My Quiet Place

By Sofia_Nightgard

Annika Remo, a beautiful and innocent young woman, hides a painful past while living with her unsympathetic u... More

~ TRAILER ~
Chapter 1: Books
Chapter 2: Winter
Chapter 3: One day
Chapter 5: Mercy
Chapter 6: River
Chapter 7: Game
Chapter 8: Charity
Chapter 9: Safe
Chapter 10: Crazy
Chapter 11: Longing
Chapter 12: Believe
Chapter 13: Karma
Chapter 14: Not Alone
Chapter 15: Surrender
Chapter 16: Another Love
Chapter 17: Pillows
Chapter 18: That Way
Chapter 19: Let Me Down Slowly
Chapter 20: You and Me
Chapter 21: Are You With Me?
Chapter 22: Control
Chapter 23: Lost
Chapter 24: Enough
Chapter 25: Broken
Chapter 26: Fire
Chapter 27: Faith
Chapter 28: Like You
Chapter 29: Effortlessly
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Chapter 31: Time
Chapter 32: Conclusion
Chapter 33: Flour
Chapter 34: Light
Chapter 35: Heart
Chapter 36: Accident
Chapter 37: Moment
Chapter 38: Wrong Time
Chapter 39: Perfection
Chapter 40: Home
Chapter 41: selfishness
Chapter 42: Lust & Love
Chapter 43: Means
Chapter 44: Flames
Chapter 45: Mother
Chapter 46: Water
Chapter 47: Wish
Chapter 48: Plane
Chapter 49: Guilt
Chapter 50: Blue
Chapter 51: Apples
Chapter 52: Orchards
Chapter 53: Horse
Chapter 54: Unison
Chapter 55: Simple
Chapter 56: Indulge
Chapter 57: Germany
Chapter 58: Flavours
Chapter 59: Sounds
Chapter 60: New
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Illusion

3.1K 98 18
By Sofia_Nightgard

Matteo King

"Leave" I zip up my pants as the whore gathers her clothes from the ground. Taking some money out of my wallet, I throw it at her. "T-thank you," fucking bitch thinks she can talk to me. I pull her hair making her look at me, "Did I ask you to speak?" she flinches under my tone, bringing me amusement. "I asked you a fucking question and I suggest you answer?" grasping my gun, I drive it onto the side of her skull. 

"n-no," she quivers in my hold. These whore's only come to pleasure me for my needs, nothing more. They know not to cross the line and the consequences of doing so. In fact, the fucking world knows the evil that courses through my veins. I don't have fucking time for sympathy or love. 

Love? 

love is just something that eats away your sanity, leaves you with an inferiority complex and fills you with jealousy...and bitterness. Love is a fucking illusion. Nothing more than that. Anyway, it has fucking nothing to do with me as it's only weakness. So many people are just fucking naive and pathetic to think that love is worth fighting for. 

"LEAVE," Letting go of my firm grip on her hair, she snatches her stuff and the money running out of my office. Grinning, I lean back in my armchair, lighting a cigar.  I stopped looking for monsters under my bed when I realised it's inside me. 

My phone vibrates in my pocket, seeing it's Diego, I answer it. 

"Matteo." Normally I cut the persons tongue and feed it to the dogs for addressing me by my name but Diego. Diego is my right-hand man. He is my brother even though we're not of the same blood.

"Cut to the chase." I puff the cigar one last time before putting it out. 

"The arrangements are ready for the contract to be signed" I have been negotiating with the Mexicans for a while. Commonly my mafia buys their gun's in exchange for money or drugs. I'm very fucking powerful. Provoking or angering me would be the worst decision one does. People fear me not just because of my power but for my lack of sympathy. 

"Prepare the meeting, I'll be there" With that, I hang up the phone, taking a quick shower before leaving for the meeting. 

I finally reach the smoggy city, some of my men accompanying me as normal. All these buildings, sky-scrapers belonged to me. No fucking partnership, just me. Every single person in this world is the same. Consumed by greediness. Yes, I acquire whatever I lay eyes but I'm not hungered by selfishness. Instead, I'm motivated by ambition. I am prepared to work and strive for my desires. 

 My driver comes and open's the door, holding an umbrella over my head due to the heavy rain. Worthless pedestrians route for cover. I text Diego, that I've arrived before placing my phone back in my pocket and fixing my coat. 

 I was about to leave when my eyes lay on her. Her sculpted fragile figure which was twine-thin was sprinting into the thick rain. The odd girl spun in the middle of the street with what looked like delight. She tilted her head back feeling the rain against her pale light caramel skin, smiling. Her fucking smile is more radiant than a thousand suns. Her laughter crashing over me like waves. 

What the fuck Matteo.  

Everyone on the street was watching her and she didn't even fucking apprehend the idea. 

My breath hitches when I saw her face. The beauty observes her surroundings when her eyes tied to mine. A pair of arched eyebrows looked down on sweeping wet eyelashes. Her delicate ears were red from the cold. A set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she bit her lower lip. It was a pleasure to see her curly, dirty blond hair that clung to her face. Her enchanting, dusty green eyes gazed at me over her puffy, heart-shaped lips. I wanted so fucking badly to taste her strawberry tinted lips. 

She looked like the most innocent kitten. She broke the connection admiring around when a car came speeding towards her. 

Why the fuck isn't she moving. 

Without thinking, I ran to her, pushing her out the way. Her sweet scent blazed in my throat, as I lay caging her underneath me, looking down on her as she covered her face, with her small pale hands. Gently she removes her hands from her face and her soft eyes glisten onto mine "Are you ok, gattino," What the fuck am I doing. She nods. 

I get off her as she straights, her delicate eyes confused. "Boss are you ok" I ignore the pathetic question and notice her knee. Anger courses through my veins, thinking she might have gotten hurt worse. 

Why the fuck do you care. 

Standing up, I make way to the driver who was stunned. Nearly ripping the car door open grabbing him by his collar I bring him to my face, his feet not touching the ground because of my height. Fear was plastered on his face. I couldn't do anything to the guy knowing she was there, "Watch where you drive before I give you a fucking proper lesson." he mutters a quick 'yes sir' and I drop him to the ground with a thud, he scurries into his car driving off. 

I look at the little kitten on the ground her nose and cheek's highlighted lenient pink from the cold. I notice her shivering body. What the Fuck is she wearing. Her clothes stuck to her like a second skin, lining her perfect breasts and flat stomach. For some fucking reason I had the urge to kill every mother fucker who was looking at her like this. 

Leave her, what's wrong with me. 

 Before I could stop myself I was taking off my coat and placing it on her shoulders. She just looked at me stunned at my actions and frankly, I was too. Picking her up, her cold body pressed against mine, burning fire within me. "Your gonna get a fucking cold, gattina," she didn't say anything instead she frowns as she continued to analyse me. 

The itch to hear her voice was consuming and dark.  

"U-um stranger I-I think I can walk by myself," Simply hearing the sound of her voice brought a smile to my face. Her voice was so fucking soothing and gentle that it would have caused an assortment of tigers, wolverines and badgers to all snuggle together. 

What the fuck did I just say. 

 I place her in my car, aiding her wounded knee. I don't know fucking why but I do. "T-thank you," she shutters, blushing. FUCK 

I couldn't resist temptation. Placing my hand on the side of her face, I started to trace her Icy cheek. "Your so fucking cold." 

SHIT. What the hell is WRONG with me. 

She instantly removed my hand from her cheek, making me fucking irritated. "S-sorry I have t-to go," standing up, she went running off but I caught her by her arm. My little kitten thinks she can escape without understanding what she has caused. 

"I will drop you off" I push her back into the car, shutting the door before she tries to escape again.

I couldn't keep my fucking eyes off her. My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can't have and wanting what you shouldn't want. And I shouldn't fucking want her.

We arrive at the city library.  She turns to me slowly taking off my coat. "T-thank you again." I don't need the coat besides it has her fucking sent so it will drive me nuts. 

"What's your name, gattina" she looked up at me dazed, fiddling with her fingers. In her thoughts as to whether to answer the question or not. If it weren't anyone else I would have killed the fucking person for taking too long to answer. But with her, I was fucking patient. ME FUCKING PATIENT. 

She bites her bottom lip making me want to do Irrational things to her fragile body of her's. In an Instant, I warped my hand on her cheek tracing her soft plump lip with my thumb until she realised it.

"S-sorry, I'm late," Swiftly she gets out of the car before the driver could open the door and runs inside the library. Making me chuckle. 

What the fuck just happened. 

I wanted to fucking know everything about her and I couldn't stop that desire "I want you to assign some men to follow this girl and get them to find as much information about her as they can. Drop it off at my office after the meeting," I direct to the driver.

"Yes king" 

I was fucking late to the meeting and I'm never late. For the whole fucking three hours, all I was thinking about was the girl. After signing the contract the Mexicans left and I slung back into the chair. 

"Matteo, you were off the whole time. What's gotten into you" I wish I knew the fucking answer to that myself. 

There was a knock on the office door, I glare at Diego to keep his mouth shut. "Enter" my driver enters giving me the file. "She went home" I open her file skimming through the photos that my men took of her recently. 

"Her name is Annika Remo. She is 18. Her parents died four years ago, ever since then she has been living with her uncle's family." Annika, I loved the way it rolled down my tongue. 

Diego looked at me with enthusiasm. I couldn't fucking handle him at the moment. "Anything else" 

"Yes, king. By the last picture, it is suggested that she might be in a relationship with one of the guards" I felt a tug in my fucking chest observing the last photo. She had him in a hug as he wrapped his arms around her waist. 

I wanted to fucking cut his hands off. 

She was acting so innocent and I fell for it.

"Who's her uncle" 

"Peter Garcia" that fucking name sounds familiar. 

"Matteo isn't he the guy that calls you every day to invite you to talk about his deal" That fucker gets on my nerves. I sometimes consider killing him because of his annoyance but having him fear me is more enjoyable. 

"Call him and tell him we would be coming around later tonight" he choked on his whisky. 

"Matteo, you are not considering accepting his business deal" 

"Of course I'm fucking not." I lean back, smirking. 

"Then why?"

"Let's just say I want to have a little fun" My little kitten needs to learn not to play with the devil. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 11.5K 58
(Bonus chapters coming soon) Ariana Knight has spent her entire life in the shadow of her father, a ruthless kingpin who will stop at nothing to pro...
4.9M 148K 75
Mia Hartley has always managed to steer clear of her fathers lifestyle. While he's Capo in the most dangerous mafia in the world, she attended colleg...
21.5K 587 30
...And if Hell feels like Heaven you didn't change the Devil. But he changed You! ____________________________________ Camilla's life was never easy...
4.9K 323 39
The blue-eyed goddess. The sweet pretty-boy. The heartless mafia king. Brian Knight had given up on Samantha Black, but five months later their pat...