The Treehouse

By angelcakelove123

Despite the title, this isn't a story about a treehouse. This is a story about love. This is about two peopl... More

Welcome
Cast
Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
Author's Note

T H I R T Y

1K 53 13
By angelcakelove123

I love you Myles

When those words fell from Jesse's mouth, I felt my heart stop.

It felt surreal.

That someone so beautiful, so kind, and absolutely perfect could love me.

I still feel the softness of her lips against me.

The way I felt my whole body ignite with desire.

The strokes of her hands threw my hair as she pulled me closer.

The feeling was undeniable, I never felt anything quite like it, and I know I never will.

These last couple of days of the trip I didn't leave Jesse's side once.

My hand always finding her own, intertwining it with mine wherever we went.

The gentle kisses I placed against her lips, for I can never get tired of kissing her.

The joyful smiles that light up her face the moment her eyes catch my own, my heart stopping momentarily at the sight of her.

Every moment I had I whispered how I loved her, and when she would say it back it felt like nothing in the world could remove the smile I had on my face.

Whack

A pillow slammed against my face breaking me out of my thought.

"What was that for," I growled out in agitation, a scowl on my face as I glared at Lance.

"You spaced out again," Lance replied with a shrug, an amused glint in his eyes.

"Thinking about a certain ballerina," He said cockily a smirk on his face.

"None of your business," I replied rolling my eyes at him.

Grabbing the pillow that he threw I swung it in his direction. Before Lance could duck out of the way the pillow smacked him right in the face.

I laughed as he lost his balance and stumbled onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow," Lance moaned out in pain.

The opening of the door snatched my attention from a whining Lance and to West who was entering the room.

"I'm not even going to ask," West stated as he caught sight of Lance on the ground.

"Wow, what a great friend you are, not even bothering to help me up," Lance cried out sending a glare in our direction.

West shrugged in reply as I once again rolled my eyes.

So dramatic.

"What did she say?" I asked in anticipation all my attention on West.

It was the last day of the trip and I thought the best way to end it was with a date.

Earlier I had sent West to deliver a letter to Jesse.

Old fashion, I know.

I was already going to ask her on a date but didn't know exactly how, but two nights ago I got the idea when Rayne forced me to watch a romance movie with her.

The movie was calledThe last letter from your lover and Jesse mentioned how she would love for someone to write her love letters as Anthony did for Jay.

And just like that, I knew exactly what to do.

The letter I wrote to Rayne said this,

Dear Rayne,

Since the night we confessed our love for one another I couldn't stop thinking about you.

From the moment I open my eyes to the moment I close them all I can see is you.

The radiance of your skin,

The joy in your smile,

The melodious sound of your laughter.

I can never get enough,

Even after we depart from one another(the saddest part of my day) I still smell your scent on me and then I lay on my bed, so as I sleep it's like you're with me.

I find myself tracing the mold of your body before I go to sleep, remembering what it feels like to have you in my arms.

Recounting the gentle caress of your hand against my cheek, missing your touch.

All I want to do is spend every moment with you because when I'm not with you it feels as if the world is bleak.

You are my light, Jesse.

The sun that I orbit.

The center of my attention and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jesse, my twinkle toes, my sun, my love.

Will you please do me the honor of going on a date with me.

If so, meet me in the main lobby at 7 pm.

I hope to see you then.

Yours Always,

Myles

"Why don't you see for yourself," West replied with a soft smile before handing me over a piece of paper.

Looking down at my hand I realized that it was a letter.

Tearing it open I began to read the words inked on the paper.

Dear Myles,

I can not stop thinking about you either.

Though it was a mere two hours ago that I saw you,

I miss you.

The heart-warming smile you send my way that causes my heart to flutter.

The feeling of comfort as I rest in your arms.

The soft sound of your heartbeat as I lay against your chest.

The butterflies that swarm my stomach as you pepper kisses over my face.

The soft caress of your thumb on my hand.

For no words can describe what I feel for you,

For love isn't even enough.

For if I am the sun, then you are the moon.

Your light illuminates the darkest skies.

Your light leaves me in a trance where all I can see is you.

And for that, I'm delighted to accept your invitation.

To embark on this journey with you,

For I know no matter what happens my love for you will only grow.

See you tonight.

Forever Yours,

Jesse

___

The click of heels against the tiled floor caused me to lift my head away from my phone.

Heading in my direction was Jesse with a beautiful smile illuminating her face.

Meeting her halfway, I took strides towards her noting her appearance along the way.

She wore a light pink slip dress that complimented her skin perfectly, stopping a couple of inches above her knee. The white heels she wore showcasing her long legs.

I couldn't help the smile the formed on my face at the sight of her.

She was absolutely stunning.

I still find it hard to believe that someone as perfect as her can love me.

I don't deserve her.

But, I was too selfish to let her go.

Whether Jesse knew it or not, she had my heart in her hands.

I was hers from the moment her brown eyes connected with mine the fatefully day we met and I can only hope that she will be mine forever.

"You look incredible," I complimented slightly breathless as I stood before her.

I watched as her smile widens at my words, responding with a soft thank you.

"You don't look too bad yourself," She complimented back her eyes raking briefly over my appearance.

I didn't miss the way her gaze lingered on my lips for a few moments, making me inwardly smirk.

After responding with a thank you of my own, I took at my arm for her to take.

"Shall we?" I asked with a charming grin.

"We shall," She replied before wrapping her arm around my own.

Walking out of the hotel the taxi I ordered was already waiting for our arrival.

"Thank you,"

Jesse said as I opened the door for her.

Once she was seated I followed in after her closing the door behind me.

Our hands brushed against each other on the seat lightly making me smile.

Taking the initiative I intertwined our fingers together.

As I lifted up our joint hands to place a kiss on Jesse's hand, I made sure to keep eye contact with her.

Her eyes shined with awe making a smile appear on my face.

In return, Jesse smiled at my actions before placing our joint hands on her lap.

"So, where are we going?" Jesse asked peering out the window as we drove through the city.

"You'll see," I said deciding to keep it a secret much to Jesse's dismay.

She's never been one for surprises, which explains why for the whole ride she continued to try to get information out of me, but it didn't work.

"We're here,"

The uber driver announced making Jesse's eyes light up with excitement and curiosity.

I made sure to step out of the car first, holding the door open as Jesse made her way out.

After thanking the driver, I intertwined our hands once more.

"It's so beautiful here,"

Jesse muttered in awe as walked through The Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, her eyes catching sight of the fountain that stood in the middle.

I nodded in agreement, in awe of the architecture of the buildings, that resembled those of the Romans.

"Tickets please," The man at the front entrance said.

Pulling out the tickets from my back pocket I quickly handed them over to him, before Jesse could see them.

I held in a chuckle as Jesse let out a sigh of annoyance.

"You two have a great night!" He said after checking the tickets.

"You too," I replied back before pulling Jesse along.

Her eyes wandered around the room in awe, her eyes widen as she took in the thousands of people that filled the room.

She was so distracted that she didn't notice we just walked up a flight of stairs and are now heading towards our seats.

I reserved two balcony seats so that we would be able to have some alone time.

It wasn't until we sat down did Jesse finally speak.

"When you asked me out on a date, I assumed we were going out to diner, but instead we're at one of the greatest performing arts centers in the world," Jesse said completely awestruck.

"Do you not like it," I asked trying to hide the worry in my tone, though by the look in her eyes I can tell I didn't do so well.

Leaning over, Jesse placed a gentle kiss on my lips, my heart rate picking up in the process.

As we pulled away a smile broke onto Jesse's face.

"I love it," She whispered gently against my lips before placing another kiss, this one shorter than the last one, but still managed to make me lose my breath.

We were so caught up in our own world that we missed the introduction of the performers.

"And I now present to you the New York City Ballet!" The person on stage announced causing everyone in the audience to erupt into cheers.

"You didn't," Jesse said her eyes wide and lips parted in complete disbelief.

When we were younger Jesse would rave about how incredible the New York City Ballet was and that only the top of the top dancers perform with them.

"One day Myles I'm going to perform with the New City Ballet," Jesse spoke dreamily her eyes glazing over with hope,"

"I have no doubt Twinkle Toes, you're the best dancer I know, and I'll be right there front and center watching you perform," I agreed with complete reassurance that she would.

From that day on, I promised that I would take her to her first show, and be there when performs with them for the first time.

Before I could even reply, Jesse's hands gripped my shirt tugging me closer to her.

Her lips pressed against mine in a passionate, sweet, and loving kiss.

My lips responding immediately my senses were overwhelmed by the feeling of her pressed against me.

Once we pulled away harsh breaths fell from our swollen lips.

"I love you," Jesse whispered softly.

I felt my breath hitch at her words, sure that no matter how many times she tells me it still feels like the first time.

"I love you too," I whispered back a large grin on my face that reflected her own.

The draw of curtains redirected our attention to the stage.

Throughout the performance, I watched as the smile on Jesse's face only widened.

Her eyes never leaving the stage once, as she delighted in every second of her performance.

I watched her reactions throughout, taking joy in seeing her so happy.

"One day that will be you," I whispered gently in her ear, taking her attention briefly away from the talented dancers.

I didn't miss the way hope shined within her at the prospect of that one day being her.

"You really believe so," She whispered back uncertainty reflecting in her tone.

"I know so," I replied back in complete confidence washing away any doubt she had in her abilities.

"And you'll be front and center?" She questioned her gaze soft.

"Front and center," I replied back squeezing her hand in reassurance.

And with that, she turned her attention back to the stage, though my gaze never left hers.

"You'll always believe in me, Myles, right? Even if I was the worst dancer in the world."

Jesse pondered out loud as we laid against the wooden floor of the treehouse.

"I'll always believe in you Jesse because even if you were the worst dancer in the world you'll still be the best to me," I replied back without hesitation.

"You really mean that," Jesse said turning her body towards me, as I did the same.

"Yes," I replied immediately making a smile light up her face.

"Pinky promise, that you'll always believe in me," Jesse said with a cheeky grin as she held out pinky.

"I, Myles Langston, pinky promise, to always believe in Jesse Montgomery aka Twinkle Toes until the day I die,"

And with that our pinkies wrapped around each other, sealing the promise.

Just a few more chapters left.

Just out of curiosity who's your favorite character?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 304 41
She's a dancer, an artist and a follower. He's a fighter, a drinker and a leader. Both have one thing in common though; tragedies. ~ When both of th...
1.7K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
2.7K 255 35
A story of a man who is struggling with life, to make ends meet. He meets another man who is opposite to him in every way possible. Do they become fr...