was still passionate. The feelings remained the same as before. Nothing has changed and nothing ever will.

He is my first and last love.

"Mom! Dad!" We heard Alex yell. He runs over and hugs us.

"Have you completed your class?" I asked, and he responded with a nod.

"How about we visit Hogsmeade?" Severus stated and Alex smiled. It is his first visit. As we apparated to Hogsmeade, Severus held my hand.

We decided to eat at The Leaky Cauldron because it is the most well-known restaurant in Hogsmeade.

"Alex, I used to go to this place with your mother when we were dating back then." Severus said. The whole thing is still fresh in his memory for that was a memorable moment.

The food that we ordered has arrived and we start to eat it right away. All the food was good and Alex wants to come back. It was his first day at school and he tells us how he met his new friends. He grew up well, and I'm proud of how he did. Alex bought gifts for his friends, which he liked. We visit the whole Hogsmeade. We went back to Hogwarts because it was almost time for dinner. Alex went back to his common room.

"He grew up too quickly." Severus said.

"He's still got your eyes." I said. He nodded.

"And he has your lips." He continues.

"He was perfectly made."

"And we were made for each other, darling." We laughed and he kissed me once more.

And this is our destiny.

--THE END--

[A/N: ALTERNATIVE ENDING: SOON]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 1.8K 24
"Just because Lily Evans pushed you away, doesn't mean that YOU have to push everyone else away!" Ariana Hart was furious. She had enough of this. "D...
445 16 5
Flora Etrielle, a 20-year-old homeschooled witch is taken to Hogwarts after her parents are brutally murdered by Death Eaters. Voldemort is on the hu...
67.6K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...
135K 4.6K 22
TW: seriously this story contains a little bit of everything that may trigger you. Idk I was in a dark place. Alex is back. A new year and a new adve...