The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
Explanation
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Cloud Reading

1.5K 47 3
By DayDreamerBookReader

Cigarette Duet- By Princess Chelsea. I've had the song in my head for ages now. But as usual not my song or video. All that jazz. Here's a little picture of my little Baby Grey. She's growing so big!! But anyways I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

------------------

Lyra's POV

"Anyways, back to the previous topic... that woman is crazy!" Sokka yelled.

I rolled my eyes,

"Yeah, your so totally full of joy right now." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut- shuddup Lyra. My life will be calm, AND happy, AND joyful!" His anger causing him to kick a small pebble into a sign which returned but not before a smirk settled on his face from the release and the pebble hit his temple as he released an "Ow!" From his lips.

A teasing smirk nestled over my face, and I met his eyes with an amused expression at his fallen figure. His eyes sparkled with annoyance that he'd just been proven wrong and I offered my hand for him to get up.

He shook his head, not allowing his pride the chance of taking another blow.

"That doesn't prove anything!" He argued and stood up cautiously.

"Sure-" I smiled, "and it didn't provide me with endless entertainment" I hummed amusingly.

"Shush" he ordered me with an annoyed flick of his fingers on my nose.

I instead caught his fingers in my mouth and nipped down on them, making him yelp. He looked at me, mock betrayal, and I stuck my tongue out,

"That was your own fault" I argued before he could protest, "you put your fingers near my mouth, and I was gonna talk" I defended my reason weakly.

"Well, I liked my predictions. Certain things are gonna turn out very well!" Katara grinned.

"They sure are.." Aang agreed.

"Why?" Katara tilted her head, "What did she tell you?" Katara asked eagerly.

"Some stuff" Aang shrugged innocently, "you'll find out.." he trailed as Katara walked away from us.

Oh, how oblivious they both are....

You know, that brings a thought. Aunt Wu said the person I'd marry would be my opposite, but she never said how they were opposite... Element? Temper? Spirit? With the war? Against the war? Good? Evil? Physically? Mentally? Location?

I imagined the man I'd marry (yes, man. As attractive as I found women (now that I'd come to terms with my bisexuality) I leaned more towards men. It was more of a preference, although I could get down with a girl if I felt like it.) He wasn't much taller than me, dark hair, loving, caring, kind, loyal, scarred, mentally unstable...

The face of my lover formed in my mind as it sculpted his face, it was as it fully reveled itself when I actually saw him..

I hummed thoughtfully, and followed after Katara, and the others.

"What's with the sky?" Katara piped curiously

"It seems perfectly normal to me" I said as I tilted my head.

"We're waiting for Aunt Wu to come and read the clouds." One of the villagers answered plainly, with his head inclined upwards.

I looked on unimpressed. Okay, I may be a little loco in the head but I'm not that crazy. Clouds are just non-condensed water.

"What do you mean read the clouds?" I asked the villager curiously. Perhaps I was simply misunderstanding what he meant. 

He looked at me as if I was stupid,

"To predict the fate of the village" he continued slower.

My lip curled, I may be blind in one eye but I wasn't deaf.

Aang glanced up at the sky in wonder and pointed to a cloud,

"That cloud, kinda looks like a fluffy bunny" Aang smiled.

"Really? I see a turtle dove in a ring!" I said as I observed the clouds.

The man beside us gasped,

"You best hope that's not a fluffy bunny" he said regally, "the fluffy bunny cloud casts doom and destruction" he glared at Aang but then it shifted to me,

"And you young lady, best hope you're wrong. The turtle dove is a peaceful symbol, if it's surrounded by a ring it means that the peace won't last for very long.." he ended, his voice ominous.

I gulped nervously, not liking how close this stranger was to my face.

I patted Aang on the shoulder reassuringly. It was just clouds..

"Do you even hear yourself?" Sokka questioned with a dead look.

"The cloud reading will tell us if Mount Makapu will remain dormant for another year, or if it will erupt!" A young woman informed us excitedly.

"Wait, what? She's kidding, right?" I whispered amongst my group.

Yes, I somewhat understand how she can see individuals futures with spirit energy. But, clouds? How do you even?

"We used to have a tradition, once a year of going up the mountain, to check the volcano ourselves-" the previous villager explained.

"Then why'd you stop? Isn't it better to be safe, rather than sorry?" I continued.

The middle aged villager nodded,

"For a short while we did. But, she's never been wrong about the volcano" He grinned.

He wasn't being serious, was he?

"I can't believe you would trust your lives to that crazy old woman!" Sokka huffed sassily.

I noticed some villagers shift uncomfortably, and I realized we'd probably offended them.

I put my hand on Sokka's shoulder and he immediately stopped talking to face me. His face was scrunched in irritation but it was clear he understood my body language as I glared at him.

Katara stopped our stare off and pulled us to one side and she pointed towards Aunt Wu.

She smiled broadly as Aunt Wu walked forward as if she was a celebrity.

"Hey, Aang! Don't you think that cloud looks like a flower!" Leng? Was that her name? Whatever- oh wait Meng! Geez, Lyra! You really gotta get better with names!

"Sure, I guess" Aang shrugged indifferently. His face broke out in a smile and he leaned to tell Katara what Meng had told him.

"Hey, Katara! Don't you think that cloud looks like a flower!" He smiled charmingly.

It failed as Katara shushed him.

I turned my attention to Aunt Wu who remained quiet, but struck a bow.

She clutched a book in her hands and I had to squint to see. The letters looked obvious for a normal person but keep in mind, I had been blind for over a third of my life. I was relearning how to read.

It wasn't easy.

I returned my focus to Aunt Wu as she glanced at the clouds, and then at her book. I followed her eyes towards an arrow shaped cloud,

"Bending arrow cloud-" she read. "Good crops this year. Nice, big harvest." She read further.

A man in a straw hat fist bumped the sky,

"Darn good news!" He smiled and hugged his wife.

Next, Aunt Wu glanced towards a crescent moon shaped cloud,

"Wavy moon shaped cloud- let's see... Gonna be a great year for twins" she sang towards a pair of twins who grinned,

"Yes!" The twins high fived each other.

"And a cumulous cloud with a twisty nub coming off the end of it.." she trailed. For a moment she glanced downwards before her eyes crinkled in a smile,

"The village will not be destroyed by the volcano this year!" She said happily, and threw her hands up.

Cheers broke out, but I couldn't help the sick feeling in my gut. I should check later, anyways. If I didn't, I think I was gonna throw up..

-------

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It took me ages but I hope you guys liked it! I hope you guys stay safe, and healthy! And I hope y'all have a fantastic day! See y'all next time! I love y'all!
-Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1K 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
104K 2.6K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...
14.4K 607 20
ᵃ ᶻᵘᵏᵒ ˣ ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝..𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎?" 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝙸𝚛𝚘𝚑 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. ➪ A story about a y...
281K 7K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...