The Treehouse

By angelcakelove123

Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two peopl... More

Welcome
Cast
Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Author's Note

T H I R T Y - O N E

792 45 6
By angelcakelove123

I released a sigh as my foot crossed the thresh hold.

Home Sweet Home

"It's so nice to have you home, Jay," My father said coming up behind me.

His arm wrapped around me, squeezing my shoulder slightly as I smiled up at him.

"It's good to be home dad," I replied back my smile broadening as my mother came around the other side of me to give me another hug.

"The house was so quiet without you around love," My mother said once we pulled apart from one another.

"I was thinking we can have a movie night together, so you can tell us all about your trip," She suggested with a small smile, my dad nodding in agreement.

"I would love that," I exclaimed happily.

"Perfect!" My mother said enthusiastically.

The bright smile on her face made my heart swell, excited to spend time with my family later tonight.

However, through the excitement, the aroma of food filled my lungs.

"What are you making?" I asked out of curiosity.

At my words both my parents gave each other a knowing look.

"I'm not the one cooking," My mother started making me confused.

But, it only took me a second to understand the meaning behind her words.

Noticing the shift in my expression, my father grabbed my luggage from my hands, stating that he'll take them upstairs for me.

A grateful smile made its way onto my face as I thanked him before rushing into the kitchen.

"Nevah!" 

I let out in both delight and surprise as I stood at the entrance of the kitchen.

Lifting her head up from the pot of food before her, a smile blossomed on her face at the sight of me.

"You're back!" Nevah said happily

"Yeah, so are you," I said with a slight chuckle before pulling her into a hug.

"How was the honeymoon?" I questioned once we pulled away.

"Absolutely amazing," Nevah replied while letting out a dreamy sigh.

For the next twenty minutes, Nevah went on a tangent about her time in Italy. I listened attentively, a smile curling onto my face, happy she had a good time.

"Speaking of which, where's Noah," I asked noting his absence.

"Oh, I sent him out to get me some more flour for me, as I plan on baking an oreo cheesecake later," Nevah explained.

The mention of my favorite dessert made my eyes light up and my mouth water with anticipation.

Looking around the kitchen I spotted jellofrice on the stove, suya sizzling on the pan, and plantain cut up in a bowl, waiting to be fried.

"What's the special occasion?" I asked in surprise as I noticed all my favorite food was being prepared.

Instead of answering my question verbally, Nevah moved over to the other side of the kitchen.

Turning around to face me once again, I spotted an envelope in her hand.

"This came in the mail for you," Nevah said with an excited grin before handing it over.

Peering down at the sealed envelope in my hand I flipped it over to see where it was from.

A gasp almost slipped from my lips as I spotted the Julliard logo.

"Julliard," I whispered in disbelief.

Looking back up at Nevah I noticed she was practically bouncing on the balls of her feet in excitement.

"Is that why you cook all of my favorite food," I said putting the pieces all together.

A nod from Nevah confirmed my statement.

"But, what if I don't even get in," I whispered lightly, a feeling of sadness bubbling with me.

"Don't you dare! Julliard would be out of their mind not to accept you, you're a phenomenal dancer!" Nevah exclaimed.

"Besides, if they didn't accept you it's their loss. Besides what better way to drown in your sorrows besides with food." She stated.

"But, we don't have to worry about that because I have no doubt in my mind that they accepted you," Nevah reassured, giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

Soaking in her words I smiled slightly in appreciation.

"Thanks, Nevah," I said gratefully to have her here.

"If you don't mind, I rather open this letter by myself," I stated.

Nevah nodded in understanding, stating that whenever I was ready to share the news they'll be here.

With one last smile in her direction, I made my way out back to the treehouse.

Once my butt touched the couch I released a sigh.

This is it

Everything I've worked for has to lead up to this moment.

Looking down at the envelope within my shaking hands, anxiety pooled at the bottom of my stomach, a feeling of nausea rushing over me.

"I can't do this," I whispered out placing the envelope beside me on the couch.

Without thinking I pulled out my phone contacting the only person I knew would be able to calm me down right now.

"Hey,"

They greeted on the other line.

"I got a letter from Julliard," 

I said, getting straight to the point, not even bothering with a proper greeting in return.

"I'll be over in ten,"

That was all they said before hanging up the phone.

___

True to his words Myles arrived ten minutes later.

The moment his figure stepped into the treehouse, I rose from my seat, my feet heading over to him.

Taking note of my shaky hands and anxious-filled eyes, Myles immediately pulled me into his warm embrace.

I buried my head deep into his chest as my arms wrapped tightly around his midsection.

Myles rubbed his hand up and down my back, easing the tension within me.

The gentle words of encouragement he whispered in my ear filling me with a sense of peace.

This is exactly what I needed.

We stayed like that for a few more moments, before I pulled away slightly so I could look up at him.

I relished in the feeling of warmth as I remained in his embrace. His grey eyes that I managed to get lost in met my own.

"I'm sorry for calling you over like this. You were probably spending time with your family as we just returned and I interrupted that with my own st-

My rambling was cut off by a pair of soft lips touching my own.

With no hesitation, I returned the kiss as Myles cradled my face gently in the palms of his hands.

Though the kiss was short it still managed to ignite sparks within me.

Pulling away from each other, Myles laid his forehead against mine, the pad of his thump softly caressing my face.

"You don't need to apologize for anything. I'll drop everything in the world to be right beside you, whenever you need me," Myles said his tone dripping with honesty.

Peering up at him I felt my heart rate increase at his words.

Every day it seems I fall deeper and deeper in love with him.

"But, your family," I replied slightly guilty for taking him away from them.

"Don't worry about them, my mother practically shoved me out the door," Myles said with the roll of his eyes, though a smile still played on his lips.

I nodded my head in understanding, the feeling of guilt that pooled at the pit of my stomach now gone.

Pulling away from him, I made my way over to the couch to pick up the letter.

With the envelope in my hand, I made my way back to where I stood.

The letter rested between the two of us, the one thing that could change the trajectory of my life.

Myles placed his hand on top of mine, squeezing it in encouragement before giving me a reassuring smile.

Letting me know that whatever happens, he'll be here.

Though anxiety still bubbled within me, having Myles here with me eased some of my worries and gave me the courage I needed to opened the letter.

With one last sigh, I tore it open.

My eyes skimmed the words along with the page, fearing to see the dreaded word "rejection".

It wasn't until I fell upon a particle sentence that I felt my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.

I read the sentence over and over again, trying to make certain that what I saw was true.

Ms.Montogermy we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Julliard School of Performing Arts.

No matter how many times I read it, it didn't seem real.

But, there it was on the paper.

"I got in," I whispered lowly in disbelief.

It was so low I would be surprised if Myles even heard me, but he did.

Before I knew I was up in the air spinning around as Myles cheered.

"I'm so proud of you! I knew you would get in Twinkle Toes!" Myles exclaimed with joy as he spun me around the room making laughter fall from my lips.

"I got in," I said once more but much louder than the first time.

I looked down at Myles as he stared up at me with a large grin.

"Yes, you did!" He stated before placing a bunch of kisses on my face.

In response, a beautiful smile blossomed onto my face as reality finally set in.

I began to jump up and down in delight, as I came to realize that all my hard work paid off.

The endlessly long nights of practice, the criticism I faced, the barriers I had to overcome, the tears I shed. Everything leading up to this very moment was worth it.

I am going to Julliard!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 847 67
Two childhood best friends made a deal two years ago to have a steamy and secret relationship without any commitment involved despite the fact of the...
39K 795 24
When Liliana moves back to her home town, she is surrounded by photos and news articles about her ex boyfriend; Zachary Miller, a well known boxer es...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
103K 2.7K 39
A story about a Delinquent and a goody two shoes who has different perspectives but has romantic feelings towards each other. Will it work out for th...