In My Heart

By vel555

He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and mon... More

⚠IMPORTANT⚠
⚠Alert ⚠
Prologue
❤characters❤
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Story

Chapter 46

20.8K 730 123
By vel555

Shourya's POV

It's been two days since that incident. At night, it's become very difficult to handle Khushi. She always wakes up with a nightmare. She cries in her sleep. She didn't try to harm herself again, but her nightmares don't allow her to sleep peacefully.

That pillow border doesn't help, in the morning, those pillows can be seen on the floor, and we end up cuddling with each other.

The feelings that I am experiancing these days are becoming stronger day by day. I don't know what to name those new feelings. Those feelings are foreign to me. When she smiles, my heart jumps seeing her smile and it makes my day, but when she cries, my heart breaks seeing her cry. I don't know what is happening to me or to my heart.

I think, I should visit a cardiologist.

I stopped Khushi from going to the office for a few days, and I also started to work from home. When Rahul got to know about Khushi, he was worried. He said he would manage everything in the office. He said he would come today to meet her.

When I went downstairs, Khushi was in the kitchen, preparing something. Nowadays, Jenny is not coming to work because her daughter is not well. So Khushi looks after the cooking, and I must say she cooks very well. Everything is just tasty. If she makes her tasty food everyday, then one day I will surely look like a potato, but I still can't ignore her cooking. I didn't stop her from cooking, because I saw her interest in it. If she keeps herself busy doing the work that she likes, then she will be able to keep her mind away from other thoughts.

"Hey, Khushi, what are you doing?" I ask, entering the kitchen.

"Umm... chicken biryani, Russian salad, potato 65, kadai panner, and fried rice," she said happily, and I was looking at her dumbfounded.

"Khushi, are you planning to invite the whole neighbourhood for lunch?" I asked her. She laughed at my question.

"Hey, do you forget? Rahul is coming for lunch," she said with excitement.

What is there to get excited about his coming....

I rolled my eyes. "So, this is all for him?" I asked, crossing my hands..

She nodded, smiling.

Why is she so excited to meet that idiot?

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No, it's almost done."

I nodded and went to watch TV.

I got a call from Khushi's mom.

"Hello, Shourya. How is Khushi? Is she fine? Why is her phone switched off?" She fired questions one by one.

Should i tell her about Khushi's nightmares? No, she will get worried. She is also not well.

"Hello, Shour-"

"Yes, mom, she is fine." I lied.

She is fine physically, but mentally she is disturbed, mom.

"Are you sure?" She asked doubtfully. "Please tell me truthfully. Don't lie."

"She is fi-fine, mom."

"Please take care of her and don't leave her alone." Her voice was filled with worry and sadness.

Did Divya tell her about the hospital incident?

"Ok, mom, take care."

"Ok, bye," she said and cut the call.

After awhile Khushi also came.
"Shourya, from when onwards can I  join the office again?" She asked while sitting and folding her legs.

These two days, she has been continuously eating my ears asking the same question. Can't she see that she is not well? Here Khushi is eating my ears, and on the other hand, Samaira is eating my ear, asking when I will come to meet her. Actually, since Khushi was not well, I didn't go to meet Samaira. Actually, after I am married to Khushi, I don't know why, but I don't feel like meeting Samaira. Before my marriage, I always used to go to meet her, and we always used to spend our time together. We used to go on dates, but now everything is slowly changing.

"Shourya," she poked her finger at me.

"Khushi, wait for another few days. After that, you can join."

"But, Shourya, I am perfectly fine now," she argued.

"Khushi, please don't eat my ears now," I said sternly.

"Devil," she muttered under her breath.

I narrowed my brows. "I heard that, Khushi."

"Good. I am going to change my clothes," she said and ran immediately before I said something else, which made me smile.

She is really crazy.....wait, why am I grinning like a fool?

Someone rang the bell. May be it's Rahul.

I got up and went to see the person.

Writer's POV

Shourya opened and was surprised to see Divya.

Flashback

Since Urvashi was dischargeed from the hospital, she was thinking about why Khushi didn't come to visit her. She thought maybe Khushi didn't know about her being in hospital.

And since that hospital incident, Divya has been feeling guilty for accusing and humiliating Khushi. She wanted to call her, but she was ashamed of herself.

How can she talk with her sister like that?  The sister who always helped her, who always took care of her and her needs. She was feeling ashamed. Guilt was eating her from the inside.

Urvashi finally asked Divya whether they told Khushi that she was in hospital.

Not able to hide the truth, Divya told everything to Urvashi, and in return, she got a tight slap on her cheek.

Urvashi grabbed her arms. "Do you know what you did, Divya? Do you know?" She shouted at her.

"Mo-mom, I-"

"Don't you know her situation nine years ago? Don't you know how she was behaving after your father's death? Don't you know how she tried to sui-suicide?" She shouted at Divya. She was in tears. That day they almost lost Khushi, and now if something happened to Khushi. What will they do?

Urvashi immediately called Khushi, but her phone was switched off. Her head was covered with sweat beads. Her heart was beating faster. What if something happened to her daughter?

She then dialled Shourya's number. When he said Khushi is fine, she sighed in relief but doubted whether he was telling her the truth or not. But again, when Shourya assured her that Khushi is fine, she thanked god, but she didn't know that night had already started hunting Khushi.

Divya was also crying. Finally, she decided that she would go and ask forgiveness from Khushi.

Flashback ends

"Hi, jiju," she said, nervously.

"Hey, Divya, please come in," he welcomed her.

Divya was looking around to see Khushi.

Shourya was about to call Khushi when they heard footsteps.

Khushi was surprised to see Divya.
Divya's face lit up looking at her sister, and she smiled, but it vanished when Khushi ignored her and started going to the kitchen.

Shourya felt pity for Divya. "Divya, you go and talk with Khushi, but please don't say something that will hurt her."

"Telling as if you never hurt her with your words" His mind mocked him.

Divya's eyes filled with tears thinking about how she humiliated and accused her sister in the hospital.

"I will be in my study room," Shourya said. He wanted to give them some space.

She nodded and followed Khushi.
Khushi knew that Divya was following her, so she acted as if she was busy cleaning the kitchen.

"Di," Divya said, her voice filled with sadness.

Khushi stopped hearing her calling her Di. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, ignored her and started doing her work.

"Di, will you not talk to me?" Divya asked.
"Di, please talk to me, yell at me, and if you want, then sla-slap me, but please don't ignore me like this, please," she pleaded. Khushi's heart was crying seeing her sister pleading with her like that.

"Why are you here, Divya?" Khushi asked, controlling her emotions.

Divya's heart broke seeing her sister calling her Divya instead of Divi. Khushi always called her Divi with so much love, but today there were no emotions in her voice or on her face.

"I came here to ask for your forgiveness, Di. I am sorry for whatever I said that day," she said between her cries.

"Don't call me Di, Divya. Don't make yourself embarrassed by calling me Di," Khushi said without looking at her.

"Plea-please don't say li-like that, Di," she joined her hands. "I am sor-sorry for whatever I said that day. I am sorry."

Khushi's eyes filled with tears.

"Please, Di, don't be angry with me. Don't hate me, Di." Divya fell on her knees, crying. "I was afraid, Di, thinking what if something happens to mom. I wa-was not thinking properly. Pl-please, Di, don't hate me..please," she pleaded between her sobs. She felt guilty for her actions, but she doesn't know what her accusations and humiliations caused Khushi that day.

Not able to see her sister like that, Khushi went towards her and made her stand by holding her arms.

"Di, please talk to me..please Di," Divya was crying hysterically.

"Shh, stop crying," Khushi said, wiping her tears.

"Di, please forgive me."

"It will take some time to forgive you because yo-you broke my heart by humiliating me like that, but I will try to forgive you. Now stop crying," Not waiting for a second, Divya hugged Khushi tightly.

"Thank you, Di. I am sorry for sla-slapping you that day," she said, hugging her tightly.

Khushi broke the hug and asked, "how is mom?" She asked hesitantly. She knew her mom was still angry at her. She will not forgive her so easily.

"She is recovering slowly," she told Khushi. "She is longing to see you, Di."

"She is angry with me, Divi."

"I know, Di. She was calling you today, but your phone was switched off."

"Really? Mom was calling me?" She asked happily, and Divya nodded, smiling at her.

After some time, Shourya also came downstairs. He smiled looking at two sisters talking with eachother.

Someone rang the doorbell. Khushi got up and went to see the person.

"Hey, Khushi, how are you?" Rahul hugged Khushi.

"I am fine, Rahul. Please come inside."

Rahul was surprised to see Divya. "Hi, Div-Divya," He extended his hand to hands shake with her.

"Hi," she hasitately shook her hand, but she immediately pulled her hand back.

"Hey, bro," Shourya hugged him.

"Come, let's have lunch," Khushi said. Divya helped her keep those dishes on the table.

"Chicken biryani and kadai paneer," Rahul rubbed his hands looking at the dishes.
Divya and Khushi laughed at his action, whereas Shourya rolled his eyes, muttering 'Hungry buffalo'.

"Khushi, I must say you cook really well," Rahul said after eating food.

"Thanks, Rahul."

"Di, I am going now. Bye." Divya got up to leave.

"Ok," Khushi hugged Divya.

"Hey, Divya, I am also going that way. I will drop you off," Rahul also got up.

"No, Rahul, it's fine. I will take a cab."

"I insist, Divya," Rahul said. Divya hesitated but nodded, and they both left.

Shourya's POV (two days later)

Today I decided to visit Khushi's mom and ask her about Khushi's father's death. Her nightmares are getting worse day by day. Those nightmares are not letting her sleep. She always cries in her sleep, saying, "Leave my dad".. "help"..."Sorry." Whenever she gets those nightmares, I hug her tight to calm her, but sometimes it doesn't work. But one thing I noticed that  whenever I hug her, I feel complete. It feels good.

I don't want to ask Khushi about her dad because her mind will again start thinking about that incident.

I wore my casual clothes to go to Khushi's house.

"Hey Shourya, going somewhere?" Khushi asked, looking at me.

"Huh? Ya, I have some work. I-I am going to the office. I will be back soon," I lied.

"Seriously, are you going like this to the office? I mean to say, you never went to the office wearing these types of clothes?" She asked, raising her brows while pointing at my clothes.

"Girl, that's my own office. Even if I went there shirtless, no one would say anything. Instead, girls will jump on me when they see me like this," I said, smirking at her. In return, she glared at me.

"Why shirtless? Go naked...no one will say anything to you," she mocked, rolling her eyes. So I thought to tease her. "Ohh, so you are desperate to see your husband without clothes, huh?"

Her eyes widened.

I held her hand and kept it on my chest, and I held her waist. 

She was shivering. "N-no, I-I do-don't wan-want to see any-anything. Leave me," she said, looking everywhere but at me. Her face was worth seeing.

I was controlling my laugh.

She tried to push me, but I held her waist tightly. "Why? Don't you want to see how your handsome husband looks without his clothes? Don't you want to see how hot your husband looks with those six-packs and those biceps and so on?"

Her cheeks became red. "Yo-you pervert, lea-leave me. I-I don't wan-want to see," she said, wiggling from my hold.

"Come on, wifey, don't be shy," I said.

"Ouchh" She pinched my stomach, and my hold loosened. She took that opportunity to free herself from me.

"Oww, women, that hurts," I said, rubbing the area where she pinched.

"Good. I told you to leave me, but you didn't. Now go to your office. Otherwise, you will get late."

She didn't know that I was going to dig her past related to her dad.

I shook my head and took my car keys to go to Khushi's house.

My mind was continuously telling me to prepare myself to be ready for whatever I was going to hear today.

Hey guys, I hope you all are fine.

So how's the chapter?

Shourya is going to dig Khushi's past related to her dad....are you interested in knowing what happened to her dad?

That will be in the next chapter and that chapter I will update on thereafter tomorrow.....till then please vote and comment otherwise I will not update.

May god bless you and protect you all

Vel💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 670 39
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
1.3M 10.1K 18
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...
112K 5.4K 61
{previously known as, Teri Mehfil Hai, Mera Toota Dil Hai} Here I m standing with tears in my eyes wearing the heavy bridal lehenga, It was my weddin...
174K 9.8K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...