The Hallowed Heart - English...

By RatnaDewi971

Its been 10 years since Ye Jin's mom remarried to a nice man with a son. Unfortunately never once Hyun Bin, h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21 (Part Two)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 (Part Two)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
INTERMISSION
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38 (Part 2)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilog (Part 1)
Epilog (Last Part)

Chapter 9

491 40 1
By RatnaDewi971

Hyun Bin finished his last lap breathlessly.  His swimming speed was still too slow even after a month had passed since his kidney surgery.  Frustrated, Hyun Bin took off his swimming goggles and prepared to get out of the pool.

He changed his mind when two people he didn't want to see appeared from the entrance. Gong Yoo and Ye Jin walked hand in hand with gym bags slung over each other's shoulders. Apparently Gong Yoo took Ye Jin with him to practice swimming today, Hyun Bin thought sourly.

Maybe he could sneak around so he wouldn't have to greet them?

Unfortunately Gong Yoo's eagle eyes have recognized him even though Hyun Bin has tried to stand close to the edge of the pool, "Hey, Bin!"  he shouted.

Ye Jin turned her head to follow Gong Yoo's gaze, unable to hide her surprise meeting Hyun Bin in that place.

Reluctantly, Hyun Bin got out of the pool and walked over. Ye Jin smiled hesitantly and nodded towards him in greeting.  "I'm going to the locker room first, oppa," she said quietly.  Hyun Bin suddenly felt that the girl was also avoiding him.

Gong Yoo patted his shoulder hard, "Where have you been? Have you recovered? why did you start swimming again?"

Hyun Bin smiled sadly, "With my current condition, it seems that I can no longer enter the competition."

Gong Yoo looked at him seriously, "What is your current speed record?"

"Not as fast as it used to be."  Hyun Bin answered briefly.

"Don't be sad, we can practice slowly together. I'm sure you will win the championship again in no time" Gong Yoo tried to encourage him.

"And while you haven't recovered yet, let your goblin cousin win the swimming competitions on your behalf," he continued.

"Come on one lap first with me." asked Gong Yoo while taking off his shirt and pants leaving his swimming trunks.

Hyun Bin's cousin threw his clothes carelessly towards his gym bag that on the bench when his shirt flung onto Ye Jin's pair of milky white legs.

Hyun Bin and Gong Yoo gaped at Ye Jin who stood awkwardly in a pair of white bikini.

"I-I brought the wrong swimsuit, oppa ..." she said embarrassedly.

"Heheh, actually I've exchanged her swimsuit for that bikini", Gong Yoo whispered mischievously to Hyun Bin who suddenly felt his throat dry.

His cousin then ran over to Ye Jin and lifted her body before throwing her into the cold pool water. Not caring for the girl's cries for mercy.

Laughing, he jumped into the pool, grabbed Ye Jin's legs and prevented her from climbing to the edge of the pool.

Some people laughed at the commotion that Gong Yoo made but Hyun Bin couldn't see anything funny there.

Feeling his mood getting worse, Hyun Bin turned to walk towards the changing room.

Angrily, he kicked Gong Yoo's gym bag from the bench, not realizing that Ye Jin's eyes following him from behind.

***

*Splasssh! Gong Yoo splashed water on Ye Jin's face, "We're not here just to look around, you know!"

Ye Jin pouted because Gong Yoo kept pestering her.

"Let's make a bet, who can hold his breath longer in the water is the winner." Gong Yoo suggested.

"What's the stake?"  Ye Jin asked interestedly.

"If you lose, wash all my dirty clothes."

"What if I win?"  Ye Jin asked curious.

"If you win, there's a prize for you."  replied Gong Yoo mysteriously.

"Could it be that the gift you meant was 'a chance to wash your clothes'?" Ye Jin grumbled suspiciously. Her step-cousin had bullied her too many times.

"Eeeerrr.. Noooo...." Gong Yoo pretended to look around nervously, making Ye Jin laugh at his ridiculous face.

"Come on, let's do it just for fun!", he asked again.

"Alright, on the count of 3, get in the water, okay?"  Ye Jin replied excitedly.  "One two Three!" their heads disappeared under the surface of the water.

Gong Yoo held Ye Jin's shoulder making sure the girl didn't give up too soon.

The first fifteen seconds went smoothly, they looked at each other watching the opponent's state.

After twenty seconds, Gong Yoo started making funny faces to break down Ye Jin's defenses. But the girl didn't want to give up so easily.

Entering the thirtieth second, Gong Yoo changed strategy.  His face was now serious, looking at Ye Jin's eyes intently.

Panicked, Ye Jin tried to walk away, but Gong Yoo's hands gripped his shoulders tightly.

He was now moving closer and closer until their faces almost touched. Gong Yoo's eyes began to move down to Ye Jin's lips as he continued to move forward until there was no distance between them.

Gong Yoo's fingers began to move to Ye Jin's chin and his vision grew dimmer, causing the girl who had been wide-eyed nervously to jump to the surface with a cough.

Gong Yoo followed a second later while laughing, "I won!!!"

"You cheat!"  Ye Jin protested while still struggling to breathe normally.

Still laughing, Gong Yoo patted Ye Jin's back, helping to expel the water she had swallowed.

"Ugh, I want to go home!"

"Yaaaa, why are you sulking...?"

"My nose is clogged with water," Ye Jin replied as she climbed the pool ladder.  "Oppa, just continue, I'll wait on the bench after changing clothes." she concluded.

Gong Yoo looked at Ye Jin's back who was moving quickly into the changing room while wondering if what he did just now crossed the line.

Thinking whether to apologize or let Ye Jin just get used to the physical contact, Gong Yoo inched out of the pool. Because to be honest, he planned to touch her more often.

***

"Oppa, it's in one of your dirty shirts pocket!"  Ye Jin walked into Gong Yoo's room with a necklace in her hand.

Gong Yoo who was watching Ye Jin from the window while hanging his clothes (as a result of losing the previous bet) lifted his gaze from the book he pretended to read.

While suppressing a smile as his plan went smoothly, Gong Yoo acted surprised to see the necklace.

Ye Jin looked curiously at her step cousin who was weighing the attractive necklace in his hand.

"That's a goblin isn't it?"  Ye Jin pointed at the pendant which made of turquoise glass, shaped like a tiny, wide-eared monster.

"Yes."  Gong Yoo replied turning to look at Ye Jin.  "Isn't it cute?"  he asked.

"Really cute."  Ye Jin smiled adorably.

"If you like it, you can have it." Gong Yoo held out his necklace in a nonchalant manner.

"Huh? Why...? You don't have to give it to me..." replied the girl as she turned away.

Suddenly Gong Yoo pulled herbhand to prevent her from leaving, "I insist."  he said.

"Remember the surprise gift I promised you if you won yesterday's bet? Here's the prize."  he whispered as he put the necklace around Ye Jin's slender neck.

"But I lost," Ye Jin replied confused.

"Ssshhhh! It's just a technical matter."  Gong Yoo replied. His eyes looked at the pendant that was now perched comfortably at the base of Ye Jin's neck. His fingers pressed a little longer on the girl's skin, causing Ye Jin's hair at her nape shivers suddenly.

Ye Jin wanted to ask further but the appearance of Gong Yoo's mother who rushed over with a cordless phone to give to her son made all questions immediately dispersed.

Aunt Sun Young was standing beside Ye Jin, watching her son who was talking seriously on the phone.

"Eomma, I have to go to Hyun Bin's house now." Gong Yoo handed the receiver to his mother.  Hurriedly, he took his jacket and bag behind the door.

"What's wrong?"  her mother asked, while Ye Jin blankly stared at hik.

"Hyun Bin's mother called from out of town, she said her son didn't pick up his mother's phone since last night. He sent me to his house to check."

"I am coming along!" Ye Jin chirps suddenly.

Gong Yoo looked so ready to say no, but a second later nodded in agreement.  "Yeah, get ready, I'll be waiting in front." he answered.

Three minutes later Ye Jin had changed clothes, brought a bag and didn't forget to say goodbye to her father and mother. They were worried too to hear that Hyun Bin couldn't be contacted since last night.

Gong Yoo took his hand and walked towards the bus stop, and didn't let go all the way to Hyun Bin's house. They sat together in silence, worrying about Gong Yoo's stoic cousin well-being.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 986 4
Two times Hyun Bin kisses Son Ye-jin and one time he stops. A fictional story of their coming together in the 8-month universe. This beautiful cover...
125K 6K 39
#WATTYS2020 An unforeseen encounter between flight attendant Son Yejin and a journalist Hyun Bin had led to an investigation of a scandal in the airl...
39.7K 2.2K 35
Hyun bin is a really really rich guy Yejin is just a simple girl nothing special But one day their mother made them do an arrange marriage. Both of...
652K 23.4K 64
"You were given a chance to become iKON's manager temporarily, but Hanbin doesn't seem to like you very much." "Hey you, YOU, yes YOU, don't ever tak...