Alexander

By meastories

"I don't know how you did it" He said with pain and frustration in his eyes "But you need to stop" I look at... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU

Chapter 46

24.2K 518 189
By meastories

"So this therapist of yours, is she good?" I asked, looking at him. We've been on the road for twenty minutes now. According to Xander, our destination was only an hour away from our house.

"She's good. She's almost the same age as me so it makes thing easier to understand" He said, nodding his head

I know it's childish but something inside me felt a little jealous when he said that. Alexander Woods is someone who can get any woman that he wants. I'm pretty sure this therapist will be attracted to him and his charm.

"I see" I said, looking away and focusing on the view outside. I can feel him looking at me but I ignored it "Would you like me to find a different therapist?" I quickly look at him "What? Why? I thought you said she was good?" He gives me a small smile, eyes now focused on the road "I don't want you to be bothered by anything especially anyone and right now, I can see it on your face that you're completely bothered by the fact that my therapist is a woman"

Dang it, he was good

But I wouldn't admit that

"What? Ofcourse not! We're talking about you and your mental health here. If she's good and she's helping you then she's doing a fantastic job and I wouldn't want her to be replaced" I said sincerely

It was true. Yes, I do admit that I'm a bit bothered by the fact that his therapist was a female who was almost the same age as him and that they would have to talk to each other very often but if that's what he needs and that's what will help him then so be it.

I wasn't that petty or immature

I just felt a little jealous

He places a hand on top of my left thigh and gently strokes my skin with his thumb "Just tell me if there's anything that's bothering you okay? I'll handle it for you" I look at him, feeling my heart flutter at his words.

This guy was a true man

I place a hand on top of his, giving it a gentle squeeze "Okay" I said softly

...

"We're here" He said, parking his car in an open parking. I look outside and see a few cars parked, some people were fixing there hiking bags and putting on sunscreen.

I curse myself for not thinking of bringing sunscreen since it was pretty sunny and hot today.

Both of us got out of the car and walks to his trunk. He opens the trunk and grabbed his bag, he brings out a sunscreen and a bug repellent spray.

He hands me the sunscreen and I thank him. I applied some on my arms and legs and a few on my face. After that he hands me the bug repellent spray and I sprayed some on my clothes.

"All set?" He asked, closing his bag. I nod, grabbing my bag from the trunk. He stands there, looking at me making me feel nervous "What?" I asked nervously "Hold on" He said, walking up to the driver's seat and grabbed something inside his car. He comes back holding a black baseball cap and gently puts it on me "Lets go" He said, grabbing my hand and leading the way.

...

"Have you been here before?" I asked, walking beside him. We've been walking for a few minutes now and honestly, hiking wasn't that bad. Well atleast not where he brought me. The place seemed like it was made for beginner hikers, the path and trails that we were walking on was smooth and it was easy to find the way up the mountain.

"Once. David and I stumbled upon this place and decided to try it out. The view's not as beautiful as the ones that professional hikers climb but its still beautiful" I nod, looking at the ground and making sure that I don't step on anything and trip.

We continue to walk up the mountain in silence, just enjoying each other's presence and company. I look up ahead when I heard a few male voices laughing. Three men were joking around and walking towards us. Seems like they came from where we were headed and they were heading back to the parking lot.

They noticed us and started moving to the side a bit to let us pass through. Xander grabs my arm and switches sides with me so that I was far from the group. I look at him secretly, slightly surprised by his protective action.

His face remained in a neutral expression. Once we passed the group of boys, his posture calms a bit and he looks at me with a small smile "Are you hungry?" I look up at him and nod "A little but its fine" I said reassuringly with a big smile. He brings his bag to his front and started getting something. He brings out a protein bar and hands it to me "Eat this first and I promise to buy you a bigger and more delicious meal later" I chuckle, accepting his offer and thanking him.

It only took a couple bites to finish the protein bar but it was enough to make the hunger go away. After that we continue to walk in silence.

My legs were starting to ache a little due to we were walking uphill. I was starting to regret this small trip when Xander stops walking making me look up at him.

I look around and realized we were higher than I thought we were. I slowly walk forward and admired the view. We weren't that far away from the city so you can still see the buildings from afar but the view was mostly mountains and trees.

It was beautiful

"The view's better from up there" He points at a massive rock that had what looked like pieces of wooden ladders on the side so that you can climb up to it. I watch a couple, going down slowly on the ladders that didn't look safe and stable to me.

I follow Xander who was already walking towards it nervously. As if sensing my nervousness and fear, he looks back at me and reaches out for my hand "Don't worry, you won't fall, I'll be right behind you" I groan, feeling my hands getting sweaty "And if I do? You'll what? Catch me?" I joked, trying to distract myself. Xander puts on a thinking face "Too cliché, how about I'll fall with you?" I laugh making him smile "Not helping, Woods" He chuckles and leads me to the ladder. He was standing so close to me that I can feel the entire front of his body pressed up behind me. My face started heating up when he wraps both of his large hands on mine and places it on the ladder "You got this" He muttered in my ear making the hair on my arms stand up.

I nod placing one foot on top of the ladder and holding on tight. I started climbing up slowly "Don't look down" Xander said below me. I didn't respond but I listened to him. I couldn't speak because I feel like if I do I might lose grip and fall. I look up and saw that I only need to go up a few steps and it would all be over. I do it slowly but surely "Please do take your time because I am absolutely loving the view from down here" My face started heating up when I realized what he was talking about "Xander!" I yelled, embarrassed and nervous. He chuckles and we finally reach the top.

I crawl my way to the middle just to be sure that when I stand I don't fall. Xander watches me crawl my way to the middle, amused "You're that afraid of heights?" I glare at him playfully, standing up and dusting myself off. I was about to give a snarky remark but was absolutely mesmerized by the view

"Wow" I whispered "I know" He said, walking up beside me and enjoying the view. I quickly take out my phone and started taking some photos. Xander started taking out his phone as well "Stand over there and let me take a photo of you" I excitedly stand infront of him. I fix my hair and the cap that he let me wear then smiled cheekily. He started taking photos non stop making me laugh "That's too many" I said, covering my face when he wouldn't stop "The smile that you just did was too precious" He said, smiling at me

"I'll take a photo of you too" I said, pulling his arm and positioning him infront of me "Smile!" I said with a wide smile. He sighs and rolls his eyes but still gives me a small smile, even though it was a smile that didn't reach his eyes, I could tell that it was still a genuine smile

He was about to walk back to me but I rush up to him and reached up to him to wrap an arm over his shoulder making him slouch down so that I could reach him "Say cheese" I said happily. I hear him let out a deep sigh. He wraps both arms around my waist, lifting me up slightly so he wasn't slouching too much. He pressed his right cheek on my left cheek firmly and smiles to the camera. I quickly started snapping photos of us.

After taking the photos, he puts me down gently but doesn't let go of me. I look at him and saw him looking at me with a serious expression on "Are you okay?" I asked, wrapping both arms around his waist. He doesn't respond to my question instead he pulls me closer and rests his chin on top of my head. My left ear was pressed on his chest making me hear his heartbeat and it was calming. I slowly snake my hands inside his shirt and started soothingly rubbing his back. Feeling his body relax under my touch made me happy knowing that I could do that to him.

"Thank you" He whispered. I smile "For what?" He pulls away, arms still wrapped around me tightly "For coming with me, for being so patient and for giving me a chance to prove myself to you" He whispered, pressing his forehead on mine and closing his eyes.

I close my eyes, enjoying the warmth of his body and the feeling of his arms wrapped tightly around me. One arm was wrapped around my waist while the other arm was wrapped around my shoulders.

"I'll do anything and everything to make you stay, Lauren. I mean it" He said, opening his eyes and looking at me with a serious expression on. I smile gently and softly rubbed my nose against his

"I trust you"

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 54.4K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...
95.8K 5.2K 82
Book #3 in The Fire series BLAKE RIVERA "You're the leader of a gang." Aiden yells. I look up at him. "You don't think I know that?" I yel...
396K 8.3K 44
"I'm not going to hurt you." He took his hands off my waist and placed them on either side of my head. "I could never hurt you." He lowered his face...
785K 26.5K 58
"Stop fighting it so much Ari, I know you want me just as much as I want you." His lustful voice was like a whisper, his hot breath caressing my face...