Yesterday (Will Poulter fanfi...

By SunnyCoolKid

"I don't know exactly when I fell in love with him. It could've been yesterday, or last week or last month or... More

disclaimer
When the Time's Right
Just Because
What
Promise
The Sky's the Limit
So Much to Love
Crap
Phone Calls
Saturday
Classic
Delaware
Adventure Seeking
Ground Zero
Simple and Pretty
Yes
What's Cookin'
Easy as Pie
Luxury
Endings and Beginnings
In the Locker Room
High School
Truly
Good Looks
Coffee Break
Very
Amazing
Home
No Matter What
Things to Know
That's Right
For You
Wedding Crasher
It's a Girl
The Next Chapter
An Abundance of Meetings
A Sizable Inheritance
So Soon
The Season
One Year
Love Never Gives Up
Begin Again
For Real
Nature
Karla Jane
At The Sangsters
Picnic
Everything is Right
Playlist
Bookstore
Exploring
Rocky Mountains
Gorgeous

Gowns and Secrets

1.8K 61 72
By SunnyCoolKid

Marybel leans against the car, her blonde hair looking perfect as does her makeup. Juliette has her hair in a pony tail, wearing a Minecraft T-shirt. I wear a red stripped shirt and comfy cargo pants.

Marybel calls out, "Okay! Let's get this show on the road!"

Juliette grabs my arm, dragging me towards the car, "It's like you don't WANT to look nice for your wedding."

I groan, trying to escape, "I DO! I just don't want to pick out a wedding dress from FORCE!"

"TWO WEEKS, SIDNEY! YOUR WEDDING IS IN TWO WEEKS!" Juliette yells, pushing me in the backseat.

Marybel gets in the passengers side and Juliette slides in, locking the doors and buckling up before I can try to escape again. I rattle the door handle, but the door doesn't budge.

I scowl at Juliette, "I hate you."

"I'm doing this for your own good." Juliette says, looking in the rearveiw mirror.

Marybel is honest, "I'm doing this because I love shopping and your husband asked me too and Will is hot, so."

I glance at her, "Have I ever told you of the time I once killed someone with my bare hands because they started flirting with Will?"

Marybel widens her eyes and Juliette chuckles.

Juliette looks back at me, "If you want to, we can just grab the first dress in your size and then get the heck out of dodge."

"That's not how you shop for a wedding dress!" I exclaim.

"Then suck it up. We're dress shopping." Juliette grumbles.

As we pass cars, I tug the handle and shout, "HELP! I'M BEING TAKEN HOSTAGE! HELP!"

Juliette hollers, "SIDNEY, SHUT UP BEFORE WE GET PULLED OVER OR SOMETHING!"

"FREEDOM! I NEED FREEDOM!" I shout.

"I will call Percy." Juliette threatens.

That manages to shut me up. Big brother know things. They can do things. We get to the shop after another few minutes of Marybel forcing us to listen to Lorde and I leap out of the car, unsure if I dread trying on countless dresses more than I dread getting back in the car to listen to Lorde. I SWEAR all of her music sounds exactly the same.

Marybel loops arms with me, "This is going to be FUN!"

"Kill me." I mutter as we walk to the store door.

Juliette grins at me, "I'm sure Dylan would do a superb job at that. As long as he had a gun."

My head snaps over to her, "Do not even go there."

Juliette chuckles evily.

We step in and i'm faced with rack upon rack filled with dresses of every kind. I haven't really had a lot of experience looking at wedding dresses. I know Iris has a HUGE wedding Pinterest board and pretty much a board for every category, but my Pinterest page consists of a boards called "excercise", " food", "Soccer=My Life", and " house". I'm not sure if it's pathetic or not.

So as I walk in, some dresses totally disgust me, while others actually catch my eye.

Marybel gasps, and runs over to a dress that has way too much frills and laces for me, "What about this one!?"

I cringe, "Not really my style."

Juliette places her hand on her hip and looks around, "Okay. Let's find this dress."

: : : : :

So far I've tried three dresses, plus the one I have on now. The first one, Marybel talked me into trying. But it was way too lacey at the top and there were sequins and just no.

The second one had flowers spreading up and down from the hip, and although it was pretty, it looked like something out of a fairytale. I sort of wish Thalia was here right now because she too has a more logical style, like me.

The third one was nice. It was pretty plain, with minor detailing at the top, but it just didn't click with me.

I slide out of the one I'm wearing now. This one was really pretty. The sleeves were short and flowy with a ribbon around the waist. It was gorgeous really, but same thing- it didn't click.

I'm already starting to get impatient. I hardly go shopping because I hate spending time on frivolous things. Wedding dresses seem extremely frivolous. They're frilly things you wear once - maybe twice, in your life that you pay a ton of money for and then you never wear them again. The entire idea is ludicrous. Might as well just dress up in church clothes or something. At least then you'll get to wear it more than once.

I throw on my clothes once again and go out into the shop area to keep searching.

Juliette sits in a chair waiting for me, "I think you should've gone with that last one, it was really pretty."

I shake my head, "It wasn't the one."

Marybel grabs another poofy dress off the rack, "What about this one?"

I look at the dress, "I don't think so."

Marybel sighs, sticking it back on the rack, "You're so difficult."

"Sorry." I mumble, walking over to a rack we haven't looked at yet.

I rifle through the dresses, searching for something that will catch my eyes. Dress after dress goes by and nothing sparks an interest in me. I'm about to give up when a flash of blue catches my eye. I stop and stare at the dress. It's plain. No lace. No detail. Just white silky fabric that touches the floor. The thing about it that strikes me most, is the pale blue ribbon that wraps around the waist delicately. The sleeves are short and the neck line is perfect.

I hear Juliette and Marybel still talking in the background. I mutter, "This is the one."

Juliette and Marybel look up at me, "What?"

I point to the dress, getting excited, "This is it, this is my wedding dress! It's my size and everything!"

Marybel and Juliette rush over. They examine the dress. Marybel likes the blue too, but she doesn't think it has enough detail ("it's just way too plain!"). Juliette thinks it's adorable and says I'll look nice in it.

I grab it off the rack, "I'm going to try it on!"

Juliette gasps, "Wait!"

I stop and she grabs the price tag looking at it in excited awe, "It's on sale."

Marybel looks at her astonished, "On sale?"

Juliette nods quickly and my mouth falls open.

Marybel squeals and looks at me, "It's a sign!"

The two of them tackle me in a hug and we all stand there giggling like little girls as we clutch onto the dress for dear life. I excitedly pull away, smiling, "Come on, I want to see what I'll look like on my wedding day!"

The girls follow me back to the dressing rooms to see what I look like in my wedding dress.

: : : : :

Will POV:

I knew it was time to see her.

I knew I HAD to see her.

I wasn't sure if she'd heard about my wedding in a week, but if she hasn't, she needed to know.

I'm not sure why I feel I have to tell her. I've hardly spoken to her in almost three years. But I feel like it's the right thing to do. After all, what i'm already doing is wrong and at least I can make sure she knows the truth.

I already feel terrible not telling Sidney the truth. It's like there's this one little black speck inside of me. But that one little speck is causing so much discomfort in me.

I take a deep breath as the guard by the door nods, "You can go in now, sir."

I take an uneven breath as I reach for the door handle, shakily. The door swings open and I step into the room. A glass wall separates me from the other side of the room. In the center are two chairs and small holes in the glass, so you can hear the person on the other side. A table sits on either side of the glass.

The door on the other side of the room opens, and a girl with auburn hair and big brown eyes is pushed through. Dark circles rest under her lost looking eyes. She looks around the room, seeming a little loopy. Then her eyes wander over in my direction and they seem to clear and she becomes aware of herself.

She scowls, "Will.....It's been a while."

I sigh, taking a step to the chair and sitting down, "Audrey...... Yeah, it has."

She looks at me suspiciously, but she sits down anyway, "Just figure you'd leave me locked up in here?"

I squint, "This is where you belong."

She raises an eyebrow, "A lot of people belong in here, but they aren't."

I glare at her, "Have you signed the papers?"

She giggles, "Of course not, why would I do that? I'm having so much fun making you miserable."

I don't respond, I jut glare at her smug face.

"Enough of that." She says, "How's the outside world? How's your Mum? I hardly ever get to catch the news, i'm not up to date on you and your life."

I shift in my seat, speaking lowly, "Which is how it should be."

She smirks, "So hostile."

I take a deep breath and continue staring at her.

She leans forward, "So, why did you come here, Will? If not to catch up, relive good times?"

"Because there were so many of those." I mutter sarcastically.

She glares at me now, putting away her playfulness and fake friendliness, "Why are you here? To gloat? Rub it in my face?"

"No." I say bitterly.

She stands up, slamming her fist on the table. There's a mad look in her eye as she yells, "THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE!?"

I stand up too and roar, "I'M GETTING MARRIED NEXT WEEK!"

This catches her off guard. Her features become soft and shocked, and I see a small glimpse of the girl that I first met. She whispers, "What?"

I slow down my breathing, trying to contain myself, "I......am getting married.....next week."

Her face goes from shocked to confused to anger and then to outrage.

"You can't do that." She mutters. Then she looks at me with smoltering eyes, "You can't DO THAT!"

"But I AM!" I announce.

"You can't." She snarls.

"I am." I repeat.

She leans closer to the glass, "Who is it then? What's her name? Does she know about me?"

I look at the floor, avoiding the last question, "I'm not telling you her name. You don't deserve to hear it."

She laughs, "Does she know MINE though? That is the question you did not answer. Have you told her about ME?"

I feel my face twitch from anger, "No."

She gives off a manical laugh, before she sings, "Oh, this will be good. You haven't told her about me. She doesn't realize that you're a package deal, does she?"

"This conversation is over." I say, standing up and walking towards the door.

She laughs in total glee, "I look forward to meeting your wife one day, William. I hope your wedding is a disaster."

I fling the door open and slam it behind me, storming away.

I keep repeating the same words in my head -

Don't let her get to you,

I have a wedding to get ready for.

Author:

Heh heh heh heh heh

:-)

Sorry the updates have been slow, my nephew is in town and I've been spending time with him.

So the wedding is the next chapter.

:-)

Thank you guys so much for reading my story! Y'all are awesome!

Anyway, I'll Ttyl!

-MK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 23.9K 90
"I don't know, Thomas. It just seems like it could be the start of something bad." Thomas leans over and looks directly into your eyes, "Ah, yes...
18.4K 249 81
Ever wonder what it would be like to have an android or machine fall in love with you? Well, look no further! Requests currently open!! :) Best ranki...
6.7K 167 25
Basically what the title says. I want to hear the opinion of the people who have either read or watch Trollhunters! Jump in and give me your opinions!
3.2M 76.7K 55
I didn't know what I was really doing most of the time. It may have seemed like I did but to be completely honest with myself... I ran head first in...