Paradox [Boboiboy Fanfiction]

By blazingsuns

Paradox /ˈperəˌdäks/ Noun : a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when inves... More

All About Lia
Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N 1
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Special Chapter 01
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Special Chapter 02
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Author's Note and Announcement
Special Chapter 03
Epilogue
Special Chapter 04

Chapter 21

206 10 9
By blazingsuns

Chapter 21

"Why didn't you tell her?"

Boboiboy was back at his place, Fang was there as well because he sometimes eats dinner at the house. It was no secret that Tok Aba serves great food, making Fang go to their house almost every day.

They were both currently at the table, both waiting for Tok Aba to finish serving the food. They wanted to eat when he's there. Boboiboy told Fang about Lia which made him question the elemental hero.

"Are you jealous?"

Boboiboy shrugged. He didn't know why is he feeling this way; he knew that there was nothing wrong with what Lia said. Fang raised his eyebrow, "Well, you said you were bothered at the thought of them together at the play Lia attended. Why do you say so?"

"Because I'm concerned for her, imagine meeting the guy who hurt you. I couldn't imagine how she exactly felt that day." Fang sighed at his friend's reply, he isn't buying the reason stated.

"Well, you could've told her about your concern. And honestly, Boboiboy, if you're just concerned for her about what she felt, you could've told her that right away. But you acted differently and just left her. That doesn't explain the concern you just said." Fang replied.

Boboiboy sighed, "So what are you saying?" Fang gave a smug look, "I'm saying that you have feelings for her and you're feeling jealous with their interaction. Just imagine this, the moment Miguel saw Lia, he realized that how much of a great person he let go off back then."

"Can you stop? I'm getting pissed off with hearing his name." Boboiboy grunted then he rolls his eyes, "Whatever Fang. Thanks for nothing, you're worsening my feelings with your comments."

"Oi! I was just trying to help," Fang defended himself feeling annoyed at what Boboiboy just said. "If you need a second opinion, try to ask somebody else. Make sure you talk to Lia as well because a new year is coming, I'm sure you don't want to enter the new year with that feeling."

After dinner, Fang went back to his residence and Boboiboy helped Tok Aba clean up the table. As he was washing the dishes, he heard Tok Aba ask, "Is everything okay? I heard you and Fang talking about Lia."

Crap. He thought as he continues washing the dishes, "Uhm, yes atok. It's just about Lia seeing someone back in the Philippines." He heard a chuckle from his granddad, "And you're jealous?"

"What?" He reacted turning to him to see the smug look on his face, "No, atok. Why would I be jealous? He's just her friend, I guess." Why do they think I'm jealous? I was just concerned for Lia!

"Yeah right, tell that to her. Based on your conversation earlier, you get pissed when you hear his name. Right, Miguel?" Tok Aba's teasing made worsen his thoughts about Lia seeing Miguel back in the Philippines.

I mean, what if that Miguel wants to get back together with her? Will she allow that? Ugh, why does that look... wrong for me? And why him?!

He wasn't mad at Lia; he knows for a fact that she didn't do anything. Just the thought of the two of them together... it doesn't sit right with him, which made him wonder why because does he even like her?

He just sighed as he goes back in washing the dishes, trying to ease his mind. Once he was done, he bid his granddad a goodnight and went to his room. Ochobot was already in his area, sleeping. He knew the power sphere got tired at the shop.

He got his pajamas from his closet then went to the bathroom to take a bath. Once he got out of the bathroom all dressed up, he heard a ring from his phone. He went by the table to pick it up, it was a notification from Lia.

[9:55 PM]

Lia de Vera 🌷

Hi, are we good? I kind of feel that we're not because of your reaction earlier :< Let me know if something's wrong, thank you hehe :c

Guilt came to him as he reads her message. He didn't mean to leave her off like that, he knows that's where he was wrong. He just couldn't shake off the negative feeling he has about Miguel. And so, he replied to her:

(BBB)

Hi, I'm sorry about earlier.
I'm not mad or anything at you.
I'll explain when I'm ready, something just came up earlier

Oh, sorry to hear that :// I should've asked you if it was okay for me to tell you about him
I'm just here! <3

The two continued to chat much to Boboiboy feeling better. He was now laughing because of the videos Lia sent. Most of them were her just singing at the karaoke when she was in the Philippines.

He also got some pictures of Lia doing cute poses, which she just took minutes ago for him to feel better. "Hay Illana Rei," Boboiboy sighed as he lies down on his bed, then he looks at their conversation. "What have you done to me?"

2 days later, it was New Year's Eve. Some of the members of the gang are coming to Lia's place to welcome the new year together. Lia was currently in her room, preparing what to wear.

Sonobot was gazing at the clothes on her bed, "Okay... You have brought a lot of clothes here. You have anything in mind on what you're going to wear?" Lia sighed, "I'm thinking if I'll go with a dress, pants, or skirt. What do you think?"

"Aish, do you think I know anything about fashion?" Lia shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe? No need to get annoyed, it's an almost new year! Hope your resolution will be getting less annoyed at your owner."

Sonobot sighed, "Whatever." After 30 minutes of still thinking and pairing some clothes, Lia has finally decided to wear something. She immediately took a bath then prepared herself.

"Wow, so much for a new year look." Sonobot playfully said as Lia was fixing herself at her dresser. "Whatever," Lia replied as she was putting on light foundation. Sonobot chuckled, "I was kidding. You look beautiful... Who else is coming here?"

Lia sighed, "Leizel and Fang only. The others prefer to spend Chinese New Year as it's their tradition... But that's okay, I respect that," She smiled. "And I'm glad those two are coming."

"What about Boboiboy?" Sonobot asked that made Lia shrug, "He said he'll be at the shop with atok. They're high on foot traffic now since people want to spend the new year at their shop. They extend their working time in the holidays."

Later on, Lia finished fixing herself. She didn't really put on so much makeup, just the basics like foundation, eyebrows, contour, highlight, blush, mascara, and lipstick. She wore a necklace that her mom gave to her for Christmas.

She checked the time, it was already 7:30 PM and she heard the doorbell ringing. "I think it's them, c'mon." She rushed down the staircase with Sonobot, just in time for Leizel and Fang's entrance to the house.

Fang was wearing a Maroon striped buttoned-up shirt paired with black pants and white shoes while Leizel was wearing a black dress with a white cropped cardigan and a pair of black sandals.

They all greeted each other with a hello and a hug. "Oh wow," Lia laughed at Fang's outfit. "Your outfit looks familiar..." Leizel winked at Lia, "Try to guess what's the inspiration of his outfit."

"You're like one of the guys from Ateneo," Lia remarked as she cracks a laugh. "With your outfit and demeanor, it completes the package." Fang groaned, "Oh, c'mon. Let me live, this is the nicest top I have. Unless you want me to wear the space outfit again."

"Just kidding." Leizel replied as she does a peace sign. Fang just crosses his arms that made the Filipinas laugh at him. Then they heard someone clearing their throat- it was Nathalia who was smiling at them. "C'mon now, let's eat."

They all proceeded in eating dinner. Fang was telling a story about how he met Boboiboy and became his rival back then which made them laugh because of how competitive he was back then.

He also mentioned that he and Leizel would be going back to space to train with Kaizo around January.

"When will you guys be back?" Lia asked as she took a sip from her drink. Leizel shrugged, "I don't know. The shortest time we would be out is... a year." A gasp was heard from the sound heroine, "No way... Seriously?"

Fang nodded, "Uh-huh. You'll probably miss us, huh?" Lia sighed, "Just Leizel, not you." The shadow hero rolled his eyes, "Heh, whatever."

Leizel then started telling a story about how Lia sleeps at night in the TAPOPS-U station, much to her embarrassment. "She's the last one to wake up, auntie. Work time starts around 7 AM and she wakes up around 6:45!"

"Some things never change," Nathalia remarked as she sighs. "At her old school, she had the guts to wake up around 7:00 AM even when classes start at 7:20, and take note the school is a bit far from our old home."

"Hey!" Lia reacted, giving a sulky pout. "That was only one time... well I guess three times." Nathalia laughed at her daughter's reaction, "Don't lie, babes. Better admit your mistakes.

Fang snickered, "Yeah right, tell that to the security guard then. Good thing you're not our batchmate because Yaya would be giving you punishments." Leizel groaned as she remembers that, "The suffer back then."

After dinner, they helped clean the dishes then they proceeded in doing some fun things. There's a karaoke app on the tv so they pushed Fang to sing first since they know he's a good singer.

"Really? I'm not even good at it. I crack my voice when I do a high note." Fang replied, yet he still got the microphone. "Let's go, Fang! I'm sure it's not that bad." Lia cheered, grinning at him.

The next thing that happened is Fang singing a song so perfectly that it shocked the two Filipinas. He was singing Too Good at Goodbyes by Sam Smith, and he was doing it effortlessly.

"Lia, can one's voice impregnate a person?" Leizel whispered to her. Lia responded by giving her a look, a "WTF" look. "Mars, sana okay ka lang." ("Girl, I hope you're okay") Leizel just shrugged, then she goes on cheering for Fang.

After Fang's solo, they both gave him a round of applause, whoops, and cheers. He grinned at them, "Now that's one thing I'm better at, take that to Boboiboy." Lia playfully rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say, Mr. Solo."

Fang sang more songs much to his liking, and much to the Filipinas giggling and cheering for him. He was satisfied with the praises and attention he gets from the singing. "Thank you, you're too kind." He did a bow.

The doorbell was rung that caught their attention. "Eh? Who could that be?" Fang asked. "Are we expecting more guests? It's just us right?" Leizel added on. Lia shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe it's the neighbor, probably going to complain about Fang's singing."

Fang rolled his eyes that made them laugh. Nathalia called out for them, "Can you please open the door? I'm doing something here!" Lia nodded, "Okay, I'll get it."

She left the living room and went to catch the person at the entrance. When she opened the door, her eyes widened at the visitor- it was Boboiboy, Tok Aba, and Ochobot. "Uy! Oh my gosh!"

Boboiboy was wearing a brown polo shirt with cream pants and white sneakers and he wasn't wearing his orange cap. Lia was taken aback by his appearance, she's used to seeing him with the color orange and black. Although Boboiboy Earth's clothing is brown it was like she saw a new side of him.

Wow, he's so handsome. She was starstruck when she saw him.

Leizel and Fang followed her and were surprised at the visitors. "Eh, Boboiboy? Atok? What are you guys doing here?" Leizel asked in confusion. Boboiboy grinned, "Well, we decided to close early today. We feel bad that we won't attend this gathering."

"What? You don't have to... What about the customers at the shop?" Lia answered, surprised at what just happened. "It's New Year, I need a break. It would be better if we'll welcome the new year together." Tok Aba replies, smiling at her.

"Well, come in then! We just started the karaoke." Lia beamed then she allowed the visitors to enter. "Mom! Boboiboy and atok are here! Oh, with Ochobot too!" The moment she said that Nathalia rushed to the living room with Sonobot.

Both were surprised at the sudden arrival, Sonobot went to Ochobot to talk about some things while Nathalia escorted Boboiboy and Tok Aba to eat in the dining area. The other three went back to singing.

It was Leizel's turn, she chose A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carton. Even if she's the only one holding the microphone, Lia and Fang tuned in with her. "'Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles If I could just see you tonight!"

Realizing the lyric, Fang suddenly went to Boboiboy who was heading to the living room, and did a fake cough. The elemental hero looked at him in confusion, "Eh? What's with that? And don't give me a cough!"

"You went here for her, huh?" Fang said as he gives a smug look to him. "Heh, whatever." Boboiboy rolled his eyes, walking to the living room where Leizel was already done and Lia was clapping her hands.

Leizel grinned then he hands the microphone to Boboiboy, "Your turn!" Boboiboy shook his head, "No, no... Give it to her." He pointed to Lia who agreed, "Yay! Me! Me!" Leizel chuckled as she hands the microphone to her.

Lia chose one of her favorite Taylor Swift songs- Shake It Off. Boboiboy smiled as he sat on the couch, "I forgot she's a Swiftie." Fang was clapping his hands as soon as Lia started singing. Leizel was howling.

When her favorite part came on, she sang it with her whole heart:

My ex-man brought his new girlfriend
She's like, "Oh my God!"
I'm just gonna shake
And to the fella over there with the hella good hair
Won't you come on over baby?
We can shake, shake, shake

Boboiboy suddenly remembered Miguel when Lia said ex-man, his face shifted from a smile to a frown. Fang noticed his sudden change of face which made him lean over to his friend and whispered, "You haven't told her, huh?"

"I'm planning to, don't worry." He monotonously replied. He waited for Lia to finish the song and when she did, he gave her a clap with a small smile. Fang and Leizel do the same too.

"Thank you! Heheh!" Lia smiled then hands back the microphone to Fang. Fang agreed to sing again, much to Leizel's pleasure. When he started singing, Leizel automatically cheered for him.

Lia sat beside Boboiboy, "Hi mr. handsome, are you okay?" Boboiboy blushed at the pet name. He remembered how he was insisting Ochobot to check on his outfit and look good for Lia. It worked for him.

Hey, focus!

He nodded with a smile. He was thinking if he should tell her about his ill feelings about Miguel, but that would imply that he's jealous.

Well, nothing will hurt, right?

"I want to talk to you about the other day," Boboiboy started as he looks at her. "Look, I'm sorry about my sudden reaction about Miguel. It's just... I feel uncomfortable knowing you saw him again. I know that guy hurt you, that's my concern."

Why does it still feel a bit heavy even though I said that?

"I understand. Thank you for the concern," Lia returns a small smile. "But I want you to know that whatever he and I had before, it's nothing now. It always has been ever since he dumped me."

"What if he wants you back? He went to you, right?" Boboiboy asked, still feeling the jealousy in him. Lia chuckled, "Why would he? He already has a girlfriend, that's why he was at my old school. His girlfriend plays one of the major roles in the play."

Boboiboy widened his eyes as his lips part. He was speechless, so Lia continued. "And even if he wants me back, I wouldn't allow it. I deserve better, Boboiboy. I know for myself that I do."

He slowly nodded, taking everything she just said. "Okay, okay... I'm sorry." Lia smiled, "No need to be sorry. Thank you for the concern, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable about it." She leaned over and hugs him.

Boboiboy was surprised at the sudden hug, yet he hugged her back feeling... warm.

"Guys, it's 1 minute 'til New Year! Better go out to see the fireworks!" Nathalia called out to them. The teenagers excitedly went out of the house; the adult, elder, and power spheres followed them.

Their neighbors were now outside, and it's down to the last 5 seconds.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

The fireworks started displaying in the sky that made them astonished. As it was displaying, they started greeting each other a happy new year. Boboiboy went to his granddad and Ochobot to greet them.

Lia went to hug her mom and kiss her in which she did the same. She greeted Sonobot and Ochobot too. Sonobot hugged her, much to her chuckling. "Don't forget your resolution okay!"

She also greeted Tok Aba, which he hugged her that surprised her. Yet she hugs back, smiling. "Happy New Year, atok!" Once she pulled away, she went to her friends.

The Filipinas both hugged each other as they were jumping; they were also giggling. "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!"

Boboiboy and Fang were both watching them with a smile, then they greeted each other. "Happy New Year," The shadow hero said giving a fist bump. "Thanks for being a great leader."

"Now that's a change," The elemental hero replied, returning the fist bump. He smiled, "Happy New Year to you too. Hope this year will be great for us." He really does hope because he knows Reverse is still out there. He hopes that he will just go away forever, but he knew it isn't that way.

As he started to think about him, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see Lia, smiling at him. "Happy New Year!" She hugged him, in which he hugged back with a warm smile.

As she pulls away, "You'll be fine this year. And if you're thinking about Reverse, he'll be defeated. We're with you, B. I'm with you." She softly pats his shoulder, making him smile. "Thank you. It means a lot. Happy New Year, Lia."

They continue to watch the display of fireworks. The set was amazing that it really made the viewers in awe. Boboiboy kept on stealing glances at Lia, who was observing the fireworks.

He saw how she was amazed when another firework came up, he loved hearing her oohs and gasps whenever something new came up. He felt his heart racing incredibly. As he looked away from her, he thinks about earlier.

He then realized that he was jealous of Miguel because of the thought of them getting back together, but when she assured him earlier that it won't happen, he felt a little bit better. A little bit because he still didn't admit he was jealous.

He also thought about what she said about Reverse; he saw how caring she was of him. No one else in the gang except for her has been like that, maybe Gopal and Fang because he's also close to them.

But when it comes to Lia, he feels warm at her- everything about her. She's the only one who makes him feel that way. After so many thoughts about her, he concluded for himself.

I like her.

A/N: Hi! I did a double update cos why not :') I hope you enjoyed this one! Btw, I have two days left until I find out if I'll get in to my dream university :') Pls hope that I'll get in huhu.

Finally, BBB admits he likes Lia 👍🏼😛 Oh yeah, one reader suggested the their ship name should be Boili HAHSHSHAHS how does that sound? Leave a comment below! Keep safe everyone! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 102 16
What will happen when expectation doesn't match with reality? Boboiboy is the creation of Monsta. I do not own the characters. It would be great if y...
17.9K 1.1K 16
Life is not what it seems. Especially when you're from a lower class and being ruled by the higher class. Join the Bois as they fight against the o...
14.6K 723 9
A companion to Boboiboy Elemental Problems . Want to know the hidden scenes between the chapters?
1.2K 85 11
"From A daughter of Justice to a Historical Hero. How cliché could it get" - Dame Ying/Ying Li Ying Li was a well known Lawyer for putting criminals...