sunset|| j.murphy

By indrassoup

"what's so interesting about the earth rotating around a flaming ball of gas?" ophelia jordan isn't supposed... More

sunset
cast
1||earth
2||poison sumac
3||my big brother
4||grounders
5||rescue mission
6||acid fog
7||mystery
8||noose
9||the cliff
10||the cave
11||interrogation
12||mr grounder
13||saved
14||antidote
15||nuts
16||unity day
17||return
18||sick
20||waterfall
21||hunt
22||soldiers
23||revenge

19||blood

1K 27 18
By indrassoup

"you look like shit." 

"What? What do you mean there's no cure?" My surprise caused a sudden burst of energy to make me sit up. I immediately regretted it, a wave of lightheadedness overtaking me. 

"Lay down." Murphy carefully pushed me back down on the hammock. 

"Where's Clarke? She said they need to keep drinking water." I said weakly, referring to the sounds of dry coughs coming from all around the drop ship. 

"You need to keep drinking water." Octavia replied, holding a small metal cup to my lips. I swallowed the cool liquid, letting it soothe my dry throat. It felt nice for a second, but the relief went away quickly. 

I've never felt so shitty in my life. My everything ached, blood was coming out of my nose, eyes and mouth and to make matters worse, I felt absolutely helpless. I never got sick on the Ark, ever. Except for the time Monty, Jasper and I all had the Chicken Pox together when we were 10, I have never gotten sick. I just felt so useless.

"Get some rest, O. We'll be right here when you wake up." Octavia promised. 

I tiredly nodded, shutting my eyes and giving in to the exhaustion.

***

I woke up to the feeling of not being able to breathe. Like I was drowning. Or what I think drowning would feel like. Even though it wasn't the same, it reminded me of the feeling of rope tightening around my neck.

"Clarke said to roll her on her side!" I could hear Octavia shout as I sputtered out coughs, unable to breathe. I felt two hands roll me over so I was on my side as I felt blood leave my mouth as I coughed. 

"You're okay. You're okay. There you go. Just breathe, alright?" I heard a guy's voice say comfortingly as I coughed up more blood. I felt a hand pat my back lightly, which helped me get the blood up a bit easier.

I felt so gross. I hate being sick.

When I finally got all the blood up, I rolled back over onto my back, out of breath.

"Thank you." I croaked to whoever was there. 

"Don't mention it." Murphy replied. "Here." He handed me a canteen, which I gratefully took and drank some of the contents. "How you feelin'?"

"Like shit." I replied glumly, burying my face in the makeshift pillow under me. 

"If it makes you feel any better, the sickness doesn't last long." Octavia said from across the room as she helped someone else. 

"She's right, I feel fine now." Murphy added.

"Could've fooled me. You look like shit." I chuckled sleepily. He really did. I could only imagine I looked the same when I came back from the Grounder camp. 

"Where's my brother?" I croaked out, delusional and half-asleep.

"Uh..." Murphy stammered. 

"Where's Jasper? I want my brother." I mumbled. "Where's Monty?"

When no one answered, I assumed the worst, instantly fully waking up in panic. 

"Where are they? Are they sick? Are they in here?" I panicked, sitting up. Thoughts and worries of my Monty and Jasper were racing through my mind. Did I make them sick? 

"They're not sick." Murphy stated.

"Then where are they? Are they okay?" I demanded. 

"Calm down, Jordan. Lay down." He replied. 

"No. Tell me where they are." I shot back, doing my best to ignore the wave of dizziness falling over me like a blanket.

"We can't." Octavia replied. 

"Why n-?" I started shouting back, but cut myself off as the air felt as if it was cut off from my lungs, the feeling of choking on liquid returning to my chest. 

"Fuck." I could hear Octavia swear as I hunched over, coughing up as blood left my mouth. I could feel a set of hands on my back, rolling me over onto my side, which helped get the blood up easier. My senses were overwhelmed. My vision black, my nose only smelling blood, only tasting metal. I couldn't hear anything except a faint buzz in the back of my head.

When all the blood was up and I finally had stopped coughing, I rolled back over, once again, out of breath. Being sick sucks. I shouldn't be in here, throwing up blood, surrounded by more people throwing up blood. I should be out helping, fighting, living. 

"Where are Jasper and Monty?" I demanded again once I caught my breath. 

"We... we can't tell you." Octavia replied disappointedly. 

"Why not?" I asked angrily. 

"We just can't." She replied. 

That gave me enough information to know that something was wrong. They couldn't have been safe.

"Octavia. You know how much I care about my brothers. If it was Bellamy out there, I'd tell you." I persuaded. 

Octavia stayed silent, thinking about it for a moment. Eventually, she sighed and gave in. "They went to blow up the bridge." 

"They what?" I exclaimed loudly, sitting up straight. Blowing up a bridge? Those two can't even wash their own dishes, let alone set off a fucking bomb.

"Ophelia, it's okay. They're gonna be okay. Jasper's a great shot and an even better chemist and Monty's smart. They'll be fine." Octavia reassured. 

"I don't care how smart they are and how good of a chemist Jasper is or how great of an engineer Monty is, they are incapable of doing anything unsafe without me there!" I panicked, not caring about the strange looks I was receiving from the forty other sick people in the drop ship. 

"Hey! Calm. Down." Murphy stated firmly, grabbing onto my arm, stopping me from waving it around like an idiot as I shouted in panic. "Stop stressing yourself out, you're just gonna make yourself more sick." 

"You try not stressing out when your brother's blowing up a hundred year old bridge in a forest full of Grounders." I shot back. 

"You're scaring people." Octavia came back over from helping someone else, here voice slightly hushed. 

I looked around me, realizing almost everyone in the drop ship was staring at me in my manic state. I know I looked like a mess. But that doesn't mean I cared. I was more concerned about my brother's safety.

But then again, I didn't wanna scare people more than they already were. I ran a hand through my knotted hair, huffing as I tried to calm myself down. 

I held my head in my hands. "I'm sorry." I muttered into my hands, my words becoming muffled. I wiped my hands over my face. 

"Don't be. You're right. I'd be in the same position as you if it were Bellamy out there." Octavia assured, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

"Via, don't touch me, you'll get sick." I replied, shrugging her hand off. I hadn't called her that nickname in forever, since we first got placed as cellmates. 

"It's fine, I'm immune." She replied with a small smile. 

I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Of course you are." 

I have to admit, I was jealous. 

The sound of someone else coughing brought our conversation to a halt. "You alright over here?" Octavia asked Murphy, who nodded. 

"Your brother's gonna be okay, doll." Murphy assured, though it didn't seem to sound very sincere, I somehow believed him. "If he's anywhere near as strong as you, he'll be just fine. I promise." 

"Was that a compliment from John Murphy or is the virus making me delusional?" I replied with a smirk on my lips, slightly shocked.

"I'd go for the latter." He replied, back to his cold-hearted survivor state. It was nice while it lasted. 

All of a sudden, we heard a loud bang noise from outside the drop ship. I mustered up the energy to stand up and go with everyone else to check it out. 

I stepped just outside of the drop ship, looking up over the horizon of trees to see a huge, grey and orange mushroom cloud of smoke. Holy shit. 

Those knuckleheads actually pulled it off. 

Now I just have to hope they come home safely so I can kick their asses for leaving camp without telling me.

word count: 1348

a/n: hello hello hello i am so so sorry it has taken me so long to get a chapter out. i really have just had no motivation to write or do anything for that matter. anyways, sorry the chapters short but i hope you like it. had some pretty cute o+o moments and ophelia and murphy moments
also what are we thinking for a ship name? 
anyways, stay safe, happy birthday, love you all xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

890 57 12
❛𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆'𝒔 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” π’ˆπ’π’π’π’‚ π’‡π’Šπ’π’… π’šπ’π’– π’ƒπ’‚π’ƒπ’š, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒐 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’Šβœ or where anastasia atwood goes, trouble follows closel...
267K 5.1K 25
' She's a lost girl in her own little world, she looks so happy but she seems so sad. ' - disclaimer: i do not own the 100! all rights to the creator...
194K 7.5K 87
π„π”π“π‡π€ππ€π’πˆπ€ | "to suffer without death." Her life was simple until a ship fell from the sky. STANDALONE (RAVEN REYES X FEM!OC) (CLARKE GRI...
190K 6.9K 42
― π’“π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• π’‡π’“π’π’Ž π’˜π’“π’π’π’ˆ. ❝ you know how the moon only glows because it's reflecting off the sun? that's me w...