= Living in infamy = (Infamou...

By Cosmic_Nobody

In a world where 80% of the population has genetic powers or mutations called "quirks", it rare but not impos... More

(Y/N)'s Bio
Chapter 1: Unwanted, yet needed
Chapter 2: Welcome home, (Y/N).
Chapter 3: Oh boy, entrance exams...yay.
A Note From Cosmic_Nobody.
Chapter 4: In Class 1-A, Where all your dreams come true! (Not really.)
Chapter 5: Combat training and wombat maiming
Chapter 5.5: Where There's Smoke...
Chapter 6: Light 'Em Up
Chapter 7: Ghost of Criminals past
(Y/N)'s Bio: Now with 100% more Eyes glow memes!
Chapter 8: Recovery and Experimentaion
Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch
Chapter 9: A Weight off Your Chest
Chapter 10: The UA Sports Festival! (Yay.)
Chapter 11: Lots of pain, and...well, that's it.
Chapter 12: Explosions, Explosions, and More Explosions
Chapter 13: You're Hot Then You're Cold, You're Yes Then You're No...
Chapter 14: Date With The Nerd
Chapter 14.5: The Calm...
Chapter 15: The Name Game
Psssst. Hey.
Chapter 16: Painful Painful Training
Chapter 17: You Can't Save Everyone
Chapter 17.5: ...Before the storm
Chapter 18: Investigation
Chapter 19: Final Exams
Chapter 20: Summer Camp
Chapter 21: Brothers in Arms
Chapter 22: Let The Sparks Fly
(Y/N)'s Bio 3: Zip-Zapping Jubilee
Chapter 23: The Taken King
Chapter 24: The End Of An Era
I was tagged for a thing by a guy.
Chapter 25: A Moment of Peace
Chapter 26: He Who Dwells
Chapter 27: Ultimate moves
Chapter 28: Face to Face
Chapter 29: Deep Dark
Chapter 30: Homesick
Chapter 31: Old "Friends"
Chapter 33: Prayer of the Refugee
Chapter 34: What We Leave Behind
Chapter 35: Come As You Are

Chapter 32: The Escapee of Curdun Cay

805 30 9
By Cosmic_Nobody

Nobody's POV, 2-3~ Years Ago

Curdun Cay. Calling it a prison wouldn't be doing it justice. An Unforgiving, Inescapable fortress only matched by the Japanese prison Tartarus, Forced into creation by the the head of the (Now defunct) United States Department of Unified Protection, Director Brooke Augustine, and her mastery of concrete that not even the hero Cementos could match, for the purpose of holding and training dangerous individuals who had both not yet been able to be deemed a villain that could endanger the masses, and whose quirks were found to be exceptionally powerful or difficult to contain via conventional methods.

The Department of Unified Protection AKA the DUP is comprised of highly skilled and rigorously trained individuals from law enforcement units all over the country. Though not permitted to use their quirks unless a situation is dire, many of the officers never need to resort to their quirks, as even the weakest of them have the critical thinking skills, Physical/technical ability, and martial arts training to take down most villains that they are called in to deal with. Essentially, they are to the American Pro Heroes as the S.W.A.T. is to the average police force.

However, the inner dealings of Curdun Cay are not known to the public, and even the government officials who fund the facility. However, if either the public or Officials knew even the most basic of practices performed in this hellish nightmare of a prison, it would be shut down immediately.

Human Experimentation on the inmates in order to study their quirks, forcing them to undergo militaristic training that some don't survive, even simply torturing people under the guise of scientific research into quirks.

Hank Daughtry is one of the most infuriating inmates that this facility has ever had to deal with.

[Hank Daughtry] Quirk: Smoke manipulation | He's able to become smoke at Will, as well as Absorb smoke, or any similar substance which is then converted to smoke via unknown means, in order to heal wounds or fatigue, Superheat metal via concentration of the heat of smoke into his hands, and shoot smoke-based projectiles. He's nearly impossible to contain since he can pass through any non-air tight opening, Although it seems his hands are his 'anchors' to his physical form. Any smoke that he either produces or becomes no longer has a bearing on him physically, as it becomes normal smoke that he manipulates and not his body turned into a smoke-like substance. He is required to wear Heavy, Blast and Heat resistant, Full cover, metal hand restraints when handling him.

Containment has so far been relatively unsuccessful and relatively successful at the same time, While Hank has been able to escape his cell multiple times, he's never been able to escape Curdun Cay itself thanks to the intervention of Director Augustine.

Tartarus and Curdun Cay had been in contact with each other for almost as long as Curdun Cay had been around, due to them both containing some of, if not the, most dangerous convicts in the world. Due to this, and staff concerns over the obviously degrading mental state of the director, High ranking staff members such as senior researchers and combat instructors, along with the help of an outside influence of a man who simply by "Z" who was known to have particular talents in certain undisclosed areas, were able to orchestrate a prisoner transfer of some of the more dangerous inmates that they did not believe that any other prison could contain. The main one being Hank Daughtry.

During his transfer, after being transported via boat to japan, he was to be transported to Tartarus via AV. However, he never arrived.

Hank: "Shit, fuck, shit, shit, damn son of a-!"

His cursing would be called out if not for the fact that he had accidentally killed the driver and guards after crashing the AV.

Hank: "No, No, No, FUCK!"

He had never desired to kill. In fact, he'd never intentionally killed anybody before. Of course, it was entirely possible that some of the police and pro heroes that he had faced off against before being captured by Augustine and imprisoned in Curdun Cay could have died of their injuries later, however he had never delivered an outright killing blow.

The blood on his hands that had come from the heavy DUP officers chest had certified that that had changed.

Even as he robbed banks and high-end stores for cash and fought against the police and pro heroes, Even through all the human experimentation that had been done to him to find the innermost workings of his quirk, even through the humiliation and indignation that he felt as they stripped him of his dignity by their cruel containment methods, even through the pain and suffering of having being forced through grueling militaristic training under the guise of rehabilitation, even through all that, he'd never wanted to kill someone.

He still didn't.

But he had.

He didn't know what to do. They were in the middle of nowhere. He didn't even speak Japanese. Why would he? He'd never come here by choice. And he just murdered a man. He ended a life. A person. All he could think to do was run. Run away from his mistake.

Run where? He didn't know. Somewhere. Anywhere that wasn't there. Lay low for a while, find some way to get back to America, and try to forget this ever happened or beg for forgiveness.

For a while, he didn't. Almost one full year.

He'd been in the underground, hiding from the law. Fighting against other thugs for cash since he had nothing but the clothes on his back, a tattered hoodie over his prison uniform to hide it.

He was able to learn the basics of Japanese, just enough to buy things like food and water whenever he had money.

He was never able to get a chance to board some sort of plane or boat back to America, the security being significantly tighter than that of American airports or shipyards as theft reports had been popping up more often recently.

He was surviving, waiting for his chance to slip through the cracks and make it back to his homeland. He didn't take unnecessary risks.

Unfortunately, old habits die hard.

A bank. lightly guarded, no Pro heroes around.

It was just too tempting. He was tired of scraping by on almost nothing, tired of having to fight for ramen packets or expired bread just to eat.

He couldn't help it.

Sneaking in behind the bank, he tossed off his shirt and tattered dirty jacket, held out his hand, smoke running up and gathering in his palm, until...

...

...

...

*BOOM*

———————————————————————

Hey.

So, this one was on hold for a while, and I actually have a good reason for that.

I was going through a emotional time. Nothing immensely traumatic like a parent dying or something, no. It was more rage-Inducing than sad.

I got VAC banned.

A TF2 bot was using my name, and I was the one who had the blame placed onto.

Which is bullshit.

I lost $70+ worth of items. That's a lot of money for me to spend on a game.

So yeah, I was just kinda taking my time to cool off from that. I'm still mad about it. immensely so. But what's done is done, so now I've just gotta play like...

I don't know, Genshin impact or Minecraft or something.

Whatever, Here's a cute picture of hex manic I found.

K Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 2K 30
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
281K 5.8K 41
I do not own any of the art in the story. I've noticed I've got a prominent amount of female readers (or people who wish for Y/N to be female) so whi...
4.6K 88 6
Izuku Yagi Born into a world with paranormal powers called quirks. 80% of the planet's population has certain quirks, but 20% do not. However, our gr...
432 20 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...