Devil in your heart: Deal wit...

By Aka1tsuk

Thirteen years ago, the world used guns as a countermeasure for devils. But some people abused this power. Le... More

CH.1" the devil in your heart"
Ch.2 "Return to Tokyo"
Ch.4 " Devil in Hotel"
Ch. 5" Smokes and pressure"
Ch. 6 " Shotguns and Chainsaws"
Ch.7 " drinking and smoking"
ch.8 " Dinner with Division 4"
Ch. 9 " Team building "
ch.10 " eggs and ham with fried rice"
ch.11 " Gunfire"
Ch. 12 " Another Gun"
Ch.13 " From Kyoto"
Ch.14 " A perfect 100"
ch.15 " Sisters and Trainers"
Juno Liebert
Ch.16 "Resignations"
ch.17 " Drinks"
ch.18 " Proceed operations"
ch.19 " Operation space rainbow"
Ch. 20 " Chainsaw Vs Katana"
ch. 21 "Aftermath of events"
Ch. 22 " Barfight"
Ch. 23 " Senpais and lap pillows"
Ch. 24 " Chilling out"
Ch. 25 " Patrol"
ch.27 " Cafe "
Ch 28. " Questions and Answers "
ch.29 " Bodyguard "
0.5 T i m e ( and Author note)
ch. 30 " Guns and Yakuza"
Ch. 31 " Last day before full duty"
0.5 "Valentine special "
Ch. 32 " Start of Full Active duty."

Ch.3 " Meeting the newbies"

3.3K 69 16
By Aka1tsuk

Outside a hotel. Six people stood, clad in the safety bureau's uniform.

"A devil extermination request from the Bureau. A devil was spotted inside Hotel Morin. The status of the guests is unknown. Several Private Devil hunters who responded to the request first have been killed," a man with medium length black hair tied in a topknot said.

He pulled out what seemed to be a fleshy bullet tied like a necklace. the Gun devil's fragment.

" There were movements from the fragment of the Gun devil. Most likely, it's a devil that consumed a fragment as well" He then placed it back around his neck.

" So I guess our job would be to take care of the devil and take the piece, right Aki?" a teenaged boy with spikey blonde hair and spikey teeth asked.

" The Devil is hiding somewhere inside this hotel. And not your average devil either. The Gun Devil's fragment is being drawn to it. That means it's a devil that has eaten a fragment. So yes, Denji." Aki replied

"Isn't that supposed ta mean the Gun devil is here?" Denji said

" The Larger the fragment, the stronger the attraction. This is too small for that" Aki replied.

" That seems cool!.. Gimme it!!" the girl with pink hair and red horns ordered

Aki stared at them for a second

" You two...Where are your manners?" Aki asked

" Huh..?" Denji and Power said simultaneously. The two were about to retort when they were interrupted by a man with a scar on his left cheek.

" Mr. Hayakawa? miss Makima said that were supposed to have another person with us. Are they arriving soon?" Arai asked.

" Oh. Juno. He's like Denji except more respectable," Aki said, which offended Denji.

" Huh!? are you saying that I'm not respecta-"

"And by that, I mean that he can transform into a devil. But I trusts that no conversations in public about his ability. Juno is somewhat an ace of the Special division, so you being in this squad means the top-brass trusts your character and that information about his abilities leave the site or the Special division squad. Got that?" Aki interrupted Denji.

" Yes, sir." Arai replied with a firm nod.

They then heard a sound of a car stopping in front of the Hotel's entrance gate. They turned to see a black car with dark tinted windows. It was the standard American police cruiser, but refitted for a the bureau's needs.

" Well, Speak of the devil and he shall come."

The front passenger door opened, and a man in his early twenties came out. He had black hair with a slight curl and wore the standard bureau uniform of a black suit with a white button-up shirt under the jacket. He turned back to the car and he said something to the driver and the passenger at the back. The car then drove away. He  turned around and started walking towards the group.

" Good afternoon" He greeted with a smile.

"You're late," Aki said as the man stopped in front of the group.

" I just came back an hour and Traffic was shit, and also, No welcome back? I expected more from you. "

" Welcome back, Juno. There. Happy?" Aki said with a sigh.

" Someone's grumpy," Juno feigned hurt.

" Welcome back, Juno! we missed you!" a woman with short black hair and an eye patch said.

" Aww missed you too, Himeno!" Juno said before hugging Himeno. With Himeno reciprocating his hug with a smile.

The Recruits were a bit confused at what was happening. Although Denji was thinking about how lucky Juno is for being able to hug a beautiful woman, as usual as Denji can get. Although he mentally slapped himself since he promised that his heart is for Makima only. 

As Himeno and Juno stopped hugging. Juno looked at Aki, who was slowly backing away from Juno, who had a creepy grin.

" And you too! Come on!" Juno said as he dodged Aki's punch and began to hug him.

" Let...Go!..Damn it!"

Juno then stopped hugging Aki as he looked at the newbies.

" Y'all must be the newbies," Juno asked as the recruits nodded.

" Names?" Juno asked

" Hirokazu Arai! Nice to meet you, sir!" Arai introduced.

" I-I'm Kobeni Higashiyama...Nice to meet you, sir" Kobeni said timidly

" I'm Denji" Denji simply said

" Im the Blood devil, Power! Bow before me Human!" Power ordered. Which was replied with an awkward silence as the group only stared at her while Juno only raised his eyebrows.

" Im Juno Liebert. Nice to meet you. I trust you all know how handle yourselves accordingly in missions or patrols."

" Alright, Introductions aside, Let's start the mission," Aki said.

Aki entered the hotel with Juno following him behind.

" What's the Sit-rep?" Juno asked as he and Aki went ahead inside the hotel.

Himeno got closer to the recruits as she whispered.

" Juno might look detached like Aki but he's a real sweetheart, He's just awkward at meeting new people," Himeno whispered to the recruits as she then followed behind Aki and Juno. The recruits then followed them soon. Although as they got in the lobby, Juno was a bit curious about why Aki looked so mad, so he decided to pick on him.

" You seem to be in a bad mood. What's got yer knickers in a twist?" Juno asked Aki.

" I'm not mad," Aki said with a hint of anger.

Obviously, Aki is not one who can hide his emotions that well.

Juno then slowed down and asked the recruits.

" What's he angry about?" Juno asked Himeno. Which Himeno only answered with a shrug.

" I think he's still angry about the prank me and Power did this morning," Denji answered Juno's question.

" You think maybe we did it too far? That prank was pretty bad," Power said to Denji.

"That was not a goddamn prank!! I'll Fucking Kill you!" Aki exclaimed as he stopped and faced Denji and power's direction with a furious look.

" Scaryyyy..What happened anyway?" Himeno asked.

" Nothing happened" Aki answered

" Actually-"

.

( One story telling later...)

.

" Aki, It's a bit mean if you're only swinging the stick", Himeno tilted her head to the side.

" Yeah! I almost died cuz' of that bat! And I'm already getting dragged back out to work! Where's my reward!?" Denji retorted.

Then an Idea got to Himeno's head

" Ohhh...Alright! I'll pitch in too!" Himeno got the attention of everyone.

" I'll give whoever kills the devil this time a kiss on the cheek!" Himeno announced with a cheeky smile.

" EHH!?"

" That's! You shouldn't do that! an unmarried maiden doing such a lewd.." Arai exclaimed, dumfounded.

" What? People work harder when there's a reward, right? Right!?" Himeno said while hugging Kobeni.

The silence was broken by Denji.

" I don't need a kiss...It's fine, I've got my own motivation", Denji said which piqued Himeno's curiosity.

" Oh?"

" I already decided who I want my first kiss to be. I'll gather these fragments and whatever for her...I ain't kissing anyone 'til I murder the Gun devil" Denji said.

" The devil gun..You...?" Aki said.

" Hoo Boy, saying that to Aki's face?" Himeno said

" Besides, I learned something important. Doing sexy stuff feels good because you both understand each other. I don't even know anything about you. Your Lips ain't nothing to get excited about" Denji said.

" hoooooohh~ You don't say~~," Himeno said with a cheeky grin. Himeno leaned over to Denji's ear.

" Then, If you kill the Devil, Denji...I'll give you a french kiss," Himeno said.

Denji had a his tongue out and grinned while Arai had a face of disgust.

" Oi Oi oi, why is the new guy getting a reward? I just finished a week-long mission and I don't get a reward? That's unfair...." Juno pretends to be hurt.

" Awwwww, don't worry Juno....You'll get your reward later, too~" Himeno said as she winked at Juno.

" I- I was just joking..." Juno said, embarrassed.

" What? You don't want to kiss me?" Himeno said.

" well-I- ah- sighhh" Juno said with a slight blush

" Oh? So you do want to kiss me~!" Himeno poked Juno's cheeks.

" Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? " Juno said without hesitation, which made Himeno smile.

" Let's...Let's just get on with this mission" Juno said as he walked to the stairs.

=======timeskip=====

The group were walking the halls of the Hotel, searching for the Devil that resided in it.

" teasing boys are fun" Himeno said with a cheeky grin as she watched Denji and Arai hurriedly searched for the Devil.

" What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" Kobeni said, biting her thumb nervously.

" I want to drink some blood" Power said.
While Juno and Aki, stayed quiet behind the three girls. Despite the playful and chaotic energy of the group, Juno remained serious as his eyes scanned the hallway.

" Stop! It's not safe to go alone!" Arai said as he over took Denji and shoulder slammed him to the wall.

"GAH!"

" I owe Himeno for training me up for half a year! If some punk decides to steal her lips, then I'll take the kiss on the cheek!"

" Beat it!" Denji said as he tried to push Arai away. But Arai kept pushing him on the wall.

"Quit clinging to me asshole! You're making me sick! Fuck off! Don't put what I'm trying to do on the same level of your shit!" Denji exclaimed.

" Do you think the recruits will be useful?" Aki asked Juno and Himeno.

"Arai's a bit lacking in abilities but he's got the spirit. Kobeni's a bit reserved and tentative but she can move pretty well." Himeno said.

" What about yours?" Juno asked.

" The blood devilman seems strong but she's got a short fuse. There might still be a chance she might betray us too. While there still too many uncertainties with Denji", Aki said.

" Did something happen?", Juno asked.

" the blood devil man brought Denji to be fed to a Bat devil in exchange for her Cat, Nyako. Although Denji killed it, And nearly got killed by a Leech devil" Aki replied.

"Hmm."

" These Four rookies. Do you think they'll survive?", Himeno asked.

" Guys who I thought were strong. And Guys who I thought weren't, Have died. Or gone to the Private sector within a year." Aki replied.

" Maybe because their brain is still tightly screwed in." Juno said as he pulled out a flask.

" Master isn't a good influence for you, Juno" Himeno said which made Aki and Juno slightly chuckle.

"Too late, he kinda raised me for a while. And also,  you ain't a better influence on minors," Juno replied.

Himeno chuckled before her face turned serious and sent a side glance to the two.

"...Don't Die Aki... You too Juno" Himeno told the two as she went went ahead.

" You too, Himeno," Juno replied as he took a swig from his flask. Which was only filled with Root Beer.

" Don't die Aki, Juno."

====flashback=============================================

In front of a grave. Stood Himeno with longer hair, her eyepatch was only a medical eyepatch and bandage, and her arm was in a sling.

A middle-aged man accompanied with two young men approached Himeno.

" Himeno...He's your new buddy. While this one will be your trainee. Although he's not permanently in your team." the man said.

" I'm Aki. Looking forward to it." A younger Aki with shorter hair said monotonously.

" Juno Liebert. Looking forward to working with you" A younger Juno with longer hair said with a slight smile.

" Aki is a bit Impolite. But he has  enough training to be useful. And Juno. Juno is a human that can change into a pseudo-Gun devil. Higher-ups thinks that he would be useful in finding the Gun devil. Train him well. Take care. My condolences," the man said as he went away.

The silence that followed was painful. So Himeno decided to break it.

" So. Are you useful?" Himeno asked Aki.

" Maybe....Who knows" Aki replied monotonously.

" How about you?"

" I heard that guns are tools. And Useless tools get turned to scrap. I pray not to be turned into scrap." Juno answered.

Himeno then turned to the two.

" You'll be my sixth buddy. Everyone else was useless trash so they died." Himeno said with no hint of emotion.

" And you'll be my first trainee. So you best bet I'll be as strict as Kishibe." Himeno said towards Juno, which juno only nodded.

She then walked a bit closer to the two, before patting them on their shoulders.

" Don't Die Aki. You too, Juno."

==========================================================

Aki was brought out of his flashback sequence as he felt Juno poke his cheek with his flask.

" You want some?" Juno asked Aki.
Aki only shrugged and grabbed the flask and drank.

" Root beer?" Aki asked, puzzled.

" I ain't no alcoholic." Juno said dismissively as he grabbed the flask back from Aki and pulled out a white napkin and wiped the mouth of the flask and drank.

" Besides. Drinking liquor during a job breaks protocol." Juno said.

" What about Kishibe?"

" Anyone tried to stop him lost either a finger, or an arm" Juno said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.8K 41
Power X Male Reader. The flames poured into his soul, fusing themselves, grasping into the only thing that could give them comfort and warmth, dancin...
6K 78 23
My collection of Chainsaw Man one-shot fan-fictions. SPOILERS FOR THE MANGA WITHIN THIS CONTENT (Please read with caution if you have not caught up...
159K 4.6K 32
Y/N is an American working for the Public Safety Devil Hunters in Japan at the request of Makima. Talented and hungry to fight devils, Y/N is a model...
2.5K 122 17
Makima finds herself in a strange world after receiving the highest honor of being consumed by the Chainsaw Man. It was certainly a fascinating place...