Once Upon An A December (Seas...

By -aexchen-

It was in December when I met this young shrine priest of the Nikkō-Gekkō-Shrine. I cannot remember his name... More

Important
01. December
02. December
04. December
05. December
06. December
07. December
08. December
09. December
10. December
11. December
12. December (part one)
12. December (part two)
12. December (last part)
13. December (part one)
13. December (last part)
14. December
15. December
16. December
17. December

03. December

1.4K 47 94
By -aexchen-

Xiao: "I'm bored."

I was walking around the forest boring myself out.

Xiao: "I have to keep watch over them for a whole month, three days have passed and I'm already bored..!"

'Should I go to the shrine? I wonder if Tàiyáng is already awake..'

I saw this one big tree and decided to climb it up.
At the top of the tree I looked around the area, I wanted to see if there are any monsters coming near the village or the shrine, but as it seems it was all clear.

'Guess I'll go visit Tàiyáng.'

I jumped down and went to the shrine.
After I arrived I asked some of the people from the Shrine if Tàiyáng was there.

•••: "Tàiyáng? He has left the shrine a while ago, he said he wanted to go to the forest to get some flowers there."

Xiao: "Flowers? In the deep snow?"

•••: "Those are really rare flowers, they only grow when there's snow on the ground.
If you know how to get this flower then you'll be able to make great medicine out of it."

Xiao: "I thought Tàiyáng was able to heal mortals with his powers?"

•••: "He can, but those medicine are for people that are sick or deadly wounded. Tàiyáng is able to heal people's wounds and mild illnesses but not strong illnesses or deep wounds, when it comes to those he's just like every ordinary doctor."

Xiao: "Aha. Do you know where exactly he went?"

•••: "he went to the southern part of the forest, you'll find him there easily."

Xiao: "All right. Thank you for the help."

I bowed down.

•••: "No need to thank me, please watch over our young priest."

As the woman of the shrine told me I went to the southern part of the forest and looked for Tàiyáng there.
After a couple of minutes I've finally found him.

Xiao: "Tàiyáng?"

Tàiyáng: "Kya!"

Tàiyáng turned around surprised.

Tàiyáng: "Don't scare me like that Xiao!"

Xiao: "Sorry. What are you doing anyways?"

Tàiyáng: "Oh, I'm trying to find some Iberis sempervirens here."

Xiao: "What are those?"

Tàiyáng: "Just some ordinary flowers..?"

Xiao: "I thought you were looking for rare flowers that only grown in the deep snow."

Tàiyáng: "Oh I was, but the snow here is not deep enough so I lost all my willpower to go any further~"

Xiao: "You look exhausted.. how long have you been looking for them?"

Tàiyáng: "ten or maybe eleven hours I think?"

Xiao: "It's only twelve in the afternoon! Have you been sleeping at all?!"

Tàiyáng: "Oh yes yes! No need to worry about that. I've had enough sleep!"

Xiao: "Don't overwork yourself!"

Tàiyáng: "I'll try."

Tàiyáng smiled away his exhaustion, but he couldn't trick me, I saw how his body was trembling and how hard he tried to stay awake.

Xiao: "Bèndàn."

Tàiyáng: "Huh-"

I took Tàiyángs hand and pulled him into my arms.

Tàiyáng: "X-Xiao?! W-What are you doing?!"

Xiao: "You look terrible.."

Tàiyáng: "That sounded cold-"

Xiao: "Even if you're immortal, you still need to sleep Tàiyáng! Or else your body wouldn't handle the cold!"

Tàiyáng: "Mhm.."

Tàiyáng cuddled himself into my arms and fell asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.
I picked him up and brought him back to the shrine.
After we arrived I went straight to his bedroom and laid him down into his Futon.

Xiao: "How selfless of him.."

'I don't want anyone to see you like this Tàiyáng..'

I sat down next to the sleeping Tàiyáng and played with his hair.
The golden curls of his were wrapped around my fingers, they were soft..

Tàiyáng: "Xiao..?"

Xiao: "Did I wake you up?"

Tàiyáng: "No.."

Xiao: "Something the matter Tàiyáng?"

Tàiyáng: "..."

'What's with that look on his face..?"

Xiao: "Tàiyáng?-"

•••: "Tàiyáng-sama we need your help!"

One of the shrine people rushed into the room.

Tàiyáng: "Is it them..?"

•••: "Yes young priest. It is them."

Tàiyáng: "Give me two minutes, I'll be right there.."

•••: "As you wish."

The person left the room again. Tàiyáng got up and changed himself.

Xiao: "Tàiyáng what's the matter-"

Tàiyáng: "Xiao! What ever happens don't let anyone see you!"

Xiao: "What?"

Tàiyáng: "Some members of the Fatui are here, if they find out that one of the Yakshas is here then Lady Tsaritsa will come here personally and destroy this shrine.."

Xiao: "Tàiyáng wait!"

I tried to reach Tàiyángs hand but it was to late, he already closed the door right in front of me.

'Tàiyáng..?!'

Several Hours have already passed and he didn't return.

'Tàiyáng.. please be save..!'

I heard someone trying to open the door, I summoned my spear and went into a fighting position.
A Boy covered in blood and wounds came into the room, that boy was-

Xiao: "Tàiyáng!"

Tàiyáng: "Xiao..."

Tàiyáng lost balance of his body and slowly fell down.
I rushed over to Tàiyáng to catch his falling body.

Xiao: "What happened?!"

Tàiyáng: "Nothing serious.. just the usual.."

Xiao: "This is not the first time they attacked you?!"

Tàiyáng: "Yeah.. but it's okay.. It doesn't hurt at all.."

I picked Tàiyáng up and carried him into his futon, I opened his Hanfu and took care over his wounds.
From Time to Time other members of the Shrine would rush into Tàiyángs room and help me take care over his wounds.
After some time the bleeding stopped and he was out of danger.
All the people that helped me with his wounds left to take care over the others that have been wounded, only I stayed with Tàiyáng to take care of him.

Xiao: "How cruel.. he said that if they knew that I was here, they would've destroyed this place.. but they didn't even know that I was here and still nearly killed Tàiyáng..
Mortals really are one of the worst creatures in this world.."

Tàiyáng: "You know that I could hear you.."

Xiao: "Tàiyáng?!"

'I'm glad you're finally awake..!'

Xiao: "Are you feeling better now..? Does anything hurt you..?"

Tàiyáng tried to get up, I helped him get up so that his wounds wouldn't open again.
He leaned himself into my chest and said relieved-

Tàiyáng: "I'm glad they didn't find you here Xiao.."

Xiao: "It's all my fault isn't it?! If I wouldn't have been here then maybe nothing would have happened-"

Tàiyáng: "It's not your fault~"

Xiao: "Huh?"

Tàiyáng took one of my hands and gently stroke it.

Tàiyáng: "It all started twelve years ago, I didn't want to have anything to do with Lady Tsaritsa so I just dumbed her and never let anyone of the Harbingers inside, except of my friends that are members of the Harbingers. So it's not your fault it all happened."

Xiao: "But you said that if they find me, they would destroy this place..?"

Tàiyáng: "It also has nothing to do with you, the Harbingers just really hate the Yakshas, that's all.."

Xiao: "..."

'What he's saying sound like the truth, but why do I still feel like it's all my fault..!'

Tàiyáng: "Say Xiao.."

Xiao: "I'm listening?"

Tàiyáng: "Would you mind staying over for tonight..?"

Xiao: "I..."

'I wish I could.. but I still have a duty to do..'

Tàiyáng: "Nevermind.. I completely forgot about your Duty as the Yaksha right now.
Forget that I asked.."

Tàiyáng leaned closer into my chest and closed his eyes.

Tàiyáng: "Let me just fall asleep.. then you can leave and do your duties.."

Xiao: "Alright.."

I took him into my arms and stroked his hair.
A couple of seconds later he fell asleep in my arms, I gently laid him down into the futon and covered him.
I stood up and went to the door, before I left I looked over to Tàiyángs body laying there..

'He's covered in wounds.. such a beautiful creature covered with bandages and wounds..
Those people shall suffer in the name of my Lord Morax..!'

I opened the door and disappeared with the wind.
The only thing that was in my mind was not my duty as one of the five Yakshas of Liyue but the body of the person I most desired..!

•••: "Hey, remember that one shrine priest that some of our comrades really fucked up?"

•••: "Oh you mean the one that wanted to talk instead to fight?"

•••: "Yeah, he really was an idiot thinking that we came to talk with them!"

•••: "You're right!"

The two Fatui henchmen laughed loudly, as if they've already won the battle..

Xiao: "Found you~"

•••: "The Vigilante Yaksha?!"

Their screams..
The wounds I gave them..
The Blood that was not only on my spear or on the floor but also on my clothes made me feel miserable..

'I killed them..'

I killed mortals..

'I haven't changed at all after all..'

Before I went back to the shrine I went to the village to look if some other Fatui henchmen's arrived there..
Luckily no one was there.
I went to the Nikkō-Gekkō-Shrine to look if Tàiyáng was doing alright.
When I arrived at the shrine I sneaked into his room and closed the door behind me.

Tàiyáng: "You're covered in blood?"

Xiao: "Tàiyáng? Why are you awake?"

I went to Tàiyáng and sat right next to him.

Tàiyáng: "I could feel the deaths of people. So it was you who killed them?"

Xiao: "..."

Tàiyáng: "Xiao?"

Tears started to come out..
I remembered about the past, the time I ate peoples hopes and dreams..
I started to remember all these days..

Xiao: "I'm really a monster..!"

Tàiyáng: "..?"

Xiao: "I thought that I've changed but I didn't..! I killed those mortals..! I'm nothing more but just a heartless monster!"

That feeling inside me, it hurts so much that I wished to never feel it again..

Xiao: "Why didn't I just die back then-"

Tàiyáng: "Don't you even dare say it!"

Xiao: "Huh..?"

'Is he.. angry at me..?'

Tàiyáng came closer to me and hugged me.

Tàiyáng: "You're not a monster, you are the Vigilante Yaksha of Liyue, you're Xiao! You didn't eat their dreams nor their hopes, they never had any to begin with. You don't have to feel bad about killing someone, as long as you had a good reason for it I'll always forgive you~"

As Tàiyáng said those words he smiled at me.
His smile was warm and told me that I should trust him.
I felt a little bit better than before.

Xiao: "..."

Tàiyáng: "Tell me, why did you kill those two Fatui henchmen's?"

Xiao: "They were laughing over you.."

Tàiyáng: "And that's the reason you killed them?"

Xiao: "Mortals are the worst creatures in this world..
They lie at their own race..
Use them like they are toys..
Sell them like some Antique..
And talk bad about someone else..
They always think that they are better then other people and hurt them..
Such creatures don't deserve to live.."

Tàiyáng: "And yet you cry over them when you kill one..?"

Xiao: "..."

Tàiyáng: "It's fine, you're save here."

Tàiyáng gently stroked the back of my head, I put my arms around him and just started to cry..
He was so nice, even after he knew it was me who killed them he still accepted me..
Tàiyáng is one of those people that don't rate people or creatures by their actions but over their lives..

Tàiyáng: "You didn't answer my question from today~
Xiao, would you mind staying over for tonight?"

His gentle voice that always relaxes me whenever I heard it, those gentle touches that welcomed me..
How could I say no to such a question-

Xiao: "I would love to stay here for tonight.."

Tàiyáng: "Then it's settled, you'll sleep here for tonight."

Xiao: "Hǎo de.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 105 10
𝜊𝜊𝜊. ▎ when will my life begin. . . 𓂅 ┆ ↰✔️ ㅤ ❨ ꕀ 𝑠𝑦𝑛𝑜𝑝𝑠𝑖𝑠 ・ | ・ 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 ꕀ ❩ ㅤ ⤷ ❛sweep again, and by then it's like...
55K 1.5K 21
◎𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕕◎ The wanderer was wanted and chased by the Shogunate's army. There was too much of them. He thought it was his end. But familiar li...
2.5K 82 16
This story is about the 8 nations. Mondstadt - Liyue - Inazuma - Sumeru - Fontaine - Natlan - Snezhaya and... Khaenri'ah (Also Aeyaka aka Aether x...
25.6K 1.1K 32
"Before we go, you need a name." The wanderer smirks. "Oh, really? Have you finally figured out a good one?" You nod. "I'll call you Yurushi." He st...