the king and his bride | k.th

Galing kay x_linn_

[discontinued] "He must be quite fond of you if he's calling for you even in the middle of the day." "I don't... Higit pa

introduction
playlist
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TKAHB universe
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
Discontinued

forty-five

2.9K 195 173
Galing kay x_linn_

Intruders

It was a raging storm outside that evening, the howling wind sending rain crashing against the massive windows of the palace. It was the kind of evening children feared, the kind of evening I didn't fancy myself. The enraged clouds would send bolts of lightning to strike against the ground heavily, and ever since I was just a little child, I hated lightning.

However, as I sat in the pleasingly warm water, the humid air scented with verbena, bee balm and lavender, the angry thunderstorm outside didn't affect me at all. The comforting arms around my waist and the security of a strong chest against my back seemed to chase away the anxiousness deep inside.

''Are your parents coming to the ball in two days as well?'' I asked quietly, leaning back to lay my head on his shoulder, looking up at him in question.

Taehyung wanted to spend the evening in the royal bathtubs together, saying he needed the rest before tomorrow, and who was I to deny him that. All the aristocrats and gentry would come to the palace tomorrow to settle down for the three days during which the annual ball was taking place. Meaning starting tomorrow, Taehyung would have way too much work on his hands to truly catch a break.

''No, my old man doesn't fancy festivities like that very much. Mother wouldn't come all this way alone either,'' he replied and I pursed my lips, nodding.

''I see, that is a shame,'' I muttered but Taehyung glanced down at me, raising his eyebrow, ''or I guess maybe not.'' I bit my lip, remembering all the times I talked to him about his father.

''I am not complaining,'' he shrugged his shoulders.

''I understand that you and your father don't have the best relationship. Especially after what he has done,'' I noted carefully, searching his face. Taehyung snorted.

''That doesn't even begin to cover the kind of person he actually is.'' I raised my eyebrow, thinking how bad his father actually had to be, ''Do you want to hear about how the Bride fest was actually created?''

I widened my eyes, looking at him in stunned silence.

Where did that come from so suddenly?

Looking deep into his eyes, I could see he wasn't so sure about telling me himself, but I was more than happy he was opening up to me with his past. So I composed myself quickly, nodding my head.

''Yes.''

Taehyung nodded to himself quietly, looking back ahead. I rubbed his arms that were wrapped around my waist soothingly, waiting for him to organize his thoughts.

''During the first two years of my ruling, things were tough. I still didn't get the hang of most things, I panicked more than I actually worked, I tried hard but made more mistakes than solved them. Issues were piling one on top of the other each day. Riots, decreasing standard of life, increasing poverty among higher-ranking families. I felt hopeless and miserable back then, my father didn't believe in support, said it's me who needs to figure this out if I am to rule for the rest of my life. However, things didn't improve for a long time and even he started to get frustrated and worried for the kingdom. So he said one thing. If I want things to go how I wish them to, I need to assert authority over people.'' I frowned softly, thinking what a terrible advice that is. Advice suiting the cruel man the retired king really was.

''I didn't really understand what he meant at first but then he explained. You assert authority over people by showing them you can easily take something dear from them. Show them there's always someone above them all. And so he came up with the idea of Bride fest and creating a harem. I was against it at first and I refused to move in that direction, so my father took over the palace for the next week or so. Those days I spent mostly with my mother. She was just as against the idea as I was but once she saw father was not backing down and there was no other way, she started to try and persuade me into doing it. One evening, she said something that made me reconsider.'' Curious, I raised my eyebrows not tearing my eyes away from his face.

''What was that?'' Taehyung looked down at me, tightening his arms around my body.

''She said with the Bride fest I had the chance to meet the girl I wanted to see for a long time.''

Startled, I leaned away from his shoulder, turning to him fully with a frown.

''You don't mean-''

''Mother was the only person I told about you. How there was this little girl in the crowd at the coronation, how she smiled so widely and how her smile alone made me think that maybe ruling wouldn't be such a misery.'' Not able to find any words to express myself, I watched him silently, tonguetied. ''I always wanted to meet you at least once. I wanted to thank you even if you were just a child back then. But truly, this wasn't the way I had in mind. You becoming a part of all this. I didn't want this for you but back then I had no choice. Things were getting worse and worse, my father kept on pushing and the kingdom was falling apart. So I accepted in the end. Despising the idea still but I endured it knowing I would at least get to see you at some point.''

I slowly looked away from him, processing all that was said, my mind a jumbled mess of confusion.

''I-wow...''

''At first, I didn't plan to take you in.'' I glanced back at him, biting my lip, ''I thought just seeing you would be enough. Maybe have the chance to exchange a few words. But once I saw you on that stage, once I stood so close to you, I couldn't push back the fear of it being our last encounter.''

Gulping I looked down at the clear water around us, a stray rose petal floating close by.

Was I partially the reason the harem was created? He said he didn't have much choice, but it was because of me that he started to consider it. He wanted to see me ever since the day of coronation. Just because I smiled his way. Just because I was happy for him back then.

''I don't know how to feel about this, to be honest,'' I uttered, trying to arrange my thoughts.

''I never wanted it to come to this. Back then I would never even think of getting you tangled up in all this. But once I finally had you, I was desperate,'' he whispered, holding up my chin with his finger.

One look in his eyes made me ease up in his arms, sighing heavily.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, searching his eyes.

''You think there would be no other way for us to meet if I wasn't in the palace?'' Taehyung pursed his lips.

''I don't know. Most likely not. Not with my father around.''

''How come he has such a strong grip on you and what you do? I understand he is your father but he doesn't rule anymore. Even with all these people in the palace who are on his side, he shouldn't have that much power, right? What can he do, not being in charge?'' I questioned, genuinely confused why his father is always such a big deal. I didn't know much about how the palace worked, but him being retired must mean he doesn't have as much power as Taehyung does, right?

''It's a tradition that's been here for centuries. As long as the retired king lives, the power is divided in half. Technically, he is in charge as much as I am.'' Surprised, I gaped at Taehyung in shock for this was the first time I ever heard about this.

''But he doesn't live in the palace?''

''He has people here. He doesn't need to be present for things to run his way.'' Frowning I leaned my head against his shoulder once again, thinking.

''That does not seem fair at all,'' I muttered and Taehyung chuckled, bringing me closer to his chest.

''It may not be. But it being tradition, no one really cares about that.''

''How come this is the first time I'm hearing of this?'' I pondered silently.

''The commoners are never involved in such matters. It's like we live in two different worlds. Not much gets out of the palace although everything gets inside. Not many common people know, and if they do, they don't care much, as long as they have someone above who helps them survive another day.'' I nodded solemnly, hugging him tighter.

He wasn't wrong about that. Common people don't know much about politics outside their range. And if they do, they don't understand much either. It's like a different world for them. They rather focus on themselves and their own survival.

It is a tough life to lead, but with definitely less drama to worry about.

Looking around the busy lobby of the palace, I could feel my stomach physically clench. People of high status all around, clothed in velvet and satin, adorned in gold, pearls, and crystals.

Men with perfectly fitting tailored suits or jackets with golden patches. Their shoes so squeaky clean I could see myself in one of them as a man walked by.

Women with their hair done up perfectly, walking around with their robes flowing behind them so graciously as if they were walking on clouds.

''Does the palace really have the rooms for all these people?'' I asked perplexed, my eyes feeling overwhelmed by the sights of such expensive people all gathered in one place. Suddenly, the ginormous palace lobby seemed too cramped.

''The second floor has many vacant rooms to begin with. They serve exactly this purpose,'' said Lisa, watching the people around with her arms across her chest, seeming bored.

''Well, this is gonna be fun,'' grumbled Jisoo, watching one of the women walking by giving us a disgusted glance.

I already got used to the contempt thrown my way from people of higher ranks, but this situation was way too overwhelming. Especially knowing this would last entire three days.

''I am not sure I want to attend the ball anymore,'' I muttered, huddling into myself as one of the aristocrat women almost bumped into me.

''We will get lost in the huge crowd, don't worry. These people don't bother with sluts like us,'' retorted Jisoo bitterly and I hissed internally at the slur. I didn't like that word.

''Even so, you girls are always welcome to hide away in the kitchen if things get overwhelming. I will be there helping around the entire time,'' grinned Lisa reassuringly, wrapping her arms around both of our shoulders. I frowned, looking aside at her.

''What? You're not coming out at all?''

''Doesn't seem that tempting babe,'' scowled the girl, looking disapprovingly at all the flaunting people around. Just like us, Lisa didn't fancy most of the aristocratic people, simply because she knew how they treated us.

''Fair enough,'' I sighed, biting my lip, noticing a group of people on the other side of the hall pointing our way, talking quietly among themselves.

''Not to interrupt your chatting girls, but you should go outside for now or into your rooms, it will get pretty crowdy in here soon.'' Turning around, I smiled spotting Seokjin walking our way, hands in his pockets. I raised my eyebrows noticing Taehyung just behind him, but he was too engrossed in a conversation with Mr Lim to notice us.

''Crowdier than it is now?'' asked Jisoo with a frown, scanning the busy lobby.

''Very much crowdier, darling.'' I widened my eyes, watching him squeeze her side subtly, Jisoo's cheeks heating up right away at the gesture, ''now go, I will see you girls in the evening on dinner.''

The girls turned around to walk outside but I took one more chance to look Taehyung's way. Still, he was too busy with his conversation to notice me. He seemed to be upset as well, this must have been a stressful time for him. Sighing I turned around, catching up to the two girls.

''Did he just call you darling?'' asked Lisa just as I joined them and my focus was immediately on Jisoo as well who seemed to carry the same blush she left Seokjin with.

''You must have heard wrong,'' she uttered and sped up her walk, ''let's go girls, it's really getting much rowdier in here.''

Dear Jungkook

I sincerely hope you're doing well. I came to Clawsen to visit you on the anniversary but you weren't home, I suppose you were out job hunting so that's fine. How is it going anyway? Any good news?

I visited Mrs Lee as well. Just like you said, her health seems to be getting worse, please look after her whenever you can. However look out for yourself as well, I don't want you to overwork yourself. Remember, health and safety always come first.

If you're wondering about Hank, he is doing okay, he loves to wander around the gardens and especially loves to sleep on my pillows, which I came to realize the hard way but we managed to make an agreement and he has his own pillow he sleeps on now.

Anyway, I hope we can meet soon, how about next week? The annual ball is starting tomorrow and will last three days so I will be busy but once it all ends and the palace goes back to normal, I would love to see you, I miss you.

Your Rose.

Sighing I put down the pen and folded the letter neatly, putting it into an envelope.

Jungkook was always a hardworking guy but a stubborn one too. A terrible combination sometimes, simply because I knew he didn't take care of himself as properly as he should. I could only imagine how difficult it was to find a proper job for a simple village boy like him. Knowing him, he must be beating himself up after every refusal. I wished he would catch some break.

A sudden knock on my door made me jump in my chair and I turned around to my door in confusion. Hank who was napping by the foot of my bed perked up as well, looking at the door with his huge eyes.

''Come in,'' I called softly and in came no other but Taehyung himself, seeming to drag his body across my room, ''Taehyung?'' Not getting an answer, I watched as he threw himself heavily in my bed, making me chuckle. Hank hopped up on the bed himself, sniffing around Taehyung's body in curiosity. ''Are you okay?'' I stood up from my chair and approached the bed, sitting down next to him.

''Tired,'' he muttered into my pillow.

''Oh dear,'' I sighed, stroking his hair soothingly, ''must have been a long day for you.''

''The worst is just coming,'' he huffed grumpily and I smiled softly.

''You should go get some rest then,'' I patted his shoulder.

''What do you think I'm trying to do right now?'' I raised my eyebrows.

''Here?''

''Problem?'' I chuckled, leaving the grumpy guy lying down as I stood up.

''Not at all, make yourself comfortable, I will go take a shower,'' I said, taking a towel from my drawer.

''Can I jo-'' he was about to sit up but I shook my head, pushing him back down on the bed.

''No. Sleep,'' I pointed my finger at him with a challenging glare. Taehyung sighed, seeming to burry himself further into my pillow.

''Bossy much?'' he muttered quietly, eyes already closing. I smiled softly, shaking my head.

''Goodnight.''

''Goodnight.''

3. person pov

The main ball room had never seemed this lively and rowdy. The few times Chaeyoung was there before, the room was so huge and spacey, her voice would resonate eerily around, bouncing off the marble pillars on both sides, vanishing into the other side where a single throne meant for the king was placed on a high step, similar to the one in the throne hall. It was always empty and cold and dead. But not tonight.

The room swarmed with people in heavy, rich clothes, live music playing from one corner as everyone danced away laughing and enjoying themselves. Basking in the richness all around them, complimenting each others' clothes and accessories, throwing jealous glances at everything they wanted but didn't have. Fake laughs and fake courtesies.

Seeing all this, Chaeyoung had no intention of going in, staying faithfully on the sidelines near the tables with refreshments with the girls.

''I think I will joining Lisa in the kitchen soon,'' grumbled Jisoo, taking a grape from the table behind her.

''Come on, we've been here for like half an hour,'' sighed Jennie looking around, but Chaeyoung could see even she wasn't enjoying herself that much, even as an aristocrat girl herself.

''It's hard to breathe in this room. So many people gosh,'' sighed Jisoo.

''The palace is usually so serene and quiet, it's an unusual sight,'' muttered Chaeyoung, looking around with a frown.

In the huge crowd, she could barely spot anyone she knew, except for the brides.

Like always, the brides wore white, however, tonight the dresses were much fancier than their usual simple designs.

Chaeyoung loved hers for instance. It was a heart neckline dress, the neckline was lined with little roses and pearls and so were the tops of her puffy sleeves that began at her lower shoulders. The bottom of her dress would drag along the floor at the back, a touch none of her previous bride dresses had.

''Sure is. Hopefully, these three days pass quickly,'' grumbled Jisoo.

''Can you two stop being so negative?'' whined Jennie, obviously the only one who bothered to keep the spirits up.

''I'm just saying,'' muttered Jisoo to herself grumpily, plopping another grape into her mouth.

Sighing Chaeyoung looked around the busy dance floor once again, letting herself admire all the beauty these people seemed to carry with themselves. No matter how fake they truly were, their beauty couldn't be hidden so easily. So strong it overwhelmed her eyes.

However once she spotted him, not even all the richness of these people combined could ever hold a candle to his beauty.

Taehyung was in the middle of the dance floor, dancing with a woman as they led a seemingly pleasant conversation.

Ever since the Bride fest, this was the first time she saw him with a crown on his brow. He looked majestic. Wearing all black, a black jacket atop a silk dress shirt, cuffs adorned with golden buttons that went along well with the golden crown with ruby elements. He looked so simple but still, he outshined all those people around.

Her eyes strayed from him to the woman he was holding as they floated lightly along the dance floor.

She was beautiful, probably Taehyung's age. She wore a powder pink dress with a deep neckline, a pearl necklace sitting atop her collarbone, and various pearls and flowers tucked into her silky brown hair that was in a flawless updo.

The unpleasant churns in her stomach made Chaeyoung uneasy, she hated feeling jealous. But how could she not?

As Taehyung switched girls one round after the other, she couldn't help but feel so small and insignificant with all those girls swarming around him.

He was the emperor, respected one, and most of all, the person holding the most beauty in all of the kingdom.

And what was she next to him? Basically nobody. Compared to all these beautiful women around him that had so much to offer.

''Okay I thought I would let you talk about this on your own but fuck it, will you tell us what happened between you and Seokjin already?'' Getting off her train of thoughts, Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows at Jennie who was looking suspiciously Jisoo's way, the girl wearing a faint blush on her cheeks as she took bashful glances somewhere into the crowd.

Following her line of sight, Chaeyoung understood immediately, spotting Seokjin on the other side of the hall, chatting with some people while stealing sneaky glances the girl's way himself.

''Oh yeah, you two seem much more friendly lately,'' she noted, looking at Jisoo as well, expectant.

The girl seemed to consider what to say and soon she sighed heavily, giving up.

''The king and him talked and I will be soon freed from the Brides' title.''

Both girls gaped at her silently, awed at the sudden news.

''No way! That's amazing!'' cheered Chaeyoung, hugging the bashful girl, and soon Jennie joined, all of them laughing joyfully.

''Girl that's awesome!''

''When will that soon be?'' asked Chaeyoung, pulling away with a wide grin.

''In two months, during the next Bride fest. The king will accept a new bride but will also free one.''

At that Chaeyoung tensed a little, smile faltering. The next Bride fest. She completely forgot about that. Taehyung will get a new Bride soon.

''Makes sense. Looks less suspicious that way. Oh my God that's such great news though, I need to find Jimin and tell him!'' cheered Jennie, clapping in excitement, ready to run off into the crowd to find their friend.

''Jennie wai-'' but Jisoo was too late, the girl was already out of their sight, ''and she's gone,'' Jisoo chuckled silently, shaking her head.

Shaking off her clouding thoughts Chaeyoung forced a small smile, turning to her friend, taking her hands gently.

''I'm so happy for you two. I hope from now on you will be able to be happy by each other's side.''

''Me too,'' sighed Jisoo, squeezing her hands, ''Chae, thank you for your support, truly. Since the beginning, you were never short of hope for the two of us and it means the world to me.'' Chaeyoung shook her head, smiling.

''You two belong together. I never doubted faith to reconnect you two once again.'' Jisoo laughed, taking Chaeyoung into a second hug.

''Thank you,'' she whispered into her shoulder, squeezing her tight.

Chaeyoung smiled sadly, rubbing her friend's back.

It wasn't fair of her to be upset about the upcoming Bride fest when it was the thing that would free her friend into the happiness she deserved. She could push back her own emotions this one time.

''Excuse me?'' The two girls pulled back, looking at Seokjin who approached them with a smile.

''Oh, hey,'' piped Jisoo, blushing. Chaeyoung smiled, watching the two.

''May I have this dance?'' he reached for Jisoo's hand, bowing slightly. The girl blushed furiously, glancing aside at Chaeyoung who couldn't contain her grin.

''Go on,'' she ushered the girl, shooing her away.

''Sure,'' Jisoo complied, taking Seokjin's hand, and soon he led her into the crowd of dancing people, not before throwing Chaeyoung a quick wink from behind his shoulder.

Taehyung ascended the few steps to crash down into his throne heavily, glad for he finally managed to escape the madness on the dance floor. His head was buzzing in the loud room and as one of the servants came up to him and offered him a glass of wine, he couldn't deny. Taking it from the silver tray he nodded the boy's way in gratitude before gulping the beverage down, eager to soothe his throat and mind.

''What a busy night, am I right?'' Sighing exasperatedly on the inside he looked behind his shoulder, noticing Jang Junsu standing there with a glass of wine of his own.

He was from a well-off aristocrat family and Taehyung always had the suspicion the bunch was from his father's side.

''Mr Jang. Sure is, I hope you are enjoying yourself,'' he threw the man a fake smile before turning back around to watch the busy dance floor, sipping on his wine.

''How could I not, in such pleasant company of all these people.'' Taehyung scoffed silently, wondering what exactly was the man's definition of the word pleasant, ''I have to admit I have been watching you for the past few minutes. All these young girls you took around the dance floor seem to be enamored with you, Your Majesty. Me and my companions have been wondering whether there is someone special in your life? For you don't seem to show much interest for any of these beautiful girls.'' Taehyung glanced back at the man, raising his eyebrow.

''I am not looking for any companionship like this anytime soon Mr Jang,'' he retorted emptily, tilting his head to the side, giving a clear sign that he was in no mood to chat with the other about this topic. Nor any other topic truly.

''I see. Explains why you're still holding onto your Brides so strongly.'' Taehyung watched the man silently, clenching his jaw. He sure had some confidence chatting so openly to the king himself.

''I must say, I can see the appeal in having such treasures at your reach. But I believe you must take care not to let them too near, am I right? In the end, girls like that aren't of much worth.'' Taehyung smirked bitterly, scanning the other with a poisonous stare.

''I'm afraid I must disagree with you Mr Jang,'' he uttered, looking at him challengingly, licking the corner of his mouth, ''Aren't all women wonders we must treasure? I always believed they deserve a lot of respect,'' he tilted his head, watching the guy daringly. Mr Jang seemed to get less and less confident in his words as seconds passed by and Taehyung couldn't help but enjoy watching the other wither down.

''Cannot disagree with you on that Your Majesty,'' he chuckled nervously, ''However we must admit, there are always some exceptions.''

''Are there?'' Taehyung raised his eyebrows, the bitterness in him growing as he saw the man's scorning gaze on one of the brides among the dancing crowd.

''If I remember correctly, a woman named Bae Juhyun caused a lot of issues in the palace back in the day.'' Taehyung clenched his fists, however, he did not look away from the man, daring him to continue, ''Now, I don't know much but I heard she was trouble. Glad she was taken care of.'' The satisfied smile on the man's face made Taehyung's blood boil, the guy took enjoyment in abasing the Brides.

''Mr Jang,'' started Taehyung, voice so low you could mistake it for the beginning of a deadly thunder, ''I recommend holding back your flawed views of women in my presence in the future unless you want to be the one I take care of next,'' he advised, face and voice calm but it was the kind of calmness that caused even your insides to shudder, ''You are a man, but I would take great joy in showing you how you can turn into less significant than a mere ant in a second. Not to mention women.'' The guy took a step back, the murderous stare he was receiving, the ground beneath him shaking so vividly, he knew he made a mistake, ''Go.'' And Mr Jang did not think twice but fleed immediately, making Taehyung lean back into his throne with a scowl.

''Fucking asshole,'' he cursed under his breath, watching the guy's back as he pushed against people to get to the exit of the room.

Sighing Taehyung closed his eyes, a single thought running around his head in circles.

Juhyun. It's been a while since he thought of her. The recollection of her brought mixed emotions. Bittersweet ones.

She used to be someone who brought a bit of light into his miserable life. She was his little distraction from the loneliness and pain. However her departure left him even more miserable than he ever was. He never wanted to go through that again.

Yet, there was Chaeyoung. Now he signed himself up for something even bigger. He wasn't sure what he would do if she had to leave, if he had to say goodbye.

Chaeyoung did not only bring light into his life, she made him want to be better. Be his greater self. He wanted to leave behind the self he created while sitting on the throne for all those miserable years. He grew cold and empty, built this wall in between him and everyone else. All to rule well. That's what he was always told to do, that's what he thought was the best and it's what protected him.

But he was dead. It was not a way to live, it was a way to survive and get from one day to the other without having anything to look forward to.

But Chaeyoung, she was so alive. She was driven by her emotions. She blushed when she felt shy, twisted her fingers, or hugged her middle when she felt anxious. She laughed when she enjoyed herself and frowned when she was confused or upset.

She lived freely and Taehyung admired that so much.

Juhyun used to be a playful girl. Playing around with him to pass time, laughed with him when they told each other jokes. But he never felt such a connection with her. She kept him sane, kept him distracted but never truly happy.

And while Juhyun made him think about the boy he once was, carefree and alive, Chaeyoung made him want to be that boy once again. Free and able to enjoy his life once again. This time with her.

Scanning the room in front of him, he focused on looking for the girl, her crown of blonde silky hair catching his attention immediately. But there was something else that caught his attention as well, this time not in a good way.

Chaeyoung was on the other side of the hall near the refreshment tables, talking to a man. He wasn't dressed as fancy as most of the gentry present but it seemed that he tried his best with a white shirt with puffy sleeves and dress pants, his hair spiked up. Taehyung didn't recognize the guy and instead of thinking of who it could be, he was distracted by the way he made Chaeyoung laugh, the way he reached for her arm whenever he wanted to catch her attention. They seemed to be in a pleasant conversation and Taehyung could feel his fists clenching on their own, the sight making him too upset to think of looking away.

Yet once Seokjin came running his way, his attention was directed away immediately.

''Taehyung we have a problem. A big fucking problem.'' Taehyung frowned, scanning his friend's distressed state.

''What is it?''

''Mr Kang was found dead at the back of the first floor just now. Maids found him lying in the pool of his blood.'' Taehyung stood up from his seat immediatelly, looking at his friend in startled confusion.

''What the fuck? How did that happen?''

Seokjin grabbed Taehyung's sleeve, dragging him to the back, further away from the people enjoying the ball.

''He has a dagger wedged in his chest. I rushed here as quickly as I could so I couldn't see much but it seemed old and rusty. Nothing you would find here in the palace.''

Taehyung frowned deeper, thinking.

There were way too many people in the palace right now, finding the culprit wouldn't be simple. If the weapon wasn't from here, it must have meant the culprit wasn't from the palace either, but that left him with way too many options anyway.

''Your Majesty,'' Mr Lim came speed walking their way, coming close so the gentry standing by wouldn't hear their conversation, ''I was informed of what happened. My wife told me she has seen some sketchy people walking around in the shadows of the corridors. Dark clothes and all rugged.'' Taehyung pursed his lips, looking at the older man silently.

The options immediately narrowed down.

''Tae? Do you think-''

''Call for the regiments. I want them guarding around the palace. Guard all the exits and all the floors. Do not let anyone in from now on,'' Taehyung took off his jacket, throwing it across the back of his throne.

''On it,'' nodded Mr Lim and soon he walked off.

''I don't want this to be noticed by the gentry so make sure to be subtle,'' muttered Taehyung to Seokjin who nodded immediately.

''Understood.''

Taehyung sighed, messing up his hair.

They had intruders in the palace. Most likely an assassin group, they must have entered unnoticed among all the visitors of the ball. Finding them among all these people would be difficult but he will have to look out for anyone suspicious.

Widening his eyes, he walked around the throne to looks across the room to the table of refreshments where he spotted Chaeyoung last.

She wasn't there anymore, nor was the guy she was with.

***

hello guys, I hope you liked this chapter! <3

anyway, I have something I want to share with you guys so please read I will try to be brief >.<

I have a new idea for a new story and quite a bit of it is already written too so I was wondering whether you guys would be interested in seeing a peak of it (like a prologue per say) and depending on whether you guys would be interested in it I could publish it sometime this summer >.<

I will however disappoint a lot of you unfortunately because it will not be a taerose story :(( simply a Taehyung fanfiction >.< I still hope some of you guys would give it a chance >.<

anyway, let me know here if you're interested!!

take care, stay safe, love you guys <3

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

270 33 7
Detective Kim Jisoo, meets a mysterious woman. "Would you really let me go if I want to?" "Of course I will. It's your decision. However, don't expec...
8.6K 492 12
A Beautiful woman named Chaeyoung Famously Known as RosΓ© who is loved by everyone. A high payed Model and Singer with multiple awards. Thought that s...
184K 2.6K 22
[RATED M] [ONLY 25 ONESHOTS] WARNING FOR HARDSTAN + 21 π˜Ώπ™Šπ™‰'𝙏 π™π™€π˜Όπ˜Ώ 𝙄𝙁 π™”π™Šπ™ 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇 π™π™π™„π™‚π™‚π™€π™π™€π˜Ώ ↬ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘢...
15.2K 653 16
"RosΓ©," she breathes into her ear, and RosΓ©'s hands wrap around her waist, dipping low enough that they're just above her ass. "You're right," Jisoo...