Yesterday (Will Poulter fanfi...

By SunnyCoolKid

"I don't know exactly when I fell in love with him. It could've been yesterday, or last week or last month or... More

disclaimer
When the Time's Right
Just Because
What
Promise
The Sky's the Limit
So Much to Love
Crap
Phone Calls
Saturday
Classic
Delaware
Adventure Seeking
Ground Zero
Simple and Pretty
Yes
What's Cookin'
Easy as Pie
Luxury
Endings and Beginnings
In the Locker Room
High School
Truly
Good Looks
Coffee Break
Very
Amazing
Home
No Matter What
That's Right
For You
Gowns and Secrets
Wedding Crasher
It's a Girl
The Next Chapter
An Abundance of Meetings
A Sizable Inheritance
So Soon
The Season
One Year
Love Never Gives Up
Begin Again
For Real
Nature
Karla Jane
At The Sangsters
Picnic
Everything is Right
Playlist
Bookstore
Exploring
Rocky Mountains
Gorgeous

Things to Know

2.3K 77 53
By SunnyCoolKid

I'd been back at Harvard for about two weeks. Shifts at the library and classes had been hectic. But with so little time until the summer and exams, the teacher were starting to stress out.

And me with them.

The little free time I had (that wasn't spent on studying/working) was spent communicating with Will. The funny thing about becoming engaged - all of a sudden you find you're unable to think of hardly anything else. You want to be with your significant other every second of the day.

Will felt the same way too, because he would fly to America with any and every spare time he had. One time, he flew here to stay for only four hours and then flew back to London, almost missing an appointment. And even if I was at class, he would wait for me in my apartment and when I got back, he would help me study.

He would walk me to work at the library and then sit in there for hours, reading and watching me. He would always claim he needed help finding a book just to get me to walk with him and find it. It was sweet, and I really appreciated and enjoyed it. Mrs. Regan had to kick him out a couple times because he was taking up too much of my time.

But when he was around and I was at home, we spent our time together. We found ways to waste time, because we didn't even have any time to drive anywhere and do anything. I didn't really consider it wasting time if Will was with me though. Every minute I had with him was one more reason to push through college.

After I finish this year, I only have one year left. It will be a hard year but they say the first year of marriage is the hardest anyway, right? We haven't really discussed the living situation yet. We haven't discussed much actually. We haven't told anyone but our parents and we haven't set a date. We have a lot to do, but I can't focus on it for another month and a half - I just can't. It would be too hard planning a wedding AND working on school.

Speaking of the living situation, I still haven't told Poppy. I don't wear the ring on my finger because I don't want anyone to know yet. It would be a little awkward for her to live with a married couple.....and I dont even know if Will wants to live in the US or not. He works in the states. But I can't very well quit college- not when i'm so close to graduating and so close to the dream I've had since I was a little girl.

There's a lot to think about. But neither of us want to think about it right now.

I'm reading the first Harry Potter book out loud for the two of us right now. It's one of our favorite things to do. We like hearing each others voices, so we take turns reading to each other. I sit on the couch, wearing faded jeans, something I hardly wear, and a green T-shirt from the last time I went to Budapest with my family.

"Harry didn't have a clue what was going on." I read, " 'Why's Bane so angry?' He asked, 'What was that thing you saved me from, anyway?'"

Next to me, Will mutters, "3:55."

I look at him confused, "What?"

"It's 3:55."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Harry was not attacked by 3:55, I thought you said you read this book?"

Will looks at me smirking, "No, Harvard, the time. The time is 3:55."

My eyes widen as I look up at the clock, "Oh, crap! It is! I've got to go!"

He chuckles, "I'm coming with you."

"Hurry!" I hollar over my shoulder as I grab my bag and run for the door.

: : : : :

About halfway through class, I get a text from Iris.

Iris: You coming to the baby shower this weekend?

The baby shower! I'd totally forgotten it with classes and engement and such. I let out a huff and look up at the teacher who is talking.....about something.....I don't know anymore, I lost track. I rest my chin on my fist, waiting for him to turn around again. When he does, I respond.

Me: Ya. In class. Text you later.

I send it just before the teacher can turn around and look back up at him like nothing happened. All the while my classmates look at me weird.

They all know, Sidney Shark doesn't text during class - she pays attention.

They're going to know something is going on soon.

And so will my family.

I've got to go to the baby shower and tell them.

There are things they need to know.

: : : : :

I find Will leaning against the doorway when I walk out of class. He steps up, grabbing my hips and kissing my cheek lightly, "Hey, sexy."

I raise an eyebrow, flirtatiously, "Hey, handsome."

He makes a deep noise in the back of his throat - somewhere in between a playful growl and a chuckle. He presses his lips and against mine. Our lips slide against each other, moving perfectly. He slides his tounge into my mouth after a few seconds, and I'll admit, it kind of turns me on, but I grunt, pulling away, "Will, we're in public."

"Mhmmmmm" He mumbles, peppering my jaw with kisses.

I laugh, "We're not in high school anymore. If you want to make out, there are more private places to do it."

"We can pretend that we're in high school and it'll make us feel better." He says, pulling me into a hug and burying his face on the crook in my neck.

I chuckle, wrapping my arms around him, "I don't think so."

He grunts, refusing to answer. We stay locked in our embrace for a few minutes. I feel his shoulders rise and fall and the warmth from where our skin touches. I close my eyes, enjoying our moment.

I hear him mumble against me, "We're getting married."

I smile softly, "Yeah. We are."

He pulls away, standing to his full height, rubbing my upper arms softly with his hands, "What I have with you, I couldn't possibly ever want with anyone else."

I don't say anything. Chills run up my arms. I just wrap my arms around his torso and press my ear to his chest. His arms wrap around me as well. His heart beat is steady. Calming. It's a noise that keeps me grounded. The moment it stops beating is the moment I stop living. At this point, i'm unashamed to say Will is my everything. He is my life.

I sigh, still holding him, "We should get back to my dorm."

Will hums, "Okay."

He throws an arm around my shoulder as we walk, my hip brushes against his leg.

I look at him as we walk, "So I've got to pack when I get back."

He furrows his eyebrows, looking adorably confused, "Why? Where are you going?"

"Iris' baby shower." I nod.

Will pouts, "Do you have to go?"

I chuckle, "You're not going to be here anyway."

"But what if something gets canceled and I can come back early?"

"Then you may join me in Louisiana. But i'm only staying two nights tops - probably only one night- because I can't miss any classes. I'll drive all night coming back."

He steps in front of me, walking backwards, "I'm going to buy you a plane ticket, so you don't have to drive."

I stop in my tracks and so does he. I give him a scholding look, "Will, no. I'm a big girl, I can drive, and pay for myself."

"But you don't HAVE to. I WANT to do this for you, Sidney. I really do." He says, taking a step towards me.

I raise an eyebrow, "Remember when you proposed to me and said one of my more likeable attributes was determination?"

"Yes."

"Well, I am now using that quality. I am perfectly content driving." I nod, sassily.

Will places a hand on my shoulder, "Sidney, we're getting married."

I smirk, "I know, we just discussed that."

"We're going to be sharing finances soon anyway. Please, let me do this for you. As a..... pre- wedding gift. I really want to." He traces his thumb across my jaw line with pleading eyes.

We have a bit of a staring competition. I stare at his soft gorgeous blue eye and he states into mine.

He smirks a little, "You forget, determination is a quality of mine too."

I lock my jaw and stare at him a moment longer, "Fine."

He grins, "Fine? You'll let me get you a plane ride?"

I scowl, "Yeah, yeah."

He smiles, "Atta girl!"

I sigh, "Enjoy this small victory- you won't have many."

"Okay, ace." He chuckles, "Come on, i'll help you pack."

: : : : :

When I arrive at the airport in Louisiana, I feel the heat of the south bear down almost immediately. I don't know HOW Iris bares living here- much less Thomas. Iris and I are from Utah - which isn't known for it's heat and sunshine. And England of course, rains, all the time.

The two of them are very unusual people.

As I walk out of the flight area and into baggage claim, I spot a mop of blonde hair and cheerful brown eyes. Thomas waves and grins, "Sidney!"

I smile, "Thomas! Hey!"

He still remains on crutches, his hands clasping the gray foam. He smiles as I walk up to him.

"How are ya, crookshanks?" I ask, looking him up and down.

He chuckles, "Great. You? Was the flight good?"

I smile, "Yeah, it was."

He looks at the backpack on my back, "You got anymore luggage?"

I shake my head, "Nah, this is it. I'm only staying overnight anyway."

"Right." Thomas nods, "Well, Percy should be pulling the car around. We decided Perc would just drive around instead of parking, so we didnt have to pay to park."

I nod, walking alongside Thomas, "I get it. Totally understandable. Where's Iris?"

Thomas sighs, "I put her on bed rest - for the most part. You wouldn't believe it - HUGE. She was always a short, little, petite thing, but now that's she's pregnant with twins..... I didn't think it was psychically possible."

I smile, "I've seen pictures. She's adorable."

Thomas smiles and I can see the love he has for her in his eyes, "Yeah. She's been great. Taking the pregnancy really well. She's amazing. Really."

We step out onto the curb, waiting for Percy. I look at Thomas, "I'm glad you think so."

Thomas looks over at me, "So, did you say yes?"

I look at him oblivious, "Yes to what?"

His eyes widen, "Oh, never mind."

I stare at him, surprised, "Did Will tell you?"

He looks at me, acting confused, "Tell me what?"

"That we're engaged!"

"You're engaged!?" I hear a voice behind me.

Thomas and I will around at the same time. Percy stands behind me with a stricken look on his face.

My mouth drops open, "Percy! What are you doing here!?"

"You guys were taking forever, so I parked and came in!" He objects.

I grumble, "So much for saving money."

Percy steps forward, "Wait a second, back up a sec, you're ENGAGED to WILL?"

Thomas looks at me, smiling, "You said yes?"

I shake my head, "Of course I said yes! And yes, Percy, Will and I are getting married! Darn it! I didnt want anyone to find out like this!"

"Like what?" Percy asks.

I shrug, pouting, "Well, I was going to make a big announcement or something to the entire family, but I guess I won't need to now."

"It's so great that you and Will are engaged!" Thomas smiles.

Percy scowls, "I haven't had the big brother talk with him yet! I need to have the big brother talk. Darn it, Sidney! What'd you get engaged to him so soon for? I figured I still had at least two months!"

"Sorry, bro." I shake my head.

"Why ARE you getting married to him?" He asks, intrigued.

I pause, thinking deeply, "Because I love him."

"But so soon?" He presses.

I smile softly, "I want to spend my life with him. Why wait?"

Percy stares blanky at me and out if the corner of my eye, I see Thomas smirk. Percy finally shakes his head, giving me a hug, "You're crazy. But I'm happy for you, sis."

I smile, "I'm happy for me too."

: : : : :

We get to the house at the same time that Willa and Vanessa get there. Willa gets out of the car, wearing short shorts to show off her long legs. Vanessa's blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail.

They smile and wave, "Hey! Sid, how ya doing?"

Willa eyes Percy slightly - she's always been interested in him, even though the feeling wasn't mutual for him. I smile, "Great! You guys look awesome!"

Willa bats her eyelashes, jokingly, "Thanks."

Vanessa rolls her eyes, "What Willa means is- thanks, so do you."

I chuckle, "I'm sure she did."

We walk up the sidewalk together, Percy and Thomas walk behind us. Thomas' crutches make a rhythmic clicking noise with every step.

Vanessa looks at me, "So, we heard Zy crashed your high school reunion."

I grin, "Yeah. And technically he didnt crash it. It's for people who went to the school."

Willa's mouth drops open, "You mean I could've just shown up and no one would care? Darn!"

Vanessa gives Willa a judgmental look, "Willa, you hated high school. Why would you want to go back?"

Willa looks at Vanessa as if it's obvious, "The refreshments?"

I nod, "Of course."

We knock on the front door. Thomas starts, "You don't have to knock-"

The front door swings open. Iris stand behind the door. And Thomas is right. Iris is HUGE. Her ankles look swollen and maybe she's gained a little weight. And.....she looks a little bloated.

We all stare at her. I step forward first, giving her a hug, "Iris! Congratulations!"

She smiles, "Thanks."

Now Willa steps forward with her usual amount of charm, "You look like hell."

Vanessa widens her eyes, horrified by her little sister, "Willa!"

Iris rolls her eyes, "Ah, Willa. You certainly are a breath of fresh air."

Willa shrugs, "I do what I can."

Vanessa gives Iris a quick hug.

Iris looks at us, "Juli is in the kitchen. Come help us finish setting up."

: : : : :

I point to a package on the coffee table, "Oh, open that one! It's from Juliette!"

Iris grins, "I know, Juliette called me, raving about how her gift was going to be the best."

Willa holds up the footie pajamas she got for the twins, "Um, false. Do you see these footies?"

Juliette rolls her eyes, playfully, "Whatever, Willa. Mine IS the best."

Willa looks over at Juliette, "Did you really just say whatever? That word is so ten years ago."

I snort, "SO ten years ago! Willa, shut up. We're all ninteys kids here."

Iris speaks up, "Okay everyone, shut up! I'm opening Juliettes!"

She opens the parcel and out of it, pulls a small bib that reads - Waiting for my letter to Hogwarts.

We all laugh, admiring the little lettering. Iris offers it to Thalia. Thalia fawns over it, "It's just darling!"

Iris grins, "I KNEW she was getting me something Harry Potter themed. She looked way too pleased when she handed the present to me."

Kit nods at it, "Your kids will look so cute on that. You'll teach them all he good nerd stuff."

Iris nods, "You know that's right."

I nod in agreement with the others.

This was really fun. Some of you people should get pregnant more often." Willa laughs.

Iris smirks at Thalia and I, "I think the job should go to our married people. Or our soon to be married people."

I feel my muscles tense. How do they know? How does Iris know? I haven't told them yet! Then I realize, they're probably just assuming, because they think Will and I are getting serious. Which we are. Or we have.

"Actually-" Thalia and I both speak at the same time.

We look at each other, surprised.

What could Thalia have to say?

I speak up, "Married people first."

Thalia blushes, "Well, actually....I am pregnant."

My eyes widen, and I feel like someone just punched me in the stomach. Thalia is pregnant!? Percy is going to be a dad? This is the same man I grew up with. I still feel like we're in high school, just starting our lives, figuring out what we want to do. Of course, Percy is a famous singer and everything now, but even when his songs come on the radio, I still picture some little middle schooler who has a crush on the girl sitting across from him in Algrebra. Not a father. Surely not Percy.

Around me, girls squeal and share looks of joy.

"Good for you!" Vanessa smiles.

I stutter, "Do you know if it's going to be a boy or a girl?"

Thalia laughs, "I dont know! I'm not very far along yet."

"How far along are you?" Iris asks.

"Just a couple months." She shrugs.

Months?

"Looks like we will be having a baby shower soon then." Willa grins.

Iris looks at me, intrigued, "What were you going to say, Sidney?"

My heart races. I suddenly feel like I'm going to be sick. I didnt feel this way with Will. I have a desire for Will to be sitting by me as I break the news.

I blush and glance at my feet, "I'm marrying Will."

I pull the ring out of my pocket the diamond shaped leaves shining. I slide it on my finger and hold my hand up for all to see. They all look at me wide eyed. Not sure what to say. I have the sensation of possibly throwing up, when I finally get a reaction.

Juliette breaks the silence with her usual amount of enthusiasm, "OH, MY GOSH! THAT'S AMAZING!"

People laugh and talk over each other and yell congratulations.

"THAT IS SO AMAZING SIDNEY!"

"GOOD FOR YOU!"

"YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!"

"I SHIP IT SO HARD!"

I smile and laugh, grateful that everyone is so happy.

All of a sudden, Iris stands up (with some difficulty due to the twin children in her stomach), "THOMAS!"

We hear his crutches and he appears on the banister, Zane, Kits husband, and good friend of Thomas' standing next to him, "Yes? How are you ladies?"

She stomps over to me, grabbing my hand and holding it up, "Did you know about this?"

He leans forward, squinting. When he sees it he grins, "Maybe."

"THOMAS BRODIE SANGSTER! You knew and you didn't tell me!? I AM HER COUSIN! I SHOULD'VE KNOW!"

He smirks, "I am her cousin in law. And Wills best friend. Therefore, I got told a little bit more."

Around me the girls laugh - except Iris.

"I'm his best friend too!" She pouts.

"But you're not a man." Thomas shrugs, still looking amused.

"Yeah, thank heavens for that." Iris grumbles, ploping back down on the couch.

"Was that it?" Thomas asks.

"Yeah. Go back to your man cave. And Zane too." She grumbles.

He chuckles, "Okay."

Vanessa grins, "A little hard on your husband aren't you?"

She scowls, "No."

"She's pregnant. Dont worry about it." Juliette waves her off.

She looks at Juliette and Willa, "You guys getting married too? Anything else my husband knows?"

Willa grins, "Nah."

Juliette smirks, "Not yet."

"Good." She mutters.

Juliette gives me a sidelong hug, "I'm SO happy for you! You two are perfect! He's so cute and during Thanksgiving you guys seemed perfect."

I smile, "Thanks Juli."

"When are you getting married?" Willa asks, excited.

I shake my head, "We haven't set a date or anything yet. I'm going to finish this semester first, then I'll start planning."

"I get to help you!" Juliette grabs my arm.

I smirk, "Of course."

Iris smiles, "Will is a great choice of husband. He's really sweet."

I grin, "Yeah, he is."

Vanessa grabs my hand, looking at the ring, "Oh, look at that ring!"

All the girls talk over each other.

"He has a great taste in jewelry."

"That's a good quality for a husband."

"Oh, yeah."

"Note to self- marry a man who can pick jewelry."

"You sound like you'll get married more than once."

Kit looks at me, "How how'd he propose?"

I smile, picturing the entire scene, "That's actually kind of a funny story."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 1K 34
𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝘯𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪 𝘹 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘺𝘢 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘴 ♡ ; 𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧 ☆ ; 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵 ★ ; 𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 ; 𝘚𝘏 𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘩𝘰𝘭 𝘴𝘩𝘢�...
3.2M 76.7K 55
I didn't know what I was really doing most of the time. It may have seemed like I did but to be completely honest with myself... I ran head first in...
20K 473 22
Oliver film 1968 fanfiction. The story begins how we all know it, true to the film. However, what if Dodger met someone new- who would change his li...
9.8K 302 22
Viridity: Naive innocence